Liadri fight worse than ever

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

Ok, So didnt manage to beat Liadri last time due to it being a tough fight (I am sure some of you trolls will be on to say how easy it was) and very difficult to see the AoE effects on the floor. So I was rather pleased to see it back so I can defeat Liadri.

However, the ifhgt is even worse than before. It still has the same mechanics and the same idiotic AoE circles on the floor which are just as difficult to see, the idiotic camera angle making it tough to actually see anything. But now we have to put up with the adds in phase one appearing in one place, yet they explode and kill you when they are nowhere near you. We also add to the list the bolts that Liadri throws out hitting you even though they are again nowhere near.

The animations do not in anyway shape or form match upto where the add/bolt is.

I asked in guild chat and I am not the only one who is seeing this. I have an FPS of 45 and a ping of 38ms. Am already getting tired of being hit by not existant adds/bolts.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Don’t forget to use dodge food, such as Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Stew! It can mean the difference between life and death!

-This advertisement is brought to you by the Dodge Food Conglomerate

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

“trolls”? It was easy, Wethospu proved it in the below video.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Missywink.7162

Dodge is not the issue here. I am getting hit by adds that are across the other side of the arena. It is as if the animations are stuck yet the hit boxes are still moving and hitting me.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Don’t change the difficulty. Don’t change the difficulty. Don’t change the difficulty. Don’t change the difficulty.!!

Seriously, it took me 4 characters and testing approximately 3 builds in each till I could beat her, why people want stuff easier?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Never play on patch day!

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@Valento

Share?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

@Valento

Share?

Man I mixed up stuff and ended up with a carrion thief with that dual-wield skill that applies torment (since she roams the room) as well as anything that could bring torment, it was quite effective!

Some necros told me it was hell easier with necro, might try that this time ’round.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Missywink.7162

Are you even reading what I have posted. I DONT WANT THE DIFFICULTY CHANGED. I want the fight to work correctly. Getting hit by invisible adds is insane and has nothing to do with ones skill set.

I like difficult content, but when the content is not working as intended then the fight becomes pointless.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

What was his/her build though? (trait/stats wise)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@Valento

Share?

Man I mixed up stuff and ended up with a carrion thief with that dual-wield skill that applies torment (since she roams the room) as well as anything that could bring torment, it was quite effective!

Some necros told me it was hell easier with necro, might try that this time ’round.

Hmmm. I’ll have to see what I can cook up. My necro isn’t an 80, but my first thief is.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Going to throw it out here, are you lagging? Are the servers struggling with the amount of people logging on due to patch.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It’s in the description. Note that this was obviously pre-ferocity though.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

As I said earlier in different thread.
If I could beat Liadri on Laptop, low settings, with zerg bellow me, playing on NA server from EU with Clearic armor and Zerker accessories on Guard.
Excuses of bad people.
Maybe you should play sPvP or heck, even WvW, to improve your fighting skills.
PvE zerglings crying over “not easy spam 1 auto attack while eating tacos” content.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

There seems to be a bug with Shadowsteps too, as mine kept targeting the world below the cage and shadowstep me in place. Someone near me was complaining about their blink doing it too. ;s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

the fight is fine, its really not that hard after you’ve done it the first time. stop raging over nothing.

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

If I could beat Liadri on Laptop, low settings, with zerg bellow me, playing on NA server from EU with Clearic armor and Zerker accessories on Guard.
Excuses of bad people.
PvE zerglings crying over “not easy spam 1 auto attack while eating tacos” content.

a) its not really such a pain to beat her, its a pain to get the 8 orb achivement with invis mobs

b) the fight is tho about gear very much, you need a specific level of dps and at least 2k toughness/some regen to keep you up for a while

c) guard pve builds have innately 6 free blocks against her instakills.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Don’t forget to use dodge food, such as Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Stew! It can mean the difference between life and death!

You really need to stop troll posting this in every thread…

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Excuses of bad people.

As I said earlier, your staff guard is easymode for Liadri.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Haven’t tried Liadri again so far (still at work ), but some people have reported that Liadri’s actually easier this time around.

1. The glass ceilings are gone, eliminating a lot of the stupid camera issues if you fought Liadri zoomed out.

2. The AoE circles have been changed to the new solid orange models, making it much easier to see where they’re landing.

3. The gravity orbs pull you in much less often now.

4. The shadows are slower in following you around, giving you more time to position yourself or throw light orbs at Liadri. (Which should make Light Up the Darkness easier to obtain.)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Just FYI, did the same again to get the title.

6-5-0-0-3 with Strengh runes and Defiant Stance this time.

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

You really need to stop troll posting this in every thread…

Never Stop Please! XD

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

I got the 8 orb achievement last time.

Beat her first attempt this time.

Just use ranged conditions, walk in a circle, win.

Ez.

Actually, they made her easier this time around, sadly.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: mortrialus.3062

mortrialus.3062

I beat her last time and fought and killed her again this time after a couple tries. Not going to lie, I noticed a few times when a Vision of Death would spawn a ways away from me and immediately blowup and kill me.

Overall they made the fight much easier, and they mostly did so by removing a lot of the bullkitten that was originally in the fight like the glass dome causing camera problems, and the thin red aoe lines being hard to see on the gated floor, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t notice that happen to me, too.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I’m having problems with targeting her. Seems like the champ auto target doesn’t work here, hitting tab usually just gives another clone. I usually die immediately after finishing the orb phase, while banging tab and trying to figure out where she is. If I do manage it I lose target as soon as I dodge… Which… omg seriously.

Very thankful for the medic.

I still hate (HATE) waiting for other people to fight.

Someone said the clones move slower. I didn’t do it last time but find them too slow now. Trying to get them into the light pools when they move so slowly means taking more damage from her auto attack while you wait. And then trying to get the extras away from the crystal after it drops… arrrrrrrhgh.

Did I mention I hate waiting to fight?

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Killed her on the third try (without any bufffood, but ofc did her back in the days, and needed a lot of tries for her 8 globes achievement), was really disappointing.

I expected some more difficult bosses, but same casual kittens as before.
Still no better reward for liadri with 8? globes, but a pet and now the title for liadri without anything… meh. Did I miss something?

I’m really disappointed

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I’m having problems with targeting her. Seems like the champ auto target doesn’t work here,

Set a mark on her, and target her with the mark.

The first phase is ALWAYS the same. Just like a little ballet dance. The only difference is where the round eye-thingis which pull you are spawnig, but the timing is always the same.

means taking more damage from her auto attack while you wait.

They are all projectiles. Reflect them, block them, or simple strife-move away from them (two steps to the left, two steps to the right, and the projectile will miss you).

Watch some videos. If you want to cheat disable post-processing for better visual.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

skullmount.1758

Ahh. ok thanks. I though I opened the description yesterday when I watched the video and didn’t see anything in it. Will look again. I assume its straight beserkers armor?

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

However, the ifhgt is even worse than before. It still has the same mechanics and the same idiotic AoE circles on the floor which are just as difficult to see, the idiotic camera angle making it tough to actually see anything. But now we have to put up with the adds in phase one appearing in one place, yet they explode and kill you when they are nowhere near you. We also add to the list the bolts that Liadri throws out hitting you even though they are again nowhere near.

Time to debunk some false truths here…

- adds pop everywhere in map in timed fashion and at always the same places. if you died, most likely you got caught by one spawning where you stood
– idiotic camera angle is fixed, the dome is gone and replaced by a low fence that lets you zoom out and move around quite freely
– AoE circles on the ground use the new AoE target decals they introduced for Marionette event – never before been easier to spot Liadri’s Shadowfall spell
– Liadri’s bolts are slow-moving and you block/reflect or simply just take two steps to a side, then the other to sidestep slalom your way between them

Liadri was not a tough challenge this year, but the 8-orbs one requires more concentration and is still quite challenging simply due to prolonged duration of the duel and it being easier to make a personal mistake.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

I guess I have to disagree, OP. I tried a few times last year and didn’t beat her before the event ended, so I for one am glad to have another chance at getting the mini, and now the title. After months of nothing to do, I’m especially pumped to have this goal to work toward. Yes, sometimes liadri deaths can be frustrating and seem to come from bugs rather than player mistakes, but tbh I’m having a great time anyway, and most likely once I beat her, I’ll be bored again. Maybe just try to enjoy it while you can and take the bugs in stride.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m going to go ahead and guess that the OP didn’t actually do the fight.

1. The dome is gone so the camera is no longer an issue.
2. The AOE circles were changed to solid bright orange and are very easy to see now
3. The adds spawn in different corners, if you are standing where they spawn you will get blown up.

Wethospu.6437

Ahh. ok thanks. I though I opened the description yesterday when I watched the video and didn’t see anything in it. Will look again. I assume its straight beserkers armor?

Yep

skullmount.1758

Yep

K thanks. I take it since you can burn her down that quick, getting the 8 orbs will be fairly obtainable with this build then? (as long as you concentrate and dodge enough)

Darkhaven server

Wethospu.6437

I switched Mace offhand to Warhorn (Sigil of Energy) for mobility, endurance and to remove Crippled. Then just Crippled Liadri with Throw Axe and Bladetrail. After 8 orbs (or 9, wanted to be safe) she is pretty low and easy to burst down.

Oh, also Restorative Strength trait + Defiant Stance to get rid of Weakness before burst. It’s also the best heal as you can heal 100% from the AoEs.

skullmount.1758

I switched Mace offhand to Warhorn (Sigil of Energy) for mobility, endurance and to remove Crippled. Then just Crippled Liadri with Throw Axe and Bladetrail. After 8 orbs (or 9, wanted to be safe) she is pretty low and easy to burst down.

Oh, also Restorative Strength trait + Defiant Stance to get rid of Weakness before burst. It’s also the best heal as you can heal 100% from the AoEs.

Sweet. Thanks for the tips. Will have to give it a try tonight.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I beat her on my 4th try today with a lootstick. Last year it took me a few days.

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

ask one of your guildmates to record the fight from the gangway up above and analyse your movementpattern. i did the same with one of mine and suddenly he realised, it wasn’t at all buggy, just a kitten to see

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Keep trying, use the food and oils people suggested. Don’t just try one character, I went through 3 of mine just to end up killing her on my staff elementalist within 2 tries. You can’t just rambo those right as much as you want. Learn to time your evades and use skills to help with your survivability.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

OP, easier is not spelled W-O-R-S-E.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Engi win on third try:

• Full Ascend Celest
  • 6/4/0/4/0 (Transmute is super helpful in turning cripple into speed which procs invigorating speed)
  • P/S, HT, BK, GK, Elixir S
  • Toxic Stone + Orrian Truffle & Meat Stew

Timing is everything in this fight. The portals and cosmic orbs spawn in the same place every time. You should be able to get through phase 1 quickly. In phase 2, lay bombs and grenades at/near your feet. As an Engi, lay on the condis, stay mobile, don’t waste dodges, watch for cosmic orbs, kite her around and she’ll melt with time to spare.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

Excuses of bad people.

a) its not really such a pain to beat her, its a pain to get the 8 orb achivement with invis mobs

b) the fight is tho about gear very much, you need a specific level of dps and at least 2k toughness/some regen to keep you up for a while

c) guard pve builds have innately 6 free blocks against her instakills.

I did it on my thief without any toughness, healing power, vitality, blocks, vigor, regen, evade replenishments, food, stealth and my build was 30-30-0-0-10.
All that you need to do is spam unload and walk in circles. THAT’S IT. Hold A and press V whenever she is a little bit too close. It is THAT simple.
How hard could it be to get the 8 orbs?

(edited by Niels.5396)

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The animations do not in anyway shape or form match upto where the add/bolt is.

I asked in guild chat and I am not the only one who is seeing this. I have an FPS of 45 and a ping of 38ms. Am already getting tired of being hit by not existant adds/bolts.

Sorry, but you’re lagging and you’re blaming it on ArenaNet. Here’s a list of things that they improved from last year’s version of Liadri:

• Cosmic Rifts no longer are obstructed by projectiles.
  • The dome was removed to fix any camera collisions issues.
  • A Medic was added to revive you after failed attempts if you are alone.
  • Shadowfall’s AoE is easier to see now.

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

Are you serious with this post? All of the artificial difficulty (hard to see circles, bad camera angles, etc.) was removed. This boss is extremely easy now.

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

If this was last year I would be complaining with you but they fixed what made the fight broken. The AOE circles melding with the ground was the only problem in Liadri. They fixed that and the arena. as someone said all the artificial difficulty is gone. After 30 attempts of practicing I did it this year since I refused to play broken content.

Most of my losses were because I was using bad traits, I traited my warriors warhorn and adrenal health and dogged march. No need to worry about condies or taking too much damage. Once I understood the pattern my only problem was execution and time 4 times I died using rifle playing safe. Rifle needs crack shot so you can always hit liadri through clones. your main hand weapon is axe camping rifle and playing safe will cause you to run out of time. once liadri is seperated from the clones now is your time to go in melee make sure you are in a good spot so you do not have to move far from the lasers (not have to use dodge), now you can melee for 3-5 second for good damage use warhorn skills to remove conditions dodge stabilize repeat. With more practice and skill I could probably drop adrenal health even war-horn triats for better damage. Since it costs cash/time to enter I would rather have to not think about condition management and health and win. If I were to try 8 orbs I would probably drop adrenal health and spec it into the power line. I was 1/3/3/4/3 and zerker. Build may seem bad on paper but has all the tools to make Liadri less complex.

skullmount.1758

• A Medic was added to revive you after failed attempts if you are alone.

Is this really true? (Haven’t tried doing queens gambit again, haven’t really gotten past my anger from first release) If so, thats awesome, probably the best thing out of all the changes (at least to me).

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

It’s alot easier now then last year.
1 You got a timer
2 No stupid ceiling
3 Better AoE circles
4 She seem to have less health

I only needed 15 tries on my full zerker guardian to get 8 orbs…

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

I just saw a necromancer killing liadri with the 3 shrouded by darkness buffs.
Is that even possible?
That buff specifically says: “Immunity to damage from incoming attacks”
So how can he even damage her?
He killed her with all 3 shrouded by darkness buffs.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

I just saw a necromancer killing liadri with the 3 shrouded by darkness buffs.
Is that even possible?
That buff specifically says: “Immunity to damage from incoming attacks”
So how can he even damage her?
He killed her with all 3 shrouded by darkness buffs.

Lifesteal.

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

Oh, though she was immune to everything.
Then, well, i dont have a necro.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I beat her last year on my ranger, and it took me 48 tries. There has been significant improvement in the fight this year. The dome is no longer covered in a blue/purple sphere and the AOE she blasts on the ground is brighter than last year.

This year I beat her on the same ranger in 2 tries. The removal of the glowing (camera inhibiting) sphere, and brightening up the AOE really helped. Got my title!

So of the 2 times I’ve killed her, this year has definitely been easier. Plus ascended gear helps.