20 slot bag = 6 gold

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Is there really a reason anymore to craft 20 slot bags since you can just get the 20 slot Halloween pail for 6 gold (3 candy corn cobs at 2g each currently).

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

is it still obtainable now that halloween ended?
that would be a good reason to craft 20-slot bags.
also, cobs will not stay at 2g each for long. they hit 2g95s buy orders today, currently at 2g21s

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

The better question to ask is…are the extra 2 slots worth 2 gold each? Nope… 18 slots + many guild banks is still a better option in my eyes.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

The better question to ask is…are the extra 2 slots worth 2 gold each? Nope… 18 slots + many guild banks is still a better option in my eyes.

what a wonderful question! I just answered a similar one:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Useful-Info-Cost-of-Storage/first#post4538301

I think it would fit into this section:
bag expansion with a 15-slot bag = 4g20s/space ((4 × 15g50s + 1g) / 15)
bag expansion with a 18-slot bag = 3g58s/space ((4 × 15g50s + 2g50s) / 18)
bag expansion with a 20-slot bag = 3g68s/space ((4 × 15g50s + 11g50s) / 20)
bag expansion with a 20-slot cheap bag = 3g40s/space ((4 × 15g50s + 6g) / 20)

It’s definitely the cheapest per-space option. now how about just the bag:

15-slot bag = 6s67c/space (1g / 15)
18-slot bag = 13s89c/space (2g50s / 18)
20-slot bag = 57s50c/space (11g50s / 20)
20-slot cheap bag = 30s/space (6g / 20)

you can draw conclusions

(edited by Mystic.5934)

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

price probably going up. I suppose the whole point of this post is because the OP bought a bunch?

Just guessing.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

From a purely financial standpoint, no, it’s not worth crafting the standard bags when you can just get Halloween Pails and Fractals Equipment boxes. You will, however, probably want at least one Invisible bag to store your equipment in.

From the standpoint of a veteran player who likes having all those different bag icons + different bags for different purposes? Sure, it’s worth it.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Everyone is buying Halloween 20-slot bags and I’m just sitting here trying to figure out how many dozens of free 20-slot fractal boxes I have…

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

There is the 20 slot Bandit Coin Purse from the new collection also.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Don’t forget you can also get a 20 slot bag for free on the halloween PvP track…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Don’t forget you can also get a 20 slot bag for free on the halloween PvP track…

The track is also gone, with the halloween event finished.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Or you couls go into fractals and buy one for 150 tokens. Easy enough to get after a handful of runs. All my chars are fitted out with fractal boxes.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Yeah, like others have said, it is (or was – haven’t checked the price recently) a good deal if you’re not a fractal runner, but it’s likely not to last as the supply of corn/cobs slows to the speed of molasses.

Or words to that effect.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

Could have farmed them like I did. 7 toons 3-5 bags each plus extra incase I ever want more bag slots. Sure you could have sold all that candy corn for 20-30c a piece and made money, or you can choose to think like me and say they free!

Plus some players like myself already had 20 slots on a number of toons, so swapping them for candy corn bags actually net you 6-8g

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Or you couls go into fractals and buy one for 150 tokens. Easy enough to get after a handful of runs. All my chars are fitted out with fractal boxes.

I find that only the rare fractal bag to be useful to me. I do not like the lower rarity ones because they sort items into them when i prefer my inventory to fill from the top to the bottom, except for rare items which I get often enough and want them to stand out because I salvage them with a different kit.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

I find that only the rare fractal bag to be useful to me. I do not like the lower rarity ones because they sort items into them when i prefer my inventory to fill from the top to the bottom, except for rare items which I get often enough and want them to stand out because I salvage them with a different kit.

you might be pleasantly surprised. I have it arranged like this:
starter
normal 20-slot bag
fractal master
fractal master
fractal rare
fractal exotic
when my bags get full, I use CFSoM to salvage everything in the top 4 bags. They could be normal bags, but fractal bags are cheaper than normal bags. also, it is a bit more convenient to know that I just salvage every single thing in bags 3 and 4, whereas I have to check what I’m salvaging in bags 1 and 2 (don’t try to salvage crafting materials, for example, otherwise it will take longer to clean up the bags)
the rare and exotic bags keep the good stuff away from the salvaging spree I go on.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Yep. I have it set up much like Mystic. Exotic at the bottom where I keep my spare armour pieces and weapons. I keep my salvage kit up near the top and salvage from top to bottom.

20 slot bag = 6 gold

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have mine setup in the opposite direction! It’s:

Starter Backpack
Fractal Exotic
Fractal Rare
Fractal Masterwork
Equipment Bag
Craftsman’s Bag
Oiled Bag
Invisible Bag

I keep all my gear stored in the Invisible Bag. Due to the way the sorting system works, I organised the bags in that order so that Exotics/Rares/Masterworks fill their appropriate bags first, while Blues and Whites go into the Equipment bag (overflows end up in my Starter bag).