World bosses vs Champion farming

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Furzb.2506

Furzb.2506

Hey everyone. And i apologize for the bad grammar to start with + making no sense, just woke up :o

I am a really big fan of dynamic events, especially ones including good loots. But the last few days i have been finding it hard to complete some of them, mostly Jormag and Orr temples. It’s nice to see that Jormag is up when you wake up and get to the action right after getting up. But when you get there and see that hes been up for 2 hours already and no one’s there, i become a sad panda And the reason for failing is, what i would call lack of people.

After the latest update, i’ve seen less people taking part to the biggest dynamic events in the content. For a few days i’ve been asking around /maps about where people are (they are chatting all the time in /map) , the answer has always been the same: farming champs. They keep convicing me that farming champs is a faster and a simpler way to farm money and loots.

Im a relatively new player to the game, it might be the time or holidays abroad thats taking people also away from the bosses. But im really sad to see that the events i so like, are not so fun to do alone.

Do i really have to abandon dynamic world boss events and join the crowd farming Champs, or do we have more people who want to keep the world boss events alive? Maybe ask Anet to figure out a solution so that the biggest dynamic events would stay alive?

I really like to slap some tequatl or jormag behind :p

Thanks in advance for all the replies!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shambarick.3786

Shambarick.3786

If you don’t believe in luck (about precursor), champ farm is the best for loot : Core, Lodestone, mats T6, silvers and, rare, weapon skins.
Doing jormag take 20+ min (with pre-event) and what do you get ? Blue, Green, 1 Rare from daily, ~2 more rares if you’re lucky, 1 exo if you’re lucky(not sure if it’s possible to get 2+ exo because never happen to me).

in Dynamic Events

Furzb.2506

If you don’t believe in luck (about precursor), champ farm is the best for loot : Core, Lodestone, mats T6, silvers and, rare, weapon skins.
Doing jormag take 20+ min (with pre-event) and what do you get ? Blue, Green, 1 Rare from daily, ~2 more rares if you’re lucky, 1 exo if you’re lucky(not sure if it’s possible to get 2+ exo because never happen to me).

Thanks for the help What map would you recommend for farming? Any huge differences lootwise?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

World bosses that take long aren’t worth it. 1 rare is not worth it. Especially for jormag when you have two long phase sand he doesn’t even drop a champ loot (since he’s not a champ)

Temples are also not worth it since right now they are not rewarding (melandru, Dwayna and Arah) or not scaled right (Balthazar)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

They should really add those coffers to the major events as rewards. e.g. Each part of Balhazaar completed would give you 10 coffers, and finally freeing the temple gives you 15 coffers. A higher difficulty should grant a higher reward, not the other way round.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shambarick.3786

Shambarick.3786

You can find a zerg in Frostgorge or Cursed Shore. If you don’t see any zerg, guest server with high population (Jade Quarry, Tarnished Coast, …)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I don’t think there’s a rewards imbalance at all

I think it’s mostly false perceptions and people are just chasing the Newest Shiniest Shiny until they get sick of it once they realize what a terrible Time > Effort ratio it really is.

I got 3 exotics yestersday for example.
…only 1 of them came from a Coffer and it was only worth 1g (so I tossed it on my Guardian b/c it was a Healing Scepter which none of my other characters can even use). And then I took the Scepter he WAS using and rolled it with 2 other Trash Exotics plus a Forge Stone. Got a 5G Exotic back from the Forge. Meanwhile I’ve only gotten 1 single Rare from these same Coffers and not a single lodestone yet. The bulk of my real income still comes from Heavy Moldy bags, and Daily Chest Rares. (for Ectos)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Elentari.9156

Elentari.9156

An easy though perhaps inelegant solution would be to put 1 or 2 champion coffers in the event chest. The daily chest metas that have champs in them still get pretty decent attendance, like Frozen Maw and Ulgoth the Modniir. I also hope that pre-events can have an extra award attached to them. Nothing big, but maybe like 1-2 loot bags per event.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

None of this will change unless there is a nerf, until they add crafting materials for the level 500 stuff to the mega events. This will include temples, dragons, etkitten

il then, try the Pavillion for loot, and try having your guild work on the dynamic events with you?

Unless, like mine (and me), they are all chasing boxes

in Dynamic Events

Furzb.2506

There seems to be other posts about this situation too. But i’ve decided that if Anet wants to go easymode on loot like Blizzard did, im just gonna quit playing.

Until that i will try to do the events the best i can with friends and guildies, but i really sure do hope that Anet really makes the champ loot bag 1 / day, i don’t want another great mmo to sink down the drain because people cba to do events anymore.

Thanks everyone for replies !

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

GoM still has people doing the metas, though not as many as before since they’re farming the pavilion and champ trains at the same time. Since I was doing the metas regularly way back before they added the good loot it’s actually kinda nice to see them less populated than before, it means people are going out to see more of the world now.