Good luck with Ascended Sinister gear

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The inscription/insignia recipes can be had from a vendor in Silverwaste. Normally you can buy Ascended armor/weapon recipes from your crafting master.

The recipes books for each piece of Sinister armor/weapon is a very rare drop from bandit boxes, also in Silverwaste. Just to remind everyone, those were nerfed hard. Anet obviously forgot that we bought this game because “Anet doesn’t make grindy games”.

This situation is just making me sick, but I’m sure John Smith will happily tell us all, “because, reasons”. Then he’ll make reference to some bit of esoteric economic theory in hopes that 99.9% of us wont know what the hell he’s talking about.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I’m not an eliteist or a dungeon speed runner or wvw maniac but I play a lot and like making cool gear for something to do. I famed gold and crafted my mats and had everything needed for my fresh set of Keeper’s gear. Bought 6 recipes from the laurel vendor started to craft and that’s when I found out about limited addition recipes. I thought the recipe sheets were a reward for people who play events to save some laurels. Must be some kind or gold sink idea. The rich will buy them up, no one will waste 100 gold for a recipe and do what I did; Craft berzerkers and move on.

in Crafting

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

Btw I’m not really annoyed or kittened of at anet or anything. I am curious about the reason for this though? Has anyone answered why? The site search function is frustratingly inept. I do plan on farming for sinister stuff. Not to sell, not really because I think sinister is exspecially cool, just because I like the current content you will probably get it from. I don’t expect an official response from anet either. They are super busy working on the next episode of that bi weekly soap opera (I do like the stealth missions of this last one tho, reminds me of when I played rpg’s like metal gear)

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

But if they are also distributed like the exotic recipes through books and Lucky Joe can choose which recipe he gets, it will at least help to distribute drops evenly over all recipes.
THe higher value recipes will be chosen more often until they arent the most expensive anymore. Makes it way harder to buy out certain recipes because theoretically, it will be 20 times faster for supply to come back.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Bloin? It looks like you want to reward the outliers.

That’s too bad, because I don’t want to grind anymore.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

If people were opening boxes at the same rate they were a month or two ago this wouldn’t be an issue the TP would have enough to meet demand.

Unfortunately they are not so the TP is missing most of the recipes.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

If people were opening boxes at the same rate they were a month or two ago this wouldn’t be an issue the TP would have enough to meet demand.

Unfortunately they are not so the TP is missing most of the recipes.

I think alot of people are holdig back on opening their recipe book drop, so they can see how prices of the different pieces develop.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

So they are actually sellable?

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

So they are actually sellable?

The recipes yes, the crafted armor/weapons not.

in Crafting

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The books themselves are account bound, until you decide on what recipe you want.

Then the recipe is sellable. People are holding back, either opening them for their own use, or waiting to see what sells for the highest price.

As for me? I’m done with this bullkitten. I’m tired of grinding game material that I don’t like.

in Crafting

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

grumble

back to opening chests again

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Crafting

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I had a few and it was pretty hard to sell them, there’s like no demand. people want buy orders from something that rare for like 50 silver. Even at a few gold they’re far cheaper than the 5 laurels and 3 gold recipes on NPC’s.

I don’t see them ever being truly expensive. Yeah a few people tried to sell them at 50g a pop, nobody buys them.

Demand has forced the price down below 3g.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer