Editing posts

Editing posts

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

This is an issue that I’ve been having from the start.
After editing a post and accepting the changes I am moved to an error screen:

Message cannot be blank and must contain at least 15 characters..

this regardless of a whole sheet of text. Especially when my edit is a long one and having that lost is frustrating. Now I always have to reply with a new post with a reference to the old one.

Editing posts

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

well… looks like there’ll be nothing to it, then

Editing posts

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you desire an individualized response, you may submit a request to the CS Team, which may or may not provide a solution. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Good luck.

Editing posts

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Ayakaru — I don’t know what to tell you about this. I use the forums a lot, and occasionally I get sent to a screen that tells me that all my wonderful prose, over which I labored for at least three minutes, so gone. Therefore I must start again. ~hand on forehead~

Seriously, because the forum sometimes acts up, I’ve taken to — when I remember to do it — copying and saving the post in my clipboard so I can just slap it back into the thread. When you do this with a post that is previously inclusive of a quote, you’re essentially putting a fresh reply instead of a quote-containing reply, and I think the tech is different. Anyway, I find that this lessens the chance of the post going away.

Can you give this a try a few times and see if it makes the process smoother for you?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Editing posts

Posted by: Rip Van Winkle.4859

Rip Van Winkle.4859

I have done the Copy Message since the old days. Just like when Home PC’s first came out and we wrote our own code. Every few lines you wrote you saved.

It is funny thought you can edit a post within seconds of posting it but have to wait 300 seconds to make a new post. Now that is very Sad.

Now this crap.
An Error Prevented Saving:
Bump Warning: You are bumping a topic whose last post was seven days ago. Please select the manual override below if you still wish to post this.

Editing posts

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only time you must wait 300 seconds before posting again, is when you are the recipient of Flood Control measures. It will eventually expire (unless additional Flood Control actions are accrued).

Good luck.

Editing posts

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

Seriously, because the forum sometimes acts up, I’ve taken to — when I remember to do it — copying and saving the post in my clipboard so I can just slap it back into the thread.

This is what i do ALWAYS before i post on any forum or whatever – or even better, sometimes i compose post in my text editor just to get rid of all those inconviniences