"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Should you ever look at a situation early on and say to yourself, “I’m going to die.” I’ve been caught in so many situations with confusion stacks I could do nothing about, and it’s ridiculous. I can save cleanses for conditions, but the game doesn’t work that way. There’s taking care of the cripple I may have, poison so my heals aren’t affected badly for the long run, etc. Does anyone else feel that damage from confusion should have an icd or a % decrease solely for PvP? I’m open to any ideas… I only play a shout guardian

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

it already has a % decrease for pvp. I think you just need to practice dealing with it some more.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

mrauls.6519

It needs an even bigger % decrease then. What am I supposed to practice? Dying? If I have 5 stacks of confusion on me lasting for, let’s say 6 seconds, what am I supposed to practice here? If I can’t remove it, confusion will hinder me in anything I do. Running away isn’t a viable strategy in a situation where I want to fight back. It hurts me if I try to heal, it hurts me if I try to attack, etc. What am I supposed to be practicing?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Just dodge and dont attack.
If you dont have enough condition clear thats your falut.

Trust me. I’m engineer

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

Having atleast 1 or 2 sort of condition removals is viable in PvP, given how it’s a big part of it. If you don’t have it, then all you can do is try kite your enemy until it wears off or run off, not much you can do.

Confusion is laughable with condition removal, as that supposedly big stack turns into nothing and the enemies confidence just dwindled.

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

i switched from condi to power necro the other day and while on condi necro i cud have shredded, i came across a confusion spamming no-skill engi and was just like lolnope and logged out.

CD

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

I’m starting to wonder if the hate for the condi meta is less about burst being objectively better and more about the fact that once you’re bursted, it’s over. But once you’re condi stacked, you’re just looking at a hopeless situation that you’re left feeling helpless over.

Call me Smith.

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

mrauls.6519

Having atleast 1 or 2 sort of condition removals is viable in PvP, given how it’s a big part of it. If you don’t have it, then all you can do is try kite your enemy until it wears off or run off, not much you can do.

Confusion is laughable with condition removal, as that supposedly big stack turns into nothing and the enemies confidence just dwindled.

I said in the OP I use shouts. Each one removes a condition, and I use three. Confusion application can be faster than the recharge time on my shouts, and even then, who’s to say there isn’t another condition that gets taken off instead of confusion? It needs a change

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

mrauls.6519

Just dodge and dont attack.
If you dont have enough condition clear thats your falut.

If I could carry more condition cleanses I would. I run with three shout utilities and each one can remove one condition. What do you expect me to do when professions can generally apply a lot of conditions repetitively? It’s not my fault. Confusion in general, its damage, or application needs to be changed

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

mrauls.6519

I’m starting to wonder if the hate for the condi meta is less about burst being objectively better and more about the fact that once you’re bursted, it’s over. But once you’re condi stacked, you’re just looking at a hopeless situation that you’re left feeling helpless over.

I agree that once you have a certain amount of conditions with lengthy timers you feel hopeless. What I really want changed is confusion. Something needs to give. It’s not a good situation when you’re taking roughly 1,000 damage from attacks. Some professions can handle this better. For example, thieves can enter stealth when they have conditions and remove them rather frequently. It may not be as big of a deal to them all the time, but when there are no outs it’s ridiculous

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

"I'm Going to Die" [PvP]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The only thing that bothers me about confusion is when I have multiple conditions and I kill myself trying to remove them because there’s not priority system in place for condition removal.