Please break Queensdale train

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: bartmoss.5107

bartmoss.5107

Dear Anet,

Please change the Queensdale champions to spawn in some fashion that makes the farm train unattractive. I don’t have a problem with the champ farms there, per se (though I think it’s boring); however, almost every time I am on that map I see people verbally abusing “random” players who just play the game and “start” events before “the train arrives”.

And that’s ridiculous. So the “train” should be prevented, and perhaps then “normal” players can just play the game in an enjoyable manner.

Thanks.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

There shouldn’t be any quickly respawning champs in ANY starter zones in direct proximity to the most populated cities. Anet knows they need to do a better job of distributing rewards and populations….

(this doesn’t mean Frostgorge needs a huge nerf though…. maybe just a 30 minute downtime on the respawning of all champs in the zone whenever Claw of Jormag is active so that the events aren’t in direct competition with eachother and completing the biggest one….. opens the other smaller ones back up again. Competing priorities is definitely a sticky wicket for Anet right now)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

The most important thing is to enjoy your game time and keep calm and for sure don’t say something that can abuse anyone at any type of chat.

So just report players who are abusing others or you, through harassment, etc… one time as usual and all incidents of in-game harassment should be reported to Arena.Net Customer Support team using the in-game ticketing system.

Sure Arena.Net will take care of them and help of players to keep the game world a pleasant place for everyone.

When " Community Support Assistant " checks your report they will look both before and after the report to get the whole picture. Unless it is something that is said a long time after as this will be harassment, which is another reportable issue with another report.

You should check :

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

(edited by azazil.9541)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

Why people think they own the champions is beyond me. however, I do not agree with mass punishment for the action of a few, so like what azazil said, the best course of action is to report said player and/or block them.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Simple solution: Reward 1 champion bag for day.

This way, if people want to farm champs, they can form a “train” and farm ALL the champs in the game instead of farming the same 5 champs over and over.

There is enough champs all across the world and 99% are never touched so this will be not a nerf but a solutions to the original problem and a fix to the newest.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gambol.2130

Gambol.2130

On my server, running champions in Queensdale provides much enjoyment for a large number of people. New and experienced players alike band together running between the various champions.

Yes, there are occasional squabbles when someone starts a champion out of rotation. This is usually a simple misunderstanding: for example, a newbie sees the troll stone and picks it up, and others who were standing around fight the troll since it’s trying to kill them. Other times cross-communication in map chat causes two things to be engaged at once; these issues get sorted out quickly enough, since normal people want to maximize their rewards if they’re going to be spending any real time in the zone, and join the larger group.

When I see real arguments in map chat, it’s always between a large group of players who are enjoying the camaraderie of working together, and a single person who is aware of the group, starts several champion fights out of the “rotation”, and then makes it clear through his responses in chat when others express dismay that he’s a sociopath and doing it because he enjoys being a jerk in a situation where repercussions are impossible.

If you’re level 80, you’re a tourist in the zone like everyone else, and unless you just happen to smack down a single champion because you run past it on your way to some other task (e.g., you kill the spider on the way to the Demongrub Pits, or the Oak when you’ve teleported in for the Shadow Behemoth), there’s no reason to repeatedly frustrate the others who are chain-killing the champions other than pure spite, because you’re gimping your own rewards (along with everyone else’s) by doing this.

No, nobody owns the champions. But I don’t think there’s any real problem to be solved, at least on my server.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, just like with everything in this game (be it events or mobs), everything resets too quickly.

I mean where is the sense of “changing the world” if everything just resets 10 minutes later?

Farming champions is fine…but the fact that they respawn so quickly is dumb. A 30 minute respawn time would be more than justified. It would also give you a moment you relish your victory before the champion respawns on your head.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

A group farming champions is fine as it is group content. Multiple groups farming single group content (champions) for faster rewards is a problem in the game design and even though it is popular it will eventually need a solution.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

This way, if people want to farm champs, they can form a “train” and farm ALL the champs in the game instead of farming the same 5 champs over and over.

There is enough champs all across the world and 99% are never touched so this will be not a nerf but a solutions to the original problem and a fix to the newest.

Uh uh. This game has enough time-gated content already (and in a few places it is not being used very well, either). Very few people want to see more, and it is a band-aid fix at best.

You have the ability to report people, you also have the ability to block people. Use them. Changing the entire balance of in-game rewards over something as trivial as abusive chat messages is pretty extreme.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

Queensdale Champ speed runs is really idiotic beyond any reasoning.
Champs should have a random spawn timer from lets say 10min up to 2-3 hours imo.

I have also been “abused” by these so called champ owners due to I helped 2 of my friends who have only been playing GW2 for 2 days to experience fighting a champ and trigger it, why I didn’t let em join the train was the simple reason that to experience GW2 in a propper way when you are new is playing the game hence doing whatever you feel like doing, explore this, kill that vet there, trigger a event or find a troll in a cave.

When sead person sead i ruined the rotation I responded simply that I have as much right playing this game as you have so please don’t dictate me how I should playing GW2 with my friends.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

On TC, I frequently join the Queensdale zerg on multiple characters. I’ve leveled my Necromancer from about 20 to 58 in much less time than it took on my first character, and sometimes I level my Guardian there. I also take my 80 Mesmer there because even though the train is frequently derailed, it’s a much better champ rotation there for me than FGS is. In FGS, the champs typically die in seconds, and I don’t get to tag them. Also, the people in Queensdale are much more fun! We have very interesting conversations. Sometimes people get very bent out of shape about derailing, but I either start skipping champs or leave entirely. Often, derailing occurs not because of new players, but because of guesting players that really just don’t care about anyone else. There are a few well known derailers by now.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Dynamic Events

ilr.9675

On my server, running champions in Queensdale provides much enjoyment for a large number of people. New and experienced players alike band together…..

You’re “banding together” to smack a Pinata though….

You’re telling us this is the ONLY ZONE you could possibly do this in?
How bad could you possibly be at this game that you need to “band together” for champs that most people could (and often do) easily solo??

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

On my server, running champions in Queensdale provides much enjoyment for a large number of people. New and experienced players alike band together…..

You’re “banding together” to smack a Pinata though….

You’re telling us this is the ONLY ZONE you could possibly do this in?
How bad could you possibly be at this game that you need to “band together” for champs that most people could (and often do) easily solo??

It’s not the only zone, but it’s a good one for it. WPs are close to a city, etc. Of course these mobs can be soloed, we “band together” because it’s faster and more efficient as far as people getting loot. It’s true that this isn’t the only playstyle existing, and no one should be forced into it. That, however, doesn’t mean it’s not a valid playstyle. You play how you want, I’ll do the same – champ zergs.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Dynamic Events

ilr.9675

It’s not the only zone, but it’s a good one for it. WPs are close to a city, etc. Of course these mobs can be soloed, we “band together” because it’s faster and more efficient as far as people getting loot. It’s true that this isn’t the only playstyle existing, and no one should be forced into it.

Exactly!… It’s too easy … too rewarding … & definitely too convenient compared to ALL the other content in the game. It should have been nerfed a long time ago along with every other overly rewarding activity that gets abused to the point that it’s hurting the rest of the game world…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Please report the schmucks who are abusing people in chat about the champ farming. I’m leveling my 5th alt, and it’s been both fun and rewarding leveling her via the champ train…don’t let stupid angry people ruin our fun!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

It’s funny how mad some people get if you do events and champions from “their” train.

People think they have exclusive rights to champions just because they are in a big zerg, you shouldn’t do an event or kill a champ if the zerg is not there because it’s theirs and they have been running it all day…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Countess.3267

Countess.3267

Yeah, just like with everything in this game (be it events or mobs), everything resets too quickly.

I mean where is the sense of “changing the world” if everything just resets 10 minutes later?

I fully agree with this idea. I actually came to the forum today to see if there was any discussion of the frequency of events. Many of the promos for GW2 celebrated the “lasting effect” you have on the word. Your actions (or inaction) have an impact on the environment and what happens. But they don’t. Because that farm where I just put out the fire, it’s on fire again 10 minutes later. That raid we all have to go on into enemy territory… well, why do it now if it’ll be happening again in the time it takes me to make a sandwich?

I think a little extra downtime for both Champs and dynamic events in general would go a long ways to allowing players to appreciate the impact of their actions, or see the folly of their passivity.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

I have no issues with the Champ farming in Queensdale, though I will not wait for the farm to come to start a champ. I yell out that the champ is up and start the fight. I figure that if they miss one champ in the chain it is not going to hurt them, there is another that is up anyway.

In fact this has happen so many times now in HoD that the champ farm just moves onto the next champ.

My biggest issue with the champ farm is that they dont yell out when they are about to start a champ. So if you are close by you cant join in unless you are already in the champ farm or are already at the champ.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

While I do think that diminishing returns on Champions is a good idea to encourage people to go out and kill Champs in less populated maps (thereby increasing traffic in less popular maps), I don’t think that Champ zerg trains are that big a problem.

At the same time, I also don’t believe that zerg trains have any right to yell at or abuse players who start Champions out of rotation. Champions don’t belong to you; any player who comes along has the right to start the Champ fight if they feel they can take it on (or even if they’re clueless and have no idea that picking up a rock summons Mr Troll). If somebody’s abusing you for it, block them, report them if you feel it was harassive enough, and move on. Don’t get back into an argument with them about it, because you are totally within your rights to do so.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Fergus.4208

Fergus.4208

The problem is the rewards they introduced for killing champions. It’s not just the large gold reward, but the bloodstone dust crafting materials that are mandatory for ascended crafting, and they are accoutn bound. Champions are the only enemies you can get this from.

Champions are designed as group content, but they are not designed to be difficult for a group, and they haved the disadvantage of not scaling to very large group, making it trivially easy.

The advantage of making champions rewarding is to encourage group play. If they want to keep this, then they should ensure the same champs aren’t farmed over and over again.

One possible solution, is to let a champion only drop exotic loot bag once per player, and reset this every month (effectively forcing them to play across most/all maps).

Another solution, is to reduce rewards for large groups, having a cap on number of champion bags (based on champion max difficulty).

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

I hope they don’t nerf it, it’s been a fun and profitable way to level my newest alt. I hope they nerf dungeons because people just farm them over and over and they’re not enjoyable in any way whatsoever.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Anets idea of a living breathing openworld environment is to create a groundhog day effect because they know the actual openworld events have next to no replay value in them. To keep players logging in they have pushed everyoneone into a farm frenzy in order to catch the carrots they take pleasure in dangling.. want that nice legendary or ascended then go grab the mats… don’t wanna farm the mats go buy from the TP.. wait need gold for tp or for gems so create farm rotations and players will come back time and time again. Of course the more players log in, the more likely the will tire of champ trains and fall back into the credit card/gems approach instead.. simple MMO herding tactics and we all love it and hate it.
I am no fan of champ trains or boss rotations.. ANET seem clueless as to how to keep players in game without it, but that’s how it is.
Personally I would prefer it if they gave all openworld content a makeover, get rid of rotations and have champs/bosses spawn on a random trigger by something in game , like joe blogs killed a spider in Queensdale .. ding something somewhere on map gets triggered. Whilst they are at it take away the guaranteed rare item but make loot trees more appropriate and place a 12hr timer on being able to loot that champ purse again.
And don’t even get me started on boss guesting causing overflow issues for players on their own map.. that BS needs to get sorted.. you wanna guest expect Boss event lock outs for 1hr before you can get involved, maybe then the problem will reduce, not entirely but some for sure.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I hope they don’t nerf it, it’s been a fun and profitable way to level my newest alt. I hope they nerf dungeons because people just farm them over and over and they’re not enjoyable in any way whatsoever.

And your not farming champs over and over of course… double standards much!

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

And your not farming champs over and over of course… double standards much!

That was my point. The first sentence was the way I actually feel, the second one was slightly sarcastic. I don’t like doing dungeons personally, but I’m not making threads about how they should be removed from the game, I just ignore them.

As far as the verbal abuse, I just block people who are being nasty and personally I don’t yell at people for killing the champs out of order because it’s such a small deal. Unfortunately you’ll find schmucks in every aspect of any online game:(

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

My server is relatively well-behaved it seems. Not that there isn’t frustration in map chat when the champ train gets derailed, of course, but it’s usually either because:

A) the front of the zerg gets to and kills the spider before the back of the zerg even has a chance to get there and tag it; or

B) there are somehow TWO zerg groups, running (or, trying to run) on different rotations, and previous polite requests to get the two groups to join up for efficiency’s sake have been ignored

In both cases these are zergers getting frustrated at other zergers, not at the occasional random group that triggers a champ spawn.

I don’t really see low-level or random players being verbally abused specifically (at least in map chat), but judging from the number of players I see joining in the zerg wearing starter-looking gear, they are definitely taking advantage of the group rotation. And why not? If you’ve just rolled a toon, it’s a great way to get your feet wet in doing group events, with little or no risk.

(edited by Celestial.4381)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ricohman.7302

ricohman.7302

If i was fighting a champion out of turn i wouldnt care what the others thought or wrote in chat. What are we all sheep that has to follow the majority, no were not. We have all paid the same money for this game so do what yous like and dont give a hoot what others wanna do.

They are not your master
You are not their slave

So enjoy yourself whichever way you like and ignore them

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

… “random” players who just play the game and “start” events before “the train arrives”.

That’s exactly how to derail this train.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

If i was fighting a champion out of turn i wouldnt care what the others thought or wrote in chat. What are we all sheep that has to follow the majority, no were not. We have all paid the same money for this game so do what yous like and dont give a hoot what others wanna do.

They are not your master
You are not their slave

So enjoy yourself whichever way you like and ignore them

No we don’t have to, but if we follow the train it means more loot, xp and karma for everyone. It’s an interesting exercise in communal benefits:)

… “random” players who just play the game and “start” events before “the train arrives”.

That’s exactly how to derail this train.

Meh, having to skip the spider or oak is no big deal at all; everyone’s got to stack at boar, so as long as you’re not specifically griefing the train it’s just another minute or two more standing around waiting for boar pre to finish.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

In my Opinion the only time oak should be killed out of order is when it interferes with SB as oak cannot be alive when SB is in window.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Imo all champs should get a random factor added to their spawns, or a bigger one if they aready have random timers.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Map chat in noob zones is embarrassing. It’s not good for the game for new players experience this villainy.

Farming champions is fine…but the fact that they respawn so quickly is dumb. A 30 minute respawn time would be more than justified. It would also give you a moment you relish your victory before the champion respawns on your head.

I fully agree. Maybe it would encourage people to go after champs on other maps too.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Which is why people should read and comment on my Harathi train proposal.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dhomhnuill.5629

Dhomhnuill.5629

I believe that though ANet is trying to encourage higher level players to Mentor lower level players (i.e. the daily achievement). BUT, the Champions should have a diminishing return for players. The higher you are over the area level range the greater the chance of not receiving a level 80 piece of equipment. So something like a level 80 killing champions in a level 1 – 15 area would get mostly area level appropriate gear with a small chance of getting that higher level gear or an exotic. Currently there are so many 80’s running in the train (least on Stormbluff) that the champions are usually down in 30 seconds or less (especially the 30 minutes before or after the Shadow Behemoth). I personally have noticed with my lower level characters (that are level appropriate for the area) that go to a champion in these areas usually only gets a Bronze medal which is less experience then when I get Gold, also on a Bronze sometimes I get rewards and sometimes I do not.

Also, many of the world events that have come out are more aimed at the level 50+ crowd then for lower levels. So they already have a higher chance at better gear by doing the world events.

Anyhow my 2 cents, please don’t flame. This is just my opinion and suggestion.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I say, let it be, and use the existing tools to deal with people using chat inappropriately.

Lest anyone think I have an iron in the fire, I do the rotation rarely, primarily if I need two group events or four Kryta events for dailies and don’t have much time. If I do, I stop once I’ve gotten what I came for, as redoing the same events over and over costs me tooth enamel as I grind my teeth from boredom.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

The train does allow the players to socialize. Heck, I made 2 or 3 friends in the train by going with them. To detail if fully, I joined the train and I started talking to the members of the train and by doing so, I made new friends. So what I am trying to say is, the train isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It’s very enjoyable and it provides plenty of interaction to new and old players alike.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Its a natural evolution of having higher level content too hard/tedious with overlapping events. They are playing where they feel comfortable playing. I don’t like the farming trains ether but where else is casual gaming going to play?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

For the people asking to reduced all timers on events.

Ironically, that is part of what killed CS, and what caused many people to flock to queensdale, even before the champ boxes were introduced.

And those worried about the economy.

Doing dungeons is more profitable than queendales champ farm.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

We have enough daily rewards, stop nerfing farms please.

Some people actually enjoy it and if people are being rude or vulgar, report them.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

not that I care either one bit if they nerf or do not nerf the trains. I just wished people would stop saying, “report them” if reporting them actually worked, the problem would not exist. Because in time they would all be gone. The report funtion is a joke.

in Dynamic Events

IndigoSundown.5419

not that I care either one bit if they nerf or do not nerf the trains. I just wished people would stop saying, “report them” if reporting them actually worked, the problem would not exist. Because in time they would all be gone. The report funtion is a joke.

So, have you yourself reported people who were being abusive? If you have, how can you know that no action was taken? If a report is made, and if the comments made are a violation that leads to action, neither we, nor the reporting player will know it. You’re making a massive assumption, that a few reports should stop everyone from being abusive in chat. That sort of impact takes time, and an awful lot of consequences visited on abusers — enough that word starts getting around. Given all of that, calling the report system a joke is just more forum bitterness.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jbo.8512

Jbo.8512

I love the Queensdale train for several reasons: it is very helpful to get a few lvls on a new toon, it is very helpful to get a little money for a new toon, and it’s where I go when I get sick (as I often do) of playing alone. I have spent countless hours on the train and have never heard an abusive word. On the contrary, I observe ppl being very helpful to others, particularly if they mention they are new. No one is forced to use the train—if you don’t like it go elsewhere. Leave it as it is for those of us who use and enjoy it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

@IndigoSundown, Yes I have, not it hasnt. enough proof its a joke. No bitterness at all. Maybe you didn’t read my post well enough. I said I didn’t care. I said report doesn’t work. Imo its from what I have seen. Maybe for some it has. I have seen no evidence. Since this has been happening for months and months. Would be another example. Seems your just mad, about what I don’t know nor care but thought I would waste some time to respond.
Trying to say im bitter is just a lame attempt on your part to troll. LOL now run along

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

There will always be people with attitude problems/jerks in game. People who are reported may be punished, but that doesn’t mean all jerks will vanish. There are jerks throughout all parts of the game, there were even jerks in queensdale way before the trains started. Not all of the are reported when they begin to behave in a disrespectful manner, and there are many players out there capable of this, they’re not going to vanish all of a sudden just because some people have tossed out a couple reports.

As far as people attacking others for killing champs, that’s not something I see often, on yak’s bend, unless the person is doing it on purpose and making it known. (trolling)

Most of the time people will say something like, “please don’t kill before train,” or “please join the zerg,” etc, etc.

Of course, the person doesn’t have to do it, and they’ll usually respond with something like, “I do what I want.” Then someone from the zergs starts trying to lecture than about the benefits of running with the train, and the solo person/group responds in turn, then they go at it, and those are usually the arguments I see take place in queensdale.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

There shouldn’t be any quickly respawning champs in ANY starter zones in direct proximity to the most populated cities. Anet knows they need to do a better job of distributing rewards and populations….

(this doesn’t mean Frostgorge needs a huge nerf though…. maybe just a 30 minute downtime on the respawning of all champs in the zone whenever Claw of Jormag is active so that the events aren’t in direct competition with eachother and completing the biggest one….. opens the other smaller ones back up again. Competing priorities is definitely a sticky wicket for Anet right now)

I do not think that the solution is to make champ respawn times absurd. It would be better to make the respawn timers/order random and maybe randomize respawn location.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

The champ train could easily and more effectively be diminished some without punishing everyone, if the waypoints became contested anytime a champion had spawned nearby.

Personally, the only thing that bothers me is not the champ train itself, but the endless and tiresome map chat abuse that goes on now.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They just need to tweak the spawn times so that it’s not worth farming over and over. Either add 5 minutes to the respawn timers and/or have it so the respawn timers increase the more frequently they are killed.

I made a suggestion several months back that a lot of the farmers got upset about. I had suggested that some sort of DR should be in place where if you kill the same champions repeatedly within a certain amount of time, you can lose out on getting the champion bag. XP and karma is also reduced as well for those tied to an event.

I personally don’t really care whether they want to farm the champions so long as they’re respectful to players that want to kill them outside of the zerg.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LyraLynn.7123

LyraLynn.7123

I don’t know how it works on your server, but I’ve always seen people try to invite new people to run the queensdale train with them. They make parties, and most people don’t seem to mind waiting an extra minute or so until the train arrives to melt the champions. I certainly don’t mind waiting. Yes you can solo most queensdale champs without much of a hassle, but I actually like running around with everybody else. It feels a lot livelier. While waiting for pre-boar, some of us started talking about “what if Mr. Clean were a Meta boss?” today and had a really good time. If the train didn’t exist, that would’ve never happened.

I’ve seen people try to derail the train plenty of times. It doesn’t bother me. I’ll just jump to the next champ. Everybody has the right to play content. It comes down to attitude. Whenever I see somebody being rude to another because they “killed a champ out of order”, I pm the person and ask them to calm down. Then I pm the person that killed the champ and ask them to join us. You’d be surprised how many people join the zerg train that they intentionally tried to derail. (Not counting how many people join the zerg that weren’t intentionally trying to derail the train) Will everyone join the train? No, and it’s their choice. I won’t lecture and I won’t try to weigh the pro vs con of champ training with them.

Sometimes a little kindness and remembering that the person on the other side of the computer can go a long way. Nobody wants to be left out, and nobody wants to be yelled at. Yes you’ll always have the occasional rude person who just yells at whoever killed a champ “out of order”, but there is a report button for a reason. There is a block button for a reason.

Do you HAVE to wait on the train? No. Is it nice to wait on the train for a champ? Yes. It’s something that I personally choose to do and would never force my opinion on anybody; however, we are a community. Gw2 is not just one player, it is many with many different play styles and preferences. I’m sorry to hear that some people have had bad experiences, but with a little extra effort on everyone’s part…hopefully we can stop the hateful attitude that some of you are encountering. Wanted to put in my 2 cents.

Oh, and I always try to bring some tonics or use my caldron while waiting on boar. It makes for some good costume brawl fun! Give the train a chance. Try running with them. You’d be surprised how many friends you can make this way!

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

They just need to tweak the spawn times so that it’s not worth farming over and over. Either add 5 minutes to the respawn timers and/or have it so the respawn timers increase the more frequently they are killed.

I made a suggestion several months back that a lot of the farmers got upset about. I had suggested that some sort of DR should be in place where if you kill the same champions repeatedly within a certain amount of time, you can lose out on getting the champion bag. XP and karma is also reduced as well for those tied to an event.

I personally don’t really care whether they want to farm the champions so long as they’re respectful to players that want to kill them outside of the zerg.

So you don’t really care if they want to farm champions, yet they should tweak the spawn times so it’s not worth farming them? That’s what I’m getting here…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So you don’t really care if they want to farm champions, yet they should tweak the spawn times so it’s not worth farming them? That’s what I’m getting here…

No. I was offering a suggestion to those that had issues and what the likely option should be. Perhaps I could’ve worded it better.

in Dynamic Events

IndigoSundown.5419

The solution to people being rude should not be reducing the frequency of events or spawns.