Liadri - much love

Liadri - much love

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: starwatto.4527

starwatto.4527

Heyho ArenaNet & forum users!

I would love to thank developers for making Liadri bossfight tough and not nerfing it even after so many nerf demanding posts. It took me few days to beat the hell out of her, I was angry, I was swearing, I was really, really mad about that fight.

But it was that challenge behind that fight what made me try again, and again, and again… heck it even made me to rethink my build from scratch, which si probably for the first time since I hit level 80 back in 2012 (I didn’t get to do Liadri during first pavilion). I love that type of challenging content and especially that feeling after I finnaly made it.

I hope that ArenaNet is going to make content like this more often and also make content like this party-oriented (DUNGEON). Pushing players skill to some level is good and definitely way more fun than facerolling almost any PvE content.

Have a nice day. ;-)

Casually hardcore since 2012
Aurora Glade
[rddt]

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

There is a liadri appreciation thread….

personally I like easy content and would prefer not to see liadri type stuff in dungeons. (for one less people would run them dungeons.)

Liadri - much love

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I just want the mini.

The last time I failed to clear even the first tier in the Gauntlet. I still have horrible gear, just yellows instead of greens. So I guess that I gonna have a baaad time.
Proably will try this weekend.

And everything because I must have the cute mini.

Will the valerous and brave, but unskilled and devoid of any hint of reflexes and dextery warrior defeat the horrible thing and get the cute reward?
Probably not, but stay tuned!!

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

personally I like easy content and would prefer not to see liadri type stuff in dungeons. (for one less people would run them dungeons.)

I would like some optional out of the way boss or two in most dungeons. A bit like the troll in AC sometimes is, but more reliable. Something which is really difficult ,gives some kind of bonus loot, but completely optional.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

I do also like liadri, for me it was also the first time I had to check my stuff and traits again. The only thing so far I had to check if I had all traits and armor on zerk nothing more.

I also hope Anet release some more content which makes you really think, okay what I have to use and change now to get this done.

(but have to say once you get it even liadri is like everything, easy to get it done. Doing all gauntlet bosses every day for the tokens and most time I kill liadri the first try)

Liadri - much love

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

I just want the mini.

The last time I failed to clear even the first tier in the Gauntlet. I still have horrible gear, just yellows instead of greens. So I guess that I gonna have a baaad time.
Proably will try this weekend.

And everything because I must have the cute mini.

Will the valerous and brave, but unskilled and devoid of any hint of reflexes and dextery warrior defeat the horrible thing and get the cute reward?
Probably not, but stay tuned!!

I don’t think your gear will be an issue. My elementalist that beat liadri using orange gear, yes, but it was very confused gear. I tried with my full DPS gear and it was a no go since I was too squishy. I ended up using the aurora set I bought with karma (back when it was easy to get) with the runes of balthazar. I wasn’t even using conditions, and the stats from the equipment weren’t thought out or optimized, they just provided some more vit and toughness than my other gear.

I think if you have somewhat coordinated yellow gear it will likely work better than the mess of orange gear I used to beat liadri, so don’t let that discourage you, you got this.

Liadri - much love

rincewind.9528

Hum… If I don’t remember it wrong I have mostly berserk with some knight and a green helmet.
I should buy a decent weapon… I only have an exotic hammer. And sigils to put on them.
But, I don’t have too much money, so my options will be… limited.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

Liadri - much love

proviticus.4183

I’m not familiar with your hammer, but what you might actually prefer is some kind of ranged weapon. With liadri it’s a lot easier if you keep your distance so her visions don’t catch up with you and 1 hit ko you.

besides the visions and the shadow fall, which are both one-shot mechanics, liadri is easy enough, so really gear matters less and you should focus on understanding and mastering surviving the visions and shadow fall. That takes a bit of practice, but one thing it doesn’t take is expensive gear.

The only problem you might have with crap gear is running out of time before you can kill her, but you only need to spend your money to address that problem IF you have it, because it’s very possible you can kill her with time to spare once you master her mechanics.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: virtualtourist.6438

virtualtourist.6438

You might be able to get by with stuffing your face with food:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Food

Check the prices on the TP, most are quite affordable. Just remember to actually use the food before the fight…:-)

Some options that others have suggested elsewhere:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mango_Pie

Liadri - much love

rincewind.9528

I need to check the food on the TP. Thanks for the advice.

I got ranged weapon, bought a bow in the TP, an exotic valkyrie bow without any sigil.
I guess that I need to put sigils on it. Any recomendation?

Liadri - much love

Posted by: virtualtourist.6438

virtualtourist.6438

I need to check the food on the TP. Thanks for the advice.

I got ranged weapon, bought a bow in the TP, an exotic valkyrie bow without any sigil.
I guess that I need to put sigils on it. Any recomendation?

If you have high crit chance and high condi damage (condi damage is recommended), Sigil of Earth (more bleeds). For the second sigil, you could add Sigil of Air, but it’s more expensive.

If you have trouble with condi cleanse, Sigil of Purity. Triggers on hit, so you don’t need a high crit chance. Other on hit sigils are worth a look if you have a low crit chance.

There are other options (like Sigil of Energy), if you have coin to burn.

Liadri - much love

rincewind.9528

Guh… the Sigil of Energy is a bit expensive. I will need to save a bit for those.

I will check the price of the others.

Thanks for the advice!!

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I would like to say I love not only Liadri but gauntlet as a whole.

The other opponents of all 3 tiers can be made into very, very hard opponents by adding more and more gambits. A lot of players perhaps have not done this but well farming chances I have been playing around with them quite abit and its really good fun.

Gauntlet is one of the very few PvE challenges that really, really makes me examine my build, trying to get every % out of it to try and beat the opponents.

Another thing I like is I can do it on my own, so don’t after rely on other players, who often let you down or all of a sudden become a drama queen or a doom merchant or are ever so slow or easily distracted or just muck about. Sometimes I like that multiplayer rubbish but sometimes I like gauntlet.

Hopefully, this festival will happen once a year. It would be awesome if every year they could add 1 new opponent to each tier and perhaps 1 new gambit, which unlocks when you have defeated the 3 new opponents.

Would love to see gauntlet added to year upon year.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Liadri - much love

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

The gauntlet was here last year and hasn’t changed but maybe they will add something on later…

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i’d like to separate the gauntlet from the festival and make it a permanent thing….and also make it a way to introduce dueling in a controlled pve environment (not open world)

imagine the gem store as a way to buy new opponents/gambits to add to what exits now. you could play another player or a npc…….and you could choose to take gambits versus either for extra rewards. other players could bet on the player vs. player fights like prize fighting/gladiator pits….which would be way more interesting than moa races.

anet could make a killing monetizing a permanent gauntlet.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

There is a liadri appreciation thread….

Group content shouldn’t be hard IMO. I love Liadri and beat her, but I’d rather not rely on the skill of 4 others to beat her.

Liadri - much love

rincewind.9528

I knew it. It’s useless, I never gonna get the mini.
I can’t even reach Liardri.
The 2nd boss, the pirates are impossible for me.
I’m not even close.
This is depressing… evetything this suffering and despair for a mini that I will never get.

Liadri - much love

rincewind.9528

Well, forget about that. With a shield I managed to pass the pirates.
Triying to pass Deadeye or something like that.
Between the stupid camera and the models not loading is making me start the fighy always with a chunck of health missing…

This is painful… Im hating this so much. SO MUCH.

EDIT: Reached Liadri, reached her second phase… I still HATE this so much!!! And hate more ANET for putting the mini as reward!!! Stupid gauntlet, stupid Liadri!!!

(edited by rincewind.9528)

Liadri - much love

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

i love liadri.makes people get new armor sets just to kill a boss for a mini

probably the best money sink anet thought of

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Voyager.8315

Voyager.8315

“i love liadri.makes people get new armor sets just to kill a boss for a mini
probably the best money sink anet thought of.”

I totally agree. I’ve just given up at this point. As a casual player, I really don’t have the time to waste on this kitten gauntlet. Thanks ANET for making something horribly difficult. Do I need the mini? No, but the fact I’ve unlocked mostly everything else makes this annoying.
Between the crappy camera, random bugs, oh and sometimes slow internet, this fight is just awful. Thank you for the rage inducing 90 minutes. I would sue you for those 90 minutes of my life I will never get back, but I’m sure that would waste even more of my time.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer to the topic: Good for you. However, no more of this. We already have cheap one hit kill gimmicks in some of the dungeons as is. We don’t need any more.

Liadri - much love

proviticus.4183

gear is not the reason you can’t beat liadri. Gear can always help compensate but liadri is perfectly attainable without buying a new set of gear for the encounter.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: BardaTheHobo.9752

BardaTheHobo.9752

I too love Liadri. I got my mini during the first event and I remember who frustrating it was, took me a good 20-25 times to beat her but doing so was so rewarding. It is a nice break from the regular pve which can get a bit boring. Plus it allowed me to really hone my dodging skills lol.

Dextarr Thunderfuse – Charr Engineer
Rragar Ragehammer – Charr Warrior
Achilles Adrastos – Human Warrior

Liadri - much love

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

Don’t see any reason to nerf something that is already easy.

Watch a youtube video and learn the tactics, specifically for your class.
After watching this you shouldn’t have any trouble doing it.

Not to brag, but i killed her on my third attempt ever this way.
Was pretty easy as a warrior.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Heyho ArenaNet & forum users!

I would love to thank developers for making Liadri bossfight tough and not nerfing it even after so many nerf demanding posts. It took me few days to beat the hell out of her, I was angry, I was swearing, I was really, really mad about that fight.

But it was that challenge behind that fight what made me try again, and again, and again… heck it even made me to rethink my build from scratch, which si probably for the first time since I hit level 80 back in 2012 (I didn’t get to do Liadri during first pavilion). I love that type of challenging content and especially that feeling after I finnaly made it.

I hope that ArenaNet is going to make content like this more often and also make content like this party-oriented (DUNGEON). Pushing players skill to some level is good and definitely way more fun than facerolling almost any PvE content.

Have a nice day. ;-)

All of the this.

But only do this in dungeons if they buff the loot to make it worth the effort. Otherwise the dungeon will be more dead than the Aetherpath. Maybe put in special skins/sets that can only be acquired here so players who complete it can be like “LOOKIT WHAT AH ACHIEVOOD! =D” instead of “good for you, you have tons of gold /legendary”

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Liadri - much love

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I finally beat Liadri tonight after far too long trying and far too long complaining/whining. I am a better player for it. I learned how to adjust my build, adjust my traits, and how to pay attention to the finer mechanics going on around me. Honestly, the Gauntlet (Liadri especially) taught me more about my class and helped me “L2P” more than any other content in the game. I would love to see ArenaNet up the difficulty in other areas as well.

I’m not saying that I think every single thing should be Liadri-level challenging, but I actually feel like I really achieved something after finally beating her and it feels pretty kitten good.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Liadri - much love

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

I finally beat Liadri tonight after far too long trying and far too long complaining/whining. I am a better player for it. I learned how to adjust my build, adjust my traits, and how to pay attention to the finer mechanics going on around me. Honestly, the Gauntlet (Liadri especially) taught me more about my class and helped me “L2P” more than any other content in the game. I would love to see ArenaNet up the difficulty in other areas as well.

I’m not saying that I think every single thing should be Liadri-level challenging, but I actually feel like I really achieved something after finally beating her and it feels pretty kitten good.

Good now try the 8 orb of light achievement

Liadri - much love

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

Good now try the 8 orb of light achievement

Challenge accepted. I’ll post the proof next year after 174 more tries xD

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Thank you, ArenaNet!

I love you for putting in a challenge like Liadri, and then also Liadri 8-orbs kill.

Finally nailed her coffin shut after 8 orbs, I am still shaking as I type this. The satisfaction I feel is thanks to your content which caters not only the casual but also those who want tougher challenges.

Love it!

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Liadri - much love

Posted by: snowfaire.2781

snowfaire.2781

Looking for a very nice person who can beat liadri consistently on necro, guard, and/or thief. Please PM me =)

Liadri - much love

Posted by: ZigZagas.9851

ZigZagas.9851

The satisfaction and triumph I got after beating Liadri, on the 15th-ish go, was a feeling I haven’t had in GW2 for a while, so I personally would enjoy seeing something of a similar difficulty, or maybe even harder if it meant a nice reward.
Also, knowing how the battle works, and how all the attacks play out, and forming a strategy based on that, is much more important than squeezing an extra 2% damage out of traits or gear. The one hits are far more likely to kill you than Liadri herself, so emphasise mobility, and make sure you at least have enough damage/aren’t to squishy so you don’t run out of time.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

If you’re like me, you probably have a few boosters (+attack, +defense, +regen, +speed) in your bank that you’ve been saving for a rainy day. Well, welcome to the monsoon! The purists may look askance at you for ‘cheating’, but who cares? These tools were given to you for a reason, and they may give you just enough of an edge.

Also, Food and Utility buffs (tuning crystals, maintenance oil, or sharpening stones, whichever fits).

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Bluedemonfox.4326

Bluedemonfox.4326

It took awhile to defeat her in the last gauntlet but it felt good to get that mini in the end! I beat her last gauntlet but tbh I don’t want to go through beating her again haha.

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Yeah no, sorry but I don’t shared the same sentiment some of you have for this boss and I am putting it nicely (I am having such an inner rage right now).

By all means I like to have a challange like any other gamers (I mean what the point in playing a game with no challange) but not to the point that I had to used my mats and gold into new gears and weapons (which I am unfamiliar with) and reading and watching several guides just for ONE boss! I even literally buff my character to the max (food and booster buff) and I’m still struggling against her (I invested an hour or two against her in the past few days)!!!

I want to give up but since I am an achivement grabber, I am begrudgingly forcing myself to try to beat her which I probably won’t beat her by next week.

Also I dread to think about the OP statement on making something similar to this boss fight but to a party dungeon!! I mean just look back at the past dungeons Atherblade Retreat and Twilight Abor Atherblade path! Those two dungeons clearly went to well among the players (not)!

Liadri - much love

Posted by: Paddy.3985

Paddy.3985

Yea, I had nothing but resentment after finally beating this. It was artificial difficulty and nothing but a gimmick. Will never do anything like this ever again.