Search feature not working

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I was doing a search on Guardian Charr and for some reason it found no matches. I know there are some threads out there that contain this.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

^
Lol. Because I can’t search now and find the old threads I’ll post in this one.
Search is broke please fix it.

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Yeah, it’s really poorly implemented. Put up a real search with options like any forum, subforums, all words, any word, etc etc.

Posted by: Reginmund.5263

Reginmund.5263

All types of forum search is bugged. Any searches would either bring me 0 result or back to forum homepage

Posted by: Mega Myth.5307

Mega Myth.5307

I search for “wvw” in the guild recruitment forum and I get 1 post returned.

I search for “SF” and I get no posts returned.

I know there are multiple posts that meet this criteria. This forum is not very useful without basic searching returning accurate results.

Mega Bones – Necro
http://da-gw2.enjin.com/

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I searched commendations

A few listing for commen
1 listing for commend
0 for commenda

pages for commendati

It’s bad when you have to rely on site:forum-en.guildwars2.com in your google search to find topics on a forum.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve tested and determined that the search is only searching the currently displayed page and not all other pages in the forum category page you are on. (I just saw that this was also the conclusion reached by others in another, similar thread)

Guild Wars 2 > Forums > Support > Game Bugs
Searching from here should search all pages of Game Bugs for the criteria entered.

Guild Wars 2 > Forums
Searching from here should search all forums pages for the criteria entered.

Please fix this as soon as possible as the search feature is heavily relied upon by many for navigating subjects of interest. It is also relied upon for verifying there are no pre-existing topics when looking to create a new thread, and may lead to many similar topics being created (especially since it is patch day).

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

It doesn’t even search the shown page.

For example, I searched the bugs forum for “disabled”. Even though this thread is on the first page, search found nothing.

Thankfully noticed the above thread before creating another of my own. I wonder how many duplicate threads I’ve created because search utterly fails.

Posted by: Merryweather.2381

Merryweather.2381

Lol, was this game released yesterday? Plz fix this quickly.

Skritt, I’m hit!
Minds, words & deeds
I’m an army of one!

Posted by: Ryan Alyea

Ryan Alyea

Forum Development Team

Next

Issues where the search engine would randomly return 0 results instead of real results have been fixed.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Not for me..

I just searched for “dwayna” and it said: 0.
Then I searched for “Dwayna” and got some results, after a few seconds I again searched for “dwayna” and directly after that “Dwayna” and there were both times no results.

(edited by Navi.7142)

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Search results do still seem inconsistent as some searches return some results (though still not from all pages it seems), while identical searches return no results. Unfortunately, it is also not returning all results matching the search criteria on the same page even.

Example:
Guild Wars 2 > Forums > Support > Game Bugs
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs

On Page 2 there is a thread called “Character Creation Issue”. (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Character-Creation-Issue-2) If you search from Page 2 (or even Page 1 of game bugs) for the term “character creation”, then the results shown do not include this thread. Even if you only search for “character” you will still not see this thread in the results despite the thread also including the word “character” within the body of the thread and not just in the thread title (checked just in case “search” was only searching message text instead of also including thread title text).

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Issues where the search engine would randomly return 0 results instead of real results have been fixed.

No, it’s definitely still not working.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Still not work for me. 0 results

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Searched the main page forum page for Guardian Charr still returned 0 results.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Searched this thread for the word ‘search’, got one result. Pretty sure it’s still not working correctly.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Still receiving incorrect search results.

Example you can test at home: Search the Bugs forum for “disabled.” No quotes, no period, of course.

The single search result:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/That-content-has-been-temporarily-disabled-Please-try-again-later-1

That’s a thread from nine months ago, and it completely skips the recent thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Content-temporarily-disabled

Note also that the search (by design or by flaw) does not search for partial matches. Example: Search the Bugs forum for “projector.” One result, a post of mine made earlier today. Search the Bugs forum for “projectors” and receive multiple results from several different threads. It makes me wonder if the search is doing an exact, case-sensitive match. But that’d be just silly and I can’t imagine it doing that. …right?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Also, it’s searching before I even finish typing. In the Players Helping Players forum I tried searching for Marriner — with a post at the top of the page titled Marriners Horn — and by the time I had Marrin typed it leaped to No Results Found.

Posted by: Tajessa.9460

Tajessa.9460

Still not working for me either. Searched for “Jormag” in several relevant forums – nothing. Including the forum that had a prominent “Jormag” thread (with a reply from a dev) on the first page…

Posted by: joshisanonymous.5270

joshisanonymous.5270

I was getting 0 results for all searches before, now I get results but they don’t make sense. I searched for “skins” and got 0 results, then I searched for “skin” (without the -s) and got a whole bunch of results that highlighted the word “skins” (with the -s).

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

The Search has not been fixed. Just to make sure this is not just a problem of the search needed exact matching, I just now copy-pasted the title of the last thread I have personally posted in and entered it into the search. With 0 results. (I have also searched for just partial words from the thread title and first post, with 0 results.)

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

Definitely not working… just searched for Mai Trin… does not exist anywhere. Really?? Still searching for when she will be in.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Yeah, clearly fixed. Not.

Attachments:

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Yep, just noticed this issue. Seems the search only searches thread content, not thread titles.

Tried to find a thread on UI clutter. But only the title mentioned either of the words, none of the entries in the thread did until i made a entry myself with the word clutter in it. Now it shows up on searches (and if i search on clutter, so will likely this one as well).

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

In my case, NEVER gets ANY result. This has been going on for so long, I thought it was something in my navigator or account, and nobody else was having it…

Iruwen.3164

Yep, just noticed this issue. Seems the search only searches thread content, not thread titles.

Not even that.

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

There is no excuse for not fixing this already, the search function hasn’t been working for the past month.
Is it possible to know if you guys are working on this issue or not ?

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Posted by: Wolly.7240

Wolly.7240

Not working for me, either. Tried searching for threads by title and content. No results.

I even tried searching within this very thread and nothing was returned.

Please look into this some more.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Still not work. Searched for exist topic by name – 0 results.

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

Still broken for me too. No results for “Twilight Arbor”. I did manage to get one result when I searched “ta”. The search result had nothing to do with twilight arbor so it was useless to me.

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

ditto. kinda annoying.

Just searched “Guild” in the “Guild Recruitment” forum. 0 results.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

One problem is that search capitalizes the first letter of the searched word and this can give zero results. For example, I searched this thread for matches (first post). It autocapitalized the word and gave zero results. I then forced it to not capitalize and then it gave a result.

Iruwen.3164

That’s really only one problem then, because it also doesn’t give any results for "Guardian" which is also in the first post and indeed capitalized.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

When I use the search function, it doesn’t automatically capitalize any of the words. Regardless, the function doesn’t work. I hope it gets some attention soon.

Posted by: Musky.2304

Musky.2304

The forum search feature does not work well by any stretch of the imagination.

It does not appear to search the subject title. For example, if I search for Search feature then 0 articles are found even though that is in the title of this article and it is currently the first non-sticky article in this forum.

It does seems to search article content for words but results are sketchy. It does seem to search the most recent article subject for keywords but this is not always the case.

It is very hard to see a pattern in what is going wrong apart from the subject title not being searched for.

The easiest way to see the failing of the forum search is to go to any forum then go to the very first article ever posted there and find some unique keywords it has. Trying to search for these keywords will return 0 results.

The inability for us to be able to search these forums leads to repeated questions and frustration on the user end and, I’m sure, on the developer end. Please, please address this as soon as possible.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I’ve been experiencing this for weeks. It makes following up with issues troublesome, especially when the topic gets pushed pages down. It is also bad to see tons of the same topic over and over again.

I tried clearing the cookies, history, and cache, then reloading the browser and I’m still having this.

Posted by: Nyx Xox.3540

Nyx Xox.3540

Are you guys gonna fix this, some sort of update or acknowledgement on the issue would be helpful to us.

Its Nyx Yo
[CNB] Guild leader/Commander
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Ah, no. They haven’t. Even the simplest search terms results in 0 results found.

Posted by: wolfram.8291

wolfram.8291

Searched for “search” and got 0 results.

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

Not fixed. Search returns either zero results, or really few results – one or two.

Posted by: Portal Master.9146

Portal Master.9146

Not fixed still. I would really like to be able to search the forums again.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Search in the Looking for Guild does not work.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: phoenix.1862

phoenix.1862

Ugh, why haven’t they fixed this yet?!

Posted by: Petrus Petraeus.7368

Petrus Petraeus.7368

Still doesn’t work. Just to try it out a little I tried searching ‘House’ and ‘Housing’ in the Suggestions forums, knowing that there are many threads and post concerning this topic, and I seem to either receive no results or very recent posts, wherefore I think that the system for some reason only gives results from the page your watching instead of the entire forums, or only results that were posted the same day or something similar.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Was going to post a topic, but since there is already one I will just say that search is still broken and has been for quite some time.

How the heck are we supposed to find any information on your forums?!?!

Posted by: Lunchbox.9543

Lunchbox.9543

Guys, it’s not broken, it’s just very, very lazy.

“I’m doing good in the game, so I’m doing good in life!”
Charlie

Posted by: curlydim.8461

curlydim.8461

Search is broken dude … Not sure why you call it lazy, since it’s not lazy, but non existent … Been this way for a while for me …

Posted by: zeeZ.5713

zeeZ.5713

• Fix: Search engine now always returns 0 results instead of real results.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kill Momma.6127

Kill Momma.6127

Just use google to search for forums. Thats what I’ve been doing….sigh

HOD [PHZE]
Chemistry can be a good and bad thing. Good when you make love with it. Bad when you make crack.

Posted by: curlydim.8461

curlydim.8461

We have! That isn’t the point … The forums should be working, why am I forced to use google when I should be simply able to use “Search” ??