Thread moved to 'trashcan' forum

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

I got a PM from a moderator saying a message I posted was moved to said forum. The message also contained a link to a “how to report a bug” thread, but the link to the moved message was dead (404 error). How am I to post it again in a “constructive manner” if I don’t know watcha talkin’ about Willis?

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I got a PM from a moderator saying a message I posted was moved to said forum. The message also contained a link to a “how to report a bug” thread, but the link to the moved message was dead (404 error). How am I to post it again in a “constructive manner” if I don’t know watcha talkin’ about Willis?

I just came here looking for the answer to the exact same question. I only posted, to the best of my recollection, in a few things this morning, and they are both there?

But the way it’s presented, they are asking you to “post better” and are happy to let you re-submit your post, after learning from how to respond properly, but I have no idea what I said in the post that was deleted? I’d submit a ticket, but I don’t see a category regarding forum post infractions?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you wish to ask about forum issues, you send an email to forums@arena.net

I got one of those messages, as well, and I believe it was just a moderator …um… slip-up. What likely happened is that a thread was deleted, and all posts in it removed. The message we got should have only gone to the thread author, but mistakenly went to everyone that posted in it. There were no infractions involved, unless you specifically got the message in the title of your PM: ‘Your Post Has Been Infracted!’

It’s happened before…

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

OK, well, mine was exactly like Eric’s. Didn’t say anything about an infraction. I’ll just not worry about it then. Thanks.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Happy to help when I can. You are welcome. =)

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

So nothing to worry about, then. Thanks for the info!

Though I do want to know what was it about.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

What likely happened is that a thread was deleted, and all posts in it removed.

Yes, some time ago I got a similar PM and then I replied to it asking about what thread it was referring to and someone from support told me that was from a deleted thread. They told me there wasn’t wrong with my post though. Their exact response was: “The thread was removed, but your post wasn’t disruptive or bad. It was just a notification to let you know why the thread was removed.” Hehe I even suggested it would be good to have a better wording as it made me feel puzzled.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I did, as well, and when I sent in a request/ticket about it, the answer was much the same, and that it was just one of the choices a Moderator can send out in those Mod PMs, even if it wasn’t the best choice.

Nothing to worry about. =)