Search feature not working

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It seems to not do anything at all now. Maybe that is a sign they are working on it. I guess we hope so.

The Burninator

Posted by: BooBeeInc.5943

BooBeeInc.5943

Yeah, I’ve been having problems with it for a while now. A week ago it would try to search every time I would type a letter. Now it doesn’t search at all.

Posted by: Ubaminotaur.1059

Ubaminotaur.1059

+1 ^ ….cmon anet…need this fixing :-)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I have been attempting to find certain topics, but for some reason the search function does not seem to be working. It appears to be grayed out and I do not see it loading anything.

Seems like a mess to me.

lynspottery.6529

Issues where the search engine would randomly return 0 results instead of real results have been fixed.

No, this is NOT fixed. I have been attempting to search different topics and I get zero return for any of my searches.

Search function is not working!!

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

My searches are doing nothing at all. Its as if I just loaded up the forum page with out a search. Bleh!

Posted by: Demon King.2475

Demon King.2475

One thing that kinda works is using google and doing "forum-en.guildwars2.com: " then what you are searching for and google will show results similar to what you searched. It may be a good temp help.

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Anet,

It’s sad when your customers have to use a search engine website to search for topics on your GW2 forum page because you’re too kitten inept at coding a simple search function on your own kitten webpage. WTKitten?!!

And another thing – please DO NOT code the search box to trigger the search using the on select change event! Wait for the user to presse ENTER. (C’mon… this should be common sense!) I honestly feel you need to hire someone else for this task.

One thing that kinda works is using google and doing "forum-en.guildwars2.com: " then what you are searching for and google will show results similar to what you searched. It may be a good temp help.

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

Posted by: ravenheart.2743

ravenheart.2743

Search option in forum is totally unresponsive, has been for months.

This is such a crucial function the whole forums are Broken…. esp when you ask we search so as not to double post…well we cant.

Sigh this is such a simple issue it does not exactly inspire confidence.
Please fix this issue so we have a functioning forum system.

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

I’ve always been a huge fan of how Guild Wars 2 Guru did it – a proper search, together with a built-in automated search when you start new threads, to alert you if similar topics exists.

GW2Guru actually uses one of the best solutions for forums/community pages around, which is IP.board - something like this would be the only solution to make this pile of … over here usable. But it seems not trivial to switch the forums software…

(btw. not only the search function is broken, but also the paginations, redirects etc.)

(edited by smiley.1438)

Posted by: Neith.2318

Neith.2318

old thread same problem. search function not working for me.

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Not working for me, too.

Posted by: Merry.7290

Merry.7290

Yes, the search function does not work. Say you are looking for a guild on your server, you will have to cull through many pages and pages to try and find one. In other words, it’s almost completely useless.

This is an important feature of every forum and please, please, Anet fix it. We need your forums to work properly.

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

lol .. it never works since .. forever. google works. this forum .. nop.

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

For me search doesn’t return 0 results, it just does nothing. Forum display doesn’t change.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Posted by: babymonsterx.1742

babymonsterx.1742

The search function is completely unresponsive for me.

Astrid Grey ~ Mesmer
Jade Quarry NA

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Given it’s been over a year we got the same incomplete, bugged forum, I think we’ll never have a forum working correctly …
We’re still waiting for search feature to be fixed and ant to have a clickable “mark all read”

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So how long is this search still out? It must be one hell of a bug.

Posted by: Cyrael Pelingar.9650

Cyrael Pelingar.9650

Search has not been working for me either. Good to see Anet reports (incorrectly) that it was fixed, then ignores the repeated messages that it still doesn’t work.

Posted by: Theundersigned.4761

Theundersigned.4761

Just going to reiterate a point made earlier that you can use Google search to look for threads in the forum if you absolutely have to.

Go to Google and type in site:https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/
Then just space and type the keyword(s) you’re searching for.

This works pretty well in my experience and is a decent replacement for an actual forum search function.

(edited by Theundersigned.4761)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Makes me wonder why there even is a search field in this forum.

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

At least temporanely (or permanently?) remove it, so it doesn’t mislead new players

Oh well, at least they don’t tell us “Please, use the search button next time”

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Not working for me either.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

Search the forum is not working at all – no matter what browser I use.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I tried using the search function in the general discussion forums and it seems that nothing happens. Has anyone been able to get it working?

JustTrogdor.7892

^^^ I don’t think it works for anyone and I don’t know if Anet cares.

The Burninator

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

Not to clutter this thread any (as I am providing no useful information)… but I have the same issue. I’m also willing to give details on this if directed. I’d like to be able to search the forums again =)

Posted by: Espionage.3685

Espionage.3685

Issues where the search engine would randomly return 0 results instead of real results have been fixed.

No, this is NOT fixed. I have been attempting to search different topics and I get zero return for any of my searches.

Search function is not working!!

If you’ve seen the date of that post, it was months ago. So the issue could’ve very well been fixed at that point of time. Doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the case currently…

Pretty sure it goes without saying, but search doesn’t work for me either currently.

Might be able to use Google to do the searching on the forums. With Chrome, you can use “SEARCH WORDS site:forum-en.guildwars2.com” (without quotes). Could just also search “SEARCH WORDS gw2 forums” and then limit Google to only check the forums url as well.

lynspottery.6529

Search function NOT FIXED…..still a mess and it is already
the middle of September 2013.

Will someone please respond to this ridiculous issue? This post from Ryan Alyea is two months old and no one has bothered to return to this thread to respond.

I cannot believe a company with a large consumer base that had a functioning search function not long ago, has failed to even acknowledge there is a problem.

I should not have to use another company’s search function to find what I am looking for on this company’s forums. Not only is that silly, its poor business.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: XingWongBochChoi.9854

XingWongBochChoi.9854

H-h-hello? Anet? Is it fixed yet? H-hello?

Auskaaaaaaa~

lynspottery.6529

H-h-hello? Anet? Is it fixed yet? H-hello?

…echo, echo, echo…….>>>>>..

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i wanted to find out whether there were previous posts about something, and cannot do a search. neither enter, nor clicking the hourglass in the search window, will prompt a search. basically, the window stays as-is.

i tried this first in chrome, then tried it again in internet explorer — both have the most current version updates, and it worked in neither.

JustTrogdor.7892

It isn’t browser dependent and has been broken completely for a few weeks now. Before that it would only return a few results at best. Hopefully the fact that it doesn’t do anything at all now means they disabled it to work on it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i saw the previous post about it returning few, if any, results … and the response saying “it’s fixed.” you’re right, they could be related, and with luck, they ARE working on it, because it do be broke!

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Dear Mr or Mrs or Miss forum master.

We the people demand you fix the search function that CLEARLY does not work when doing a search.

This has been going on at least 3 months that the search function hasn’t worked and has regularly been asked to be fixed. But I guess like the GW’s2 Dev’s you don’t care enough to do something about what your community actually want!

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

I wouldn’t care about this post if I were them either.

Firebird Gomer.9563

Wow what a nice person you are. Come back when you want to be nice again.

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

How ironic that you should care so much about how nice my post is.

Firebird Gomer.9563

No unfortunately for you the true irony is that the sarcasm your using is the wit of the stupid =-)

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Forum bugs should be reported here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/forum

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Fationably Late.2518

Fationably Late.2518

As of right now, this is the error I get in Chrome Console when using the search feature:
POST https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/search/topic/209127.json 404 (Not Found) application-2be81b7a23d84dfaa33aced0e370c0d6.js:67
send application-2be81b7a23d84dfaa33aced0e370c0d6.js:67
s.extend.ajax application-2be81b7a23d84dfaa33aced0e370c0d6.js:67
N application-2be81b7a23d84dfaa33aced0e370c0d6.js:68

Error on searching. application-2be81b7a23d84dfaa33aced0e370c0d6.js:68

— This happens as soon as I stop typing. Hope it helps.

By the way, I’m looking for info on why the Tier 3 Cultural Armor is 119 Gold while Tier 2 is 7 Gold.

Necro, Thief (m)
Gates of Madness

Posted by: fullafaith.2309

fullafaith.2309

Not working for me either…0 results for anything I type in search

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

The search function on this site is horrible. I don’t know if it’s too strict or simply doesn’t work. I would beg, but i’d doubt it do any good. “Get a better set of tools, or just buy into one of the proven forum software and reskin it” no offense to the people that coded it, it’s a huge undertaking, but good lord, it’s bad.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Before the search would result in 0 or in too few/ wrong results which already has not been satisfying at this time.
And now it simply does nothing. It just does not search. (Or at least it does not show that it is searching not to mention that there are no results displayed. Nothing.)

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I don’t even get results. I can type w/e I want into the search bar and nothing on the web page changes, it’s like it doesn’t even recognize the search bar anymore. I don’t want to repost topics if they are already there :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’m new to the forum and was trying to locate something only to find 3 months old problem and still no solution? Wow.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The search function has never ever worked or performed good. I think that Anet should make a decision to give this crappy tool up and make a powered by google search tool. Google is allready 500 times better then the forums search tool, and it is there to use. It is very easy tom implement.

So please burry this crappy tool under a pile of dirt (may it rest in peace), and just ad a google search bar here.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: FLchick.7950

FLchick.7950

My search doesn’t do anything. It’s like it isn’t even there although I can type something in, it just doesn’t acknowledge it.

Posted by: guitarking.6409

guitarking.6409

Same problem for me

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Search is COMPLETELY BROKEN, guess I will just create duplicate threads since I can’t possibly FIND ANYTHING from the past.