ANet designers wanted Evon to win too

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Sorry going to have call bullkitten on them caring about Evon at all. If they had cared in even the slightest would have balanced the rewards and introduced Evon Gnashblade sooner so he would have been as known as Kiel. As it stands they put well liked stuff such as waypoints against heavily hated stuff like RNG keys. It was so obvious who’d win it was painful to even see ANYONE try to call it a real election.

Evon has been around since the game came out, staring at us as we visit the LA trading post.
While we didn’t adventure with him, Kiel was brand new. The story brought Kiel from generic nameless guard to a ship captain. It would have been odd for Evon the insanely rich merchant to join in an adventure.

Ya, comparing an image that has no context to someone who was forced upon you in every living story segment makes perfect sense. “rolls her eyes”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Omega.4950

Omega.4950

Sorry going to have call bullkitten on them caring about Evon at all. If they had cared in even the slightest would have balanced the rewards and introduced Evon Gnashblade sooner so he would have been as known as Kiel. As it stands they put well liked stuff such as waypoints against heavily hated stuff like RNG keys. It was so obvious who’d win it was painful to even see ANYONE try to call it a real election.

Evon has been around since the game came out, staring at us as we visit the LA trading post.
While we didn’t adventure with him, Kiel was brand new. The story brought Kiel from generic nameless guard to a ship captain. It would have been odd for Evon the insanely rich merchant to join in an adventure.

You’d be surprised at what wealthy people do for more money.

Order Of The Mists [OOM]
http://mists.cadimus.net

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

You’d be surprised at what wealthy people do for more money.

o:

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

the majority of the community obviously didn’t play the original guild wars and are all bandwagoners who think the 2 in GW2 is just a dragon

I played the original GW1, and that had nothing to do with my choice. I voted for Kiel because i know what’s better for Guild Wars 2 lore. That’s right: for Guild wars 2! Not Guild wars 1.

The story of Abaddon is done, and as far is wish they were able to bring him back, the fractal won’t be the way. The fractal is just a moment in time. It doesn’t develop the story of Abaddon in anyway. We a;ready know what happened in the Fall of Abaddon.

On the other hand the Reactor will probably give us more lore about the Elder Dragons, you know, the main villains of Guild Wars 2, which haven’t gotten any plot development in a year. There is much more mystery behind the dragons.

To paraphrase: If we want the Elder Dragons to reach the tier of Abaddon, then we need to make them more than background characters that haven’t done anything since forever. The reactor is the better fractal for the Guild Wars 2 future.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I for example play a charr, so I was obviously on #TeamGnashblade.

You sir are in my black list now >:-(

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

People here at the studio where as passionate about this as you folks, so we had both Kiel and Gnashblade supporters. I for example play a charr, so I was obviously on #TeamGnashblade.

• ears perk up * You play a charr you say? Well then! * Begins to carve your name into a piece of rock that closely resembles a shape of a tombstone…

The election was rigged anyway. I couldn’t find a bucket to cast a vote for Captain Suwash. I hear he would’ve researched the Quaggan-nado fractal and had half-priced crab cakes for everyone.

I would have totally voted Suwash. Coooo.

Mad King for Prez!

(edited by Meriem.3504)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pavees.7281

Pavees.7281

People here at the studio where as passionate about this as you folks, so we had both Kiel and Gnashblade supporters. I for example play a charr, so I was obviously on #TeamGnashblade.

If you guys were so passionate you would of had more then just 2 cutscenes to build evon up as a character. you took a character who had months of screen time and interaction with the players and had her clash with a character you pretty much twirly mustached as evil.

So if you guys were really wanting evon to be a contender your writing would of built him up and not have him be a minor npc 1 second and then be all center stage for 2 cutscenes and then have him compete a more well known character.

hell you could of have evon be involved during south sun and f&f as the one inviting refugees to LA and it would of been ALOT better then what you did.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“Pennies, Quarters, Nickels, Dimes…..pretend to vote while there’s still time!” – ArenaNet, from two weeks ago.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

So here’s a super crazy idea… If the dev team liked working on the abadon fractal. Why don’t we make everyone happy, the gnash supporters the kiel supporters and the entire dev team and release both.

“In a show of wonderful sportsmanship it seems Evon Gnashblade will still be putting research into the abadon project with his plundered, pirate booty. Though he has stated giving out the other bonuses would be far to cost ineffective for is company, The Black Lion Trading Company.”

Not to mention it fits into Evon’s character as this would be an amazing public relations move for TBLTC

Holy crap, look at that, EVERYONE WINS!

EDIT: Come on guys if they’re already coded at set up just flip the switch and toss them in. The kiel supporters win, the GW1 lore buffs win, the dev team didn’t waste time on content we’ll never see, this is the most logical option.

As Spock would say “It’s only logical.”

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

(edited by WereDragon.6083)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

So here’s a super crazy idea… If the dev team liked working on the abadon fractal. Why don’t we make everyone happy, the gnash supporters the kiel supporters and the entire dev team and release both.

“In a show of wonderful sportsmanship it seems Evon Gnashblade will still be putting research into the abadon project with his plundered, pirate booty. Though he has stated giving out the other bonuses would be far to cost ineffective for is company, The Black Lion Trading Company.”

Not to mention it fits into Evon’s character as this would be an amazing public relations move for TBLTC

Holy crap, look at that, EVERYONE WINS!

EDIT: Come on guys if they’re already coded at set up just flip the switch and toss them in. The kiel supporters win, the GW1 lore buffs win, the dev team didn’t waste time on content we’ll never see, this is the most logical option.

As Spock would say “It’s only logical.”

Too bad ArenaNet is ran by Ferengi as opposed to Vulcans. However, I still wouldn’t rule out the appearance of an Abaddon Fractal. After all, the twelfth Rule of Acquisition clearly states “Anything worth selling is worth selling twice” .

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

ANet did say that the losing Fractal was “unlikely to ever be made”.

Unlikely does not equal impossible, however. As a Kiel supporter, I’d still totally be in favour of seeing an Abaddon fractal down the line.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

the majority of the community obviously didn’t play the original guild wars and are all bandwagoners who think the 2 in GW2 is just a dragon

Or they arleady know what happens in whit abbandon and now want some new lore that is as quoted by devs stongly attached to gw2 lore.

the guild wars 2 lore sucks though compared to guild wars 1

go back to Gw1 then..see ya

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Or they arleady know what happens in whit abbandon and now want some new lore that is as quoted by devs stongly attached to gw2 lore.

the guild wars 2 lore sucks though compared to guild wars 1

go back to Gw1 then..see ya

You don’t pick a game based solely on lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

They said the fractal has already been designed and worked on. It would be a waste of resources and money to build it and not release it. We’ll see it.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

They said the fractal has already been designed and worked on. It would be a waste of resources and money to build it and not release it. We’ll see it.

They actually said the opposite unless a massive mob with pitchforks comes and demands the Abandon fractal we won’t see it.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Chesed.2890

Chesed.2890

If they didn’t want Ellen to win, they wouldn’t have stacked it in her favor.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doopslayer.2304

Doopslayer.2304

so the last given numbers we were given were kiel at 52% evon at 48%, so a 4% difference of ~10 million votes. I think most people would agree that both fractals should be added, seeing as the results are so close.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: hplee.2839

hplee.2839

https://soundcloud.com/that_shaman/evon-gnashblade

looks like anet thought Evon was going to be the winner, so they made a voice file already

cry more Evon supporters

Orisis Stonehart
Blackgate Militia

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Winter.3649

Winter.3649

Haha…. New lore? Ok then please if you know what happened with Abbadon then please explain why he was banished to the abyss by the other gods? Why and how did he revolt? Each of these fractals would be based on pre Guild Wars2 incidents… Each both new, just the thurmanova reactor held less promise… It is my OPINION that this reactor was just a failed project of the asuran who miscalculated the spectometric algorithmic formula and made a big boom…. While I was REALLY excited for the reason WHY abbadon was locked away in the Nightmare realm… It was not his death.. it was his Fall.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

looks like anet thought Evon was going to be the winner, so they made a voice file already

cry more Evon supporters

Dialogue was prepared for both candidates.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

cry more Evon supporters

I feel like we really dodged a virtual bullet after listening to that audio clip.

Not only would we have scheming and underhanded Gnashblade (who, frankly, acts like a jerk until the very end) holding a political office, but Kiel sounds downright scorned – which is actually understandable, because the whole time she’s talking to the player about the election you can tell she’s making the assumption (after going through so much together) that the player has her back. I can understand why she’d feel betrayed.

Thankfully, things turned out differently. She got the support she expected and Gnashblade didn’t get put into office.