**Spoilers** Marjory's Sister

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

The conversation Marjory’s sister comes in and spews some pointless banter,and then mentions her deployment to the Brisban Wildlands
What made this interesting was people have already speculated about Fort Vandal and what is being defended by lvl 80 Champs
It connects an area of known map to the unknown in this game that is pretty plot specific to the LS.

Did anyone else have this “Ah HA!” moment when catching this?

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

(edited by Sankofa Jimiyu.1567)

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

When I saw that conversation I said to myself, “You’re probably going to die or be in grave danger. That’ll get the group to go there and, possibly face Mordremoth’s minions.”

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

I hope it’s the latter, I’d like the chance to get to know her.
I vaguely remember the fort from my early Sylvari days, but not the champs. That’s got to be new. Yeah, as soon as Belinda said that I had the aha moment.
I guess we can consider it a teaser for season 2?

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

She seemed like a walking plot device, all she was missing was her red uniform.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Marjory’s sister will die and then Marjory will mourn her dead sister, and her mother will ask Marjory to avenge her dead sister and kill Mordremoth.

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Doesn’t matter. New maps!

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Doesn’t matter. New maps!

Jory’s lookin’ for her sister
(Doesn’t matter. New maps! )
But she cried the whole time
I think the story’s quite contrived
It’s all part of living story
(Still counts!)

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Now I got that melody stuck in my head. Thanks! XD

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

to tell the truth i like having hints where the story going to go makes me have a lot more interest then the previous story

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

She seemed like a walking plot device, all she was missing was her red uniform.

She doesn’t have to die, but she does look like a transparent attempt to give Marjory a reason to be involved in any future Brisban content.

Honestly I don’t feel like enough questions from Season 1 were answered and we are already looking at Season 2.

Posted by: Lord Mcintoch.6250

Lord Mcintoch.6250

I vaguely remember the fort from my early Sylvari days, but not the champs. That’s got to be new.

Those champion archers on the wall of that fort have always been there.

“Many call me crazy, many are dead now…”

Klaww Ironflame (Desolation)

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Lol! My guild fought those champs last evening!
10 level 80 champs that take virtually no damage. The only thing that works on them are reflections, they slowly kill themselves while attacking you.

You need a large zerg of guardians and mesmers for constant WoR, etc. We managed to get 2 of them before we all wiped. They throw some very nasty AoE around.

There are 2 un-programmed asura gates very close by, 1 is inside the Fort just behind the wall the champs patrol. Obviously these gates will be used for something at some point,

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Belinda doesn’t really need to have any real involvement in the plot for Marjory to get involved at this point. Even though Marjory and Kasmeer originally came involved with Scarlet due to the investigations at Dragon Bash, I’m pretty sure she feels some sort of bond with the rest of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 that she would go with them for shenanigans.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Yeah I thought the same. Most LS patches hint at the next spot for LS in one line or another, and this would be that line for the next season.

And yeah, I suspect Marjory will lose her sister. Points for using the default “Nooooooooo!!!”-moment if she’s permanently crippled or so, instead. Which would be massively cruel, but that’d be the point.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Belinda doesn’t really need to have any real involvement in the plot for Marjory to get involved at this point. Even though Marjory and Kasmeer originally came involved with Scarlet due to the investigations at Dragon Bash, I’m pretty sure she feels some sort of bond with the rest of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 that she would go with them for shenanigans.

Heck aren’t we just in it for the shenanigans?

NPC recruiter: “Random Moles are attacking villages, you in?”
Protagonist: “I don’t know if I can fit you in between slaughtering zombies and spamming cannons at Zhaitan.”
NPC recruiter: “They’ll be shenanigans”
Protagonist: “Tell Trahearne he can fire his own cannons!”

…Fire and Frost in a nutshell.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Heck aren’t we just in it for the shenanigans?

NPC recruiter: “Random Moles are attacking villages, you in?”
Protagonist: “I don’t know if I can fit you in between slaughtering zombies and spamming cannons at Zhaitan.”
NPC recruiter: “They’ll be shenanigans”
Protagonist: “Tell Trahearne he can fire his own cannons!”

…Fire and Frost in a nutshell.

Nice! First laugh of the day! Thanks!

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I was expecting some real answers about Scarlet, her motives and her rapid rise to power but all I got was Old ’Linda Delaqua and some awkward pauses in dialogue.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The conversation Marjory’s sister comes in and spews some pointless banter,and then mentions her deployment to the Brisban Wildlands

… “next week”.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I was pretty annoyed at Belinda’s random intrusion into the story. She didn’t fit the setting and just felt out of place, until she said where she was going. Then she became a ham fisted introduction to Season 2. Obviously something will happen to her and be our launching point into why we’re going into Maguuma.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I vaguely remember the fort from my early Sylvari days, but not the champs. That’s got to be new.

Those champion archers on the wall of that fort have always been there.

Have they always been level 80? Seem like that would have raised eyebrows if it were the case before the LS was even introduced.

Of course I’ll have to go investigate myself, now.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

What made this interesting was people have already speculated about Fort Vandal and what is being defended by lvl 80 Champs
It connects an area of known map to the unknown in this game that is pretty plot specific to the LS.

Did anyone else have this “Ah HA!” moment when catching this?

Attachments:

Pineapples

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I cringed listening to the voice actress voicing the sister (sounded like she was reading queue cards), and came to the conclusion that Anet must think we are stupid, the way they feel they must lead us by the nose to make connections.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Have they always been level 80? Seem like that would have raised eyebrows if it were the case before the LS was even introduced.

Yes they have always been there, yes they have always been level 80 and yes it has already been theorized nearly 2 years ago that we’ll one day have to investigate this fort.

(edited by RedStar.4218)

Tanith.5264

Awesome. I was wandering the area last night, but was sticking to the chasm in the Gallowfields instead. I’d found so many new/unfamiliar tunnels and caves in LA I guess I was expecting to see them everywhere.

Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

Yes they have always been there, yes they have always been level 80 and yes it has already been theorized nearly 2 years ago that we’ll one day have to investigate this fort.

Then they have been planning this from the start. They seem to leave themselves openings for places to come back to later. Another example would be the stairs down marked on Divinity’s Reach’s ground floor map, yet there is no door or access. Also the gates to Elona near Ebonhawke that are shut. Does anyone remember having gates to Cragstead on the map before Flame & Frost introduced an area behind them? I think it’s great that these future expansion areas are around.
It does raise the question of how those 80’s are gonna be delt with, since it is a 20’s zone. Most likely an instance.

Tanith.5264

I think the 80’s serve the same purpose as the “SuperOrcs” that appeared in LOTRO just before the Mirkwood expansion went live. They were placed across the Anduin river east of Lothlorien and any player attempting to swim the river to explore the new land mass was in for a rude (and fatal) surprise.

Gate of Madness server

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

I cringed listening to the voice actress voicing the sister (sounded like she was reading queue cards), and came to the conclusion that Anet must think we are stupid, the way they feel they must lead us by the nose to make connections.

pretty sure the voice actress who does taimi is marjory’s sister.. and possibly also the lionguard healer in gendarran.. she has amazing range and i found it spared the character who was otherwise as out of place as kasmeer’s little backstory monologue.. which was also well done.. i could be hearing wrong though, i also think braham is evon gnashblade

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I too had an “a-ha!” moment when she said she’s being deployed to Brisban. Figured, well she’s gonna die and Jory is going to rush to fight the new dragon threat.

Frankly, I hope she does die. Cannot stand any more of that voice acting. It sounded so wooden and cue-card-read. Plus, it’ll give Jory & Kasmeer a reason to join us in Maguuma. And hopefully, that’ll pull the rest of the Bionics there too. And then they meet up with The Pact and Destiny’s Edge and I command them all !!!!!!!!!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

I too had an “a-ha!” moment when she said she’s being deployed to Brisban. Figured, well she’s gonna die and Jory is going to rush to fight the new dragon threat.

Frankly, I hope she does die. Cannot stand any more of that voice acting. It sounded so wooden and cue-card-read. Plus, it’ll give Jory & Kasmeer a reason to join us in Maguuma. And hopefully, that’ll pull the rest of the Bionics there too. And then they meet up with The Pact and Destiny’s Edge and I command them all !!!!!!!!!

Really? My impression was, “Ah, the 1st of the DE Mk III has been revealed.”

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Did Marjory look exactly like her sister? Is there some impersonation storyline to come in the future? Is Kasmeer going to be fooled?

Posted by: Echou.1923

Echou.1923

She’s so getting gibbed. Might as well give her a red shirt and a sign with a flashing “kill me” neon text.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Then they have been planning this from the start. They seem to leave themselves openings for places to come back to later. Another example would be the stairs down marked on Divinity’s Reach’s ground floor map, yet there is no door or access. Also the gates to Elona near Ebonhawke that are shut. Does anyone remember having gates to Cragstead on the map before Flame & Frost introduced an area behind them? I think it’s great that these future expansion areas are around.
It does raise the question of how those 80’s are gonna be delt with, since it is a 20’s zone. Most likely an instance.

Cragstead didn’t exist at launch, no. It was added maybe a month or so before the Flame and Frost update that used it though, so that’s something.

No doubt there are places in the game that are basically left wide-open for expansion, though. There are numerous empty areas between zones and blocked-off pathways that look very much like they ought to lead somewhere. I remember one particular area where there’s a big wall blocking off a sort of valley through a mountain area (that might even be in Brisban as well, not 100% sure) at the edge of the zone, and of course many others that have been discussed in this thread or elsewhere. Then of course there’s the obvious gates into Dominion of the Winds in both Lion’s Arch and Caledon Forest.

As for how we’d deal with the level 80’s if there is indeed an expansion into Ft. Vandal… they’d probably just be removed one way or another. Either via a forced story instance (like the one everyone got when they entered Kessex Hills during Tower of Nightmares) or they’ll just vanish or get delevelled naturally. Or heck, maybe the place’ll get bombed by the dragon or something. Who knows, there are plenty of possibilities.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

With all respect for ArenaNet, most of us did complain about the complete and utter lack of a cohesive storyline for season 1.

It got better towards the end, but by that point everyone already hated Scarlet because she just seemed to randomly come out of nowhere. No exposition.
Same with the whole attack on Lion’s Arch. We weren’t really given any definitive clues as to the reason behind her actions until the first patch this year.

That whole “clue-finding” thing should have been pieced together as a part of each LS release. Not saved up for one “release”. Feature speculation in-game as to what her ultimate goal was. However, instead they tried to keep us in the dark.

Good stories have at least some foreshadowing.

Surprises are nice, but you still need to somehow cohesively weave the different pieces of the story together.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep. I definitely got the feeling we’ll be paying a visit to Fort Vandal soon.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I actually saw it coming immediately, but more importantly I cant help but feel that people have this all wrong.

I actually suspect, Belinda may be the beginning of a new LS team, since the reliability of voice actors is untrustworthy, we may be seeing a return of some chars, while others get shelved.

E.g. Kas/Jory who are great and I would love them for eternity, but they do need some time off now to enjoy their company together.

This leaves room for Rox, Braham and Taimi to get some srs char development, while adding Belinda, and possibly redeemed Canach to their party.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

There’s several obvious blocked portals around the world. For example, there’s one in northwest Frostgorge, one in southeast Maelstrom, and one in western Sparkfly.

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

There were always construction towers on vigil HQ, so the moment living story came out and they mentioned the world evolving like a real world, I wondered if they would actually finish the consruction there… likewise I wondered if the dam by divinities reach would be completed, but hey, one out of two… at any rate it wouldn’t make sense for the dam to be finished, sense there is a quest requiring you to help with the repairs. as for the fort in brisbian wildlands, we all know it is ran by bandates, the reminants of the white mantal, and possibly their base of operations… I would love if LS went in this direction ;3

Posted by: Plagiarised.2865

Plagiarised.2865

The conversation Marjory’s sister comes in and spews some pointless banter

I just wanted to say that none of the conversations were pointless banter. They either: built up Marjory’s character, Belinda’s character, or Marjory’s behavior around family.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

I think the 80’s serve the same purpose as the “SuperOrcs” that appeared in LOTRO just before the Mirkwood expansion went live. They were placed across the Anduin river east of Lothlorien and any player attempting to swim the river to explore the new land mass was in for a rude (and fatal) surprise.

That didn’t stop us from trying! Ah, those were the glory days of LotRO.