Forum Loading Issue - "Area Not Available"

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Forums don’t work at all on Firefox for me. Does anyone else have this issue? Works on phone. Tried loading without cache, and just no go.

Attachments:

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

Had same problem on Chrome, deleting cookies fixed it.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Same bug for me with Chrome, deleting cookies/cache also fixed it

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I fixed it by deleting cookies, but the same issue came up again tonight (2nd night in a row). Again deleting cookies fixed it, but if I have to do this every time to log in it is going to get annoying so there must be some underlying issue I think.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I had this earlier today. Every other GW2 site worked. Deleted just the forum cookie and that cleared it up. Hasn’t been back….so far.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I have this as well. I’ve deleted cookies/cleared cache on Chrome but that’s not solved the problem. I’m using Incognito mode in order to access the forums.

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

As the title says.

it says " this are is not available yet" and asks to go back to home ( just to display it again).

Pls fix

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Clear your cookie(s) for the forums. It will work, again.

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

does anyone know if there’s a way to delete individual cookies in Chrome? I don’t want to clear all my cookies; it would be a bigger disruption for me than just giving up the GW2 forums altogether.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Posted by: Netko.9271

Netko.9271

does anyone know if there’s a way to delete individual cookies in Chrome? I don’t want to clear all my cookies; it would be a bigger disruption for me than just giving up the GW2 forums altogether.

-ken

Settings – Advance settings, under Privacy – Content settings – All cookies and site data

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

thanks!

also, I found out there’s another way to fix the problem. it seems that you can go directly to a thread by following a direct link like this one:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Cannon-destroying-rams-through-gate

once you’ve managed to bypass the error that way, the forum seems to go back to normal again.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I tried that when I first had the problem. I tried many ‘backdoor’ ways to get in. Nothing, save removing the cookie, worked for me. (On Firefox, Chrome was working at the time.)

I seem to only get this ‘bug’ when the forum tries to send me to a closed thread, or wants me to re-log-in (while replying or posting), or some other move to a closed area.

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Just to note, had the same issue again tonight. It seems to be a recurring problem every day.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I’ve just had the exact same issue so it definitely does not come from an issue of the browsers but definitely an issue from the forum.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just returned to the forums, after a few hours away, and first thing, this issue. So, for me, today, it was caused by needing to log-in (I never log out, just that mandatory once/24 hour log-in thing).

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

For the notes, i had this for the last 2 days (on Chrome). Has something been changed on the forums configuration? Never had that before. Also, please add a “clear the forum’s cookies” link to that error page if you can’t fix it – i won’t clear them manually every day, i’ll rather stop using the forums in the long run.

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Editing title. Issue seems to fix itself then break again.

Lothirieth.3408

This issue keeps coming back for me. What changed on the forums then?

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

3rd time I’m getting the same issue. Using latest Firefox.

Posted by: Pixelmage.3692

Pixelmage.3692

The forums used to require being logged in to so much as see the main area. It no longer needs log in to be read, on the other hand, the session info cookie seems to have been corrupted by this change.

@DevTeam, you might need to roll back to log-in required. Or, you know, finish changing the remaining settings to recognize log in status properly so it stops corrupting the cookies.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This has been happening to me daily. Please fix

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When did they change having to log-in to read the forums? I can’t say I’ve ever had to log-in just to read them.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Over the last few days the forum cookie seems to break the ability to view your forum. I use Google Chrome and the attached image is what I get about once a day or so. Clicking the link doesn’t fix the problem. I was able to fix it by clearing your forum-en.guildwars2.com cookie. The problem seems to keep repeating after some time so I thought I would bring it up.

For those using Chrome with this problem, if you don’t want to clear all cookies you can fix it by going to: settings > show advanced settings > privacy click “content settings” button > all cookies and site data > find forum-en.guildwars2.com > click “x” to delete it.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

+1. I’m having to delete that cookie once or twice a day to keep up with the forums.

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

JustTrogdor.7892

Thanks, didn’t pay attention to that thread title because I guess I had cookies on my mind.

The Burninator

Posted by: MrsKryten.5104

MrsKryten.5104

This has been happening to me for a few days now on Chrome. I have to go into settings every day and delete GW2 cookies in order to access the forums again.

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

same problem on my chrome (using my firefox now).
This has been happening for several days now, and getting sick and tired of having to delete my cookies, kinda BS if you ask me, since it is clearly something on their end.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Same problem on chrome, latest version, 33.0.1750.154.

Seems like the cookie is not handled properly, not expired properly or something.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m not sure it’s just a chrome thing, because it’s happening on my iPad (safari) and android smartphone (whatever default browser that is)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lothirieth.3408

Still happening.. getting annoying to keep having to delete cookies just to read this site.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Incognito mode seems to make the forums work normally but normal chrome doesn’t. Reddit said this btw.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

If you run the browser under “private mode” (Control+Shift+P in Internet Explorer and Control+Shift+N in Chrome) it will open an instance where the browser does not use cached data and if you log into the forums that way the issue will be resolved until they fix this bug.

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

This has been happening to me daily. Please fix

Me to for the last 2 weeks. Please fix so I don’t have to search for forum-en.guildwars and delete cookies every single day.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Same thing happening to me daily. Using Firefox.

It used to do that sometimes before too but simple reload always helped, but lately it has started to require cookie deleting.

(edited by Ameepa.6793)

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Any one else been annoy of getting this page isn’t ready yet when going on forum until u clear ur cookies and data.

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

This is happening daily, and is quite ridiculous. Please fix asap.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Metheglin.6517

Metheglin.6517

Getting very annoying now having to constantly clear cookies to visit this forum.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: Cassio.9507

Cassio.9507

Still not even a reply on this? I have to manually remove the cookie each time I enter the forums. Only other alternative is to not allow cookies here at all.

Most problematic browser atm for me is Chrome, but the problem lies w/ the forum.

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Thank heavens I used an anonymous VPN to find this thread. Clearing cookies worked for me in Chrome, but I wonder how long it will be before others figure it out.

edit: Oh god looks like I have to manually clear cookies for this regularly. ANet, please fix!!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Incognito mode seems to make the forums work normally but normal chrome doesn’t. Reddit said this btw.

That is not surprising. Incognito mode would discard the cookies after it is done.

Posted by: Saraphina.6930

Saraphina.6930

I’m also having this issue. Once I clear my Chrome browsing history, it’s fine for a bit but sometimes it just randomly decides not to let me connect.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Well we are two weeks into this issue of:
Sorry, this area isn’t available yet. Please check back later. Try going back home?

For both Firefox and Chrome. I am now deleting cookies daily.

Can we please get a “We are aware of the issue and are looking into it, thank you for bringing this to our attention. – ANet”

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For me, it is specifically this cookie:
forum-en.guildwars2.com fangamer_core3

Delete this cookie and Firefox will work. Whomever is creating or issuing this cookie, please fix it!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Delete this cookie and Firefox will work. Whomever is creating or issuing this cookie, please fix it!!!

That’s not the cookie that give me issues. Mine is just the regular forum cookie. Nothing behind it.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Wow, look at that… 6 minutes after my post…BAM a response

Hey guys this is a known issue at the moment that we’re still looking into. In the meantime, as some of you have noticed, please clear the forum-en.guildwars2.com cookies as mentioned by Avelos.

Sorry guys!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

That’s not the cookie that give me issues. Mine is just the regular forum cookie. Nothing behind it.

Ok, but THAT is the cookie the gave me the issue. I cleared them one at a time and closed and reopened the browser to test them. Deleting that one fixes it for me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

JustTrogdor.7892

Ok, but THAT is the cookie the gave me the issue. I cleared them one at a time and closed and reopened the browser to test them. Deleting that one fixes it for me.

Same cookie I clear to fix the problem. The problem seems to show up about the same time of the day I usually have to relog into the forums so I think that is where the problem is.

The Burninator

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

We believe this issue has been fixed. Please continue to post here if you are still experiencing this problem.