Vote Kiel for Destroyers --> Primordus

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

The Thaumanova Reactor fallout was caused by destroyers. Destroyers = Primordus’ Minions.

Vote Kiel to fight Primordus. Duhhh.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

Let’s see: Personality-less megabeast inevitably using large red circle mechanics.

Or play as a God (with personalities) against a God who wanted to give magic to humans and was cast down because of it (aka Prometheus).

No surprise that a Kiel supporter wants an encounter against something without a personality, familiarity and all that.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Or play as a God (with personalities) against a God who wanted to give magic to humans and was cast down because of it (aka Prometheus).

Here’s how that fractal is going to go down:
– start fractal
– run past a bunch of trash mobs summoned by Abaddon
– stop for about .5 seconds to look at the battle between Abaddon and the other five going on in the distance
– fight “legendary” boss summoned by Abaddon
– repeat or skip to heart’s content
– keep paying Evon taxes every time you sell something on the Trading Post

Sounds fun, huh?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

– start fractal
– stop for about .5 seconds to look at the battle between Abaddon and the other five going on in the distance

Sounds fun, huh?

Even if this was so, it’s more fun than the next experiment gone wrong by the asura.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

You’re not going to fight primordus, lets just face that fact right now. You will probably fight a Great destroyer look alike. I hated the Great Destroyer so I think im gonna pass on that one. That said it would probably be more interesting to witness the fall of a god than chernobyl recreated. Even if all we do is fight some abbadon mobs n stuff.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Mathog.3157

Mathog.3157

- keep paying Evon taxes every time you sell something on the Trading Post

So you mean voting for Kiel will remove taxes on TP? I guess it won’t, so what’s the point of this point?

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

You’re not going to fight primordus, lets just face that fact right now. You will probably fight a Great destroyer look alike. I hated the Great Destroyer so I think im gonna pass on that one. That said it would probably be more interesting to witness the fall of a god than chernobyl recreated. Even if all we do is fight some abbadon mobs n stuff.

hmmmm…“abbadon mobs n stuff” vs hordes of unleashed dragon minions, alternate dimension entities and angry displaced beasts from the world over all while an asuran style nuclear reactor is building to critical and you need to get out fast in the style of resident evil games and other survival games allong with “new” lore instead of lore we allready know about.

hmmmmm… your totally right vote nash today.

There i feel totally better now that ive got the sarcasm out of my bloodstream. You know what they say “A post a day keeps your inner warrior at bay”

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

hmmmm…“abbadon mobs n stuff” vs hordes of unleashed dragon minions, alternate dimension entities and angry displaced beasts from the world over all while an asuran style nuclear reactor is building to critical and you need to get out fast in the style of resident evil games and other survival games allong with “new” lore instead of lore we allready know about.

There i feel totally better now that ive got the sarcasm out of my bloodstream. You know what they say “A post a day keeps your inner warrior at bay”

Be realistic here, it wont be nearly as glamorous as you want it to be. The reactor would probably just be to kill destroyer mobs then kill a megadestroyer type boss. Either way it’ll probably be boring like all the other fractals.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

– start fractal

Sounds fun, huh?

-Fight some Inquest
-Kill champion Golem
-Kill Chaos Magic mobs, including some veterans
-Kill some more inquest
-Fight a Legendary Inquest who guards the centre of the reactor
-After you killed the Legendary Inquest, you realise you’re too late and the reactor is about to explode, no stopping it.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Some stupid Asura experiment and ka-boom caused by a bunch of destroyers or epic fight against the God and margonites. I guess the choice is obvious.
We must write a petition to add both.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Let’s see: Personality-less megabeast inevitably using large red circle mechanics.

No surprise that a Kiel supporter wants an encounter against something without a personality, familiarity and all that.

erm… nope Abadon was evil and he wants to make harm – he have done much more things that every one of this ended bad – even humans were praying to the six to take away abaddons “gift” and then abaddon thought he is stronger than the rest and HE started a war.

he was imprisoned and even then he didn’t stop to doing bad thing – it’s because of him Khilbron destroyed orr and after that released titans to tyria.
and because of his serwants (another titans) chars have destroyed Ascalon (cauldron of searing was from titans and by then – from abaddon) madness of Shiro is also counted as his working to came back to tyria – and after all that things, he wanted to come back and destroy all the thing with the nightfall and after that he wass permamently killed – bud still after all – anaddon WAS evil. and You cannot make him “prometeus” of tyria – because he wasn’t.

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

erm… nope Abadon was evil and he wants to make harm – he have done much more things that every one of this ended bad – even humans were praying to the six to take away abaddons “gift” and then abaddon thought he is stronger than the rest and HE started a war.

he was imprisoned and even then he didn’t stop to doing bad thing – it’s because of him Khilbron destroyed orr and after that released titans to tyria.
and because of his serwants (another titans) chars have destroyed Ascalon (cauldron of searing was from titans and by then – from abaddon) madness of Shiro is also counted as his working to came back to tyria – and after all that things, he wanted to come back and destroy all the thing with the nightfall and after that he wass permamently killed – bud still after all – anaddon WAS evil. and You cannot make him “prometeus” of tyria – because he wasn’t.

Abaddon didn’t start out evil. It’s clearly mentioned that his years in the realm of torment changed him. In the beginning he just wanted to gift the races magic. Reason? We don’t know, but seeing that he is the god of secrets, he might have known about the EDs and saw training all races in the arts of magic as a way to fight them. His brethren didn’t agree though, so they asked him to stop.
He wouldn’t however, maybe it was miscommunication, or overconfidence on Abaddon’s part, but whatever the reason, they started fighting and the five gods didn’t like that they had to fight over the matter with their brother. Abaddon on the other hand was outraged, but that doesn’t mean evil. Anyone can get outraged if they feel betrayed by those closest to them.

Only in the realm of torment, locked with his own thoughts of defeat and anger, in this nightmarish environment, Abaddon became what he was in the original GW series.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Be realistic here, it wont be nearly as glamorous as you want it to be. The reactor would probably just be to kill destroyer mobs then kill a megadestroyer type boss. Either way it’ll probably be boring like all the other fractals.

Neither will the fall of abaddon. probably you wont even see him or any god in the whole fractal. you certainly will not become a god as some people are dreaming, dont know what they are smoking. In the end neither fractal will end up as anything but something people skip through as fast as possible, unless by some chance it happens to be easier and faster than any of the other fractals so far, in which case people will like it, but not because its epic, but because its not.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

hmmmm….Inquest mobs and stuff vs. hordes of purple-ish Margonites, the creation of a desert and the desolation from a sea while a god-sized battle is raging and you need to hold back the secretive forces of Abbadon before going and helping the five and Abbadon duke it out along with the incredible amount of magical power used to lock a GOD into the Realm of Torment.

hmmmm….your totally right its not gonna be better than experiment gone wrong (#7280142 by now?)

/sarcasm
It probably won’t be like what either of us described so this is pointless. :P

in Cutthroat Politics

darkace.8925

Even if this was so, it’s more fun than the next experiment gone wrong by the asura.

Playing the Fall of Abaddon is going to be like being an extra in Wrath of the Titans; you’re going to be a grunt fighting whatever trash mobs the evil god summons while the good gods handle the important business. Playing the Reactor Meltdown could be like playing the lead role in Event Horizon; you’re going to have to figure out what threat has entered this dimension and then you’re going to have to survive it!

Event Horizon > Wrath of the Titans

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I don’t want to play as a god if Evon wins, because bad players would just die and make the gods look bad.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

You don’t actually believe it, do you?

There are at least tens of reasons why players will not play as Gods, most likely our role would be reduced to a single soldiers fighting against Abaddons armies…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I have a better plan. It involves luring the last surviving dragons to a remote area in which we trick the dragons into killing one another off. Then at their weakest moment have Trahearne and Destiny’s Edge sacrifice themselves detonating a massive bomb killing multiple birds at once with one giant stone.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

in Cutthroat Politics

darkace.8925

I don’t want to play as a god if Evon wins, because bad players would just die and make the gods look bad.

The gods abandoned their followers in their time of need, they already look bad.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

Abaddon didn’t start out evil. It’s clearly mentioned that his years in the realm of torment changed him. In the beginning he just wanted to gift the races magic. Reason? We don’t know, but seeing that he is the god of secrets, he might have known about the EDs and saw training all races in the arts of magic as a way to fight them. His brethren didn’t agree though, so they asked him to stop.
He wouldn’t however, maybe it was miscommunication, or overconfidence on Abaddon’s part, but whatever the reason, they started fighting and the five gods didn’t like that they had to fight over the matter with their brother. Abaddon on the other hand was outraged, but that doesn’t mean evil. Anyone can get outraged if they feel betrayed by those closest to them.

Only in the realm of torment, locked with his own thoughts of defeat and anger, in this nightmarish environment, Abaddon became what he was in the original GW series.

actually he started – You missed the part when he ordered margonites to devastate temples….

@up They didn’t “abandoned” humans thay leaved tyria, and after nightfall they stoped to lead the humanity by tha hand as children – humans just needed to grow up and having gods that would do anything to save them all didn’t helped that cause…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

actually he started – You missed the part when he ordered margonites to devastate temples….

That was after he already was at odds with the other gods. Defiling the temples is of course evil, but considering how enraged he must have been it’s somewhat understandable (not justified though). Being prone to anger and rage is not a good character trait, but it doesn’t mean you are outright evil, you just aren’t very good at controlling yourself. If it was an evil trait, Balthazar must be considered evil too, since he is a sore loser who likes to punish mortals for being better at him in board games.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

There are I think 3 hints given that Abaddon knew about the ED. I was hoping they would build on that more in GW1, but I guess not. Maybe we can more than just a fract. I think it would be really good if we could have ABaddon return in a way, and help us prepare to fight the ED. I have a feeling he’s still around, just being saved for something important.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Gmr Leon.1846

Gmr Leon.1846

The gods abandoned their followers in their time of need, they already look bad.

The gods look bad for way more reasons, and that is not one. They ditched a millennium before the Elder Dragons even started doing much of anything.

Grydd, asuran engineer perpetually gathering materials.
Member of The Archivists’ Sanctum [Lore], a guild for lore enthusiasts.
The Adventurer’s Log!

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

@up They didn’t “abandoned” humans thay leaved tyria, and after nightfall they stoped to lead the humanity by tha hand as children – humans just needed to grow up and having gods that would do anything to save them all didn’t helped that cause…

It had nothing to do with leading humans by the hand. It had lots more to do with the ED, and the fact that the gods stand a snow balls chance in hell of defeating said dragons. The dragons predate the gods (to be fair so do some of the races), the gods were probably terrified because the only one who knew how to stop them was Abaddon and the gods had him effectively killed. What’s worse is that as players we can’t stop screwing up. We essentially set a murderous undead guy lose in the desert, and killed off the god who was trying to help us prevent all of this madness.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

What on Tyria are you talking about? Abaddon was planning to pull off what 5-6 dragons couldn’t accomplish in 250 years under a few days – maybe a year at best. Had Nightfall been achieved, Torment would’ve swallowed the entirety of the world. Abaddon would’ve corrupted everything.

So to fix your post: We killed off a god whose madness was trying to consume all of Tyria. He had no thought of doing Nightfall out of charity to help prepare the world for elder abominations.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

[snip]
It had nothing to do with leading humans by the hand. It had lots more to do with the ED, and the fact that the gods stand a snow balls chance in hell of defeating said dragons. The dragons predate the gods (to be fair so do some of the races), the gods were probably terrified because the only one who knew how to stop them was Abaddon and the gods had him effectively killed. What’s worse is that as players we can’t stop screwing up. We essentially set a murderous undead guy lose in the desert, and killed off the god who was trying to help us prevent all of this madness.

erm.. nope?
that really gets nothing with Elder Dragons because they leaved more constantly 250 years before first dragon even woken up – and info about their leaving was given to humanity in GW1 at the end of Nightfall campaign – Gate of madnes ending cinematic and Abaddon’s Gate ending cinematic.

going with certain quotes:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gate_of_Madness_%28cinematic%29
interesting thing are:
“Lyssa’s Muse: “This is your world, now. This is your decision….” "
and:
“Yes, there is a choice. We can end this. We don’t have to be driven by gods and their avatars”
and second cinematic:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Abaddon%27s_Gate_%28cinematic%29

“The gods spoke the truth. It is your world. Use it wisely.”
and after that and some things about Gate of Anguish gods are “leaving” once again by lore mean – they don’t intervene into human survival as they did previously.
so after then we have Eye of the North Expansion that is somekind of foretold on the dragons. last epick win of the humanity – but not on their own – they have allied with dwarfes, norns, asura and for a while also with some charr warband to achieve this.

after that we have:
War in Kryta – white mantle lastly defeated
Flame lagion in last try to keep their ruleship over charrs atack once again with searing cauldron Ascalon – Foefire, end of Ascalon as a Human Kingdom.
also now w have massive wave of human’s defeates – Palawa Yoko are finally Conquering Elona, actually only humans at the Cantha are making well until Zhaitan rises and Lions arch is destroyed and battle isles sunken. Also rest of dragons are awakening.

humans built Divinity’s reach and now in their relationship with other races are in very defensive “Human race once ruled tyria – now we struggle to hold our land”
and all that bad things started to begining nearly 250 before GW2 and before Elder dragons awakening just because Human gods stoped to intervene to save their children before all the harm.
so argument that they left because of ED is invalid.

PS. we killed a guy that wanted to destroy all tyria in revenge on tha other five and was bringing only madness on their followers (Varesh Ossa could be great Warmarshal if not destructive influence of Abaddon)

PS2. fact that some creature predates another one have nothing to the power of it – fantasy worlds are filled with examples when Younger being defeated the older – because was more powerfull despite of being younger.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

One thing that people seem to be missing is that the gods “left” twice. Once, in the year 0 AE they actually left the physical world (they had been dwelling in Arah). And a second time, as referenced by Lord Trejgon, around the end of Nightfall where they stopped leading humans by the hand (or shirt).

I have heard a line of idle dialogue from some (presumably) Norn that I think can also be applied here: “I pray the Spirits of the Wild, but they rarely answer.” So while it is possible that Abbadon, before he fell from his seat of power, informed them of the EDs, I think it is not one of the most likely answers

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

The spirits of the wild are not the human gods. The spirits of the wild are beasts in the mist that the shamans commune with to gain insight in their troubles.

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

The spirits of the wild are not the human gods. The spirits of the wild are beasts in the mist that the shamans commune with to gain insight in their troubles.

The Spirits of the Wild have nothing to do with my point, I was just directly quoting from the game something the could be applied (where “the Spirits of the Wild” can be replaced with the Human Gods). I thought I had made that clear. If not, sorry.

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

The human gods have essentially forsaken the humans (although they will lend them some power, as seen by the human racial skills). It’s not right comparing the human gods with the norn gods as it’s two separate entities (although the Quaggan god and the Human Gods are comparable as the Quaggan god Mellagan has a very high probability of being the human god Melandru).

And you can’t just replace the gods like that. Otherwise the gods are always all around us aiding and speaking to us, as seen by the Eternal Alchemy (similar to the chaos theory on a very large-scale).

in Cutthroat Politics

DeShadowWolf.6854

I’m not trying to compare or replace them, it is just a quote that I think can be applied to the Human Gods as well. I do agree that the Human Gods and the Spirits of the Wild are incredibly different pantheons and cannot, by the nature of what they are, be compared and contrasted, but I think you are missing the entire point (that sentence, imo, can be applied to both, because they are both in the state of awareness of the world, but do not always respond to prayers (unless they are from the player ;P ) ).

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I think it’s 100% safe to say that the human gods knew about the Elder Dragons, since the Forgotten were fighting them during their last rise, and the Forgotten were devotees of the gods. I would think they would give them a heads up about powerful magical entities like that.

The knowledge that Abaddon might have had on the Elder Dragons, and anything else for that matter, went to Kormir after she took his mantle of godhood.

As for the enemies in the fractals themselves…

Abaddon’s would have mostly humans in it. The Margonites, at the time, were still very much human. They only became demons after they were sealed into the Realm of Torment with Abaddon. They might have some powerful ice elementals in there, to go with Abaddon’s water element, but I think that’s about it.

The Reactor would have mostly Inquest and golems, of course. If the chaos magic starts leaking out before the meltdown/explosion, we could possibly get anything from around Tyria. Surprisingly, if the Mists are open and the chaos magic can reach into them, this fractual has more of a chance to get demons than Abaddon’s does. The Mists loves to make demons, for whatever reason.

Which one I choose will really depend on their treatment. If it is just going to be another fractal they add to the rotation of FotM, i’ll probably choose the Reactor. If it’s going to be a full dungeon, and it is only be taking place in FotM (for it’s staging area and entrance), i’ll probably choose Abaddon’s.

The Reactor would better fit into the FotM. Abaddon deserves his own dungeon.

in Cutthroat Politics

Esplen.3940

The reactor could have something to do with Inquest, but there were destroyers seen at the explosion. So possibly meddling Inquest ruined something which caused Destroyers to appear on the scene.

If you run around in Rata Sum, there are some children talking. Their parents say different things happen. One of them says it was Inquest, the other says it was Destroyers.

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: jblade.6470

jblade.6470

I just can’t take another Asuran lab dungeon/Fractal and curious how well they can handle some pre-GW1 lore. The biggest disappointment I had with GW2 was the lack of ties to the original game, but I also don’t expect the Fractal to be as amazing as many thing it will be. But compared to another Asura lab, Abaddon gets my vote hands down.

in Cutthroat Politics

Lord Trejgon.2809

I think it’s 100% safe to say that the human gods knew about the Elder Dragons, since the Forgotten were fighting them during their last rise, and the Forgotten were devotees of the gods. I would think they would give them a heads up about powerful magical entities like that.

The knowledge that Abaddon might have had on the Elder Dragons, and anything else for that matter, went to Kormir after she took his mantle of godhood.

As for the enemies in the fractals themselves…

Abaddon’s would have mostly humans in it. The Margonites, at the time, were still very much human. They only became demons after they were sealed into the Realm of Torment with Abaddon. They might have some powerful ice elementals in there, to go with Abaddon’s water element, but I think that’s about it.

The Reactor would have mostly Inquest and golems, of course. If the chaos magic starts leaking out before the meltdown/explosion, we could possibly get anything from around Tyria. Surprisingly, if the Mists are open and the chaos magic can reach into them, this fractual has more of a chance to get demons than Abaddon’s does.

The Mists loves to make demons, for whatever reason.

Which one I choose will really depend on their treatment. If it is just going to be another fractal they add to the rotation of FotM, i’ll probably choose the Reactor. If it’s going to be a full dungeon, and it is only be taking place in FotM (for it’s staging area and entrance), i’ll probably choose Abaddon’s.

The Reactor would better fit into the FotM. Abaddon deserves his own dungeon.

When I read that first not snipped line first thing I though about was Foundry of Failed Creations….

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

And the Fall one won’t? Neither fractals will have much story in them, just like all the current ones (except possibly the Charr/Ascalon one).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Cutthroat Politics

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Sounds fun, huh?

We need a Kamadan fractal where the player has to successfully sell their req 15 15^50 purple Bramble Bow at market value without the use of the TP. Maybe then people will stop singling out the 15% TP tax as one of the worst things to happen to Tyria.