Vote Kiel: GW already has enough human lore

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

We’ve already had three Guild Wars games (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) that were set in human lore, and as a result, we have more lore about humans than all of the other four playable races combined.

We don’t need yet another story about the Human gods.

Give one of the other races a change to be in the spotlight.

Vote Kiel.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Pff, the Asura, Sylvari and Norn are all lame; they were poorly planned, thrown in last minute for the final expansion, and don’t fit terribly well with the rest of the game. Because the game was built around them not even existing.
So screw lame Asura lore, I say.
Not in 100 years could I get too much of the demon god of magic and madness! Abaddon was the greatest character spawned from that game, and made Nightfall awesome.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: laddylucks.5897

laddylucks.5897

A story about asuran technology… pretty boring if you ask me.

Now a story about god’s… epic

This is going to be an interesting election.

Fort Aspenwood
[ACE] Acquire

(edited by laddylucks.5897)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

Well just know that if we lose out on the original fall of Abaddon, we’re not likely to go back and cover it since GW: Beyond was scrapped.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Since GW1 lore is way more interesting & the gods are far more compelling than a reactor going boom… no, I want more Abaddon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

What do you think will happen if Kiel gets elected? Whoever wins will likely become the focus of future plots. More plots revolving around another human. Evon is a shady character, he doesn’t have a lot of development so far, but he’s a hell of a lot more interesting than Kiel. He’s actually a very important and wealthy character in Tyria, and he’s a charr to match it. The story potential of his character is far greater than another generic human. The people he would have access to, the underhanded things he would get up to. Scoundrels are just cooler than vanilla human female soldier number 2.

Voting Kiel would continue the trend of a human female being in the spotlight of the Living Story.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Ketto.6508

Ketto.6508

sounds good to me, humans are the superior race #votekiel

If humans are the superior race, then you should vote Evon Gnashblade so you can witness a major event in Tyrian history involving the human gods.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Abaddon sent Titan who pretends to be a god among charr, told them to invade human kingdoms and gave them enough power to perform the ritual of the Searing, which charr used to destroy human in ascalon. i guess thats enough charr related?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Would you rather see the fall of a god, or another asuran lab accident?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

agreed too much human lore, BUT regarding an ancient god, that’s a completely different story. apologies, but the Asura tech don’t intrigue me much. they’re cute when they’re slugging giant weapons over their shoulders. but that’s about it. ; ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Gut instinct may want The Fall of Abaddon, but if you understand the Thaumanova Reactor then Kiel is a no brainer, as it is going to offer way more potential.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

What do you think will happen if Kiel gets elected? Whoever wins will likely become the focus of future plots. More plots revolving around another human. Evon is a shady character, he doesn’t have a lot of development so far, but he’s a hell of a lot more interesting than Kiel. He’s actually a very important and wealthy character in Tyria, and he’s a charr to match it. The story potential of his character is far greater than another generic human. The people he would have access to, the underhanded things he would get up to. Scoundrels are just cooler than vanilla human female soldier number 2.

Voting Kiel would continue the trend of a human female being in the spotlight of the Living Story.

I’m going to agree with this. Kiel isn’t going to be as interesting to have around and making things happen as Evon is. Besides, she’s already making things happen without being on the council. I want to see more of Evon in action, so I’ll be voting for him.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Have you considered that whoever ends up on the council might NOT be running around in the fields with us?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

Mif get your Asuran butt back to work! <3

#Team Gnashblade!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Have you considered that whoever ends up on the council might NOT be running around in the fields with us?

Truth bomb right there

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Nah….Team Gnashblade!

I never thought I would vote for a Charr over a Human, but you know what…he has the most personality, and frankly I am bored of oh-so-good, sparkly-clean, do-gooders in GW2….a more gritty personality is welcomed.

Oh, that and Fall of Abaddon is extremely interesting to me, ironically, as a human character!

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I never thought I would vote for a Charr over a Human, but you know what…he has the most personality, and frankly I am bored of oh-so-good, sparkly-clean, do-gooders in GW2….a more gritty personality is welcomed.

Consider what Pixelpumpkin pointed out.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Consider what Pixelpumpkin pointed out.

I don’t really care about them running around in the field with us…I am considering two things: what they are bringing to the table, and what are they like personality wise.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’d prefer they just fix the Subject Alpha fight… then we’d have an Asuran “Crap Blowing up” dungeon with truly impressive crap blowing up instead of just 3 rounds of the ugly stick

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

agree!! look how interesting the story about the fall of zaithan is!! its just going to repeat itself with a different NPC, place, and the cliche of beating a generic boss. pressing 11111 anyone? human history is boring too..
an exploding nova reactor on the other hand… could open up all kinds of story possibility after! like… waking a certain hibernating dragon for example..
vote for kiel!!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

GW2 doesn’t have enough Nightfall lore though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I’ve seen enough of Asuran technology already, Fractals is about reliving past events, so give me the epic throwdown between the gods.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Spin.8960

Spin.8960

Of course vote for Evon.

Spín | Ranger | Nolani Academy [NOA] | Desolation EU

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

So you’d rather watch an inquest experiment go bad that makes things teleport 5 feet to the left in a small area? That’s cool, it’s not like the fall of Abaddon left a permanent scar on the face of Tyria. Surely some asuran sparkler incident is going to be more spectacular than the cataclysm that turned the Crystal Sea into the Crystal Desert/Desolation.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

These ignorant bookah responses just prove how much we need to research the failed reactor…for it did not just “go boom” and did a whole lot more than you know obviously

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’m not basing my decision on this, but…

If we were thinking of racial balance, through Guild Wars 2 humans are actually the second-most neglected race (only norn have been less important to the storyline, and this is including the Orr section, where it’s asura, charr and sylvari that do nearly everything of note).

That said, Kiel is not really a good representative of humanity – there’s nothing in her character, behaviour, or background (as far as we know) that actually makes it important to the story that she’s human. She could be norn, charr or sylvari and it probably wouldn’t change anything about what we’ve seen of her so far except her name and appearance.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Cutthroat Politics

Mif.3471

These ignorant bookah responses just prove how much we need to research the failed reactor…for it did not just “go boom” and did a whole lot more than you know obviously

Their responses actually prove the point I made in the OP.

By arguing about how important Abaddon is, while dismissing the value of the Thaumanova Reactor, they’re demonstrating how the GW franchise has placed importance upon human lore, while leaving the lore of other races to feel inconsequential and tacked on.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Their responses actually prove the point I made in the OP.

By arguing about how important Abaddon is, while dismissing the value of the Thaumanova Reactor, they’re demonstrating how the GW franchise has placed importance upon human lore, while leaving the lore of other races to feel inconsequential and tacked on.

So just to clarify, GW 1, which is a game where you could only play as the human race, has placed importance upon the human lore.

Yep, that sounds about right.
But personally I’ll support Evon, simply because the only thing I’ve found interesting about Asuras so far has been polymock.

in Cutthroat Politics

Mif.3471

So just to clarify, GW 1, which is a game where you could only play as the human race, has placed importance upon the human lore.

So effectively you’re saying in GW1, there wasn’t a choice.

So then now that we have a choice, why make new lore and new content about a GW1 god, about something that happened circa GW1, instead of lore and content that is relevant for GW2?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Unfortunately I agree with the 2nd post. They were all very poorly planned and completely uninteresting to me. I will be voting for Evon to relive some GW1 lore.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

I’m not sure how you can compare a Thaumanova Reactor explosion to experiencing a battle with a God. To be honest i had never even heard of the explosion til now, and it still doesn’t interest me… Whatever happened at that lab obviously wasn’t as big of an impact as the fall of abbadon or we would know about it….

I agree to an extent that by voting kiel we would have a fractal that could be followed up on since it was a recent event, but it does not nearly spark my interest as much as the abbadon fractal… I’m pretty sure 90% of Guild Wars 1 fans want something from the game that brought them to playing Guild Wars 2… It’s nostalgic….

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay

in Cutthroat Politics

Mif.3471

I’m not sure how you can compare a Thaumanova Reactor explosion to experiencing a battle with a God. To be honest i had never even heard of the explosion til now, and it still doesn’t interest me… Whatever happened at that lab obviously wasn’t as big of an impact as the fall of abbadon or we would know about it…. .

And once again, you prove my point:

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

So effectively you’re saying in GW1, there wasn’t a choice.

There were plenty of choice, just not what race to pick.

So then now that we have a choice, why make new lore and new content about a GW1 god, about something that happened circa GW1, instead of lore and content that is relevant for GW2?

The gods from GW were always relevant for GW2 but even more so from the moment you were capable of choosing which one to follow in the character creation screen.
Oh and since they’re having the option to implement the abaddon fractal in the first place, I’d say that is definitly lore and content that is relevant for GW2, stop trying to downplay its worth just because you want the asuran reactor.

in Cutthroat Politics

Dan.2940

I’m not sure how you can compare a Thaumanova Reactor explosion to experiencing a battle with a God. To be honest i had never even heard of the explosion til now, and it still doesn’t interest me… Whatever happened at that lab obviously wasn’t as big of an impact as the fall of abbadon or we would know about it…. .

And once again, you prove my point:

Sure, i proved your point, but that is only because the human lore made way more of an impact than the asura lore… If you disagree i’d love to hear how Inquest are a greater threat than the enemies that are/were in human lore.

I may be greatly underestimating the importance of this explosion, but explain to me how they have given any hints to it being important at all? This explosion has been hush hush so we have no clue what could have caused it… Maybe it was Primordus, as far as we know it could very well just have been a wild skritt! We know for a fact that the fall of Abbadon made a huge impact and are a little more guaranteed to receive a fractal we will enjoy and find interesting.

Ehmry Bay

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Thermuva ripped a hole in space and time…this can also possibly affect the mists with chaos magic being mixed in…that should be all you as a bookah need to know, or will understand for the complexities of discussion for other info on the reactor is simply too much for your debacle human brain to handle

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Cutthroat Politics

Dan.2940

Thermuva ripped a hole in space and time…this can also possibly affect the mists with chaos magic being mixed in…that should be all you as a bookah need to know, or will understand for the complexities of discussion for other info on the reactor is simply too much for your debacle human brain to handle

Someones a little too serious about RPing as an asura…
You mention chaos magic being mixed in with the mists, but you yourself don’t even know what that means… BOOKAH. i’ll stick with Evon with my guarenteed epic God battle, instead of having a bunch of magic dust being thrown in my face.

Ehmry Bay

in Cutthroat Politics

Mif.3471

i’ll stick with Evon with my guarenteed epic God battle

So epic that the Devs who design Fractals are more excited about Thaumanova…

I’m hoping for Kiel. But I have a vested interest because my team will probably be working on the fractals.

To shed some light on my bias, our team brainstormed up a bunch of fractals for you guys to pick from and then we settled on the best two. I got pretty excited about Thaumanova, given what we intend for it to entail so I’m Kiel supporter all the way.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m voting for Kiel! I’d honestly rather have a story that destroys Fractals completely….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I think the devs love Azurans because they seem to be critical to every story so far. They were behind all the shenanigans with the settlers in Southsun. Tixx brought the airship to all the cities during Winter’s Day events. SAB was all about an Azuran who wanted to give kids an interesting way to learn. Now they want to build a fractal about an explosion at Thaumanova. Reminds me of Vekk’s poor father who died as we all remember. So Abaddon sounds a lot more interesting to me. Nightfall was a great campaign. I also agree that Evon has a lot more potential for character development in the future. He’s a little mysterious and probably has ties to all sorts of nefarious organizations.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I just had a thought, something that could possibly change everybody’s mind about the Reactor. It was said that it delved in chaos magic…and at some point during the main story they talk about how dragons seem to be linked to chaos magic. So this is how it’s looking, vote Evon if you want to learn more about Abaddon and the old human gods, vote Kiel if you want to know more about the dragons.

I also agree that Evon has a lot more potential for character development in the future. He’s a little mysterious and probably has ties to all sorts of nefarious organizations.

But whose to say we will ever see that if he wins? While he’s shady and could be even worse as a politician, wouldn’t you also like to have him attempt to make Kiel look bad via various underhanded deeds if she wins?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Order of Venvardis.6073

Order of Venvardis.6073

To be honest i had never even heard of the explosion til now, and it still doesn’t interest me… Whatever happened at that lab obviously wasn’t as big of an impact as the fall of abbadon or we would know about it….

Having only played Guild Wars 2, my knowledge of the events of the first game isn’t too expansive. I hadn’t heard much about the “fall of Abaddon” until now. It obviously wasn’t a big deal since I don’t know about it.

Truth is, I want the reactor fractal because it will reveal new information/scenes that NONE of us know about, rather than a fractal that will cater to the players of the original game and leave the newer folks left with less of an impact. Watching human gods battle would be cool, but bound to be less exciting than everyone is making it out to be, and not nearly as relevant to the current-day issue (in Tyria) of the explosion that could be linked to other important issues in the world. There’s no way it will be “just a little asuran lab accident.”

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Voting for Evon Gnashblade is going to involve being back in Orr with the non-undead Risen. Do you want to go back to Orr?

Vote Kiel.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Voting for Evon Gnashblade is going to involve being back in Orr with the non-undead Risen. Do you want to go back to Orr?

Vote Kiel.

Orr has nothing to do with the First Fall, panda.

in Cutthroat Politics

Dan.2940

To be honest i had never even heard of the explosion til now, and it still doesn’t interest me… Whatever happened at that lab obviously wasn’t as big of an impact as the fall of abbadon or we would know about it….

Having only played Guild Wars 2, my knowledge of the events of the first game isn’t too expansive. I hadn’t heard much about the “fall of Abaddon” until now. It obviously wasn’t a big deal since I don’t know about it.

Truth is, I want the reactor fractal because it will reveal new information/scenes that NONE of us know about, rather than a fractal that will cater to the players of the original game and leave the newer folks left with less of an impact. Watching human gods battle would be cool, but bound to be less exciting than everyone is making it out to be, and not nearly as relevant to the current-day issue (in Tyria) of the explosion that could be linked to other important issues in the world. There’s no way it will be “just a little asuran lab accident.”

Lol, you havn’t played GW1 right? So you wouldn’t know…. The fall of abbadon was a HUGE deal in the first game, its long since that event in history happened, that’s why you have no clue that it happened in GW2… I’ve played both games, and i didn’t know about this reactor until now… something that happened recently. This is why the Abbadon fractal needs to win xD, so you people who have no clue about it can learn and see just how epic it is….

I honestly wish they would just put both in since that is what the customer wants.. It’s not like i don’t like the idea of the other fractal, it’s just we don’t know what to expect from it… Everyone is just conjuring ideas about it to make it seem more epic… Ex. They were experimenting with dragon magic, so a dragon will be created from chaos magic, tear a hole in the universe, suck in FotM and spit out the characters from bioshock.

Ehmry Bay

in Cutthroat Politics

Dan.2940

i’ll stick with Evon with my guarenteed epic God battle

So epic that the Devs who design Fractals are more excited about Thaumanova…

I’m hoping for Kiel. But I have a vested interest because my team will probably be working on the fractals.

To shed some light on my bias, our team brainstormed up a bunch of fractals for you guys to pick from and then we settled on the best two. I got pretty excited about Thaumanova, given what we intend for it to entail so I’m Kiel supporter all the way.

Lmao, i thought it was pretty obvious that the devs are voting for Ellen and making forum comments for her to even out the Polls…. It’s pretty one sided to Evon right now and the devs have no clue of what is gonna be in the fractal… They haven’t even started building them yet… they won’t build either until they know who gets elected.. Which to me is wrong… They know how much we want BOTH fractals, so just give us both -_- , i’d rather them spend the time on building both fractals then a new mini game that people only play for the achievements…

EDIT
I read a response from a dev working on the fractal, it seems that they would make the reactor fractal quite awesome aswell, its ashame they couldn’t make both…. TBH as long as both fractals bring something awesome, i don’t care who wins…

Ehmry Bay

(edited by Dan.2940)

in Cutthroat Politics

Mif.3471

The fall of abbadon was a HUGE deal in the first game, its long since that event in history happened, that’s why you have no clue that it happened in GW2… I’ve played both games, and i didn’t know about this reactor until now… something that happened recently. This is why the Abbadon fractal needs to win xD

Quite the opposite.

People need to realize that GW1 is over, and that GW2 is the current game. We should be furthering new stories in GW2 lore, instead of making GW1 prequels for nostalgia.

To abandon GW2 lore and fall back to GW1 lore within a year of release sends GW2’s future down a very dangerous and destructive path.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

We’ve already had three Guild Wars games (Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall) that were set in human lore, and as a result, we have more lore about humans than all of the other four playable races combined.

We don’t need yet another story about the Human gods.

Give one of the other races a change to be in the spotlight.

Vote Kiel.

Yeah but then you’re voting for a Human = More Human Lore.

AmateurNet

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

The fall of abbadon was a HUGE deal in the first game, its long since that event in history happened, that’s why you have no clue that it happened in GW2… I’ve played both games, and i didn’t know about this reactor until now… something that happened recently. This is why the Abbadon fractal needs to win xD

Quite the opposite.

People need to realize that GW1 is over, and that GW2 is the current game. We should be furthering new stories in GW2 lore, instead of making GW1 prequels for nostalgia.

To abandon GW2 lore and fall back to GW1 lore within a year of release sends GW2’s future down a very dangerous and destructive path.

Its a fractal. A fractal isn’t going to End GW2, take a deep breath bud.

AmateurNet

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

ok nobody cares about the lore at all, we vote for abbadon because hes the god of purple lightning giant purple gorillas and the coolest weapon skins from gw1….tormented weapons…..this is the content we want more of, also and most importantly a vote for abbadon tells anet that we want to return to old content from gw1 like elona and cantha, its a gentle hint from us telling them we want a true set of other campaigns like gw1 had

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

on a more important note PRAISE ABBADON ALL HAIL THE DARK GOD , HE SHALL FEAST ON THE EYES OF KIEL SUPPORTERS