Evon Gnashblade - Hero of Lion's Arch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The Kiel supporters/trolls are so silly.

Clearly the lion guard are overwhelmed/not up to par. Who is their captain? Keil.

What was the lion guard doing in Maguuma and Caledonian forest while Scarlet was planning to attack LA with her marionette? Better ask captain Keil.

So is Keil somebody who shirks responsibility for the failures of her charge, or is she affirmatively responsible for all of the lion guard screwups.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The Kiel supporters/trolls are so silly.

Clearly the lion guard are overwhelmed/not up to par. Who is their captain? Keil.

What was the lion guard doing in Maguuma and Caledonian forest while Scarlet was planning to attack LA with her marionette? Better ask captain Keil.

So is Keil somebody who shirks responsibility for the failures of her charge, or is she affirmatively responsible for all of the lion guard screwups.

Actually….Magnus is the leader of the Lionguard…
Kiel took her orders from him…for those that recall events prior to the election.

“Captain Magnus “the Bloody-Handed” Irondawn is the norn captain of the Cormorant, and the current leader of the Lionguard."

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magnus

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Kiel took her orders from him…for those that recall events prior to the election.

“Captain Magnus “the Bloody-Handed” Irondawn is the norn captain of the Cormorant, and the current leader of the Lionguard."

Of all the people to listen to Kiel, Magnus should have been the first. Either she failed to suggest recalling all non-essential Lionguard back to LA, or Magnus like the rest of the council is just as daft as the rubble I’ve been salvaging heirlooms from for their mistakes.
Either way, Kiel’s fault or not, I doubt the captain’s council will be much of the same after this incident. For a faction that prided themselves as notable defenders even from attacks from Zhaitan, this is just… Sad?

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Of all the people to listen to Kiel, Magnus should have been the first. Either she failed to suggest recalling all non-essential Lionguard back to LA, or Magnus like the rest of the council is just as daft as the rubble I’ve been salvaging heirlooms from for their mistakes.
Either way, Kiel’s fault or not, I doubt the captain’s council will be much of the same after this incident. For a faction that prided themselves as notable defenders even from attacks from Zhaitan, this is just… Sad?

The council did seem rather…. haughty. It makes sense that people with their noses so far in the air wouldn’t listen to reason and would end up getting their teeth kicked in. Sadly, the rest of LA suffers for their…egos.

Yes, Kiel needed to remember her ‘humble beginnings,’ but I can’t completely fault her for this ineptitude. She’s the newest member on the council. The more senior members should have had more sense.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

We knew it’s coming. We warned you, but you didn’t want to listen. Now suffer.

#EVON!

If he knew it was coming, why didn’t he get his inventory out of the city?

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I voted for Evon
he doesn’t take crap and doesn’t risk it either :P

He would have made sure La was prepared for this assault

… and yet he wasn’t, himself…

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I voted for Evon
he doesn’t take crap and doesn’t risk it either :P

He would have made sure La was prepared for this assault

… and yet he wasn’t, himself…

While we understand that Evon is a great hero, even he can’t defend an entire city himself. But he tries, and that’s more than what Kiel ever did.

As is the life of a hero. It’s a thankless job.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

With the upcoming battle at Lion’s Arch, we’re going to need a true leader! Evon Gnashblade has proven to everyone that he’s the true hero of LA, and I predict he’ll be saving the city for a second time.

Here is your precious “true leader” leaving helpless citizens behind closed asura gates.

Attachments:

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Smooth Penguin.5294

Here is your precious “true leader” leaving helpless citizens behind closed asura gates.

Here, I’ll leave this for you, since this is the 4th time someone tried to use the same argument to smear the great name of Evon Gnashblade.

Sometimes, even great heroes like Evon need to make a choice of the lesser of two evils. Either save his wares in order for us to have equipment to fight the bad guys, or leave the equipment behind, thus leaving us with less to fight with.

Because there are many asura gates for people to use, Evon made the correct choice. And shutting it down prevented the people from running into the Dolyak convoy as they rushed through, thus preventing more injuries. Players must have equipment in order to fight back. Without it, we’d have no chance. As expected of a great leader like Evon to always be one step ahead of the enemy. I wouldn’t have been strong enough to make that same decision myself.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Just because you keep repeating it, doesn’t make it true.

But hey, why should we listen to you anyway? You’re just trolling everybody by playing the ultimate Gnashblade fanboy. I mean, judging from the way you argue and the way you formulate your sentences, you seem way too intelligent to actually support that goon. Besides, all your posts about his “heroics” are so full of sarcasm it’s practically dripping off my screen. Bravo sir, bravo

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Brate.8406

Brate.8406

With all the interest this topic has had I am surprised no one has taken the time to get it on fraps…

Here is a hastily captured video (comments disabled cause evon fan-boy’s are the worst).

Smooth Penguin.5294

But hey, why should we listen to you anyway? You’re just trolling everybody by playing the ultimate Gnashblade fanboy. I mean, judging from the way you argue and the way you formulate your sentences, you seem way too intelligent to actually support that goon. Besides, all your posts about his “heroics” are so full of sarcasm it’s practically dripping off my screen. Bravo sir, bravo

Not sure what you’re getting at. I’m just a mere supporter speaking the truth to everyone. Evon, being the great hero that he is, does what he needs to in order to protect the citizens of Lion’s Arch. Had he been elected to the Council, the city wouldn’t have been destroyed. Minstrels sing songs about what “could have been”. But I’m not surprised that Kiel supporters continue their on-going campaign to smear Evon, even after all the advanced warnings he gave about the imminent attack. It seems it’s more important to make Kiel look good, than for her protect the city.

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

I think it’s neither Kiel nor Evon’s fault. There was suppose to be a trade agreement with the Zephyrites. That is what the whole election was about… and getting someone to fill the council seat.

I have yet to hear what Lion’s Arch was suppose to get out of the agreement, but what ever it could be could have been used to help protect LA. I mean all those Air powers would have blown the miasma away permanently I would think or blow the airships away.

whether it was Evon or Kiel, the Zephyrites held out.

OmaiGodman.2098

Not sure what you’re getting at. I’m just a mere supporter speaking the truth to everyone. Evon, being the great hero that he is, does what he needs to in order to protect the citizens of Lion’s Arch. Had he been elected to the Council, the city wouldn’t have been destroyed. Minstrels sing songs about what “could have been”. But I’m not surprised that Kiel supporters continue their on-going campaign to smear Evon, even after all the advanced warnings he gave about the imminent attack. It seems it’s more important to make Kiel look good, than for her protect the city.

I’m pretty sure it would have made no difference. Instead of Kiel moping that the council won’t listen to her, it would have been Evon, and instead of Evon moping nobody listened to him, it would have been Kiel.

So in the end they both would be moping about people not listening to them, just in different places. The outcome would have been the same, the council would have ignored all warnings and LA would have been destroyed nontheless.

In the end, it’s not Kiel’s fault, or Evon’s, it’s the council’s fault for ignoring obvious warnings Scarlet was building up to something big.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Ah, but as we all know the council are a bunch of pirates. And a clever businessman like Evon would know how to get the council to vote on something. He has leverage, which is why he is the right man for the job. You might not like him, but the council is an ex-pirate council. You’re not going to get anything done by being nice, which Kiel just learned the hard way. Evon is entirely right. The blood of all those dead civilians is on the hands of both the Council and Kiel. They brought this theater of death upon them selves, and us.

And in regards to Evon closing the gate, he was entire right to do so. Those supplies needed to be brought to safety, and those civilians should simply head for the other exits. If we can run to the exits, than so can they. Besides, we can’t have a bunch of Aetherblades or Krait going through that portal after the Dolyaks. Our supplies need to be secured, if we want to have even the slightest chance of striking back at our foes.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Sharvis.9085

Sharvis.9085

Sometimes, even great heroes like Evon need to make a choice of the lesser of two evils. Either save his wares in order for us to have equipment to fight the bad guys, or leave the equipment behind, thus leaving us with less to fight with.

Exactly! Such an honorable man. He was willing to offer all his wares to help the effort. No Lionguard had to get him to help and prevent him from fleeing once more. He’s always been such a helper and never whines or complains at all. kitten Kiel, fighting for us, like that helps or something.

OmaiGodman.2098

Ah, but as we all know the council are a bunch of pirates. And a clever businessman like Evon would know how to get the council to vote on something. He has leverage, which is why he is the right man for the job. You might not like him, but the council is an ex-pirate council. You’re not going to get anything done by being nice, which Kiel just learned the hard way. Evon is entirely right. The blood of all those dead civilians is on the hands of both the Council and Kiel. They brought this theater of death upon them selves, and us.

And in regards to Evon closing the gate, he was entire right to do so. Those supplies needed to be brought to safety, and those civilians should simply head for the other exits. If we can run to the exits, than so can they. Besides, we can’t have a bunch of Aetherblades or Krait going through that portal after the Dolyaks. Our supplies need to be secured, if we want to have even the slightest chance of striking back at our foes.

Because clearly some supplies are more important than the lives of the people who didn’t make it to the other exits.

Hmm, love capitalism. Let’s get rich over the dead bodies of others

Smooth Penguin.5294

Because clearly some supplies are more important than the lives of the people who didn’t make it to the other exits.

Hmm, love capitalism. Let’s get rich over the dead bodies of others

I’ll just leave this here:

Because there are many asura gates for people to use, Evon made the correct choice. And shutting it down prevented the people from running into the Dolyak convoy as they rushed through, thus preventing more injuries. Players must have equipment in order to fight back. Without it, we’d have no chance. As expected of a great leader like Evon to always be one step ahead of the enemy. I wouldn’t have been strong enough to make that same decision myself.

OmaiGodman.2098

Maybe you should come with new, better arguments when your current ones aren’t enough to convince people. Just repeating the same argument over and over won’t change my mind on it not holding up.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

1) first it is disputed who closed the asura gates, on one side people think it could have been evon gnashblade, like the event plays out, or it could be captain shrud who says herself that she “Off-lined the gates” to prevent scarlets forces from invading other capitals through the asura gate system.

2) Supplies are necessary to mount a counter offensive, that being said Gnashblade had no intention of assisting with this counter offensive until threatened.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Smooth Penguin.5294

Maybe you should come with new, better arguments when your current ones aren’t enough to convince people. Just repeating the same argument over and over won’t change my mind on it not holding up.

I’m just repeating the truth, because so many people are using the same arguments to try and smear the name of a great hero.

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

2) Supplies are necessary to mount a counter offensive, that being said Gnashblade had no intention of assisting with this counter offensive until threatened.

This exactly. Gnashblade wasn’t using his supplies for anything except making a profit. He had to be conscripted under threat of death to get him to do the right thing. That’s no hero. That’s a greedy coward.

#TeamKiel

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

This exactly. Gnashblade wasn’t using his supplies for anything except making a profit. He had to be conscripted under threat of death to get him to do the right thing. That’s no hero. That’s a greedy coward.
#TeamKiel

The fact the Lionguard were undermanned and under equipped was beyond pathetic. Evon shouldn’t have even been forced to hand over his goods if there was a competent captain and council to actually handle the military force they control properly rather than essentially mug a businessman to cover their kitten .

Would you give up your legendaries, ascended trinkets and gear just because you AFK’d in LA and someone decided that because you had the goods, you are to be forced to hand them over to others with no question or return reward? I doubt many would so willingly hand over things they grinded over constantly and worked for at a mere whim.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Btw…Story of lion arch…Captain counsel supposed to be quite rich. But, instead of paying for goods, they decided to rob the guy, whom they didnt even choose to be in counsel. Yomm, at least, was chosen in counsel and so it was his duty to defend lion arch. Evon…he is just random, but rich citizen. He owes them nothing.

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

Evon eats babies, it is an established fact…

Lies , why didn’t he eat Taimi then. -.-

He doesn’t like raisins!

Posted by: Inugami.1328

Inugami.1328

this is what happens when ppl read this thread

Attachments:

(edited by Inugami.1328)