Please try to dodge on Skeletal Lich

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

This might be a new concept for some people but please pay attention to the Lich so you can evade (or block so use Aegis) his summoning attack. All you have to do is watch ground around him and dodge when it turns black. It has huge range so dodge even far away. If you get immobilized that means you failed and need better timing. If you do it correctly then no Skeleton will spawn on you.

Why is this so important then? Skeletons use group Retaliation, Protection and Regeneration. Once there are enough Skeletons they will have permanent Retaliation and you will melt yourself in seconds (use Boon removal!). Also Lich occasionally consumes nearby Skeletons (when he rises slowly) and heals a lot.

His normal ranged attack also heals him so if he is targeting you then try to dodge/block it whenever you can.

Short video showing his attacks: http://youtu.be/NqXRqCMcrCY

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

That’s all well and good to say “dodge,” but it’s a little more difficult when you’re in-game and can’t see the lich or the ground around him from all the bright, whizzing colors from the zerg’s various attacks.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I run into the same issue with pretty much each boss…all I see are 100 players massed everywhere spamming tons of stuff. I never knew about the Candy boss mechanikittenil I looked here on the forums. I never saw it. Same with this one. I can’t see anything but zerg. I can’t even see the skeletons unless I tab through mobs.

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I know the mechanics for all the other ones… and noticed them pretty quickly, but i’ve yet to see the black ground thing you’re talking about, maybe it’s cause i’m a staff ele or a longbow ranger and stand really far away and just throw spells and arrows at him so i don’t see anything up in the blob of melee and spell effects…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Blood and Madness

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Would have been better if the animations for the 2nd and 3rd attacks in the video were swapped. The second animation is much easier to see even when there is a large group and the lich is covered in effects.