Weyandt's Revenge

Weyandt's Revenge

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

I don’t know if this has been asked before since the search didn’t yield any results. Is this jumping puzzle still possible? I have tried entering it several times and I die every time at the point that Weyandt starts talking to you and you have to go down that first hole.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Is that the pirate puzzle? Because I just did it yesterday or the day before, and I got through just fine.

Although I’ll admit I’m always a little scared I’ll end up defeated.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

It’s still doable, as are the two other JPs in LA.

The first “slide” into the JP has always been a hit or miss.

One – Piken Square

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: adamws.2681

adamws.2681

I must’ve done this JP at least 300 times and can confirm something has changed, just today I’ve died far too many times on the first slide down, and have noticed broken landscape graphics in places.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I’ve never died on the drop before, and now suddenly I die all the time. I’ve already reported this as a bug in the game.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

It has been like that since the assault by Scarlet. Before that, in the early months, it has been near impossible to slide down safely. Then it got easier, to the points that i didnt even had to aim specificly, and i still survived without a scratch. Used to do daily jumping puzzle there. Now, since Scarlet, its as hit and miss as it was on release.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Shin Phoenix.9243

Shin Phoenix.9243

I did this in the early hours of yesterday morning, less than 36 hours ago (I’m an insomniac, deal with it ).

I died on the first 4-5 attempts on what shall thenceforth be called THE DEATH SLIDE, but then I realised I hadn’t got Decent of Shadows (halves falling damage) active. After that I got in fine, although I deliberately landed on some stalagmites part way down to split the drop into survival chunks.

However I did suspect something was different because when I made it to the dark room at the end I thought it was much harder to see, even when I moved the gamma slider.

S

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Definitely something different when I tried it and died. I always slide down the right side and get caught on one of the rocks before making it the rest of the way down. Never have I died there but this time wham!. My next try I went little bit left of that just avoid the rock and made it ok. I found the dark room was way darker than I remembered it as well.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There’s a thread in game bugs on this, I believe. Devs are looking into it and one posted a suggested jump spot. Me, I’ve always jumped as the vista video shows, starting on that tooth and jumping far forward between the waterfalls slightly to the left of the gap between them. My Asura almost never dies doing that. My thief …. he’s not the most agile of men he claims to be, to judge by that jump.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I saw someone mention this in the bug forum when “Escape” went live, and went and tested it myself, but found no difference at all. My guardian does not have the trait to halve falling damage, and I still keep to the right side of the entrance, and face-plant on the stalagmites half way down with no damage. From there, before jumping down the rest of the way, I angle my view to look down as much as the camera will allow, THEN make my jump to the left (cue the RHPS music). You can still move left & right as you’re falling, so you can aim for the water instead of hoping you won’t hit the rocks and get killed from falling damage. I have Fiery Dragon Swords from the HoM and Jormag’s Breath to light my way in the dark area, but still haven’t noticed that being any darker than it always was. I do this JP at least once a day on my guardian, and sometimes, time permitting, more with each lvl 80 toon for the ascended crafting mats.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

The dark room is of the least concern. Just select your biggest targeted AoE ability (like Meteor Shower) and let the green target thingy map the surface for you.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

just did it jumping randomly across the center, no death. Learn how to aim while you fall? I noticed i had to press W a lot to fall into the water, if i recall correctly, i didnt had to do that before. Anyway i didn’t died.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I used to slide down the very right side and hit the rocks there without damage, before continuing. That does not work anymore. Personally, I think that it was the intention for there to be no easy way down and for whatever reason, it was made/became easier. The ELFA appears to have made it as it originally was.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I too can confirm that something about it has changed. I tried it again yesterday, and not only the graphics on the path to it were glitched in a weird way but the skull slide seems to kill you way more often than it did before.

I wish Arenanet would get rid of the repeated falling damage while sliding. That’s one of the most annoying aspects of GW2.
Sliding down softens the fall in real life, by the way. In GW2 it does the opposite.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

I always did died on the jump, but it is still doable. Take the trait with less falling dmg and aim for the pillars halve way or jump with luck.
The dark room was for me always like this. I did check for the last time when LA was burning, but after the first few tries on the jp, i dont look around anymore and i just use aoe circles or cobalt so i can have missed some of the changes.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Is that the pirate one in la? if you do die just wait and after about 30 secs he takes pity on you and teleports you back to the top to try again.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Is that the pirate one in la? if you do die just wait and after about 30 secs he takes pity on you and teleports you back to the top to try again.

Really? Even if you die on the first slide and never actually make it down there?

One – Piken Square

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I jump down the right side of the slide and deliberately aim for the stalagmites. You get falling damage when you slam into them, but it’s not enough to kill you. You can then jump off it again and land in the water; you might get some falling damage while sliding, but the shorter distance means it now won’t kill you either.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I jump down the right side of the slide and deliberately aim for the stalagmites. You get falling damage when you slam into them, but it’s not enough to kill you. You can then jump off it again and land in the water; you might get some falling damage while sliding, but the shorter distance means it now won’t kill you either.

I always get killed there unless I have the “reduce fall damage” trait active.
When I say “always” I mean “ever since the Battle for Lion’s Arch”. Prior to that I used the slide often with no issues.

Server: Devona’s Rest

(edited by mtpelion.4562)

Weyandt's Revenge

Zaxares.5419

You might not be thinking of the same stalagmites. I never have the reduce fall damage traits on any of my characters, and the spot I’m thinking of never kills me. (Only takes me down to about half health.) It’s right against the right wall of the chute, a short distance before the lip of the edge. (It’s also not touching any of the waterfall at all.)

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

I reported the problem in the bugs forum the day the patch came out. The puzzle is still possible but has definitely changed.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Weyandt-s-Revenge-lethal-entrance-to-cave/first#post3859987

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I too died mere than usual while jumping down into it. I also noticed at the part where its dark you can no longer increase the gamma to see everything.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

It’s currently the worst it’s ever been.
I remember back in the early days of GW2 you had to aim for one of the stalagmytes and then down into the water and although it was tricky, it would work if only you knew how. Then they fixed the entrance but after the attack on Lion’S Arch it has become a lottery. There are also a lot of broken textures in the general area. Kinda like the whole section was overlooked in testing.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It’s currently the worst it’s ever been.
I remember back in the early days of GW2 you had to aim for one of the stalagmytes and then down into the water and although it was tricky, it would work if only you knew how. Then they fixed the entrance but after the attack on Lion’S Arch it has become a lottery. There are also a lot of broken textures in the general area. Kinda like the whole section was overlooked in testing.

It feels like the area has the current map with a prior version of the map overlaying it and that is causing the problems. There are even sections where you can walk right through the earth!

Server: Devona’s Rest

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

That never worked at first. Can’t remember exactly when but between 6-8 months after GW2 went open, it changed so that you had a safe path down the right. Now that has been ‘fixed’ – so the right wall method doesn’t work anymore.

I didn’t know that he teleports you back to the top

Weyandt's Revenge

Zaxares.5419

Hmm, I’ll have to check again. But I did Weyandt’s Revenge as part of my 12 JP’s for the Monthly, and my “jump down the right side hitting the stalagmites” method still worked.

Weyandt's Revenge

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Have they fixed that weird terrain bug on the way over there?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Weyandt's Revenge

Zaxares.5419

The illusionary hill hump? That was still there last I checked.