black lion salvage kit cost

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ricohman.7302

ricohman.7302

Hey guys I just gotta say I’m disapointed with the cost of this item. Gold to gems it costs 35 gold, seriously anet come on.

I only use them for salvaging dungeon token rares and exotics for ectos etc. Salvage 25 rares and say you got 25 ectos and sold for 12 – 14 gold. Maybe u get lucky with a superior sigil of bloodlust etc you will still be down at least 15 gold.

Anyone else kittened off with this.
I know u get them sometimes through story/map completion cant remember which but even so why so expensive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

never use them on rares, only on exotics so that you can sell the insignia/medallion you get from salvaging it, sometimes for each salvage you can get 3.5g our on top of the ectos

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Gem Store items aren’t priced based on their “gold cost”. The BLSK has always been 300 gems for 25 charges.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Black Lion Salvage kits aren’t worth buying ever since Gems have become so expensive in my opinion. The ones I get for drops I also only use for Exotics with a Sigil/Rune worth equally or more than the Exotic itself. For the ~0.2 more Ecto you get on average it’s not worth it, nor any of the rare sigils/runes.

I get them very rarely but it gets me through my ecto/dark matter needs.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

I can’t imagine they sell many of these at all considering the ridiculous cost and the fact people can get them free with daily rewards anyway.

If they wanted to sell more I’m sure they would review the price or put on “special offer” to see the market response.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

never use them on rares, only on exotics so that you can sell the insignia/medallion you get from salvaging it, sometimes for each salvage you can get 3.5g our on top of the ectos

you shouldn’t even use them on most exotics. only some exotics. a good guide would be only exotics worth 3g-12g. below that and you should use Master Salvage Kit. above that, and you should sell it on the TP instead. there are some within that range that should use MSK or be sold instead of salvaged, but you can do more research for individual items if you want to get picky.

I would be fine with reducing BLSK costs. but their current price isn’t really a problem for me. I still buy them by the dozens. I usually wait for a sale on them, then buy 2 full bank tabs :P But I’m almost out (since dec)… I should of bought 3 or even 4, but I ran out of friends to exchange presents with.
Don’t see it as the best of something you must use. you should pick and choose what you use them for. Like copper ore – you wouldn’t exactly want to use an ori mining pick on it. It’s just something that’s there for you to use if you find that using it would be the most beneficial.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I get them for free in game all the time. Never needed to buy them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve got 10 spare BLSK’s in my storage purely from Dailies. XD I only ever use them on Exotics, which are themselves such a rare drop that I go through my BLSK’s very, very slowly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i never buy BLSK. not worth it. i only use the ones that i got from dailies (random reward), and even then only on exotics.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK