I'm Glad I'm Ticked Off at Election results

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Honestly, this is the first time that for some reason I felt invested in the outcome of a storyline.

The result wasn’t linear. I felt I actually played a role in branching the story line one way or another.

kitten ed that it didn’t go my way, but at least I feel invested.

I’d like to see this sort of branching done more often.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Actually just opened a thread about this on the events page..

Regardless of who won, it’s been a LONG time since I remember seeing any MMO community so emotionally invested into some new content, in game, in forums, and on websites like reddit or twitter. I loved it, and a bit sad it’s over now.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Haha! I was thinking the same thing. I’m pretty happy to see so many people still care about this game

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Cared so much that i voted blindly not even knowing what are the advantages of each. This is a pointless vote especially when one of the advantages is cheaper WP lol WP should be free since day one and the other advantage is cheaper RNG boxes rofl what you pay with real money should NEVER be rng. So yeah… not a single **** was given when it comes to whoever wins

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Well, a look over at the event board would say a great deal of people cared about who won.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I saw more people get worked up over this than they do over RL presidential elections.

Excellent way of getting the playerbase invested

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lenaro.5924

Lenaro.5924

People looking for a reason to play the game will get worked up over anything to be completely fair though. This isn’t something that drew any friends of mine currently uninterested in the game back into playing. If the impact is actually significant, as in substantial story changes in future content due to Kiel being on the Captain’s Council instead of the good candidate then the event will have been a success and I will hope to see more in the future.

That being said though, I doubt that there will be any real changes from this event and my best guess is it was just used as a gimmick. Time will tell whether or not they intend for more significant backlash from the event. Until that time it’s hard to judge it.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think cutthroat politics worked like a dream…Anet did a fantastic job of getting players to care about the game and 2 of the characters in GW2…

Wether you loved Kiel or Evon, you won’t forget them in a hurry…

Oh the drama…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Marden.6294

Marden.6294

I’m just ticked off that I couldn’t sell the 200+ Support Tokens I had collected. I destroyed them all this morning.

I had no interest in the story, the candidates or the content.

That being said….I thought it was a really great idea to put the decision in the hands of the playerbase. I can’t remember anything similar to this from the other MMO’s I’ve played.

Big kudos to ANet for it, even if I wasn’t personally invested in the choice or outcome.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I’m also glad.

My only hope is that the gw2 story is less disney and more moral conflicts. Kiel was too good for my taste and felt that Evon was more human than the human. This is a perfect setup to kill off a character the community knows and cares about. Because Kiel has that disney white knight morality about her I simply can’t wait for her throat to get slit.

There really is too much absolute good and absolute evil in this game with very little grey areas imo.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

Yep, my choice prevailed, but I was denied my chance to cast my final votes by bad cut off time communication. I am surprised about how CHEATED I feel, even though it saved me gems.

Invested.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

Agree, thats why I love living world idea. Best thing A-Net created.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I split my votes evenly. I was annoyed that I had to choose between a human character and an Abaddon fractal, so I chose neither or both, whichever you want to look at it

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I’m just ticked off that I couldn’t sell the 200+ Support Tokens I had collected. I destroyed them all this morning.

I had no interest in the story, the candidates or the content.

This^

Destroyed around 275 support tokens, I did only 4 achievements for each candidate, I never do pvp mimi-games, and didn’t bother with T3/4 of the instance after Anet ‘fixed’ it.

For me, this was the worse LS content to date, the 2 weeks went by very slowly.

Only positive was getting a weapon skin ticket that I use on the pistol skin and sold it for 58g …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I would have been happy with either result, but I voted for Kiel, not because of the Waypoints, but because she was someone I’d interacted with and I had a history with her. I’d have sort of felt like I was betraying her to support Gnashblade, even though I’d rather have the Abaddon Fractal.

A couple of my characters did use what they got as drops to vote for Gnashblade, because those characters don’t have the same morals as my other characters. lol

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

All i know is the Thaumanova Reactor Explosion better be kittening amazing to be better than the fall of a god. Time will tell I guess.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

i had almost 250 support tokens saved, and several of my guildies had 200+
For some unknown reason maybe we just didnt have a clue but we thought we had up to today to turn them in, Im guessing if 1000’s of others thought the same then all these saved tokens maybe could’ve changed the result

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I think this was great. Even if ANet had the outcome planned from the beginning, it made us (the players) believe that we have something to add to the game. Good Job, Devs!

…oh…and for the record…I don’t think Evon is gone… I think he will be back…just maybe not so “friendly.”

Level 80 Elementalist