Guaranteed victory for Evon

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

You still want to open those scam chests?

It’s only a scam if you’ve convinced yourself that you’re guaranteed something you want.

No one is going to buy these chests for the crappy boosters!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

As far as the chests are concerned, the only good item I’ve ever received was a permanent bank access item. I can open up my bank anywhere I need to, at anytime, without being in a town.

I’d rather vote for Kiel than Evon as evon knows how to run a business and not run a council. However Kiel is in good with Logan which is good with Jennah. I can just see bad things happening with Evon in council.

Theory Time!
Maybe he is Mr. E. and maybe he’s the one who is behind all the attacks. If he gets in he could possible trigger some attempt at killing Queen Jennah so that Caudicus can do as he pleases. The Charr/Human treaty goes out the window, and Evon makes a “killing” off of the profits from people buying more weapons. Nothing funds a businessman more than war.

/End Theory Time.

The problem is I think Anet is making Evon purposefully win. His addition to the Fall of Abbadon Fractial is too enticing not to vote for, even though fractials are at random? (I’ve only managed to do 4 so far) and didn’t Colin say that these dungeons won’t be ready until the end of the year anyway?

Also, if we do get the FoA, wouldn’t someone have to play Dwayna? who was basically the monk? so if there has to be healing (cause only a god can hurt a god) someone would have to play that role.

These are just things that are going through my head. Meanwhile, 4 other eldar dragons are destroying the world slowly as we speak…however that matters not because elections are around the corner! YA! fistpump

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

It’s only a scam if you’ve convinced yourself that you’re guaranteed something you want.

How is there no one? I buy them!!!! and i tend to buy 25-50 keys each time i feel like opening the boxes so for those that notice that their black lions chest is sold on TP that might be by me XD

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

How is there no one? I buy them!!!! and i tend to buy 25-50 keys each time i feel like opening the boxes so for those that notice that their black lions chest is sold on TP that might be by me XD

Do you use real money to by those 25-50 keys. If so, I don’t care if you’re a billionaire. It’s a huge waste of money.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SiegHawk.7981

SiegHawk.7981

Do you use real money to by those 25-50 keys. If so I don’t care if you’re a billionaire. It’s a huge waste of money.

nope not rich or middle class. but if i was rich then i would spend way more like buying all thelgendary for all class. thats how rich players roll. in their eyes these are small amount of money and they could care less. Ive seen real rich players in MMO where Spending over $100,000 is not a problem for them.

Dragonbrand [EAT]
All I want is pure destruction!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i think it’d be interesting to see Evon on the Council. that would really change things up in LA and, by extension, our adventures in Tyria. though, equally interesting if Ellen Kiel was in fact, under cover and wanting to destroy from within. >:DDD

@Onshi – didn’t Logan say he doesn't trust the Lionguard? (in the film noir scenes)

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

I’m voting for whichever candidate gets me the Mini Kiel. All other reasons for voting are completely invalid. If I can can get both, I vote for Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

What? How does that even make sense? So because someone doesnt like to have the money they worked hard for taken and get nothing in return, that means they are bias against Charr?

Nobody held a gun to your head and told you to buy the RNG boxes. Nobody threatened to hurt/kill you if you didn’t buy them. Nobody mugged you. You were not forced in any way to buy RNG boxes. You bought them of your own free will and then you blame the devs (and Evon) for it, because you can’t understand that you chose to buy RNG boxes. That is just acting like a two-year old.

Traders, rally around Evon!
People who do not like to have credit stolen, rally around Evon!
#TeamGnashblade

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

A vote for Evon is a vote for RNG! Down with RNG!

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Exactly! I really, really wish people would stop assuming that we ALL have a problem with RNG. We don’t! Maybe because we win, consistently, or maybe because we understand commerce and economics (and thus know directly selling skins benefits no one) and most importantly, probability. But whatever the reason, we don’t all have issues with RNG and thus pegging a vote for Evon to a vote for RNG is not a sound strategy for Kiel supporters.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Exactly! I really, really wish people would stop assuming that we ALL have a problem with RNG. We don’t! Maybe because we win, consistently, or maybe because we understand commerce and economics (and thus know directly selling skins benefits no one) and most importantly, probability. But whatever the reason, we don’t all have issues with RNG and thus pegging a vote for Evon to a vote for RNG is not a sound strategy for Kiel supporters.

Untrue. Directly selling skins does benefit the players. Locking them solely behind a pay lottery only benefits ANet at the expense of players. If those same skins were also available for direct purchase then the practice would not be seen as abhorrent as it currently is.

And no. Some of you think it is acceptable. Most of us, however, don’t. Thus, for us, voting against Evon is voting against RNG.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Cutthroat Politics

Tinni.4351

Untrue. Directly selling skins does benefit the players. Locking them solely behind a pay lottery only benefits ANet at the expense of players. If those same skins were also available for direct purchase then the practice would not be seen as abhorrent as it currently is.

And no. Some of you think it is acceptable. Most of us, however, don’t. Thus, for us, voting against Evon is voting against RNG.

You don’t know much about commerce or economics do you? First of all, no, really no. What’s the fair price for skin? 800 gems? 500 gems? 100 gems? They sold Rox and Braham’s set for 600 gems. 600 gems only! YET some people complained it was priced too high. But pretty much you cannot sell weapons skins directly for more then 500-600 gems. Because any higher and sticker shock will set in. Indeed, for some people even 500 gems is high already.

Secondly, the question becomes how many more people would buy the skins if they were directly available. This is hard to answer without proper metrics but it is a fact that Anet would have to sell a LOT of direct skins to make-up for the revenue lost from not selling RNG boxes because players who would have spend, say $50, buying RNG boxes would only spend, say, $20 or so buying 1-2 skins. A 1000 players spending $50 is $50,000 but at $20 direct purchase of skins 2500 players would have to directly purchase skins. So more then double the amount!

I am sorry but that makes no economic sense! None!!!!! Especially when you consider my first argument about sticker shock. Do you know why RNG works? Because the individual cost of entering the lottery, usually 125 gems for a key and equivalent for a box, is considered low for a chance at something big: a nice skin that not a lot of people have. I.e. no sticker shock!

So once again! Vote for Evon – a man who understand commerce and economics, unlike his detractors!

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

You don’t know much about commerce or economics do you? First of all, no, really no. What’s the fair price for skin? 800 gems? 500 gems? 100 gems? They sold Rox and Braham’s set for 600 gems. 600 gems only! YET some people complained it was priced too high. But pretty much you cannot sell weapons skins directly for more then 500-600 gems. It won’t work and sticker shock will set in.

Some will always complain that all prices are too high. At those prices, items are affordable enough to draw people. I think that ANet has done a pretty good job at pricing items in the gem store, honestly.

Secondly, the question becomes how many more people would buy the skins if they were directly available. This is hard to answer without proper metrics but it is a fact that Anet would have to sell a LOT of direct skins to make-up for the revenue lost from not selling RNG boxes because players who would have spend, say $50, buying RNG boxes would only spend, say, $20 or so buying 1-2 skins. A 1000 players spending $50 is $50,000 but at $20 direct purchase of skins 2500 players would have to directly purchase skins. So more then double the amount!

There are still plenty that are sold in RNG boxes that make sense in RNG boxes. Things such as permanent contracts and stuff. Stuff that will still cause the boxes to sell.

I just hold that limited skins do not belong there and should be sold directly. There are plenty of people, myself included, that would have picked up several skins in the past if we could buy it directly. I do not think that I am an edge case here.

I am sorry but that makes no economic sense! None!!!!! Especially when you consider my first argument about sticker shock. Do you know why RNG works? Because the individual cost of entering the lottery, usually 125 gems for a key and equivalent for a box, is considered low for a chance at something big: a nice skin that not a lot of people have. I.e. no sticker shock!

RNG works because some are ignorant to put it bluntly. Look at the actual chances and it becomes illogical to consider flushing away your money.

in Cutthroat Politics

Tinni.4351

RNG works because some are ignorant to put it bluntly. Look at the actual chances and it becomes illogical to consider flushing away your money.

Or they are happy to take the chance as they are with lottery. I mean, you clearly don’t have a problem with RNG because there are people who argue nothing should be behind RNG. Including permanent bank access. What it really comes down to is that you want skins but don’t want to play the lottery for it. That’s fine but please don’t assume you and your friends are statistically significant enough to justify Anet selling these skins directly. Because you are not and I am sure by now they have enough data on RNG and direct skin sales to know what works and what doesn’t.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Or they are happy to take the chance as they are with lottery. I mean, you clearly don’t have a problem with RNG because there are people who argue nothing should be behind RNG. Including permanent bank access. What it really comes down to is that you want skins but don’t want to play the lottery for it. That’s fine but please don’t assume you and your friends are statistically significant enough to justify Anet selling these skins directly. Because you are not and I am sure by now they have enough data on RNG and direct skin sales to know what works and what doesn’t.

I hold firmly that some things should not be real money RNG gated. Temporary skins are one such item.

And I do believe that the current attitude against RNG boxes that is across many, many threads by many, many people is statistically significant. I have noted that they seem to be moving away from skins being RNG gated. Both current Aetherblade armor (gem store direct purchase) and upcoming Aetherblade weapons (in-game random drop). I hope that streak lasts.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Wrong! There is mostly junk in the chest. It’s the small change that a player will get something good. That keeps people buying them.

Anet is taking advantage players who can’t control themselves. Gambling is a illness for some people.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

I am going with Kiel. Need to get map completion and reduced price on WP will help….

you get 50 silver per map you complete so no it wont

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

The black lion key gets a discount every once in a while. But we never saw a discount for waypoint prices, and tbh everybody uses waypoints, and complains how costly they are, so it’s much more useful and beneficial for players in whole. That’s why I’ll vote for Kiel – I never spoke to somebody in game who buys black lion keys.

a CharrGirl not voting charr? …

:S

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

But putting them in the gem store is pretty much guaranteed to get people to buy them in the gem store rather than through RNG, which would force Anet to price them a good bit higher than aforementioned Rox and Braham skins.

Your last sentence is a logical fallacy. People don’t like RNG (and not all of us) so therefore voting for Evon is voting for RNG? that just does not follow through. Some better logic to add to the end you your post might be Voting for either candidate isn’t going to change anything about RNG so you may as well vote for a chicken. :P

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ThanatosAngel.8024

ThanatosAngel.8024

Regardless of when or where its set, if Fall of Abaddon involves Margonites…Evon has got my vote for sure. I don’t like him and I’ve never bought a single BLK before, but he’s got it.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

But putting them in the gem store is pretty much guaranteed to get people to buy them in the gem store rather than through RNG, which would force Anet to price them a good bit higher than aforementioned Rox and Braham skins.

Some would still gamble as they could still potentially save money and could still potentially get something else useful while they’re at it. Those that wanted it for sure would buy directly as they don’t want to risk losing more money.

And they wouldn’t need to price them absurdly high. The Aetherblade armor is 800 gems. The past Wintersday winter weapons were 500 gems. Neither of those are ‘absurdly’ high. Now if you calculate, on average, how many gems it would cost to definitively get one of the RNG skins … now that is absurdly high.

Your last sentence is a logical fallacy. People don’t like RNG (and not all of us) so therefore voting for Evon is voting for RNG? that just does not follow through. Some better logic to add to the end you your post might be Voting for either candidate isn’t going to change anything about RNG so you may as well vote for a chicken. :P

Evon is the in-game face of the Black Lion Trading Company. That is fact. Thus, logically following, the actions of the trading post and gem store can be attributed to him. So voting against him can represent voting against his actions. There’s the logic you were unable to find on your own.

Will it change ANet’s policies regarding real money RNG? No. Will it send them the message of what we think of said policies? Quite possibly.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The only way to show your support for RNG boxes is to buy RNG boxes (or say so directly through feedback to ArenaNet). Voting for either side in this election says nothing about RNG. If ArenaNet wanted to know if players liked RNG, they’d look at the sales figures of the RNG boxes.

Even if Evon won, the sales of Black Lion Keys after the discount would be the only thing to support RNG, not the election result itself.

ArenaNet is a business. When making business decisions they would use hard data (which they have) over inconclusive anecdotal nonsense.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

The only way to show your support for RNG boxes is to buy RNG boxes (or say so directly through feedback to ArenaNet). Voting for either side in this election says nothing about RNG. If ArenaNet wanted to know if players liked RNG, they’d look at the sales figures of the RNG boxes.

Even if Evon won, the sales of Black Lion Keys after the discount would be the only thing to support RNG, not the election result itself.

ArenaNet is a business. When making business decisions they would use hard data (which they have) over inconclusive anecdotal nonsense.

It’s more about voting against Evon to protest RNG and letting it be very obvious that that is why we are voting against him. It’s more ‘making a point’ than anything else.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Trying to make this “election” to be some "cause’ against RNG is laughable. First, the number of players willing to base their decision completely on RNG hate is quite small and secondly, this “election” appears to me to be an elaborate content filler that in the end will allow ANet to make tons of cash will garnering good will from the player base……it’s just brilliant!

Then again, I could be wrong and the election is 100% legit and RNG is absolutely the real issue to be decided…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Trying to make this “election” to be some "cause’ against RNG is laughable. First, the number of players willing to base their decision completely on RNG hate is quite small and secondly, this “election” appears to me to be an elaborate content filler that in the end will allow ANet to make tons of cash will garnering good will from the player base……it’s just brilliant!

Then again, I could be wrong and the election is 100% legit and RNG is absolutely the real issue to be decided…..

Again, it is simply to ‘make a point’. Even if he wins, all that matters on the RNG issue is that ANet notices how strongly people feel against it. That such a little thing, something not even necessarily considered by them, might actually have an effect on the vote would point out the strength of the feelings.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Yeah, I get the “make a point” part, but there is a small “conspiracy theory” part of me that does not believe Anet will pass up the chance to make piles of cash (the selection of Fractal source material for each candidate for example). Hell, they could write the story so that Evon rigs the election and the player base couldn’t really do anything about it.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

The black lion key gets a discount every once in a while. But we never saw a discount for waypoint prices, and tbh everybody uses waypoints, and complains how costly they are, so it’s much more useful and beneficial for players in whole. That’s why I’ll vote for Kiel – I never spoke to somebody in game who buys black lion keys.

Evon is honorless gladium so lorewisely no self-respecting charr would vote for him

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Evon is honorless gladium so lorewisely no self-respecting charr would vote for him

We need to end this charr on charr hate. Lore wise, everyone knows that to charr, humans are just meat. So no charr would ever pick a human over one of their own.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

We need to end this charr on charr hate. Lore wise, everyone knows that to charr, humans are just meat. So no charr would ever pick a human over one of their own.

So basically, no charr should ever vote for evon, and no human should ever vote for evon? Sounds perfect! Lets fill a giant coffin with BL keys and Evon and leave him at the bottom of Harbor Sanctum, problem solved.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

So basically, no charr should ever vote for evon, and no human should ever vote for evon? Sounds perfect! Lets fill a giant coffin with BL keys and Evon and leave him at the bottom of Harbor Sanctum, problem solved.

How does that make any sense? No charr would vote for a human, so it’s either vote Evon, or stay home.

#Evon=MoarKeys

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

It’s more about voting against Evon to protest RNG and letting it be very obvious that that is why we are voting against him. It’s more ‘making a point’ than anything else.

Then let me tell you some logic you couldn’t find on your own. Your ‘point’ has been made very obvious hundreds of times, over and over, by every kitten thread that has ever spouted anything against RNG. Anet knows we hate RNG, they may hate it almost as much as us. But the publisher controls the developer. If NCsoft says to put in RNG, they have to put in RNG. Furthermore, after diving into RNG, people then complain on the forums as though they shouldn’t even have the choice, simply because they didn’t have the willpower to not buy RNG when they knew it was RNG.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Then let me tell you some logic you couldn’t find on your own. Your ‘point’ has been made very obvious hundreds of times, over and over, by every kitten thread that has ever spouted anything against RNG. Anet knows we hate RNG, they may hate it almost as much as us. But the publisher controls the developer. If NCsoft says to put in RNG, they have to put in RNG. Furthermore, after diving into RNG, people then complain on the forums as though they shouldn’t even have the choice, simply because they didn’t have the willpower to not buy RNG when they knew it was RNG.

NCSoft actually interferes very little with ANet. The RNG is on ANet, not NCSoft. They have the clout to say no to NCSoft as they are NCSoft’s only real breadwinner.

And people ‘delve’ into RNG chests as they are the only way to get some temporary skins. It’s not willpower. It’s wanting the skins and that being the only way to obtain them.

And yes, we have been clear in the past. That does not mean we should stop making our view known. It means we should continue to make our voice heard so we will continue to see less real money RNG.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

You can make your view known by not buying keys. And I’ll make my view known by continuing to buy Gems, and using them for everything from chests to vanity items.

The fact that people WANT things only offered as a chance from a chest, and the fact that they’re WILLING to take that chance, they give up all rights to complain once they click that button. Knowing full well of what you’re getting into, and still doing it, speaks volumes.

But I digress. This election isn’t about RNG. It’s about Evon winning.

#Evon4Council

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

You can make your view known by not buying keys. And I’ll make my view known by continuing to buy Gems, and using them for everything from chests to vanity items.

The fact that people WANT things only offered as a chance from a chest, and the fact that they’re WILLING to take that chance, they give up all rights to complain once they click that button. Knowing full well of what you’re getting into, and still doing it, speaks volumes.

#Evon4Council

Nah. It’s about voting for whoever we think is best. IC and lore-wise, I think Kiel is a better fit. And I can’t force myself to vote for Evon due to RNG being linked to him through the BLTC, which he does run.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

#Evon4Council

Nah. It’s about voting for whoever we think is best. IC and lore-wise, I think Kiel is a better fit. And I can’t force myself to vote for Evon due to RNG being linked to him through the BLTC, which he does run.

You say you think Kiel is the best, and then you say that you won’t vote for Evon due to mechanics that are beyond his control. Don’t make excuses for your species bias. Evon is the best because of his business background. He’s an expert negotiator. Kiel is just better looking than the other pirates on the Council, and took credit for our saving people.

Evon = experience
Kiel = pretty face that can swing a sword… and then swing it again

#Evon4Council

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’m glad I just delete the boxes now. Why would I want to help promote the use of those kitten RNG boxes (even if its a roundabout way)? Its people like you that keep us from buying skins directly.
Also, whomever keeps saying that Evon doesn’t make the boxes, just the keys, why the kitten are they named Black Lion Chests? He obviously makes them, or at least sells them to the uninformed npcs.

Either way, the fractal won’t be long enough to tell any real kind of story/lore, so it doesn’t really matter which one wins. If anything I’d rather have reactor cause its probably shorter which means more runs.

Even if Kiel took the credit, at least she was there with us while we defended SouthSun. Where the kitten was Evon? Sitting safe in LA helping the consortium, which means he was therefore helping to enslave the refugees.
#VoteKiel for justice, goodness, and the downtrodden.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

You say you think Kiel is the best, and then you say that you won’t vote for Evon due to mechanics that are beyond his control. Don’t make excuses for your species bias. Evon is the best because of his business background. He’s an expert negotiator. Kiel is just better looking than the other pirates on the Council, and took credit for our saving people.

Evon = experience
Kiel = pretty face that can swing a sword… and then swing it again

#Evon4Council

Hmm. You missed where I said I think Kiel is better IC and lore-wise. Please don’t cherry-pick part of my post and ignore direct statements trying to villianize me. Thanks.

As a race I find the Charr far more fascinating than Humans. Humans are boring. But in this case, with the characters that are established, Kiel is the better fit. Evon is simply a capitalist. Kiel is more altruistic with experience leading others for reasons other than profit. And she has been quite successful.

No, she did not take our credit. She spearheaded the efforts. She gathered others to help, our charas included. She was the brains of that operation. We were just the muscle. Anyone who thinks that she stole credit is blatantly ignoring or ignorant of lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

Kiel touched a lighting rod cause it was sparkly really person you want to be leader leading you though a dungeon. You would think she was blond.

Remember: Each person has infinite number of votes so who ever you want make sure you fight for them if you don’t you are just helping the other guy. This isn’t a democracy this is piratocracy.

(edited by Fafnir.5124)

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m glad I just delete the boxes now. Why would I want to help promote the use of those kitten RNG boxes (even if its a roundabout way)? Its people like you that keep us from buying skins directly.
Also, whomever keeps saying that Evon doesn’t make the boxes, just the keys, why the kitten are they named Black Lion Chests? He obviously makes them, or at least sells them to the uninformed npcs.

Not true. All the NPCs are well informed about how BL Chest work. They in turn inform the players who purchase them. The complainers who rally against RNG are the ones who skip the fine print, and expect guaranteed results from randomness.

Regardless of this, if Anet puts votes for sale in the Gem Store, I’ll make sure that Evon wins by a landslide. My wallet is ready to support his candidacy.

#YesWeCan

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Then you should vote for him because of what you said.

If things related to BLTC are his fault, start thanking him for being able to easily sell and buy stuff from everyone in the whole game whenever you want

If you’re going to blame him for the bad parts about echonomics in the game, start blaming him for how your life is much easier thanks to him (start thinking about how much time you would’ve lost or how many items you would’ve simply sold to a merchan NPC with GW1 system).

Not to mention all the cool things in the gem store that aren’t RNG related, but somehow, because they’re good, they aren’t mentioned when blaming Evon for stuff.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

If things related to BLTC are his fault, start thanking him for being able to easily sell and buy stuff from everyone in the whole game whenever you want

If you’re going to blame him for the bad parts about echonomics in the game, start blaming him for how your life is much easier thanks to him (start thinking about how much time you would’ve lost or how many items you would’ve simply sold to a merchan NPC with GW1 system).

Not to mention all the cool things in the gem store that aren’t RNG related, but somehow, because they’re good, they aren’t mentioned when blaming Evon for stuff.

Hmm. You must have missed something I said. Let me repeat that for you so I am perfectly clear.

Nah. It’s about voting for whoever we think is best. IC and lore-wise, I think Kiel is a better fit.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Hmm. You must have missed something I said. Let me repeat that for you so I am perfectly clear.

Nah. It’s about voting for whoever we think is best. IC and lore-wise, I think Kiel is a better fit.

Now try quoting the second part of what you said too

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Now try quoting the second part of what you said too

Fine.

And I can’t force myself to vote for Evon due to RNG being linked to him through the BLTC, which he does run.

This is also valid. It does not matter how many good things someone provides if they also provide things which you disagree with. Yes, he brought good things. But he also brought bad things which I highly loathe. So for that reason I cannot vote for him.

in Cutthroat Politics

Tinni.4351

Wrong! There is mostly junk in the chest. It’s the small change that a player will get something good. That keeps people buying them.

Anet is taking advantage players who can’t control themselves. Gambling is a illness for some people.

Gambling is not an illness. Gambling ADDICTION is an illness. Just like game addiction is an illness. Saying gambling is an illness is like saying gaming is an illness. Gambling is just an activity, a game of chance nothing more.

Unless you think people occasionally trying for a lucky dip or entering a raffle is an addiction, this RNG related arguments have gone off the deep end. I mean, essentially that’s all the skins in RNG chests really is: a lucky dip or a raffle. Most lucky dips and raffles have 1-2 good prizes and the rest are crap. But people still enter because they want to support the cause for which the lucky dip or raffle is being held, not because they have some sort of a illness that compels them to. In this case the RNG boxes are a way to support Anet and Guild Wars 2 and people are happy to do it.

If that is not a way you want to support Anet or GW 2 that’s fine. Nobody is telling you to but in turn, you should really stop telling other people how they choose to support Anet and GW 2. Especially by invoking groundless hyperboles.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Gambling is not an illness. Gambling ADDICTION is an illness. Just like game addiction is an illness. Saying gambling is an illness is like saying gaming is an illness. Gambling is just an activity, a game of chance nothing more.

Unless you think people occasionally trying for a lucky dip or entering a raffle is an addiction, this RNG related arguments have gone off the deep end. I mean, essentially that’s all the skins in RNG chests really is: a lucky dip or a raffle. Most lucky dips and raffles have 1-2 good prizes and the rest are crap. But people still enter because they want to support the cause for which the lucky dip or raffle is being held, not because they have some sort of a illness that compels them to. In this case the RNG boxes are a way to support Anet and Guild Wars 2 and people are happy to do it.

If that is not a way you want to support Anet or GW 2 that’s fine. Nobody is telling you to but in turn, you should really stop telling other people how they choose to support Anet and GW 2. Especially by invoking groundless hyperboles.

Skins are $5-$10, if you buy them outright.
With RNG skins you could spend $100 or more to get the skin.

Stop legitimizing this SCAM!

in Cutthroat Politics

Tinni.4351

Excuse me but the top three skins listed on the TP are,

1. Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin – cheapest sale price 325 g
2. Greatsaw Greatsword Skin – cheapest sale price 215 g
3. Scythe Staff Skin – cheapest sale price 150 g

At current exchange rates 1 g costs 0.53 USD to buy through gems. So in RL dollars the top three skins listed on the TP right now cost,

1. Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin – cheapest sale price $172.25
2. Greatsaw Greatsword Skin – cheapest sale price $113.95
3. Scythe Staff Skin – cheapest sale price $79.5

So tell me again how skins don’t cost $100+? There is also the fact, only a small handful of players ever spent $100 chasing after the limited edition skins. Most spent far, far less then that and stopped because they either got their skin or called it quits because their “spend limit” was reached.

Lastly, but most importantly, IF someone does spend $100 in gems to chase after skins or hell converts it into in-game gold to get one of the three skins I used as examples, who are you to tell them they can’t? How is it a scam? The amount of money a person is willing to spend on these skins is indicative of how much value they place on the skins. If they like the skin enough to spend $100+ chasing after them, that’s really their business and hardly a scam.

in Cutthroat Politics

Onshidesigns.1069

Excuse me but the top three skins listed on the TP are,

1. Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin – cheapest sale price 325 g
2. Greatsaw Greatsword Skin – cheapest sale price 215 g
3. Scythe Staff Skin – cheapest sale price 150 g

At current exchange rates 1 g costs 0.53 USD to buy through gems. So in RL dollars the top three skins listed on the TP right now cost,

1. Ghastly Grinning Shield Skin – cheapest sale price $172.25
2. Greatsaw Greatsword Skin – cheapest sale price $113.95
3. Scythe Staff Skin – cheapest sale price $79.5

So tell me again how skins don’t cost $100+? There is also the fact, only a small handful of players ever spent $100 chasing after the limited edition skins. Most spent far, far less then that and stopped because they either got their skin or called it quits because their “spend limit” was reached.

Lastly, but most importantly, IF someone does spend $100 in gems to chase after skins or hell converts it into in-game gold to get one of the three skins I used as examples, who are you to tell them they can’t? How is it a scam? The amount of money a person is willing to spend on these skins is indicative of how much value they place on the skins. If they like the skin enough to spend $100+ chasing after them, that’s really their business and hardly a scam.

You forget that these skins are just pixels on your screen. The skins are out of reach for the majority players that are responsible with their money.

No matter how much a gem store skin cost. There is no in game prestige for obtaining them. Gem store skins should be easily accessible. Skins as rewards through gameplay are the ones that should have prestige.

in Cutthroat Politics

Smooth Penguin.5294

To answer this…

Sorry my friend, your “scam” argument holds no water.

Smart players will vote Evon for Council!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

To answer this…

Sorry my friend, your “scam” argument holds no water.

Smart players will vote Evon for Council!

Not entirely sure how voting for Kiel makes you a dumb player, but whatever. After four weeks, the point is moot, and the only thing that will matter to the players is the fractal, and double for anet of what they can do with a new member on the council.

in Cutthroat Politics

SynfulChaot.3169

Not entirely sure how voting for Kiel makes you a dumb player, but whatever. After four weeks, the point is moot, and the only thing that will matter to the players is the fractal, and double for anet of what they can do with a new member on the council.

Simple. Logical fallacy. Appeal to emotion.