Okay so it’s actually another way of playing the game, but you don’t get karma nor exp from it. The fastest way I can explain this is using rules:
1) Don’t spend your money…ever…seriously don’t do it unless you’re making an investment.
2) If you’re flipping for a legendary, don’t spend your money on other skins….ever, nor mats, don’t spend money on mats for it, save your money until you have exactly as much as you need(many like myself Q.Q ‘ed about this on forums and some of my guildies resorted to paying for gems on the last little bit of mats to get theirs).
3) The TP has a tax for posting an Item which is 5% of what youre selling that item/stack of item for, and a tax for that item being sold which is 10% of what you’re selling it for. In total this is a 15% tax so when you sell an item/ a stack of an item, do this: 0.15 x (price you’re selling the item/stack of an item for) – (price you bought the item/stack of item for). This is your profit. It may be small or big depending how many items or stack of items you buy and “re-sell”.
4)Use some websites to help you understand which items to buy and re-sell! Over time, you can analyze the trends that the items you buy and sell have, study some basic economic principles, try to find niches for your markets. I recommend going to www.gw2spidy.com (not my favorite), www.goldwars2.com(my favorite for finding markets), and www.gw2tp.com . You can even use the trading post wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post to try and understand the system.
5) If your item is successful for a few days, don’t assume it will be successful for life and order another 50 stacks from your previous 5. A lot of rookies do this and then quit tp flipping because their items haven’t sold in months. What you want to do is you want to find a new market to invest in, and boom more money.
6) Invest with friends! Yeah, many people who have like 18-19k gold, and look like they robbed the tp usually never flip alone, devise a scheme, trade some gold with each other, be smart about it though.
7)remember that not all your investments will be successful, and that you’ll probably at one point you’ll feel that you’re not making gold, what you want to do is remove your buy orders and check how much gold you’ve made, then take that gold and re-order items, this should help cleanse yourself of those thoughts that you’re not succeeding. But don’t remove your selling orders, you’ll lose money, just pull out a calculator for those. Actually never go to your “Items I’m selling” tab, or in fact don’t even look at it. Whether you like it or not eventually those items you have there WILL sell…unless you have a market with an extremely flat flat flat graph line that extends since like 6 months ago. Also, don’t excessively buy 100 stacks of something, take it easy and vary your items from time to time.
8) The reason people never tell you what kind of items they sell is out of two major reasons: 1) they don’t want you making buy orders on their items and outbid them, and 2) the item they tell you today may be obsolete in like 2 days to 2 weeks, no joke. So don’t bother asking anyone for items. Oh and people who say “I get 300 gold a day” are liars, don’t let them troll you. You’ll be surprised at how gullible people are.
9) Make a spreadsheet to keep track of markets you’re investing in, this one is absolutely important, like 100%, this one takes a crazy amount of creativity, and possibly a lot of time. This will save your life, and can remind you of items you used to tp flip which may be flippable at this moment.
10) Don’t make TP flipping your only method of playing the game, do an occasional dungeon, go WvW, do spvp, explore PvE further!I had this Issue where all I wanted to do was give up on dungeoneering because I got so tired of it; so all I did was WvW and TP flip. Eventually I gave in to going back to PvE and doing dungeon runs again but not in excess since I beat the story and all.
I hope I summed it up; I want to say now that after getting sunrise and 500 armor crafting 2 days ago, I had 0 gold 13 silver, 43 copper. Today 51…. so….yeah it works and you can start with just 0 gold. Furthermore, you might probably think you’re hurting the economy at one point, you’re actually making it better, by removing gold from the game and making items more valuable! So don’t think of yourself as a thief; think of yourself as another person robbing the trading post for it’s own good; like taking a bank down the legal way for making your mortgage rates too high.
(edited by Nusku.3941)