Let people keep the light armor

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It has been pulled from the gem store and Anet has listened to the community. I give that an A++ For those that bought the new set it has been disclosed that it will be revamped and put back in the gem store. For those that bought it, they will be offered a gem refund if they do not like the new new look. Again, A+ sort of.

I think people that have purchased the original set should be allowed to keep the original look. Why? Many people, like me, spent RWM to buy the gems to get the set and only did so for the set. A gem refund does no good when someone spent RWM for an item that has changed or is no longer what they purchased if the only reason they spent RWM was for the set. Sure there may be something there they want later on but that isn’t the point.

Say I was looking for a new coat and I find one on some online store that offers all sorts of clothing. I buy the coat but then they tell me they no longer carry it and they are giving me store credit to make up for it. I gave them my money for the coat and now all I have is the option to use the money I spent on something else from their store I may not want or need. I wanted a coat not 30 pairs of socks.

Again, great the community was listened to. Great for the offer of gem refunds. However, consider allowing those that purchased the original set to keep it. It will also save a lot of time for customer support having to deal will transmute splitters, refunds etc.

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Leaving it in for people who bought it first and removing it for future players raises another issue entirely, though. It makes it an extremely time-limited “exclusive” item. Not that there aren’t exclusive items in-game already, but making an item that was essentially a 1-day Gem Store purchase into an exclusive item goes a step beyond most of the exclusives in the game right now.

And it still doesn’t solve one of the major issues, because it still lets non-humans have the T3 cultural armor. Just as long as they bought it right away.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I create an Ele only for the set. I dont want anything from gem store other than the armor that i bought already (it’s on the bank).
Let us keep the actual skin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Exclusivity exists all over the game, so making it a one day special armor that isn’t resellable, is an option.. Unfortunately, there are opportunities to upset people with any direction AreanaNET goes. This is the first light armor for the norn that I wanted vs. previous skins that I settled on for lack of a personally desirable choice.

If the rework is better than the existing design, it will potentially be even worse for current t3 owners.

How about a feed upgraded design option for cultural t3 owners?

(edited by Allisa Wonderland.8192)

in Black Lion Trading Co

JustTrogdor.7892

Leaving it in for people who bought it first and removing it for future players raises another issue entirely, though. It makes it an extremely time-limited “exclusive” item. Not that there aren’t exclusive items in-game already, but making an item that was essentially a 1-day Gem Store purchase into an exclusive item goes a step beyond most of the exclusives in the game right now.

And it still doesn’t solve one of the major issues, because it still lets non-humans have the T3 cultural armor. Just as long as they bought it right away.

Well I agree it is a hot mess but IMO they would be best off letting people that have it already keep it and putting the new one on the gem store. It will be a support nightmare dealing with all this. Best to make a clean break and just put the new set up when ready.

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

FLiP.7680

If the reason to rework the skin is the price, ok, i can pay 110g + 6 transmutation stones, but i want the T3 human with fire effects. I wouldn’t even start playing as elementalist if i had not seen the armor in gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Well hopefully you’ll be able to be refunded RWM and be made whole. That would be the best solution I think. No harm, no foul sort of scenario. Other then being teased with the half priced T3 mesh that is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

FLiP.7680

At least they could keep the skin for human characters who already bought it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tomoyo.3482

Tomoyo.3482

Would be nice if they let the people that already had human t3 armor keep the skin. I loved it since it was very unique even if it was a slight reskin.

in Black Lion Trading Co

JustTrogdor.7892

Would be nice if they let the people that already had human t3 armor keep the skin. I loved it since it was very unique even if it was a slight reskin.

As they should because some people spent RWM just to buy the gems to get that set. They would not have spent the RWM otherwise. A gem refund is nice but if I spend money to buy green shirt only to get a blue one and then I’m told I can get a refund to buy other stuff I may not want I will not be happy. I’ll want my money back.

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

Well hopefully you’ll be able to be refunded RWM and be made whole. That would be the best solution I think. No harm, no foul sort of scenario. Other then being teased with the half priced T3 mesh that is.

They don’t refund RWM, though, only gems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Keeping the skin for those who purchased it already would make a super-exclusive-extra-shiny-mega-limited-ultra-rare discontinued version of the most popular light cultural armor and suddenly make some accounts worth $1000s if sold illegally.

That’s more damaging than actually keeping the armor available.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t really think that’s even possible.

Gem Cards are certainly out. I doubt its possible to put gems back onto a Gem Card at all, and even if you could I’m almost certain a store wouldn’t allow you to return it, especially once the redemption box has been scratched off.

Credit cards could maybe reverse the charges to the card, but I suspect there may be a time limit on that (mind you, I don’t really know for sure as I don’t often use a CC) which may be up by the time they add the new skin and offer the chance of a refund.

I guess they could send out checks or something, but that doesn’t seem particularly likely. Especially since I’m sure there’s some disclaimer somewhere that says you aren’t entitled to have gems refunded once purchased. So any refund beyond just giving you the gems you originally spent on the item (regardless of whether the gems were bought via real money) isn’t legally required and would just be an extra gesture on Anet’s part. Something I doubt most big companies would do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

No – No – No. Sorry you pd RWM for the skins but the answer should still be NO you do not get to keep it. Sorry. Maybe you can hound ANet into giving you something special but that is between you and them. That would even make the armor MORE special for half the price etc etc. ANet will come up with something if they feel like it but more importantly maybe they will think before they try taking the lazy path again. Or not, who knows.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Flissy.4093

I feel it necessary to note people paid RWM for gems, not the skin, so there is absolutely no entitlement to get those gems converted back into RWM.

Light Up the Darkness

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I actually own this skin and I’m happy I don’t get to keep it as is. That would be a horrible decision.

in Black Lion Trading Co

JustTrogdor.7892

I actually own this skin and I’m happy I don’t get to keep it as is. That would be a horrible decision.

Why did you buy it to start with? You know there is a preview option…

The Burninator

in Black Lion Trading Co

Flissy.4093

Why did you buy it to start with? You know there is a preview option…

He likes the skin, but is aware of the consequences of having super-exclusive-extra-shiny-mega-limited-ultra-rare discontinued versions of things.

Super-exclusive-extra-shiny-mega-limited-ultra-rare discontinued items are bad enough as it is, but when it’s just an edit of something, it’s even more ridiculous and crippling to a game.

Light Up the Darkness

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They don’t refund RWM, though, only gems.

Which is why the real best solution is what the OP suggested. If there’s an issue with the original flame kissed being bought and able to be sold then make them all account bound.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Moose.2356

Moose.2356

people today want it their own way. NO!! if you complain it takes away exclusiveness then humans should not be allowed to keep it if others cannot i bought specifically because its what i wanted for my norn ele and if they had released norn t3 heavy how many ppl would buy it? and imo if they are going to reskin onto another armor already in the game a refund will be my option but if they redesign it to a new skin altogether then they should also redesign the medium and heavy to new skins and not screw over those players

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arrelaine.5692

Arrelaine.5692

They’re not going to make a brand new skin for it. They’re going to take another skin, rehash it and add fire. It’s just not going to be T3 anymore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

Its not a bad thing if it becomes an “exclusive item” because it cant be sold anyway so if ppl see it and want it, well they should have bought it when it came out

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

I like the current look and MY TOON IS A FRIGGIN HUMAN. Get me keep the kitten thing as it is.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

As the Sorrow’s Embrace dredge says “no no no no no”

It really defeats the whole point of the decision to remove them

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.