Invest in Passion Flower Yay or Nay

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alex Behemoth.4952

Alex Behemoth.4952

So I seen the passion flowers drop to 6s and I’m wondering if its a good to invest on them or are they destined to become worthless.

So what I’m wondering. How many ways are there to get them? and is there enough demand for them to quantify the investment in the long term. What are they used for?

I already invested about 100g on them just want to know if I should invest the other 200g?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Well I don’t invest much but I don’t see a value for these items with the introduction of the new resource node. You probably should have looked up how to get them as going by once per day per account you can get 4-8 passion flowers from the flowering nodes and a chance with the normal nodes supply can increase quickly.

I don’t think there is a high demand for the armor crafted using them and for infusions either.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

The supply of them by the end of the southsun event was way up due to the blooming nodes being added (a guaranteed drop of the passion flower) and the southsun crates (where passion flowers and karka shells were the undesired reward which of course meant thats mostly what they got).

The southsun crates are either no longer available or soon to be no longer available I would imagine but thanks to the blooming nodes being a guaranteed drop the price will likely never rise back up to what it was.

Also to consider, secret of southsun is now the second southsun event we have had and also the second time a container that drops the passion flowers has been added. How likely is that to happen again because that will for sure keep the value down especially if it happens before players start needing passion flowers for other things.

The sclerite karka shell may not be available to new players who would not be able to complete enough of the achievements and so soon enough the amount of people using the passion flowers for ascending that will go down.

As far as I can tell that leaves jewellery, cheaper to buy than to make, not too impressive statwise and therefore probably ignored if too expensive AND versatile infusions as reasons why people would need the passion flower.

For you to make a profit you’d need to be hoping no other methods of supply come up and more desirable uses for the passion flower are put into the game.

All that in mind and tbh I think you’ve made a big mistake investing as much as you have into them, I definitely would not recommend investing any more

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alex Behemoth.4952

Alex Behemoth.4952

K thanks for the advise.