Necromancers Punished For Having Regen

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Regeneration’s effect, like all healing, is blocked by Death Shroud. Unlike some professions, Necromancers have no benefits simply for having a boon and get no special benefit from Regeneration specifically either. No runes will give a benefit for having Regeneration or generic boons either. As such, a Necromancer in Death Shroud is literally receiving no benefit from the boon.
However, there are things that punish the Necromancer for having the boon. Other Necromancers can corrupt it to poison via Corrupt Boon, Well of Corruption, or Path of Corruption. Mesmers and Thieves can steal it with Arcane Thievery, Bountiful Theft, or Larcenous Strike. Mesmers can copy it with Mimic, Necros strip it for extra damage with Spinal Shivers, or Warriors get bonus damage from Destruction of the Empowered.
Unlike traits or skills that get benefits from conditions on a target, the counterplay of removal is not present for boons. Nobody can end their own boon sooner than it would naturally expire. As such, the Regeneration boon turns from buff to liability when a Necromacer activates death shroud.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

This is a really, really… really old discussion that the balance team has weighed and found lacking because Necromancers being able to heal in DS would make them stupid OP. Not saying the heal/siphon scale cannot be tweaked but two years of “NO!” means no.

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

This is a really, really… really old discussion that the balance team has weighed and found lacking because Necromancers being able to heal in DS would make them stupid OP. Not saying the heal/siphon scale cannot be tweaked but two years of “NO!” means no.

I wasn’t around two years ago so I can’t take your word for it.

Show me proof of them weighing in on this matter and I’ll drop the subject, but until then I won’t quit until I get some answers.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Show me proof of them weighing in on this matter and I’ll drop the subject, but until then I won’t quit until I get some answers.

Would not matter one bit any proof he could find (I do recall it being mentions in one video or another) will either not satisfy you (as you are likely to disagree with their reasoning), and as old information holds no weight as until content is release (and sometime after) Anet can/will change their minds and just do whatever it is in the ‘current’ vision.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

kinda funny you mentioned that, since bleeding most certainly affects total life force.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m still not quite sure what the problem with making healing work on the HP-bar while in Death Shroud would even be. So what?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

I’m still not quite sure what the problem with making healing work on the HP-bar while in Death Shroud would even be. So what?

People are scared of giving Necromancers good stuff since “2 lifebars are OP”…

Meanwhile they forget that any other class does not get locked out of Regeneration while having acces to their sustain options (Invulns, Blocks, Vigor etc.), while the Necromancer sacrificed this to make room for Lifeforce and Life Drain (of which the latter does not work in DS as well)…

Class Xenophobia is real…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

It’s also weird because wasn’t the whole point of a Necro to be so insanely tanky?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

It’s also weird because wasn’t the whole point of a Necro to be so insanely tanky?

Even more weird is that some people think that the balancing people

a) have a clear idea about what kind of a role a necromancer should fulfill in gw2
b) have played a necromancer to see their issues
c) read the deserted profession balance or profession forums

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

Meh, if we had updates on class philosophy, I guess now it’d be “Slow bursty class that annoys people” rather than “Attrition”…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

well, so?

a point of necro also was ‘to be the class you CANNOT get away from’. and how did that turn out?

what the necro was supposed to be like doesnt seem to mean much.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Necro has the option to roll into DS regen which although is not the same as the way a ranger or warrior’s regen it is still a strong method of regen style sustain.

If necros were given more direct control over their default health bar without restricting access to it’s other strength and options it would be WAY to strong. No-risk builds are already in abundance and to strong for the input and level of forgiveness. >=(

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

If necros were given more direct control over their default health bar without restricting access to it’s other strength and options it would be WAY to strong.

Interesting… And you know this because?

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

If necros were given more direct control over their default health bar without restricting access to it’s other strength and options it would be WAY to strong. No-risk builds are already in abundance and to strong for the input and level of forgiveness. >=(

But Necros have no real strength. It was supposed to be attrition, only well, no, they’re not significantly more adept at outlasting than the rest is.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Yeah. But then they also decided that bunkering in SPVP made for boring play. End result, a fish out of water because they want PVE and WVW to act as training grounds for the SPVP “end game”.

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

Yeah. But then they also decided that bunkering in SPVP made for boring play. End result, a fish out of water because they want PVE and WVW to act as training grounds for the SPVP “end game”.

Training ground….wut….

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

Necro has the option to roll into DS regen which although is not the same as the way a ranger or warrior’s regen it is still a strong method of regen style sustain.

The issue is when you spec into unholy sanctuary you have given up your potential for effective play.

in Profession Balance

Carighan.6758

They could substantially improve PvP in this game by completely axing sPvP and focusing the resources into WvW and PvE…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

allow healing in death shroud.
we are waiting for the game to be fixed

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

DS should remove regen and make them immune to regen til it ends problem solved.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

DS should remove regen and make them immune to regen til it ends problem solved.

And put 25 stacks of Vulnerability, so Mesmers and Thieves can show off their skillfull instagib burst even better!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Let’s allow poc rp terrormancers to be burst healed by their teammates while in DS sounds like good balance.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Let’s allow poc rp terrormancers to be burst healed by their teammates while in DS sounds like good balance.

Because Mirrored Anguish Mesmers popping Distortion can’t be? What about Elixer S engies? Signet of Stone Rangers? Guardians using Shelter?

Literally no other defense in the game denies allies burst healing. Only Necros have this issue.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

in Profession Balance

NeXeD.3042

Because Mirrored Anguish Mesmers popping Distortion can’t be? What about Elixer S engies? Signet of Stone Rangers? Guardians using Shelter?

Literally no other defense in the game denies allies burst healing. Only Necros have this issue.

The necro can exit deathshroud at any time, can you exit distortion, elixir s, signet of stone, shelter, mist form?

I get the frustration, I just know that allowing necros healing in deathshroud would be OP I’d everything else in game is the same.

I’m not the greatest necro, but holy kitten if you let my teammates burst heal me and include the hot effects anything other than 3v1 against the necro and he’s got a legitimate shot.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The necro can exit deathshroud at any time, can you exit distortion, elixir s, signet of stone, shelter, mist form?

I get the frustration, I just know that allowing necros healing in deathshroud would be OP I’d everything else in game is the same.

I’m not the greatest necro, but holy kitten if you let my teammates burst heal me and include the hot effects anything other than 3v1 against the necro and he’s got a legitimate shot.

How much healing do you think is happening when you’re in DS? I can assure you that it isn’t enough for a necro to tank 3 people.

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

You know, with such changes we would be maybe able to actually take part in a teamfight when standing on a node (like Warriors, Eles etc.) instead of running around like headless chickens chased down by every foe on map.

+It still doesn’t solve the problem that if necro gets focused, he escapes or dies. It only kind of bandaids our over-time sustain in teamfights when we have good allied supporters around.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Why would you want to leave Distortion or Signet of Stone? You have full access to your skills in those (which is better than what necros have, incidentally). Keep in mind that Distortion is actually a Mesmer class mechanic, so it’s available in every build.

Suddenly allowing all healing in Death Shroud may or may not be OP, but I have never advocated for 100% of healing affecting the necro right off the bat. That can be an end goal, not the first step.

No, I’ve advocated for steps and evaluation. First, healing from traits (Parasitic Bond, Parasitic Contagion, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric, Vampiric Master, and Vampiric Rituals) and the Regeneration boon functions normally in death shroud. Then, we have an evaluation period. Then we add in some additional healing that gets allowed and have another evaluation period. Repeat the process until we eventually have full healing in death shroud or we find the point at which the healing does actually become OP.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Profession Balance

NeXeD.3042

We already have people calling necros op, giving them healing (besides us which is a joke) would just be a flat out buff. If they were to give us healing in deathshroud ds would need to be reworked.

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

We already have people calling necros op, giving them healing (besides us which is a joke) would just be a flat out buff. If they were to give us healing in deathshroud ds would need to be reworked.

Can you provide reasons as to why it would be OP, and considering what build is being used and what type of healing they are receiving so we can process your thoughts better.

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

Why would you want to leave Distortion or Signet of Stone? You have full access to your skills in those (which is better than what necros have, incidentally). Keep in mind that Distortion is actually a Mesmer class mechanic, so it’s available in every build.

Suddenly allowing all healing in Death Shroud may or may not be OP, but I have never advocated for 100% of healing affecting the necro right off the bat. That can be an end goal, not the first step.

No, I’ve advocated for steps and evaluation. First, healing from traits (Parasitic Bond, Parasitic Contagion, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric, Vampiric Master, and Vampiric Rituals) and the Regeneration boon functions normally in death shroud. Then, we have an evaluation period. Then we add in some additional healing that gets allowed and have another evaluation period. Repeat the process until we eventually have full healing in death shroud or we find the point at which the healing does actually become OP.

Everything you say is genius, you know exactly how I feel but express it in better terms than me. I won’t quit till we get some answers.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Death Shroud is like Moa except you do it voluntarily, can leave it voluntarily, and are mostly invulnerable while in it, unless forced out.

in Profession Balance

NeXeD.3042

I aplogize in advance for doing this on a phone.

Here’s the thing that I’ve noticed when it comes to my views on balancing vs alot of the others. I look at balance at the highest level even though I’m not on that level. I’ve accepted alot of my shortcomingz in pvp are more l2p issues than class issues. The spec I have been playing most these days is the poc terror spec and one of the things I see people say about someone like Nos when he is on his terrormancer is he pocs into the middle of the fight and dies… ok sure I’ve seen it…. but nowhere near as often some people would like you to believe he usually has an escape like a wurm that he has just in case he gets bombed when he dark paths into the middle of the fray because he needs to to stay in the fight. Give him healing in ds and now? He not only has the regen boon but any healing guards engis eles rangers theives and whoever else can heal a teammate so now necros not so easy to lock down and kill so either teams adapt and focus different classes first or they don’t they continue trying to kill the necro who is now probably living twice as long taking the pressure off of his teammates hell even with the necros own healing he might not really need teammates to peel for him anymore. Any 1v1s that used to be close fights probably won’t be anymore 2v2s focusing the necro probably not a great idea anymore considering g the health pool of the necro. Now you can either take twice as long killing the necro or just let him freecast.

I’ll go more into when I get home but I was all for allowing healing in DS when I was still kind of new to pvp necro until I realized hey we are actually pretty good without healing in ds wow imagine if they allowed it in like a wvw setting? Necros would just be see sawing there healthbars.

@drannor seems to me that’s what they are doing with US they did give us a little healing the consensus was it sucks.

The only healing I truly believe necros should get in ds is vamp healing from traits as necros will still be susceptible to CC.

And my point about canceling distortion signet mist form etc is that you can end DS and get healing if your communicating with your teammates.

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

^ a highly skilled player in a highly organized team should be rewarded with healing, not limited by DS. I think if anything it makes the point for this to be considered, not a reason to shelf it.

I think at very least this should be something that has different balance in the pvp and PVE/WvW realms, if WvW is a big enough concern to stop it from happening.

in Profession Balance

NeXeD.3042

You know what I wouldn’t hate it.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Then learn how to use dulfy, look through dev post here, or even learn to use Google.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” – Harlan Ellison

Already did and couldn’t find it. Please keep your smart comments to yourself, as comments like those usually instigate flaming.

How cute. Others try to inform you of common knowledge, and you blow them off calling them unbelievable. Then when others, such as myself who could find it with google as well as it being on dulfy and the wiki, try to tell you where to find it, you attack them.

It is clear you do not want to know. You prefer to attack those who try to guide you to the information rather then to actually learn the facts………..I guess it is true what they say………about bliss and all that.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

you can get a general idea of how many people who would be against necros healing while in death shroud when the majority of those complaints are coming from people who never picked up the class to play to see for themselves . isn’t ignorance wonderful folks ?

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

Then learn how to use dulfy, look through dev post here, or even learn to use Google.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” – Harlan Ellison

Already did and couldn’t find it. Please keep your smart comments to yourself, as comments like those usually instigate flaming.

How cute. Others try to inform you of common knowledge, and you blow them off calling them unbelievable. Then when others, such as myself who could find it with google as well as it being on dulfy and the wiki, try to tell you where to find it, you attack them.

It is clear you do not want to know. You prefer to attack those who try to guide you to the information rather then to actually learn the facts………..I guess it is true what they say………about bliss and all that.

Attack? Nobody has “tried” anything. If you want to try to inform me of facts then show me the facts. Give me the link, otherwise stop wasting my time, and the people reading this thread.

I’d appreciate it if you would stick to the topic at hand rather than instigating more flaming.

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

you can get a general idea of how many people who would be against necros healing while in death shroud when the majority of those complaints are coming from people who never picked up the class to play to see for themselves . isn’t ignorance wonderful folks ?

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

Here’s the thing that I’ve noticed when it comes to my views on balancing vs alot of the others. I look at balance at the highest level even though I’m not on that level. I’ve accepted alot of my shortcomingz in pvp are more l2p issues than class issues. The spec I have been playing most these days is the poc terror spec and one of the things I see people say about someone like Nos when he is on his terrormancer is he pocs into the middle of the fight and dies… ok sure I’ve seen it…. but nowhere near as often some people would like you to believe he usually has an escape like a wurm that he has just in case he gets bombed when he dark paths into the middle of the fray because he needs to to stay in the fight. Give him healing in ds and now? He not only has the regen boon but any healing guards engis eles rangers theives and whoever else can heal a teammate so now necros not so easy to lock down and kill so either teams adapt and focus different classes first or they don’t they continue trying to kill the necro who is now probably living twice as long taking the pressure off of his teammates hell even with the necros own healing he might not really need teammates to peel for him anymore. Any 1v1s that used to be close fights probably won’t be anymore 2v2s focusing the necro probably not a great idea anymore considering g the health pool of the necro. Now you can either take twice as long killing the necro or just let him freecast.

I’ll go more into when I get home but I was all for allowing healing in DS when I was still kind of new to pvp necro until I realized hey we are actually pretty good without healing in ds wow imagine if they allowed it in like a wvw setting? Necros would just be see sawing there healthbars.

@drannor seems to me that’s what they are doing with US they did give us a little healing the consensus was it sucks.

The only healing I truly believe necros should get in ds is vamp healing from traits as necros will still be susceptible to CC.

And my point about canceling distortion signet mist form etc is that you can end DS and get healing if your communicating with your teammates.

I have to say that I read it and I don’t know what to think… So in tl;dr format, you’re saying that giving Necro the regular healing from teammates would end up with a situation when Necromancer isn’t the obvious focus target every time and can, with support of his team, not die in first seconds of teamfight?

Aren’t those arguments quite…. positive?

Please correct me if I’m wrong or misunderstood you in hurry.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

And put 25 stacks of Vulnerability, so Mesmers and Thieves can show off their skillfull instagib burst even better!

How is that in any way related to regeneration being detrimental to necros in DS? Mesmers and thieves will have burst regardless who they are facing .

in Profession Balance

Jelzouki.4128

I have to say that I read it and I don’t know what to think… So in tl;dr format, you’re saying that giving Necro the regular healing from teammates would end up with a situation when Necromancer isn’t the obvious focus target every time and can, with support of his team, not die in first seconds of teamfight?

Aren’t those arguments quite…. positive?

Please correct me if I’m wrong or misunderstood you in hurry.

That’s what I’m getting. If giving necros the regular healing that will stop them from being the go to target because of what little survivability they have then its a good reason to allow healing. This will actually cause teams to strategize a little more.

I find that the most commonly used heal by necros is consume conditions. For it to be fully effective you have to be in a detrimental state already. And necromancers are kind of like the lord at legacy of the foefire. You save your interrupt for when they are really low HP and stick their hands in the air. I wish I could stealth and heal.

in Profession Balance

NeXeD.3042

I said I wont hate it, but I stand by it probably being op.

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

I said I wont hate it, but I stand by it probably being op.

To be fair, I find it too difficult to judge…

I mean, some players have learned to deal with the shortcomming of getting no regen in DS, but it is still awkward that Necromancers are the only profession who do not when activating their own sustain skill, for which they sacrificed a lot (Vigor, Stability, Blocks, Instant Ports, Reflects)

The only way to find out if it is really OP is by introducing it, and likewise removing it if it has indeed proven to be overpowering… And even so, if it is overpowered, they should shave something to make regeneration work, because it is quite shoddy that it doesn’t for no specific reason at all aside from “fear of making Necromancers’ sustain overpowered”…

in Profession Balance

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Necros healing in DS isn’t something that should be done for balance. It is something that should be done because it doesn’t make sense for one classes profession mechanic to isolate that class from all group healing. Any nerfs that need to happen afterwords to balance the class are fine, but it currently doesn’t make sense that there is no healing in DS.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Profession Balance

GoogleBrandon.5073

Necros healing in DS isn’t something that should be done for balance. It is something that should be done because it doesn’t make sense for one classes profession mechanic to isolate that class from all group healing. Any nerfs that need to happen afterwords to balance the class are fine, but it currently doesn’t make sense that there is no healing in DS.

Yep, that is pretty much my thought only condensed in a smaller package :P

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I imagine Anet don’t want it to reach a point where a Necromancer enters Death Shroud at say 1/3 health and, whilst in death shroud, is healed to full health by local water field blasts and other AoE heals. It would be an enormous buff to Necromancer sustain. Not sure if it’s the sort of thing Necromancer needs in sPvP.

Gandara

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

I imagine Anet don’t want it to reach a point where a Necromancer enters Death Shroud at say 1/3 health and, whilst in death shroud, is healed to full health by local water field blasts and other AoE heals. It would be an enormous buff to Necromancer sustain. Not sure if it’s the sort of thing Necromancer needs in sPvP.

This kinda sounds like how DS is supposed to be used for but then again Arenanet logic.

in Profession Balance

Rym.1469

I imagine Anet don’t want it to reach a point where a Warrior/Mesmer/Guardian/Engineer uses Endure Pain/Distortion/Shelter/Elixir S, Gear Shield at say 1/3 health and, whilst in stance/distortion/heal/shrink, block, is healed to full health by local water field blasts and other AoE heals. It would be an enormous buff to Warrior/Mesmer/Guardian/Engineer sustain. Not sure if it’s the sort of thing Warrior/Mesmer/Guardian/Engineer needs in sPvP.

Oh, wait…

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Gear shield isn’t a form or specific mechanic. it is a Block. Nothing more, nothing less. When you have to disingenuously glorify and misrepresent it to supplement a weak argument, perhaps the argument is too weak to try to support.

Endure pain does not prevent 100% of damage to your main health while active, like DS.

Shelter, is a block that can be bypassed with certain leap skills, and every skill that offers stability………..Really, you are trying to use an entirely different professions heal skill as a comparison for DS? Talk about reaching for it.

Distortions have long cool downs and very very short durations. Nothing like DS

Elixir S locks every single skill out. Do you have access to skills in DS? You do? then how do you compare the two?

Most of this skills have nothing in common with each other, much less DS.

Now personally, I do think any self heals of any kind, absolutely should apply.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

DS doesnt scale when being hit by multiple players. And it doesnt prevent control conditions. Things that skills like shelter and distortion do.

I dont believe its fair to compare DS with any of those skills. DS is simply an extra bit of hp with some skills attached. That can be looked at as a positive or a negative. Depends on the situation. But currently DS kind of hinders what its supposed to do. And considering necro doesnt have blocks or invulns then im of the opinion that all heals should absolutely work through deathshroud. That way, rather than being able to avoid damage, necro can actually fight with attrition through sustain. Like its supposed to to be able to.

Whatever balancing needs to happen to compensate can come after. Thats my opinion of it anyway.

(edited by spoj.9672)