I don't really care right now.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I don’t care who wins. They both have things that are potentially interesting but..

Waypoint costs don’t really bother me much.

I don’t like the keys.

I almost never play Fractals.

Which is sad, since both fractal choices sound interesting to me, at least for more lore, if nothing else. It’s one thing to know what happened (Abaddon’s fall, the reactor’s meltdown, etc.) and another to actually see it happen.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in seeing a fight between the gods. But after how they handled Zhaitan, I’m worried that they won’t meet peoples expectations for this. Do you realize how hyped people will get for this? If this ends up winning, they better not mess it up. It’s a fight between the gods. I’d want to see that done well.

The Thaumanova (yes it’s actually spelled like that) Reactor interests me too, since I like asura stuff, and some say the whole chaos rift stuff might give us new knowledge about the dragons..somehow. But again, I’m worried that it could just become a rehash of the Crucible of Eternity, like some say it will. So I’m on the fence there too.

The rewards for completing the acheivements for both sides are minis of the candidates. I got the Kiel mini, just to see for myself in case people were trolling, and then I just stopped. I was going to do both, but..it was just tedious the first time around. More minis I’ll just put away and never use? No thanks. (Although, Kiel’s mini quoting her lines was a neat little thing. Hopefully Evon’s mini does that too. Or maybe they all do and I never noticed. Meh.)

I didn’t like the Candidate Trials. The only thing I wanted were the Aetherblade skins of a few weapons, and after slogging through all that, trying to get gold on Tier 1, trying to beat higher tiers and failing miserably, getting mostly broken lockpicks and some heavy booty bags, I finally gave in and just bought the skin that I wanted the most, just so I’d have one.

I don’t like Aspect Arena or Southsun Survival. Enough said.

I don’t like having to do events in Ascalon or Kryta. I just don’t like Ascalon or Kryta.

Sorry Kiel, but I don’t care. Your mini’s kinda neat, but it’ll just get deposited and stay there.

Sorry Gnashblade, but I’ve got Mini Rytlock. The only charr mini I might want right now is one of General Almorra Soulkeeper.

And they don’t have one. I feel a bit down now.

Too long, didn’t read? Read the title.

Attachments:

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I believe one of the main issues is that all you are doing is looking at it from a reward point of view rather than a story point of view.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Obfuscate.6430

Obfuscate.6430

I believe one of the main issues is that all you are doing is looking at it from a reward point of view rather than a story point of view.

But the characters are written so shallow that many people are resigned to looking at the rewards to help them decide – and I think that is pretty fair.

I do have to wonder what would interest the OP though.

~*~

I love Zephyr Sanctum. I really enjoyed the Aspect Arena: you could shove people off the walkways to their doom with a puff of air! It was short and fun but admittedly made even more so by the really rewarding loot at the end.

Southsun Survival is sort of fun but it tends to drag on too long.

Fractal weapon skins (Fractal pistols and a rifle) are essentially my long term goal. No legendary or gem shop weapon skin appeals to me more. Fractal runs are pretty much my GW2 career now. I still have not found the skin I want and the wonder I used to feel for the art direction in the Fractal dungeons has waned. Believe me when I say this: any new dungeon in the Fractal will be refreshing (though maybe not welcome depending on the difficulty! Hehehe!)

That being said – I hope it’s the Thaumanova one. <3

~*~

I have both the minis – Evon creeps me out with his bedroom voice comments (kind of disappointed that “mouse fart” isn’t one of the things he says haha! He’s such a jerk.) but Kiel quickly becomes annoying after awhile.

Still, I love them. I love the back piece items too that came with this update.

in Cutthroat Politics

Nilkemia.8507

“I believe one of the main issues is that all you are doing is looking at it from a reward point of view rather than a story point of view.”

What do you mean by that? So far the story is these 2 competing for the Captain’s Council seat. They claim it’ll affect the story later, but they could just be saying that.

The only other story bit will be from whichever fractal we get, since those cover past events. The rewards seem to be the main thing swaying people right now, or so my perceptions of the forums tell me.

(edited by Nilkemia.8507)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“I believe one of the main issues is that all you are doing is looking at it from a reward point of view rather than a story point of view.”

What do you mean by that? So far the story is these 2 competing for the Captain’s Council seat. They claim it’ll affect the story later, but they could just be saying that.

The only other story bit will be from whichever fractal we get, since those cover past events.

I mean that we know that the characters are completely different, and that the future of Lions Arch will most likely be completely different based on the winner.

Kiel is a soldier and she is good out in the field, but as far as we know she have no political knowledge or experience and could therefore have trouble with sitting on the Council.

Evon is a merchant with rather vast knowledge of organizations and such and most likely have more knowledge and/or experience when it comes to politics (especially since his mission was to “infiltrate” and gain a foothold in Lions Arch for the Ash Legion (before founding Black Lion Trading Company).

So while Kiel is more a person of action one can assume that Evon is more of a politician, which would mean the outcome of the vote would differ quite a bit.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Cutthroat Politics

Nilkemia.8507

Well, until I see some good story results coming out of that, I still don’t really care. And it seems the next Living Story is going to Divinity’s Reach, so unless that involves the winner going there to have a chat with Queen Jennah, or negotiatiate the whole Lion’s Arch having a treaty with centaurs thing, it looks like we probably won’t see their effect on Lion’s Arch for another 2 weeks or so.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t think the story is going to matter much. If ArenaNet has a compelling idea for Evon, regardless of whether he wins or not, it’s in their best interest to utilise it. He might not get a vote, but most players played for almost a year without even realising Lion’s Arch had a Captain’s Council. At the end of the day, it’s one person on the council, so their voice alone isn’t enough to do anything. The reality is, Evon is probably rich enough to buy off other members if he wanted to.

Every story which focuses on the politicians is a story that’s not focusing on the action. Regardless who wins, I don’t want to be spending time in council chambers discussing things.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I don’t think the story is going to matter much.

It’s not.

If Evon wins, then Kiel will still be a lionguard at the command of the council. Evon will continue to focus on making a profit and preserving Lion’s Arch as a council member and because he needs it to make his business work. Kiel will be sent to defend the best interests of Lion’s Arch whenever there’s need.

If Kiel wins, then Evon will still be running the Black Lion. He’ll continue to focus on making a profit and preserving Lion’s Arch because he needs it to make his business work. Kiel will throw herself into defending the best interests of Lion’s Arch whenever there’s need.

They’ll both continue to play the same roles, the only small difference will be which one will be telling the other to do what they would normally do anyway.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’m with you, OP. I think this is actually one of the worst events they’ve had so far (and that’s saying something). There doesn’t seem to be anything in it for a player like myself. I don’t do fractals so I’ll never see whatever’s implemented except via YouTube. I also hate PvP minigames (the only exception being Sanctum Sprint). I don’t buy keys and I don’t WP enough for it to make a difference. I also don’t care about either mini.

The achievements are also the worst I’ve seen, with you having to do them all to get the meta and they all frankly suck. I started out not doing them because none of them sound even remotely enjoyable, but now I may consider it my silent protest to just a bunch of awful. :P

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

would you rather see screenshots of the human gods or more boring golems? The Abaddon fractal, if played or not, reveals quite a bit of how stuff looks… Abaddon, the gods, Margonytes, the crystal sea,…

this is a vote for lore

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

would you rather see screenshots of the human gods or more boring golems? The Abaddon fractal, if played or not, reveals quite a bit of how stuff looks… Abaddon, the gods, Margonytes, the crystal sea,…

this is a vote for lore

Both of the options are very interesting lore-wise. Also remember that ANet has been very careful in the past with showing the true form of the gods. And I like it better that they are shrouded in mystery (also I have no interest in puny human gods).

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Both of the options are very interesting lore-wise. Also remember that ANet has been very careful in the past with showing the true form of the gods. And I like it better that they are shrouded in mystery (also I have no interest in puny human gods).

I thought the gods weren’t humans. Or did that retconned ?

Also, the Thaumanova is interesting because of the consequences, which we won’t get to see. We’ll get the events leading to the explosion (which honestly can be anything) and the after-math will be left to our imagination, like it currently is.

The Abaddon fractal will at least be like the Bonus Mission Pack : we know the events and we’ll get to play through them. And they can add more information.