Website pages not showing anything

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

Since last week, whenever I click on a news page on the front page, I get a blank page as shown below.

Attachments:

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried a different browser? I don’t get any blank pages with Firefox.

Also, you might check your language preference in your browser tools, and other options that might affect web pages. Actually, it looks like the page (except for headers, etc.) is all shifted over to the left. I’m not familiar with which options or selections might control where text, etc. is placed on a page. Perhaps, someone else with more knowledge will post here.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Croustibat.7035

Croustibat.7035

I have the exact same problem. I’m using Firefox 31.0. I tried different language preferences but nothing …

Delune.4817

I use firefox as well, still not showing the pages….

Guild Leader of [TK]

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I had exactly the same issue and I noted it may be exactly the same on your case. I see you use ADP and I found out that one of its filters cause that pages to appear blank. Check if you have Fanboy’s Annoyance list on your filters and turn it off then reload the page. I believe it will solve the issue (now I just need to figure out which specific line of that filter causes it). I believe it’s related to that social widgets used in that page, somehow it’s tied to the page layout that’s broken by that filter then.

Edit: I found out the “culprit”. In Fanboy’s Annoyance List there is a rule “###backtotop” that causes the layout to break. Disable that rule alone if you want to keep the filter or disable the whole list. This would be just a workaround only, the page would need some rework I think.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Delune.4817

Thank you so much that fixed it! <3

Guild Leader of [TK]

Posted by: Croustibat.7035

Croustibat.7035

Thank you so much !
No more Internet Explorer \o/

shadow.6174

No more Internet Explorer \o/

Just.. LOL xD And yw, glad I could help.

Posted by: narosis.6398

narosis.6398

I’m having the issue where the main site [the forums are strangely unaffected, most likely due to them being maintained on a different server perhaps?] appears to have lost it’s formatting [as depicted in the attached screenshot]. I’m using Firefox [I NEVER use Internet Explorer & I gave up on Chrome because I noticed that it “calls home” entirely too much for my taste. Any suggestions? I mean is it just me or is this a site issue?

Attachments:

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

I’m having the issue where the main site [the forums are strangely unaffected, most likely due to them being maintained on a different server perhaps?] appears to have lost it’s formatting [as depicted in the attached screenshot]. I’m using Firefox [I NEVER use Internet Explorer & I gave up on Chrome because I noticed that it “calls home” entirely too much for my taste. Any suggestions? I mean is it just me or is this a site issue?

I’m having the same issue, but people I talked to in-game say it’s working fine for them. It happened to me when I was on the WvW tournament page and I pressed refresh. It broke as a result. I have the exact same screen as you do in that screenshot when viewing the main webpage. Strangely, only the “www.guildwars2.com” url is affected. If the url is something like “forums.guildwars2.com” or “buy.guildwars2.com” then the website works just fine and dandy.

I’ve tried everything from a hard refresh to clearing the browser cache (all of it) to uninstalling and re-installing browsers and nothing seems to work. Seems to be a problem with the WvW tournament page in particular, but I could be wrong.

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

I have been having the same problem as narosis.6398 for the last couple of days. The website seems pretty broken.

I have tried it both in Firefox and Internet Explorer. Both have the same issue.

Attachments:

Posted by: narosis.6398

narosis.6398

Thank you for your replies, it’s a help to know that I am not the only person experiencing this issue. It is also helpful to know that the steps one would normally take in a situation such as this [clearing the cache, trying other browsers, removing & reinstalling browsers of choice] are exercises in futility… Has anyone attempted to change their DNS Server(s) to see if it might resolve the issue? [I am unable to do so, the TWC telephony modem won’t allow me to change the DNS Servers] Just wondering…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I have TWC, but I am not having any issue with any of the pages. I’m not sure why some people are experiencing this and others do not.

I do, however, always have this issue with PCGamer website. At least the top of the page there. /shrug

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

Same thing here….

Attachments:

Posted by: phyrr.4750

phyrr.4750

^
Same issue as above posters in Chrome.

Works fine in IE11.

Attachments:

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I’m having that same problem. Something broke the main site for some people. The forums, on the other hand, look just fine.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

shadow.6174

For me it’s looking normal. It seems like something like CSS is missing there. Try to force refresh the page (usually CTRL+F5) or clear your cache and then refreshing the page again. Probably some of files in cache got corrupted due page being in maintenance and then it needs a fresh new copy of the page.

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Still broken Firefox and Chrome. Refresh nor cache dump fixes this.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hey,

So when I go to the Guild Wars 2 home page, it looks like the picture I attached. It is only the homepage and if i click on any of the links it goes back to normal. I’m using google crome. This is the only website that is happening to me on.

Attachments:

Inculpatus cedo.9234

shadow.6174

Do you get some error or page just loads like that? I wonder if something could be blocking parts of the page (like CSS) causing it to fail to mount the page.

EDIT: I may have found a possible cause. Removing one of the CSS loaded made me see the page as you guys see. Try to see if you can access this https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/css/gw2.4104382584.css?ver=3.5.2 . It should appear like a simply text file with some codes (for those not familiar with CSS). If you can’t access it sucessfully then it could be the cause, this file isn’t loading for you for some reason.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: mahri.8410

mahri.8410

Hi. When I open the main webpage ( https://www.guildwars2.com/en/ ), it doesn’t display right.

I have tested on various browsers and got the same thing:

Mozilla Firefox Desktop
Google Chrome Desktop
Opera Mini Android
Internet Samsung Android 2.3x default browser

I have also provided a screenshoot. Note that this problem is only with the main page and announcements. If I click Forum, support or wiki, it is displayed right.

I have provided a screenshot.

Attachments:

Posted by: neilug hyuga.5634

neilug hyuga.5634

It looks like there is no more CSS rules.

It will come back soon I guess

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Was looking like that all morning for me, but now it is back to normal.

Posted by: billanator.1259

billanator.1259

Still not working.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Using Mozilla (SeaMonkey) and still have issues, it displays the page in text format, something is wrong with CSS. No issues with any other Web Site, so it’s some thing with GuildWars 2.com.

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Still having issues. Mozilla 32.0.1 clearing cache does not change situation. Also checked in Chrome, still broken there also.

Also turned of Avast!, ABP, and Ghostery. Still getting broken page.

(edited by Roybe.5896)

Posted by: Jikap.6547

Jikap.6547

Got the same problem as well.

Using firefox on Win 8.1

Attachments:

Jikap
Elementalist
Ring of Fire

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Still not working. Tested on both Chrome and Explorer and on two separate computers.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Posted by: billanator.1259

billanator.1259

Lets blame the intern until they fix the issue.

shadow.6174

As I posted before, can you guys access https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/css/gw2.4104382584.css?ver=3.5.2 ? Possibly it is the buggy CSS that doesn’t get loaded for some reason. If you can’t access it directly then there must have something wrong.

shadow.6174

Sorann Peace.9056

As I posted before, can you guys access https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/css/gw2.4104382584.css?ver=3.5.2 ? Possibly it is the buggy CSS that doesn’t get loaded for some reason. If you can’t access it directly then there must have something wrong.

I clicked on it, it was basically the same thing as the screenshot the other guy posted (basically the buggy main website page), with the only difference being a small segment where it displayed the words “Foo! Quaggan cannot find page!” in little black letters. There’s a screenshot of it below.

EDIT: I also want to add that the website glitched literally as I refreshed the WvW Tournament page. It happened like this:

1. Accesses website just fine.
2. Clicks on WvW tournament page. Displays just fine.
3. Hits refresh. Everything breaks.

Also, I did notice when the WvW tournament page displayed ‘properly’ many of the widgets did not align correctly which is why I refreshed it to see if that would fix the alignment problems. On the contrary, it broke it further. How ironic.

I truly think that page is the culprit. It’s a new page on the website, and this only started happening once that page was added. It has to be that page.

EDIT 2: Also want to add, because I nearly forgot, when it first broke, I spent hours trying to see if I could fix it on my end, and I used the browser’s little debugger tool to see what was going on, and I explicitly remembered it saying that, according to the timestamp, around the time I viewed the WvW tournament page, something on the website ‘disabled’ the CSS, or so the debugger seemed to imply.

The way it was worded seemed to imply to me that that specific page I was on was the one which did that, but it was getting late so I wasn’t able to come on here and mention it, and only just now remembered. The timestamp for that was exactly when I was viewing the tournament page, and I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Would be nice to know if anybody else who is suffering from this viewed that page at any point before things broke.

The Page in Question: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/wvw-fall-2014/

EDIT 3: Checked some of the screenshots in the thread and noticed that each screenshot save for one had a link saying “LEARN MORE” highlighted in purple as if it had been clicked, and that link takes you to the page I’m talking about. The one which didn’t show that wasn’t a screenshot of the main webpage anyways, so he may’ve still clicked it.

Attachments:

(edited by Sorann Peace.9056)

Sorann Peace.9056

There’s already a topic discussion going on about this in the thread shadow posted, although the thread was kind of stolen. The original point of that thread was also about a website display glitch but it was slightly different. I suppose the guy who first brought the current display glitch up thought it was similar enough to post there rather than make a new topic, but nevertheless…

Don’t make duplicate threads!

Posted by: ZannaWhite.1385

ZannaWhite.1385

Same problem here, waiting for fix

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

I’m getting the same error. It happened to me when I first came to the site today, it looked normal. I clicked the link to the Overwolf announcement page, I got a Quaggan 404 page and ever since then the front page and a few others, not the entire site, looks like that.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

shadow.6174

I have made a query to see how that page looks in different systems and browsers. I can’t see any relationship between who is having the issue or not. All mentioned pages are looking normal for me though. The query I did can be found here: http://browsershots.org/https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

I clicked on it, it was basically the same thing as the screenshot the other guy posted (basically the buggy main website page), with the only difference being a small segment where it displayed the words "Foo! Quaggan cannot find page!" in little black letters.

Question, did you click the link I provided in my post and it gave you a "page not found" error? If so that’s can be the reason, in some way your browser/system can’t find the CSS needed for that page.

Following the link I posted should give you something like this:

h2,h3,h4,h5,.eason{font-family:EasonPro,"Times New Roman",serif}.tk-cronos-pro{font-family:CronosPro,arial,helvetica,sans-serif}a{text-decoration:none;color:#d6230c;cursor:pointer}h2{font-size:46px}h3{font-size:32px}h3 a{color:#1c1c1c}h4{font-size:20px}h5{font-size:17px}strong,em.strong{font-weight:bold}em,strong.em{font-style:italic}u{text-decoration:underline}sup{vertical-align:super;font-size:.6em}p.small,.small-type{font-size:.8em}.hide{display:none}.hide-txt{text-indent:-1000em;overflow:hidden}.u-pull-1-5{margin-left:-20%}.block{display:block}.nowrap{white-space:nowrap}.legal ol,.legal ul,.decimal,.disc{margin:20px 0;line-height:1.6}.legal li,.decimal li,.disc li{margin-top:10px;margin-left:2em}.legal li li{padding-left:2em}ul.disc li{list-style:disc}ol.decimal li{list-style:decimal}ol.alpha li{list-style:lower-alpha}ol.roman li{list-style:lower-roman}ol.alpha.bracketedli,ol.roman.bracketedli{counter-reset:bracketedli}ol.alpha.bracketedli li:before{content:"(" counter(bracketedli,lower-alpha) ") ";padding-right:5px}ol.roman.bracketedli li:before{content:"(" counter(bracketedli,lower-roman) ") ";

In case it doesn’t then there could be some issue there.

(edited by shadow.6174)

shadow.6174

Hehe, that was the reason I posted the link here, because there was a current discussion about this on that thread, even though it wasn’t the original issue on that thread.

Sorann Peace.9056

I have made a query to see how that page looks in different systems and browsers. I can’t see any relationship between who is having the issue or not. All mentioned pages are looking normal for me though. The query I did can be found here: http://browsershots.org/https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

I clicked on it, it was basically the same thing as the screenshot the other guy posted (basically the buggy main website page), with the only difference being a small segment where it displayed the words “Foo! Quaggan cannot find page!” in little black letters.

Question, did you click the link I provided in my post and it gave you a “page not found” error? If so that’s can be the reason, in some way your browser/system can’t find the CSS needed for that page.

Following the link I posted should give you something like this:

h2,h3,h4,h5,.eason{font-family:EasonPro,“Times New Roman”,serif}.tk-cronos-pro{font-family:CronosPro,arial,helvetica,sans-serif}a{text-decoration:none;color:#d6230c;cursor:pointer}h2{font-size:46px}h3{font-size:32px}h3 a{color:#1c1c1c}h4{font-size:20px}h5{font-size:17px}strong,em.strong{font-weight:bold}em,strong.em{font-style:italic}u{text-decoration:underline}sup{vertical-align:super;font-size:.6em}p.small,.small-type{font-size:.8em}.hide{display:none}.hide-txt{text-indent:-1000em;overflow:hidden}.u-pull-1-5{margin-left:-20%}.block{display:block}.nowrap{white-space:nowrap}.legal ol,.legal ul,.decimal,.disc{margin:20px 0;line-height:1.6}.legal li,.decimal li,.disc li{margin-top:10px;margin-left:2em}.legal li li{padding-left:2em}ul.disc li{list-style:disc}ol.decimal li{list-style:decimal}ol.alpha li{list-style:lower-alpha}ol.roman li{list-style:lower-roman}ol.alpha.bracketedli,ol.roman.bracketedli{counter-reset:bracketedli}ol.alpha.bracketedli li:before{content:“(” counter(bracketedli,lower-alpha) ") “;padding-right:5px}ol.roman.bracketedli li:before{content:”(" counter(bracketedli,lower-roman) ") ";

In case it doesn’t then there could be some issue there.

It gave a 404 error, I didn’t get a page not found error. And that code you listed wasn’t there. Again, I attached a screenshot of what popped up when I clicked your link at the bottom of my previous post, so you can see exactly what I saw by checking that.

Although I suppose getting a 404 error is roughly the same thing.

shadow.6174

Hehe yes, 404 is the error code for “Page not found”, sorry if I wasn’t clear about it. And ok, since your screenshoot seemed to be the main page I just wanted to make sure if you tried the link I posted above.

Still weird, possibly that’s the issue. The link I posted is for the CSS used by the main page and for some reason it doesn’t get loaded for you. Hmm…

EDIT: Basic test: see if any of you are able to access https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/ , it should redirect you to the main page, same as https://www.guildwars2.com/en/. I wonder if that domain could be getting blocked for you guys somehow.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Same here since yesterday.

Posted by: Misfit.6250

Misfit.6250

I got the same problem a few days ago and got fed up with it, so I started digging in the source code of the homepage and found the CSS to be unreachable, just like shadow.6174 did. For some reason there are a few errors when the page requests resources from the server as can be seen in the console, so I higly doubt that it is a problem on our side.

Note: the net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT is adblock stuff and turning it off didn’t fix the problem.

Attachments:

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

Same problem. Been like that for a few days now.

Posted by: Peshyy.4196

Peshyy.4196

Yep, I’ve had this same thing for like a week or so.. inspecting the code was the first thing I did and I saw I didn’t have access to the CSS. I don’t know why but ANet should fix it, it’s quite annoying.. gonna attach a screen where it shows I don’t have access to the CSS and it shows it’s looking for it. Using Chrome on Windows 7 (previously on Windows 8.1)

Attachments:

Posted by: Dimos Avergis.1864

Dimos Avergis.1864

The missing JS and CCS files:

https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/js/_config.2029084577.js
https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/css/gw2.4104382584.css?ver=3.5.2

Both files are 23.49Kb big.

Can’t access the .staticwars subdomain, maybe a DNS problem or so? I mean when its working for some people…

Posted by: NathanH.1465

NathanH.1465

Same problem here. According to my developer tools the files:
https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/css/gw2.4104382584.css?ver=3.5.2
and
https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/js/_config.2029084577.js
both return a 404 error message.

Files from static.staticwars.com load without any problem (for example:
https://static.staticwars.com/combo/_/yui/3.9.0/cssreset/cssreset-min.css ).
(Europe calling using the google dns settings)

Dimos Avergis.1864

and

ok, that link u posted works fine, just the two other files aren’t working / loading 404 error here too.. strange

Maybe its has something to do with the same size of both files? I mean its strange for me that both size has the exact same size according to Firefox-console…

Posted by: Alcarin.9024

Alcarin.9024

I had tha same problem, it is due to a 404 error on css file (that define the style of the page). I solved the problem opening this page https://guildwars2.staticwars.com/wp-content/themes/guildwars2.com-live/css/gw2.4104382584.css?ver=3.5.2 and pressing CTRL-F5, if you don’t see a lot of text like the attached image, press CTRL-F5 again until you see it. It worked the first time with Chrome, with Firefox I had to do it 5 or 6 times.
After that you see that text, you could open GW2 homepage.

It could work also clearing the browser cache.

For Developers: I see other files with 404 errors, I can read “X-Cache Error from cloudfront” in response header, are there problems identifying if the requested file is cached or not?

Attachments:

Posted by: Peshyy.4196

Peshyy.4196

and

ok, that link u posted works fine, just the two other files aren’t working / loading 404 error here too.. strange

Maybe its has something to do with the same size of both files? I mean its strange for me that both size has the exact same size according to Firefox-console…

It might not be the size.. it might be file permissions.. especially if their servers are using a Unix OS.. the permissions might be set to something else by someone and thus leading to this issue I hope ANet realises what has happened and fixes it pretty soon.. -_-

Dimos Avergis.1864

and

It might not be the size.. it might be file permissions.. especially if their servers are using a Unix OS.. the permissions might be set to something else by someone and thus leading to this issue I hope ANet realises what has happened and fixes it pretty soon.. -_-

Ye, but it indicates for me that both files have the same content, which would be a bit of a failure when a JS contains CSS information or
other way around :P… but when its works for some, that might be wrong than… so ANet really knows how to make compact files with the same size :P

EDIT://

Is there no texture for " :P " ?
Lets try some others: :O :F :| :I :l

(edited by Dimos Avergis.1864)