250 Chances | Magic Find 140% + Booster

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

Hi there,

Just wanted to share, remeber your magic find affects your opening of champion boxes and chances I assume.

I currently have 140% magic find + birthday booster = 240%

I opened 250 chances, so far I have had one Chaos of Lyssa, 2 minis and 1 spore backpack.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

MF and other stuff that effects MF has no effect on boxes of any type. It only effects monster drops.

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

Chilli.2976

Nope, one of the developers posted in the PvP forums about 2 months ago, here is the link.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Magic-Find-PvP-Mystery-Chest/first#post3967957

I can also confirm that Magic Find will affect the Npc boxes(Example Skelk Reward box, Bear Reward Box) on the reward tracks! Those boxes are there to represent players killing that kind of mob in PvE, but without being in PvE. As loot from killing a monster in PvE is affected my magic find we wanted a similar system in PvP so we came up with these Npc Loot Boxes. So salvage all the things and get ready for April 15th!!!!

Rebound.3409

99% that only applies in PvP

Chilli.2976

Unless is also applies to PvE, which they have not said yet that it does not.

Rebound.3409

They have said numerous times that MF doesn’t apply to chests in PvE atleast over the course of 2 years now. Also the WIKI says the same thing. As someone linked above..i will quote from the wiki:

" Magic Find is both an account bonus and a character attribute that increases the chance to receive higher-quality loot from slain foes and from structured PvP reward track loot boxes.

It does not affect any other containers (including champion loot bags), any chests, or any other source of loot."

That’s all it effects. That anet post just confirmed what the wiki already says.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Hydroclasm.8572

Hydroclasm.8572

I’m not sure why you think that quote indicates MF affects PvE containers. It specifically says it affects the NPC boxes on the reward tracks. There aren’t reward tracks in PvE. Also, it specifically says MF is affecting those PvP boxes because they’re supposed to be roughly equivalent to killing something in PvE. Not opening a box in PvE.

Chilli.2976

Well, considering how broken the game currently is – I wouldn’t be surprised if it effect the chests, unless a developer can reply and confirm that it does not.

Rebound.3409

U just want to dream that your MF investment wasn’t completely useless and desperately want the game to be broken in your advantage Well good luck with that ^.^

PS. Devs don’t usually reply to stuff that has been said 1000 times, is described in the wiki, and almost all players confirmed It’s just u not accepting the truth.

I have 232 or 233 MF without any buffs. Buffed i opened almost double your boxes and didn’t get anything. Now tell me again how MF affects it Loot in this game is a lottery nothing more.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Actually, they did, when they said this.
“Those boxes are there to represent players killing that kind of mob in PvE, but without being in PvE”

MF only affects mob drops.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

and even if MF affected these boxes, 250 is a pretty insignificant sample size.

I got 4 monocles and a chaos recipe in 500 chances, which is on the upper end of RNG rolls.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is a good example of how one person can completely misunderstand what a Dev quoted.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is a good example of how one person can completely misunderstand what a Dev quoted.

Misunderstand or not read?

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I suspect the OP is right. I know from extensive testing that some “containers” are affected by MF, however crazy people will call me for it. All I care about is results. And yes, I did also test the gauntlet chances with and without MF boosts but consider my sample size for testing (comparable to the OP, except twice the amount as it was with and without MF) thus far way too small to draw any conclusions.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

It doesn’t work like that, mate.

I claim that Healing Power affects direct damage and as a proof I say that developers haven’t said otherwise. See? It’s silly.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I suspect the OP is right. I know from extensive testing that some “containers” are affected by MF, however crazy people will call me for it. All I care about is results. And yes, I did also test the gauntlet chances with and without MF boosts but consider my sample size for testing (comparable to the OP, except twice the amount as it was with and without MF) thus far way too small to draw any conclusions.

In my own, personal research, I’ve discovered that by wearing certain boxers while playing on my laptop, Zomorros is more likely to give me Precursors. Days that I eat an orange and a banana for breakfast will yield less Rare drops than when I eat two packs of oatmeal. On a similar note, standing on one leg while opening Heavy Loot Bags tend to give me better mats.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

In my own, personal research, I’ve discovered that by wearing certain boxers while playing on my laptop, Zomorros is more likely to give me Precursors. Days that I eat an orange and a banana for breakfast will yield less Rare drops than when I eat two packs of oatmeal. On a similar note, standing on one leg while opening Heavy Loot Bags tend to give me better mats.

I need a pair of Precursor boxers x_x

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It’s so much easier to ridicule this than to actually do proper testing, right?

Answers like these are the reason I stopped sharing my test results. Tests that were in the 20k of the same container range, with and without MF, showing a 500% to 800% greater output difference in favor of MF. But please, stay in your comfort zone and I’ll keep focusing on what gives me results.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

In my own, personal research, I’ve discovered that by wearing certain boxers while playing on my laptop, Zomorros is more likely to give me Precursors.

I fear to see your laundry, sir ;D

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

I’ve probably only opened around 200 chances in total.
Last night i thought i’d just use my remaining 50 tickets before the event ends, and what’ya know.. BOOM! Chaos Of lyssa

Posted by: phoenixXx.9105

phoenixXx.9105

I don’t know what others are saying but so far I had 2 Tequatl hoardes dropped when I buffed my MF to around 250%. I also got 2 other ascended chest at tequatl when I was buffed.

And no, I don’t kill Tequatl every day.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I don’t know what others are saying but so far I had 2 Tequatl hoardes dropped when I buffed my MF to around 250%. I also got 2 other ascended chest at tequatl when I was buffed.

And no, I don’t kill Tequatl every day.

I get better loot from teq the less I fight him.

Could it be that, more than mf?

I generally get exotic loot from him, and have got teq’s hoard. (highest mf would’ve been 150%…don’t think it was higher than that, as woithout boosters I’m at 124%atm. )

Chilli.2976

i just opened another 500 chances, buffed my magic find to 220% in total and guess what, I received another Chaos of Lyssa and a mini and 4 back packs.