[Death Shroud] Show Skills 6 -10 Cooldown

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

when necromancers enters death shroud, weapons skills 1 – 5 are replaced with death shroud skills while skills 6 – 10 are locked out and replaced with a padlock icon.

instead of the padlock icon, show the recharge timer for skills 6 – 10, if the skills are not on cool down then it shows the padlock icon as usual.

at least we will know our heal is ready when we exit death shroud, or other skills.

this will be a much welcomed feature of life upgrade for necromancer players.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Agreed. It allows for smarter decision making and brings it more in line with other comparable profession play (attunements/weapon kits) but without actually directly buffing Necro in any way.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

This would be nice. While with a lot of practice, you can intuitively ‘feel’ what the cooldowns are, this would take out the guesswork.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye thanks for the feedback!

surely there are many other fellow necromancer players out there who would welcome this addition, yes?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

aye thanks for the feedback!

surely there are many other fellow necromancer players out there who would welcome this addition, yes?

I wouldn’t put it at the top of necro issues that need addressing, but it would be a nice change.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This is a good solid idea

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I think its a great idea, more information to the player to make their descisions. Not the biggest issue, but it would certainly be a big QoL improvement.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Ah well, or you can keep the count of seconds for healing and Ds while in DS or Plague Form as I do >.<

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Roe, oZii, Terrahero
thanks for the feedback and support!

Luke
yeah i do that when i play my necromancer, it is what we can do at the moment.
but having this would make things so much better!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

+1, although to be fair my necro build I’m in DS almost the entire time so often my skills are off cd by the time I decide to exit.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

+1, though i think necros or the game in general have more important problems like seeing the lf bar in the group interface…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: schmots.6803

schmots.6803

Don’t play a necro (did level one to mid 30s) I agree that this would be nice for necros and see no real advantage it would give over any other player.

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye, thanks for the feedback and support everyone!

please keep them coming!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As a necromancer, I support this message. This is a great suggestion. Simple and elegant, without upsetting the balance in any way.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

This would be nice. While with a lot of practice, you can intuitively ‘feel’ what the cooldowns are, this would take out the guesswork.

Best i can tell, ANet seems to think that “seat of the pants” gaming promotes “skill”…

Start poking at it, and one find that there are a host of “hidden” variables and mechanics at work in this game.

The game launched without windup times for any skill that didn’t have a channel time. And still do not account for aftercasts in the tooltips.

End result is that the only way to make informed decisions is to leave the game and read reams upon reams of forum posts, wiki articles and blog postings.

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Mad Queen Malafide,
thanks!

digiowl,
ya, there are a lot of things that are not explained properly in the game.
for myself i check the wiki often.

still, i hope they would implement things such as this.
surely it would not be too hard to implement.
at least that is what i think about it.

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

any chance we could have a red tag come in here and comment a bit ?

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

may we receive more feedback from fellow necromancer please?
thanks!

hopefully this is not too hard for them to code …

in Profession Balance

Posted by: djooceboxblast.9876

djooceboxblast.9876

Would be a very nice change! +1

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

Would be wonderful! I miss playing my necromancer and this tiny improvement would convince me to hang up my ele’s staff for a bit.

Sylvari for life. <3

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

No. 6-0 utility places HAVE to be reserved for future Death Shroud skill expanding.

Non-DS utility cooldowns should have their counters above the utility skill bar.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

No. 6-0 utility places HAVE to be reserved for future Death Shroud skill expanding.

Non-DS utility cooldowns should have their counters above the utility skill bar.

Having more skills added to DS is a huge power creep, one I hope never happens and realistically probably won’t.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

Having more skills added to DS is a huge power creep, one I hope never happens and realistically probably won’t.

I would say it opens way more possibilities and gives the depth to Necromancer. I’m sick of Life Force and DS being “uh, second health”. I want them to be useful. I want them to be managed. I want them to expand.

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

I would say it opens way more possibilities and gives the depth to Necromancer. I’m sick of Life Force and DS being “uh, second health”. I want them to be useful. I want them to be managed. I want them to expand.

There are a good bit of skills to cast right now in DS, and you can trait for DS to be really strong either in power or condi builds.

Seeing our cooldowns is a good change.

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what if,
F1 = default death shroud
F2 = offensive death shroud
F3 = defensive death shroud
F4 = support death shroud

shudders

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

I like looking at DS utilities as abilities which rely on consuming Life Force. So far, we have our offensive abilities for DS. Now it’s high time for defensive, group&self utility.

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I like looking at DS utilities as abilities which rely on consuming Life Force. So far, we have our offensive abilities for DS. Now it’s high time for defensive, group&self utility.

f1 = default offensive death shroud skills 1 – 5
f2 = defensive death shroud skills 1 – 5
f3 = group utility death shroud skills 1 – 5
f4 = self utility death shroud skilsl 1 – 5

suddenly, necromancers will receive 15 extra death shroud skills to juggle around with.
of course, using one set will means locking out of the other 3 sets, unless exiting death shroud, wait for recharge time, then enter the other death shroud.

i think i need to start a new topic for this …

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Went from QoL to a full on rework. Reminds me of my steal topic O.o

I’d say just let us see our cooldowns while in DS (except weapon skills ofc). It gives 0 statistical benefit to the necro, just helps them make better timed decisions. I often exit Ds with still 3-5 seconds left on my healing skill which sometimes resulted in my death. Not that I think my head clock is all epic but its kind of hard to count down 20+ seconds in the heat of battle while paying attention to about a dozen other things.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

f1 = default offensive death shroud skills 1 – 5
f2 = defensive death shroud skills 1 – 5
f3 = group utility death shroud skills 1 – 5
f4 = self utility death shroud skilsl 1 – 5

suddenly, necromancers will receive 15 extra death shroud skills to juggle around with.
of course, using one set will means locking out of the other 3 sets, unless exiting death shroud, wait for recharge time, then enter the other death shroud.

i think i need to start a new topic for this …

Too much. We don’t need 4 different mechanics. One Shroud with 10 buttons is perfectly enough if designed well.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Nice quality of life stuff, please make it happen.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gell.5907

Gell.5907

I would like to be able to see not only utility cooldowns, but cooldowns on my alternate weapon set, too.
Or on both weapon sets even, when wielding en engi kit.
Or on all ele attunements.

Tasty N Plush, Perty The Perturbed [HaBB]
Desolation

in Profession Balance

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

aye, thanks everyone for the feedback, support.

it has been 6 months since the creation of this topic.

some red reply would be appreciated.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I disagree, they should be reserved for more deathshroud skills and your claim that it is power creep is unfair because you cannot judge its effectiveness until it has been put into place, under any circumstances.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

some red reply would be appreciated.

Good luck with that

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

I disagree, they should be reserved for more deathshroud skills and your claim that it is power creep is unfair because you cannot judge its effectiveness until it has been put into place, under any circumstances.

Inventing new skills where there were none is power creep, not sure how you can’t see that.

It would be nice if this change were put in that could also somehow make signets work in death shroud as well.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

-hooray-
another necro thread to be ignored…
-yey-
:(

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

I agree with this. There’s nothing worse than going into DS and forgetting what your cooldowns were. Do you have Spectral Walk ready? Plague signet? Wurm? Is your heal skill up? You can remember all those things if you really pay attention but sometimes it’s just impossible, especially if you are forced into DS by sudden burst damage. So yes, I think this change would be quite nice

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

This would be too hard for new players to understand. They can see the skill and it’s cooldown, but can’t figure out why they can’t use it. >.>

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

yupyupyupyupypuuyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupyupypuypyupyupyupypuypupypuypuypupyupyupypupyupyu

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

Regular cooldowns could be displayed as smaller icons above utility section.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Morde.3158

Morde.3158

I say all the professions need change iam tired of nerfs and buffs I want to see my skills not going obstructed or saying out of range when clearly iam in range and silly crap like flesh golem bugging out. I want to see more skills traits tired of the same old stuff with my necro. Necro is my main in every game and by far this game has the lamest necro.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Inventing new skills where there were none is power creep, not sure how you can’t see that.

It would be nice if this change were put in that could also somehow make signets work in death shroud as well.

So new Grandmaster traits aren’t power creep but skills are?
Increasing the damage and velocity of rapid fire while at 1500 range is not power creep?
Power creep is not power creep. Power creep is an excuse for fear mongering.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, new Grandmaster traits are an example of horizontal progression. To use one, you have to give up another Grandmaster trait. There is a cost to using a new Grandmaster trait (or any new trait, rune, sigil, food, or skill). This is not power creep (though certain options may be overpowered).

Adding skills 6-0 to Death Shroud is Power Creep, because to use them, you aren’t giving anything up. You just get them. When Tainted Shackles was introduced, that was power creep, since every necro got something for nothing. However, this goes to show that power creep isn’t inherently bad as before that, Necros were in a rather sorry spot. Now, Necros are pretty good (except in PvE). Still need some changes, but power creep is not needed.

Also, Rapid Fire had neither its damage, nor velocity increased. Only thing that changed was the cast time.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

Power creep, power creep…

If 6-0 skills in addition to cooldowns would rely on consuming your Life Force in order to even work, I doubt we would see any power creep.

By this I don’t mean such skills like “10 second cooldown, AoE Fear for 5 seconds”.

More likely something like “Consume 25% of your total Life Force to gain Distortion for 1,5 second and heal allies for the X% of damage you’d take during that period of time – 30s CD”.

Here, subtle way to bound DS more with our survivability, give us full defense for a brief time with a high cost, giving us chance to survive “one-shots” in PvE for example. And support allies.

This is Life Force management.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Power creep, power creep…

If 6-0 skills in addition to cooldowns would rely on consuming your Life Force in order to even work, I doubt we would see any power creep.

No, this is the very definition of power creep. Currently, we have nothing there. You are talking about replacing nothing with something. It doesn’t even matter if those skills are a 3 second cast to deal 1 damage a piece, that is still better than what we have right now in those slots. Ergo, power creep.

Showing the cooldowns for our heal, elite, and utilities while we’re in death shroud? Quality of life change, as it doesn’t allow any plays to be made that previously couldn’t be. I don’t think it’s necessary, but I have no issues with it.

Adding new death shroud skills? Forget it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

Roe.3679

Increasing the damage and velocity of rapid fire while at 1500 range is not power creep?
Power creep is not power creep. Power creep is an excuse for fear mongering.

Rapid fire was a buff to a class and spec that needed it. So in a way it’s power creep, yes, except to something with low power. And as Drarnor explained, new grandmasters are horizontal progression (and almost every new trait is underpowered and unused).

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

While not playing a necro myself, i would fully support that (and while at it why not do the same to any tranformations (Norn Elites, necro plague as well etc)?

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

when necromancers enters death shroud, weapons skills 1 – 5 are replaced with death shroud skills while skills 6 – 10 are locked out and replaced with a padlock icon.

instead of the padlock icon, show the recharge timer for skills 6 – 10, if the skills are not on cool down then it shows the padlock icon as usual.

at least we will know our heal is ready when we exit death shroud, or other skills.

this will be a much welcomed feature of life upgrade for necromancer players.

This is a balance-neutral significant QoL improvement that should be added to all transforms/bundles that lock utilities. A benefit to lots of classes might justify the development time.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

HOORAY!

They fixed it.

With now having 0% LF whole game, you will ALWAYS see your 6-10 skills.

Bravo Anet!

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Great idea, I think deathshroud is the most punishing class mechaninc if you are not monitoring your utility cooldowns. It really sucks to come out of deathshroud hoping your spectral armor is ready only to find out it still has 5 more seconds and splat you are dead.