Last viewed post

Last viewed post

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Scrivs.4501

Scrivs.4501

Not a bug, but I was wondering why there is no option to instantly move to your last viewed post in a thread, or at least an option to head to the final post in a thread?
I know of several much lesser known, much smaller forums that do have this feature.

It’s just that it can be quite annoying to have to go to the start of a thread, then move to the final page, and then scroll down to look for the post you last viewed to see what’s new every single time.
Especially with threads that you’re actively following.

Currently, the forum only displays the name of the user who placed the last post with a red arrow next to it (for whatever reason that is), but because I personally never pay attention to usernames, especially not with big threads, this seems fairly pointless to me.

I’m just saying, if only you could click this red arrow to head to the specific post right away. Wouldn’t that be a nice addition to the forum?
Can’t imagine this being hard to implement as well. But then again, I’m no web designer.

Anyway, just a thought.

[EU] Desolation
Mesmer – Necromancer – Ranger – Elementalist – Revenant

Last viewed post

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Hmmm.. The forum works for me in the way you are suggesting. It always takes me to the last post I viewed in a thread.

The Burninator

Last viewed post

Posted by: Scrivs.4501

Scrivs.4501

…That’s really weird. Because it honestly doesn’t for me.
Any idea if this is an option I have to turn on maybe?

[EU] Desolation
Mesmer – Necromancer – Ranger – Elementalist – Revenant

Last viewed post

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I looked at the options and didn’t see a setting for it. Do you have cookies turned off or something? I know you have to be logged in for it to work, but if you are posting here you are obviously logged in.

The Burninator