500 Badges of honor!?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

This, seriously.

Don’t pretend that other requirements like all that gold, lodestones, and materials you need is a walk in the park.

500 badges is easy to come by in overtime. Learn to enjoy World vs. World. There are tons of people that are intimidated by the concept and feel overwhelmed by the large maps but TRUST ME, once you learn it, you’ll enjoy it. Then 500 badges will feel like NOTHING compared to the other absurd legendary requirements.

+1 This. Till yesterday, I haven’t made a single kill in WvW since I didnt want to pvp (so never made Monthly) but I decided to start grabbing badges while I 100% WvW maps. IT was an AWESOME experience. I am sadden I never went sooner. So far the BoH drops were decent, 35/50 kills and I’ve gotten 20. One thing I gotta learn is that Drops land at your feet, gotta take muscle memory out of walking to drops (I’m range).

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

35 kills and you got 20 badges? You are doing way better than most. I seem to average about one badge drop for every 8-9 kills.

The jumping puzzles are a far more reliable way to get the badges. The three borderland jumping puzzles alone can net you an average of 13-14 a day.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Legendaries have been described as being the result of mastering every part of the game. Atleast that is the idea the devs had for it. And that involves WvW.

In practise its very uneven balance. Apparently sPvP does not count as “mastering the game”. And “mastering the game” seems to mean “get a ton of gold”, which is certainly not WvW.

So to be honest a legendary means, you camped a jumping puzzle without contributing kitten to your server. Run the same dungeon a few times. And learn to work the TP.

But yah 500 badges of honor are hardly a big deal. And i think most people who work on their legendary will find something that they dislike about it. I thought most of it was a pain in the kitten The stacks of ectos and T6 mats, the RNG on those kittened clovers, CoE explorable shudder.

The most enjoyable part was the badges since i mostly do WvW anyway, that was a piece of cake. And i guess world completion was actually quite nice aswell, not so much all the heart events but seeing the beauty of the world through vista’s and such.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I wish more of it was like the 500 badges of honor and not how many items can I successfully flip on the TP.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

what bothers me is not the JP, but running all the way up the map to GET to the JP (on borderlands which are not your server home base) only to be killed/zerged and start all over again..

I don’d mind being killed, but is it really fun running.. and running.. and yep, more running.. and running.. doing nothing but running.. reach near it, and possibly die again before you get to the JP..

granted, your home base JP on BL, and EB are easy to get to, but you understand my point for the other BL maps.

also, I don’t see why they don’t allow an alternate means of getting badges for those who don’t like pvp, much like every other item you have many ways of getting it. (farming money, buying, using various token types from different gameplay types etc.)

AND if the badges are supposed to be from pvp, why can’t you get them from SPVP? I actually enjoy spvp, wvw is so boring just running around for ages before combat each time. (even following a commander)

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

what bothers me is not the JP, but running all the way up the map to GET to the JP (on borderlands which are not your server home base) only to be killed/zerged and start all over again..

I don’d mind being killed, but is it really fun running.. and running.. and yep, more running.. and running.. doing nothing but running.. reach near it, and possibly die again before you get to the JP..

granted, your home base JP on BL, and EB are easy to get to, but you understand my point for the other BL maps.

also, I don’t see why they don’t allow an alternate means of getting badges for those who don’t like pvp, much like every other item you have many ways of getting it. (farming money, buying, using various token types from different gameplay types etc.)

AND if the badges are supposed to be from pvp, why can’t you get them from SPVP? I actually enjoy spvp, wvw is so boring just running around for ages before combat each time. (even following a commander)

The same reason people who don’t like PvE has to do dungeons to get the tokens for the gift. Then there is the map completion for all those PvE maps, only 3 WvW maps. sPvP has nothing to do with legendaries. You can’t use it there, you can’t show it off.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

first off my gess is this is necroed from far back on the forum.

second into the time where wvw requers the same amount of time and dedication to make a legendary please dont complain about the wvw part as for all the stuff you have to do the wvw’er has to do over 10 times more he dont want to but hes not complaining

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I play WvW a few hours a night a few days a week, and in less than two months I have two Gift of Battles, and 1000 Badges of Honor. I suck at PvP, and if I can do this, anyone can. I have only done the JPs a few times.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: razn.7160

razn.7160

Badges of Honor are one of the simple part of crafting a legendary alongside doing completion ! You do all 4 puzzles everyday for around 20-25 badges a day…

I mean really? Complaining on forum for that is useless, you’re going for a Legendary or you don’t .

Legendaries aren’t all fun man. To get it you must endure stuff. People like you ruin games by making them easy.

And yes you will have to participate in ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME. Legendaries are weapons for people having MASTERED the game. Not tourists.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nisaro.6438

Nisaro.6438

Really ? i can say i dont like dungeons yet i require 500 tokens ! " how dumb is that ? " it’s not. it’s a legendary, it shows how you are able to touch every aspect of the game ( pvp not included because the gear is separate ) .
I used tp played only a couple hours a day in wvw and yeah i didnt get a lot of badges ( yet when i started my legendary quest i already had over 100 ). Then i actually stayed in wvw for a whole day : turns out i made almost 100 badges that same day ( more like 90-sth ). I only had to do a few jumping puzzles here and there and play a few hours a week in wvw to get my badges. It is really, really not an issue.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Vashoom.8512

that’s fine if you can acquire them easily through ACTUAL PVP I enjoy pvp, if that’s the case I will try doing more wvw and focus on other easier to obtain things afterwards.
(example, dungeon tokens, 3 paths, each one gives 60 tokens per day = 180 tokens.. hardly as long and arduous as pvp, under 3 days you are done)

but forcing people to do daily pvp jumping puzzles (or attempting to reach them without dying several times and restarting the whole trip) is not at all fun or anything related to pvp, hence my statement about spvp. (spvp is real pvp imo, but since the gear system is different, i understand why they made this decision)

I don’t think people are complaining about doing pvp, but the fact that it is far quicker to obtain the equivalent pve items than it is pvp (precursor excluded), so it’s not exactly fair to all types of players, at least that’s how I see it and understand it.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Holy kitten you’re saying if I spend 2 days in Pve I can get everything I need for my legendary except the precursor??? Jesus please tell me how PLEASE NOW

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Korsbaek.9803

Holy kitten you’re saying if I spend 2 days in Pve I can get everything I need for my legendary except the precursor??? Jesus please tell me how PLEASE NOW

2 days for 500 badges please say your mostly hitting in off hours or is not following the zergs all the time given that you can get 100+ badges for 1,5-2,5 hours play and i will proberly say 1 day will be enough given the right oppennets
i would like to know to on getting all that done in 2 days

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Having a legendary means that you have participated in every aspect of the game, pvp included.

No…no it does not at all. Badges do not even mean you have pvp’d since then are mainly farmed via the jp’s. A person can load gw2 and within 1 minute have a legendary if that doesn’t discount the “participation factor” idk what else would.

Yesterday I played WvW for 30 minutes, got 12 Badges… I don’t see a problem.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

i dont like PvE but ive had to do a ton of it for my legendary so far >.>

-a wvw player who was lucky in the MF

( just 600k+ karma to go for it)

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Please folks, don’t kid yourselves. Badge acquisition in WvW is a LOT slower than for PvE Dungeon Badges… period.

You can quote “well this one time I got 100 badges in 30 minutes…” crap all you want, it’s not a normal occurence, and it is NOT a sustainable rate.

If you like WvW, the badges are no big deal, because you are having fun. If you hate WvW I can see where the badges would be a pill.

I’m not a big dungeon fan, so getting my dungeon badges will be a pill for me — even though I can get 180 a day (if I remember my numbers correctly) just by doing the three paths.

Anyway, don’t belittle the OP, his concerns are valid. On the flip side, ANet can’t pass out badges with a RNG scheme in a way that favors both casual and hard core WvW players.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Vashoom.8512

maybe anet could introduce a daily WVW achievement which awards a fair amount of badges, so the pve players can do their “daily grind” (like the pvp players have to do for the dungeons) without having to worry about being good enough at pvp to kill players AND be lucky enough to get badges drop, just a thought.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I just wish I could get all my money needed for my precursor in less than 100x the amount of time it takes to get 500 badges. gee would that be nice.. a WvW player getting his legendary by only sometimes going to Pve like Pve players sometimes go to WvW.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Korsbaek.9803

Please folks, don’t kid yourselves. Badge acquisition in WvW is a LOT slower than for PvE Dungeon Badges… period.

You can quote “well this one time I got 100 badges in 30 minutes…” crap all you want, it’s not a normal occurence, and it is NOT a sustainable rate.

If you like WvW, the badges are no big deal, because you are having fun. If you hate WvW I can see where the badges would be a pill.

I’m not a big dungeon fan, so getting my dungeon badges will be a pill for me — even though I can get 180 a day (if I remember my numbers correctly) just by doing the three paths.

Anyway, don’t belittle the OP, his concerns are valid. On the flip side, ANet can’t pass out badges with a RNG scheme in a way that favors both casual and hard core WvW players.

the 100 badges per 30 min is sustanible in some chases but in otheres its not yes as you are now faceing the hardest thing you can ever face in a game. a real live player.

getting 500 tokens to a dungoen compared to a 500 boh sure the boh have a higher degree of fast thinking then the tokens as any dungoens just takes a hell of a lot to memories then just walk trought it with no problems after that.

so if you take the best pve players vs the best big groupe/zerg wvw player and sees who gets most badges vs tokens a day given the same amount of time, then see who gets most(my gess would still be the wvw player) unless its going to be CoF p1 the dungoen player is going for but unless hes going for dagger or torch then that is not valid.

Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

If your server has good commanders it is much faster to get the badges through combat.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: microdark.7013

microdark.7013

Now its easy compared to 1 or 2 months ago. You kill a champion in towers, you gain badges, you kill a veteran in camps, you get badges and that’s only the beginning. Rate drops from players kills have increased and with the new level up system for WvW you gain badges each time you level up. I had around 260 before they implemented this changes and it took a lot of time, but i was doing it for fun. Now i started doing it for the legendary and in 4 days got the rest. 50 badges per day around 4h of game play, 1 of the days got more because in EB the enemy zerg decided to invade my servers castle and it was an enemy killing feast XD.
See, its easy, just find a group to play and you can have fun doing it.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

If your server has good commanders it is much faster to get the badges through combat.

yes. WvW is so good now.

only thing it needs is a chance to get rares. perhaps even precursors for killing their Commanders?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Pve is boring as hell, I hate it…yet I would have to do it if I wanted legendary…good I don’t…on the other hand I have obtained over 3k badges in my wvw play time…the irony…

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Badges are incredibly easy to farm. Here’s the secret.

1) It’s WvW. You’re going to die a lot. That’s ok. It isn’t that expensive.

2) You don’t have to be good at PvP to be good at WvW.

3) You spent loads of cash on ectos and a precursor. Now spend just a tiny bit more….

Craft Superior Arrowcarts and Superior Ballistas! Lots of them! And always have a couple of rams and catapults in your inventory as well.

It isn’t hard to learn how to place these so they won’t be instantly obliterated by AoE. It’s only slightly complex to learn when to drop siege and when to save it.
You will lose a lot of siege just because your team lost, and that’s fine. If you won all the time then it wouldn’t be competitive. Don’t sweat it.
You will also get into amazing pitched battles where you manning siege will be the difference between losing a keep/supply camp and driving your enemies away.
And you will rake in the badges doing this and be done with WvW in a month (with fairly casual play). Who knows? You might even have fun!

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

the 100 badges per 30 min is sustanible in some chases ….

If there is a case needed to get 100 badges in 30 minutes, it’s not sustainable.

But I don’t think 500 badges is out of the question for someone who is completely uninterested in PVP. At least you know how much you have to farm JP’s to get them, unlike T6 mats, clovers or precursor.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

the 100 badges per 30 min is sustanible in some chases ….

If there is a case needed to get 100 badges in 30 minutes, it’s not sustainable.

But I don’t think 500 badges is out of the question for someone who is completely uninterested in PVP. At least you know how much you have to farm JP’s to get them, unlike T6 mats, clovers or precursor.

Also note that you can start WvW at level 2. The JPs give fewer badges at that level, but you can do them.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Is this possible to do this to get badges? Make a character, explore your own borderland and get 10. Delete and repeat.

Maybe for those who don’t want to fight, can they do this?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Is this possible to do this to get badges? Make a character, explore your own borderland and get 10. Delete and repeat.

Sure, if your server happens to own all the points needed.

I didn’t recycle characters, but I did pay attention to when we owned parts of the maps and made sure all my characters completed the WvW maps. Not only did I get the boost in Badges (once they added that) but they’ve got a large PitA part of map completing out of the way.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I never get these threads at all.

Legendary weapons are an option. A skin, nothing more, and a set of meh stats. You aren’t forced to do any of it because nothing a Legendary weapon offers makes you better at anything.

My 10 gold exotic does just as much damage as your 1500 gold Sunrise. Big whoop.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I tried this and its not really cost-effective. It’s really time consuming and you’re better off just making your normal alts and taking them to the BLs one at a time, one day at a time. JPs really are the best way to get the badges. But you can also get a few by leveling up your wxp. You get 5 per level and from 1-5 you only need 2000 wxp to level up so that should be a quick 20 badges.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

OMG people. If you want your legendary you MUST get Gift of Exploration also and I cannot fathom how you could do that without doing at least a BIT of WvW. I mean some PoIs, Vistas and WPs are not that easily reachable without fighting. I remember that I got at least 300 badges just trying to clear all WvW maps and I was not the fan of WvW at the time. Now I can’t live without it.

Besides getting 100-200 badges is like 1-2 hours of following zerg and spamming AoEs/F key. Getting 100 charged lodes or precursor is hard, not getting badges.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Legendary weapons are already PvE slanted enough as it is. Look at it from the OTHER POV… some people don’t like PvE. They have to do SO much PvE in order to get a legendary. 500 Badges is nothing compared to the amount of PvE you need to do for it, You can get that 500 on a few reset nights with a zerg on a good server.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Come on GW2 team this is dumb.. some players do not like WvW or PvP.. yet for us to get our legendary you require us to do this, WvW is flat out boring and the drop rate of a badge is dumb. I kill numerous people and seems like I get a badge 1 out of every 7 players vanished. At least let us earn badges in real PvP or something instead of Zerg WvW or please consider in the future an alternative to the badges.

guess what this means! time to stop being a carebear and go to wvw.
seriously, how can you be a pve-only player in a game called Guild Wars 2

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

You pretty much have to use the jumping puzzles, the drop rate on badges is as bad as the drop rate for everything else in the game.

I killed 35 people and got 3 badges out of it a couple days ago, that’s unacceptable.

hadn’t wvwvw in a while but I got 4 badges from 3 people….
You are probably the kinda guy that goes to las vegas and expects to win money instead of losing it right?

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Arduin.3029

Arduin.3029

You pretty much have to use the jumping puzzles, the drop rate on badges is as bad as the drop rate for everything else in the game.

I killed 35 people and got 3 badges out of it a couple days ago, that’s unacceptable.

hadn’t wvwvw in a while but I got 4 badges from 3 people….
You are probably the kinda guy that goes to las vegas and expects to win money instead of losing it right?

Protip: look at the date of the post you are replying to before becoming judgemental. You would’ve noticed an update was implemented between the time of both posts:

Hey all,

We made some very intentional changes to the way we calculate loot. One of the effects of this change is that there is more loot dropping in WvW. Yay! Increasing the loot in WvW was one of our goals and we’re glad that it’s making some of you happy. Also, just to be sure that we were comfortable with the impact it had on loot in WvW we had our economist do some analysis of the drop rates in WvW after this patch. After looking at his results we’re still comfortable with the changes. On a personal note, I was very happy to get a much better badge drop rate when I played yesterday

Tl;dr: it’s not a bug, enjoy the loot!

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

Wow, all this crying. What part of Gift of Mastery, as in you have mastered every aspect of the game, did you not get? And it doesn’t even require you to master anything, only understand, since the materials for this gift are extremely easy.

And it’s not even hard. I played reset last night, and I started with 4 badges. By the time I logged off I had over 160.That’s one long session, but no longer than running several dungeons.

Now, I dislike dungeon, but I need 500 tokens from one to get my gift of whatever. So what then? Should I cry here, and ask the developers to lower the number of tokens required too?

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

Now, I dislike dungeon, but I need 500 tokens from one to get my gift of whatever. So what then? Should I cry here, and ask the developers to lower the number of tokens required too?

I don’t like this comparison made many times for a rather simple reason – unlike badges, tokens are a given thing upon completion of any path of given dungeon. 60 tokens, bam. More often than not you get 3 or so from the other bosses too.
So in unlucky scenario, you’ll need to run something to finish 10 times. It’s set in stone, you know you will get the tokens.
Badges are more random. You are not sure how many you can get in an evening, because it depends on who you’re fighting, with whom, what numbers, what objectives (havoc and small teams generally generate smaller number of badges, yet I prefer them much more, so it took me a month to get the 500 – while it took me 4 days to get the tokens in CM. And I dislike dungeoning from WoW as a lifetime healer and tank).

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

^^ Um, it has already been explained that JP’s in WvW maps give at least 3 to 6 badges each and therefore, they aren’t random if you wish to farm them that way. Therefore, the comparison is very relevant. You might even argue that even if you dislike WvW, doing a JP is much easier than running a dungeon to farm tokens for a Legendary.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: eveleaf.4132

eveleaf.4132

Come on GW2 team this is dumb.. some players do not like WvW or PvP.. yet for us to get our legendary you require us to do this, WvW is flat out boring and the drop rate of a badge is dumb. I kill numerous people and seems like I get a badge 1 out of every 7 players vanished. At least let us earn badges in real PvP or something instead of Zerg WvW or please consider in the future an alternative to the badges.

No matter who you are, if you are crafting a legendary, there will be some aspect (or many aspects) of the process you don’t personally find fun. One person may find dungeon running nearly impossible with a busy schedule, another person may hate WvW, and someone else completely hampered by an inability to make gold.

This is fair. When I see someone running around with a legendary, I respect that achievement because I know they played the kitten out of every aspect of the game – including the aspects I (or they) find annoying or tedious.

Just remember while you’re running around in a giant zerg in EBI, gritting your teeth the whole time, that there are other steps for the legendary you personally enjoyed or found a breeze, that other people found very difficult. It all evens out in the end.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I just got my 1000th badge tonight. The first 500 were mostly rushed for my legendary but after I finished that project I started just enjoying my time doing wvw for fun and really started enjoying it. I’m debating if I should just buy another gift of battle or spend some on other stuff.

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

When I see someone running around with a legendary, I respect that achievement because I know they played the kitten out of every aspect of the game – including the aspects I (or they) find annoying or tedious.

Actually when I see someone running around with a legendary, I usually think gem-store. I honestly feel most players toting a legendary are doing so with financial assistance from trading gems for gold.

You can “buy” your way through nearly all of the grind except for exploration and badges (and those are the only “play-the-game” aspects of the Legendary anwyay). Hell, you can even flat-out buy the legendary off the TP.

Most players in our guild that have a legendary have done so with cash-shop assistance or with player assistance.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

When I see someone running around with a legendary, I respect that achievement because I know they played the kitten out of every aspect of the game – including the aspects I (or they) find annoying or tedious.

Actually when I see someone running around with a legendary, I usually think gem-store. I honestly feel most players toting a legendary are doing so with financial assistance from trading gems for gold.

You can “buy” your way through nearly all of the grind except for exploration and badges (and those are the only “play-the-game” aspects of the Legendary anwyay). Hell, you can even flat-out buy the legendary off the TP.

Most players in our guild that have a legendary have done so with cash-shop assistance or with player assistance.

That’s excessively cynical, imo. Do people do that? I’m sure they do. But I think it’s unfair to assume that most people do. I have 3 legendary weapons. I’ve never asked for or wanted help from guildmates or other players, I don’t flip on the TP, and I’m too broke to buy gems just to convert them to gold. I’ve been playing the game since launch and it has taken me that long to do all 3. I just play the game. Most of the players in my guild finished theirs by themselves as well. Again, I know some people make credit card legendary weapons, or by getting a lot of assistance from other players, but not all.

Getting back on topic…

About badges- it can feel grindy, but no more so than other parts of making a legendary, and it is certainly not the worst part. I used to hate WvW (not anymore), so I sympathize with those who don’t enjoy it, but just remember that there are players who hate PvE, and they have to spend more time doing that to finish their weapons than you have to spend in WvW.

I play WvW a few times a week. If I’m zerging through EB I usually average about 100 badges every 3-4 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It’s possible to get 100 badges in under an hour, but as someone else pointed out, that’s not sustainable nor is it a realistic expectation. The other thing that’s important to remember about doing WvW is it’s also a really good way to get karma. When moving with a zerg you’ll constantly be flipping control points, camps, and towers, (and sometimes a keep or even SMC) all of which give you karma. If you find a guild karma banner and/or have other karma boosts, it can really add up and help you with getting your obsidian shards.

If you hate WvW, just run the JPs. The easiest jp to do is the one in your home borderland, since you start relatively close to the puzzle entrance and its more likely you’ll have a stronger presence of allied players there than in the borderlands of the other servers. We all have a minimum of 5 character slots. USE THEM. The Mistwrought Chest from the Borderlands jps gives you 3-6 badges every time you open it. Each character can open it once every 24 hours. That’s 15-30 badges per day if you ONLY do the puzzle in your borderlands. If each character runs all 3 BL jps, that’s a minimum of 45 badges a day, and you’ll probably average closer to 60-65. If you have purchased additional character slots, all these numbers go up even higher. Then there is the Obsidian Sanctum jp in the Eternal Battlegrounds. This puzzle is now account bound, (used to be soul bound) so you can only run it once every 24 hours total, not once per character. That chest is another 10-20 badges every time you open it.

tl;dr

Don’t wait to work on badges. Do them concurrently while working on other parts of your legendary. Using only the jps, badges should be done in 3 weeks with the least amount of effort, and less than a week if you really try.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

500 Badges of honor!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

You guys do realise that the OP posted this 5 months+ ago? Back then getting BOH did require a significant investment of time in wvw. In fact you were lucky if you got any loot from wvw back then. BOH drops are much better now.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC