Canach among EotM Screens

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Illi.3647

Illi.3647

So I was just browsing Gamebreaker.tv and stumbled upon article about EotM update. I guesed, there will be nothing new, but opened it anyway. Boy, I was wrong!

http://wac.7725.edgecastcdn.net/807725/website/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Lions-Arch-Canach-Jail-1024x576.jpg

So we will maybe get some more of Canach in this update! I´m genuinely surprised, as I wasn´t expecting Canach to make appearance anytime soon. Check the article for another screenshots, if you want

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news/new-wvw-experience-latest-guild-wars-2-update/#!

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well that screenshot of Sparky (or whatever the Taimi’s golem’s name is) doesn’t bode well for Taimi either.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

wow…..I almost forgot there was a Sylvari in the Living World without a god complex.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Scruffy, its called.

Wow, Rox looks even more awful than ever.

(edited by GuzziHero.2467)

in The Edge of the Mists

skullmount.1758

Scruffy, its called.

Ahh, I’ve seen it called Sparky somewhere, could have been what a player was calling it.

Darkhaven server

in The Edge of the Mists

Illi.3647

Scruffy, its called.

Ahh, I’ve seen it called Sparky somewhere, could have been what a player was calling it.

Zojja´s golem is called Mr. Sparkles. That may have caused the confusion

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Oh good god what the heck have the done to Rox? Her eyes are back to being FREAKY ANIME HUGE like they were when she was first announced. I like the way she looks currently, with reasonably sized eyes. I hope they aren’t making her look stupid and horrifying again.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in The Edge of the Mists

skullmount.1758

Scruffy, its called.

Zojja´s golem is called Mr. Sparkles. That may have caused the confusion

Na, I know her Golems name. I know I read Sparky somewhere here on the forums.

Darkhaven server

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

wow…..I almost forgot there was a Sylvari in the Living World without a god complex.

LOL. I actually found I liked Canach’s character development in this update. He seems to have learned from his mistakes which is something nice to see from a character who screwed up everything they touched in the past. It was particularly nice to see that Canach intends to stay away from Southsun and finally realized he has always done more harm than good. It was the first time I found myself having interest in the character to any degree which is a good change.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Suserihime.1506

Suserihime.1506

why do i have a feeling that canach will be the final member of DE 2.0?

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I actually found I liked Canach’s character development in this update.

I was a bit worried. I always hoped for some anti-hero character with moral ambiguity. Canach was perfect for that role. But new reformed Canach 2.0 might be just next bland one dimensional good hero like every other in GW2. Hope not, devs with inclusion of gay relationship showed that they want game to be more realistic, mature(how it ended up it’s topic of other discussion), why not creating less black and white world along the way?

in The Edge of the Mists

Illi.3647

why do i have a feeling that canach will be the final member of DE 2.0?

because he probably will…if you ask me, he was just cool as solo anti-hero

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Lol Lol Lol Guy.1976

Lol Lol Lol Guy.1976

Oh good god what the heck have the done to Rox? Her eyes are back to being FREAKY ANIME HUGE like they were when she was first announced. I like the way she looks currently, with reasonably sized eyes. I hope they aren’t making her look stupid and horrifying again.

SO glad I’m not the only one who thought she looked incredibly stupid.

in The Edge of the Mists

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

It’s not only obvious that he is going to be a new member of the upcoming guild but even how he will become that member.

Talk to him, he has four pieces of dialogue, three of which consist of “I don’t know” and “I regret my actions” and a fourth which goes in depth in to a part of the LA legal system called a Billet. A billet is a bill of any prisoners remaining debt to society, which can be purchased by anyone to the end that the prisoner serve the remainder of his time as an indentured servant to the holder of the billet. This is, for example, how the LA Arena gets most of its gladiators.

So the real question is just which member of the new guild is going to make the purchase. I’m betting on Taimi or Marjory, as Kasmeer, Braham, and Rox are dirt poor.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in The Edge of the Mists

sAdam.5876

@Lol Lol Lol Guy
I think creators didn’t want too animalistic character that would be not so relate-able. In the end they went overboard in opposite direction. That’s just my theory. Maybe somebody just miss clicked during character creation.

in The Edge of the Mists

sAdam.5876

@ Conncept
I’m betting Kas+Jory because Braham don’t know anything about him and Rox wants to finish job on her own. Alternatively Elen Kiel might buy his bill to fight fire with fire in a way.

Sry for double post