Queen's Pavillion: "Get away from the boss"

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Bias.4306

Bias.4306

In The Queen’s Pavillion scaling has made it so that people are encouraged to NOT work together.

This seems opposite to every other design decision made in GW2 where teamwork is encouraged. Was this a conscious design decision by ANET…? Or did they just mess up?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Not working together? More like “spread the DPS so we can get Gold”. Part of the challenge is to be able to kill all bosses quickly. When you don’t understand the strategies, it can appear that we’re telling you to not cooperate. But the reality of the situation is that people who insist on zerging are the ones who aren’t “working together”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: soapingwet.4810

soapingwet.4810

There is no such thing as teamwork or no teamwork in ANet’s mind, the game is already a single player game you can see with 50 other people spamming skills at the same boss running in the world. The only thing they care about is more people buying gems and convert into gold so they kill off all farms.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

To do this event we get all bosses to 10% and then wait for someone to yell off burn, then we burn them down to 0 at the same time so that they don’t have the added abilities. If you can’t cooperate with that, the most you’ll get is silver, once in a blue moon.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

In The Queen’s Pavillion scaling has made it so that people are encouraged to NOT work together.

This seems opposite to every other design decision made in GW2 where teamwork is encouraged. Was this a conscious design decision by ANET…? Or did they just mess up?

It was a conscious effort on the part of Anet to introduce more content where the mentality of “ZERG THE kitten OUTA ALL THIS kitten” leads to failure.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

It was a conscious effort on the part of Anet to introduce more content where the mentality of “ZERG THE kitten OUTA ALL THIS kitten” leads to failure.

And it kinda worked. The 20-50 man zerg-a-boss-at-a-time strat takes upwards of half an hour. I’ve sat through that, and never want to again.
Flipside, I’ve been in a map where the commanders were very concise about their requests, leaders communicated with themselves and the rest of the players. 1 gold and 2 very close silvers, before I had to scoot off. I could’ve burst out into song, I was so amazed at how well it worked.
And I giggled as my inventory ’sploded with loots. (Mostly greens, but hey, that salvaged into some good T6 mats!)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

It dose encourage teamwork. Ideally you should have smallish teams on each boss and kill them at the same time.
What it doesn’t encourage but people still do is zerging the same boss. Teamwork doesn’t mean everyone doing their own thing in the same place.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

And it kinda worked. The 20-50 man zerg-a-boss-at-a-time strat takes upwards of half an hour. I’ve sat through that, and never want to again.
Flipside, I’ve been in a map where the commanders were very concise about their requests, leaders communicated with themselves and the rest of the players. 1 gold and 2 very close silvers, before I had to scoot off. I could’ve burst out into song, I was so amazed at how well it worked.
And I giggled as my inventory ’sploded with loots. (Mostly greens, but hey, that salvaged into some good T6 mats!)

our group, I commaned shurakk, 1 commander for each zone, maximum of 10 per zone except boom, who must be 9 so that heal turrets don’t spawn, 5+ golds in a row, I lost count.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

I had no idea what I was doing. And when we were on the last boss (Boom Boom I think), people were saying – get off the boss, it scales you know. I was surprised, because don’t World Bosses scale too, and no one says get off those.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Only if you define “work together” as everyone mindlessly zerging to the same boss and refusing to listen or coordinate. The bosses themselves are manageable, as long as you don’t have too many people at each one.

The hard part is in getting people to actually back off, which as it turns out, is unfortunately incredibly difficult. Maybe more difficult than ANet was betting on, but it’s not like getting Gold wins you anything exclusive or amazing. It’s a very low-risk way of trying to get people to cooperate as a community. And heck, they even adjusted the rewards so that Bronze completion is a little bit more worthwhile.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

I had no idea what I was doing. And when we were on the last boss (Boom Boom I think), people were saying – get off the boss, it scales you know. I was surprised, because don’t World Bosses scale too, and no one says get off those.

Its the new brilliant mechanic called “GTFO” mechanic.

So next time when you see someone coming to help, your immediate reaction should be “GTFO”

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Renegade Pige.7635

Renegade Pige.7635

So I’ve spent a lot of time at the Pavilion helping to organize it, and I’ve had some people argue with me when I “/m only lvl 80 dps at boom” but here’s the thing, NOT doing it that way actually makes it worse for everyone. I’m not going to tell you “Get away from the boss, you don’t deserve the reward.” because I think everyone does, even if they’ve shown up for the last 2 minutes, but by everyone trying to ‘help’ and zerg against Boom makes her literally invincible, I’ve seen fights with her go on for hours. It’s a weird mechanic that I don’t think Anet anticipated but it’s the meta now, and it will get everyone their rewards faster if we work together, and for some people that means sitting back and waiting for next round. Also, if they pop a few hits on her and leave they still get the reward, so idk why people are upset, pop a few hits on her and then go eat a cheeseburger and let us do the heavy lifting.

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

If you came in late, you can wait for the boss to get very low on HP before attacking to get kill credit. That way you don’t make the boss fight harder for the others and longer to finish. Afterwards, you can join a group to challenge the boss yourself. Have fun bros. If you are one of those kids who want to zerg bosses because you think it’s easier because all you have to do is press 1 repeatedly, then kitten you. I hope anet doesn’t listen to you. You are the cancer that is killing GW2 gameplay.

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Not working together? More like “spread the DPS so we can get Gold”. Part of the challenge is to be able to kill all bosses quickly. When you don’t understand the strategies, it can appear that we’re telling you to not cooperate. But the reality of the situation is that people who insist on zerging are the ones who aren’t “working together”.

This is wrong. The gold/silver/bronze are what should encourage people to split up and work together. The boss scaling so that 20 people take 10 times as long to kill it as 6 would is stupid, and there is no reason for it. You cannot even help after your boss
has died…

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

It’s encouraging smaller, better-organised, communicative teams rather than zerging the boss.

I think it’s better than just zerging.

Axialbloom.8109

The scaling is a massive exponential curve, insted of a linear one. It is completely messed up.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I have no idea how the bosses or how the Boss Blitz works, but I can’t be doing anything wrong ever – right?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

It’s encouraging smaller, better-organised, communicative teams rather than zerging the boss.

I think it’s better than just zerging.

Completely agree. When the boss blitz is run right, with good communication, there should only be a max of 10 people on each boss…..and boom boom must go down first……the well run squads always call for the boom boom squad to yell burn.

And this “gtfo the boss” mechanic that people claim exists is from players who still have the zerg mentality, have no idea what they’re doing in the boss blitz, and refuse to listen to the people running the well coordinated bb runs.

I have been super impressed with most of the players that run the well organized boss blitzes…..they always holler out for people to ask questions if they don’t know what to do or haven’t been in successful runs. Even when the run doesn’t go quite as planned, most players there have still tried to communicate with others what went wrong and what needs to change to run it successfully.

The most important thing in the bb is good communication between the squads, and knowing that when your boss gets to 10%, STOP HITTING IT……until the leaders call for “BURN”.

Those people who still complain about the boss blitz because of people who shout ‘stop hitting’ or ’don’t come down here as you’ll buff the boss with your presence’, are either ridiculously stubborn about not abandoning their zerg mentality, or they refuse to listen, or they just are unable to adapt.

Successful boss blitz runs are all about teamwork, good communication, and paying attention to map chat.

But I guess there are some people where that simple concept is just too difficult for them to grasp.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It’s the healing turret. If left up long enough it’ll erase all the damage you have done to BoomBoom. It heals quite a bit. So in larger groups you have a scaled up turret, and that may be ok if you have everyone breaking off and killing it right away, but from what I’ve seen most people just keep attacking boom boom which is not doing it right, the damage you’re doing is getting healed back from the turret.

BoomBoom is the easiest boss for a well organized DPS minded team. Really she’s super easy if you do it right. But as your average DPS per person goes down and not everyone is breaking off to the turret, it gets much more difficult very fast.

Jerus.4350

The scaling is a massive exponential curve, insted of a linear one. It is completely messed up.

Is it?

See when I go with a small group, most of us are strait out of dungeons in our full DPS setups really to burn the bosses down.

In the zergs though, how many people are in their DPS setups? is it a fair comparison to take a zerg that is 25% zerk, 25% PVT, 25% clerics/whatever, 25% condi which override eachother. And compare it to a team of 100% zerk.

I’d love to see someone test it out with removing the variable of different builds. It’s not so much that I don’t believe it, it’s more just that I’d like to see proof or at least more than it just seeming that way, because again, that will be heavily influenced by build choices.

Posted by: Officer Dk.5908

Officer Dk.5908

The scaling on pavillion is wrong. Yes, it should encourage ppl to split up and get all bosses at once, but the way it scales up, it punishes ppl that want to help other bosses by making them way harder to beat then it should.

It should scale seamlessly, so that when you defeated your boss, going to help another boss wouldn’t make it more of a chore then if you didn’t go. Also, if ppl decided to zerg, they wouldn’t kill all bosses in time, but shouldn’t spend 4-5 times the gold time just to get them all because they have that much hp now.

It sort of works the way it is now, if you can get a server with about 60 random people from any random server you join organized. Impossible to do usually as random people from anywhere are hardly ever inclined to hear one crazy guy shouting the “right way” to do it.

I have completed it on golden a few times, by joining a guild doing it for the server, but I still think its unfair scaling the way it is.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The teamwork this event requires is that people actually listen and spread out evenly at each boss. Seems to be a popular event decision with Anet ever since the giant marionette and they been putting it into everything lately. .-. Spread out and kill multiple bosses at the same time tactic. Need something new now. XD Scaling really ruins this one a lot when you get people who have no idea about it or refuse to co-operate with random people.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

it punishes ppl that want to help other bosses by making them way harder to beat then it should

People really need to get this in their heads: adding numbers to a boss fight in the pavillion is not helping. You don’t get extra rewards for killing multiple bosses, and ignoring requests to back off a particular boss is only making the event take much, much longer for you and everyone else. There is no reason for you to be there, and showing up when there are already plenty of people is just making it worse.

There’s no point arguing over how you think it “should” work. You can either deal with the circumstances of the encounter, or get Bronze every time.

Axialbloom.8109

it punishes ppl that want to help other bosses by making them way harder to beat then it should

People really need to get this in their heads: adding numbers to a boss fight in the pavillion is not helping. You don’t get extra rewards for killing multiple bosses, and ignoring requests to back off a particular boss is only making the event take much, much longer for you and everyone else. There is no reason for you to be there, and showing up when there are already plenty of people is just making it worse.

There’s no point arguing over how you think it “should” work. You can either deal with the circumstances of the encounter, or get Bronze every time.

/rollseyes

Or Anet can change the fights so they actually scale properly…

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I actually think the scaling is linear. But in a zerg, the more people you have, the less effective those people are individually. Between the Bystander Effect and the chaos on the screen, players start pulling back, waste time rezzing Defeated players, handing out buffs to each other without actually putting them to use, struggling to figure out what THEY can do to help, fall back onto simply Ranged Autoattacking, and hold off on powerful skill usage.

Jerus.4350

The scaling on pavillion is wrong. Yes, it should encourage ppl to split up and get all bosses at once, but the way it scales up, it punishes ppl that want to help other bosses by making them way harder to beat then it should.

It should scale seamlessly, so that when you defeated your boss, going to help another boss wouldn’t make it more of a chore then if you didn’t go. Also, if ppl decided to zerg, they wouldn’t kill all bosses in time, but shouldn’t spend 4-5 times the gold time just to get them all because they have that much hp now.

It sort of works the way it is now, if you can get a server with about 60 random people from any random server you join organized. Impossible to do usually as random people from anywhere are hardly ever inclined to hear one crazy guy shouting the “right way” to do it.

I have completed it on golden a few times, by joining a guild doing it for the server, but I still think its unfair scaling the way it is.

I think that is the goal. But there are a lot of variables that make that not so easy to do. What can you expect from 1 more player being added? Well wouldn’t the profession, the build, and especially player skill play a big part in that? So what do you assume?

Do they need to create a system that analyzes a player’s build to get a good idea of how much to add to the boss? Is that even reasonable? What about player skill?

Just doesn’t seem as easy as it may sound /shrug. There is likely going to be an average level that they expect players to be at and that’s what they use for scaling. If they use the lowest then those who really maximize will just wipe it out. if they use something too high then lots are going to have issues. fun balancing act, I don’t envy game devs.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Its not a pug friendly encounter,need 6 commanders and kill all boss’s same time and you will get gold event every 5min,so this event encouraged people to work together if they want gold/silver.

MikaHR.1978

Oh yes, just stand back and take every stoopid thing in life without any questions asked or ever raising a voice, or gasp a concern.

But yeah, pavillion is pretty much deserted except form tiny frame in prime time. gone in yesterday to do gauntlet and just from curiosity logged in/out probably 200 times over an hour (midnight – 1, so not even that late) and 0 instances were doing blitz, although there was a healthty number of instances with 3-4-5 bosses left (and noone there). And we are talking megaserver here, so thats ALLof EU players. At least i couldnt blame lag for my gauntlet endevours ;P

So yeah, people learning to adapt, try for gold -> 0 -> leave becasue its massive waste of time, and those who are left and even want to do bronze are left with massively overscaled bosses AND those who join this instance know by now what it means to see 3-4-5 bosses left and no timer at all so they just pass.

So much for that design. This event is definitely missplaced. Too bad since its half of what were getting for more then 1 month, if people dont want to do it NOW, a week later….

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

MikaHR.1978

Its not a pug friendly encounter,need 6 commanders and kill all boss’s same time and you will get gold event every 5min,so this event encouraged people to work together if they want gold/silver.

Gold and silver are fine.

Bronze is not fine. Or, should we say, what happens when event goes to bronze in 95% of cases.

Someone mentioned….herding cats…

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve gotten away from the boss. I’ve gotten away from the entire pavilion in fact.

I’ve tried to give it a shot for the past 2 days, but only found myself in dead instances with 4-6 bosses still active. Joining people through the LFG tool only resulted in endless “world full” messages.

When I finally hit a promising instance that way, with some people in the process of explaining, organizing and pulling more people in, some clown started the event before we were anywhere near ready. People started cussing and leaving. I witnessed the birth of another soon-to-be dead instance with the event running. If only they’d also set a maximum time for bronze, like an hour or something, and ended the event at that point, at least we wouldn’t keep logging into all the dead instances that no one can be bothered to clean up.

Being out of gauntlet tickets and having all achievements I care to get, I’ve decided to just give up on this rubbish.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

You do not need 6 comms.
you need a pav of people willing to communicate via mapchat.

I have been in multiple successful pug maps with 0 comms, it’s a little harder to organise because people dont care.
But when you do get people to reply in map and start calling out numbers at bosses, and then boss health etc, its runs as smoothly as with comms.

But most people go “no comms = fail server = might as well zerg”, they dont take initiative and think "well why am I zerging? " and just step back form it.

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

I have several questions regarding some advice in this thread.

Multiple people stated you should just run in and hit one of the bosses a few time if you want credit, but don’t contribute to the zerg.

Question 1: How much do you have to hit them? It seems buggy, because I’ve killed the bosses before and ended up with no reward for the blitz, so that’s concerning. But if you only have to hit them a few times until you qualify (though may still get bugged reward), that’d be really good to know.

Question 2: If I do hit them a few times, can I do the guantlet and still get the reward? I’ve participated several times then gone to the guantlet and ended up with nothing. Seems dumb if I have to sit at the stupid waypoint while everyone finishes.

Question 3: Why does this work? Other people in this thread say the bosses scale up but never down again. Wouldn’t me hitting the boss a few times contribute to their scaling up, and me leaving just result in a higher scale boss without me contributing DPS?

Thanks everyone, I really wanna do more guantlets but I’ve been having issues getting rewards or just becoming part of the problem.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Quite the opposite really. If you are near the boss and scaling it up, YOU are the one who is not working together.

People who work together have a goal and a strategy. The people who are keeping 9 people at a boss ARE working together and the people who are showing up at those fights and ignoring the instructions to leave ARE NOT working with the group but against it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I have several questions regarding some advice in this thread.

Multiple people stated you should just run in and hit one of the bosses a few time if you want credit, but don’t contribute to the zerg.

Question 1: How much do you have to hit them? It seems buggy, because I’ve killed the bosses before and ended up with no reward for the blitz, so that’s concerning. But if you only have to hit them a few times until you qualify (though may still get bugged reward), that’d be really good to know.

Question 2: If I do hit them a few times, can I do the guantlet and still get the reward? I’ve participated several times then gone to the guantlet and ended up with nothing. Seems dumb if I have to sit at the stupid waypoint while everyone finishes.

Question 3: Why does this work? Other people in this thread say the bosses scale up but never down again. Wouldn’t me hitting the boss a few times contribute to their scaling up, and me leaving just result in a higher scale boss without me contributing DPS?

Thanks everyone, I really wanna do more guantlets but I’ve been having issues getting rewards or just becoming part of the problem.

i dont know how credit is assigned, but I’ve gotten credit for completion when all i’ve done is gauntlet above the bosses, and NEVER attacked any of the bosses.

the bosses definately DO scale down. many times where there were many people at boomboom, endlessly attacking it without making a dent in her hp. i call for people to go afk in the middle if they want the kill, and sometimes people actually listen. i was able to kill boomboom after it was scaled up then later down again.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

It goes against their original design manifesto, yes.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

It amazes me daily that PvE’ers are so bad at PvE.

I mean look at Teq. First kill was organized by 1 or 2 WvW guilds on a WvW server.

Manasa Devi.7958

Quite the opposite really. If you are near the boss and scaling it up, YOU are the one who is not working together.

People who work together have a goal and a strategy. The people who are keeping 9 people at a boss ARE working together and the people who are showing up at those fights and ignoring the instructions to leave ARE NOT working with the group but against it.

Yeah, we all now that by now. But here’s the thing:

I’d rather scale up a boss than stand on the sidelines. Because not playing is more boring than having fights that last too long. Loot be kittened, I have all the cash I’ll ever need, another 2 champion bags aren’t causing me any loss of sleep.

Having to chose between those 2 options at all is what makes this content rubbish, and, incidentally, the point of this thread.

mtpelion.4562

Yeah, we all now that by now. But here’s the thing:

I’d rather scale up a boss than stand on the sidelines. Because not playing is more boring than having fights that last too long. Loot be kitten ed, I have all the cash I’ll ever need, another 2 champion bags aren’t causing me any loss of sleep.

Having to chose between those 2 options at all is what makes this content rubbish, and, incidentally, the point of this thread.

If you were there at the beginning of the Boss Blitz, then you should be in one of the fighting groups.

If you arrived late and asked if any groups needed help and they don’t, run to a boss, hit it, then go do something else.

By sticking around at the fight you are HURTING everyone, including yourself. If that kind of gameplay doesn’t appeal to you, WHY ARE YOU GOING THERE?!?

Manasa Devi.7958

If you were there at the beginning of the Boss Blitz, then you should be in one of the fighting groups.

If you arrived late and asked if any groups needed help and they don’t, run to a boss, hit it, then go do something else.

When people keep pulling others into a ‘gold pavilion’ until it’s hardcapped, there will be too many players. The system relies on people being afk at the center, or doing the gauntlet. In ‘gold pavilions’ that people are actively keeping hardcapped, sometimes not enough people are afk. It’s impossible to arrive late, unless you were one of the afk people.

The problem with this content is that the event doesn’t keep everyone who’s playing it occupied, and if people decide to occupy themselves by helping out somewhere, stuff starts going south. Expecting people to actively not do anything, even get near a boss they’re not supposed to, for kitten’s sake, that’s terrible. It’s really just very, very badly designed, which is quite surprising, after they figured out how to make things work with the color pool buffs at Scarlet’s knight events.

mtpelion.4562

When people keep pulling others into a ‘gold pavilion’ until it’s hardcapped, there will be too many players. The system relies on people being afk at the center, or doing the gauntlet. In ‘gold pavilions’ that people are actively keeping hardcapped, sometimes not enough people are afk. It’s impossible to arrive late, unless you were one of the afk people.

The problem with this content is that the event doesn’t keep everyone who’s playing it occupied, and if people decide to occupy themselves by helping out somewhere, stuff starts going south. Expecting people to actively not do anything, even get near a boss they’re not supposed to, for kitten’s sake, that’s terrible. It’s really just very, very badly designed, which is quite surprising, after they figured out how to make things work with the color pool buffs at Scarlet’s knight events.

Well, I don’t know what’s going on in any hard-capped maps. I’ve not seen more than 40 or so people in the instances I’ve been in, not including the first day. In the instances I’ve done, there are very few people who are “not occupied” since there are very few people period.

Jerus.4350

See, I have to question this opinion on the scaling. I was on a full Gold Map all last night, 18 Gold bags in total, only golds all night ( and only 2 close calls, most being with 1-2 mins to spare). We had groups asking for people all night. “few more on boom boom” and stuff like that. I was doing shurakk all night with 10-15 people each run. We were getting him ready to kill (down below 5% and hold) in 2-3mins. Yeah, sometimes we had 6 mins left on the gold timer when Shurakk was ready to kill. I think the fastest we had it was 6:06 left on the gold timer, that’s 1:54 to get him to under 5% and that was with 15 people.

And the kicker… I was on my lvl 43 warrior (now level 51) just throwing seed not even attacking Shurakk half the time, and he was still going down that fast.

mtpelion.4562

And the kicker… I was on my lvl 43 warrior (now level 51) just throwing seed not even attacking Shurakk half the time, and he was still going down that fast.

Thanks for that! Whenever I’m on a ranged character I camp the seed bags to keep the hawks away. Whenever I’m on a melee character I have to keep running back for seed bags because people throw them at Shurakk’s feet!

Jerus.4350

Thanks for that! Whenever I’m on a ranged character I camp the seed bags to keep the hawks away. Whenever I’m on a melee character I have to keep running back for seed bags because people throw them at Shurakk’s feet!

Exactly, usually I’m quite frustrated on Shurakk because of exactly that, people throwing seed and not knowing what they are doing. But last night, it was wonderful, everyone threw it back right corner. And we just pummeled the ogre.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I’ve been on hardcap maps,

from what I can tell, pav has a lower hardcap than “openworld” maps.
15 per boss is max for it not be too difficult..

And even on hardcap maps we tend to get about 12 per boss, I assume there’s always a few people doing gauntlet and afk… but sure not so many as most want to do the blitz.
So hardcap is alot lower than main maps.

to the person who asked about tagging boss and doing gauntlet..dont, do guantlet first tag boss near the end… guantlet seems to remove any contribution you may have made on the blitz so you dont get boss reward.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

OP: I agree, people being told… DONT HELP, NO ONE ELSE COME TO (what ever boss), Etc. Then later on we get the. More mindless people coming to X it’s a fail, and it just get’s worse from that point.

I tried to help in a organized run; we did fine with me and 7 others at boom. The next try we had 4 new people insist on doing boom; all the other bosses had 12 or so (the max our current self appointed map leader wanted per boss) so I ended up sitting out to “help”. I suppose it’s team work of a sort, but I don’t think many people log in to work together with others by sitting out, and being told to sit at the center pad and wait.

It’s a question of inclusive play or exclusive play, I thought GW2 was aiming for inclusive, the boss blitz on the other hand…

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

OMG WORLD BOSSES/CHAMP TRAINS ARE JUST ZERGFESTS = rage

OMG ZERG DOESN’T WORK IN BOSS BLITZ = rage

I see.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

OMG WORLD BOSSES/CHAMP TRAINS ARE JUST ZERGFESTS = rage

OMG ZERG DOESN’T WORK IN BOSS BLITZ = rage

I see.

Of course. It’s elemental my dead Corax.
It’s just that the above option make hald of the players rage. And the lower option make the other half rage.

Jerus.4350

OP: I agree, people being told… DONT HELP, NO ONE ELSE COME TO (what ever boss), Etc. Then later on we get the. More mindless people coming to X it’s a fail, and it just get’s worse from that point.

I tried to help in a organized run; we did fine with me and 7 others at boom. The next try we had 4 new people insist on doing boom; all the other bosses had 12 or so (the max our current self appointed map leader wanted per boss) so I ended up sitting out to “help”. I suppose it’s team work of a sort, but I don’t think many people log in to work together with others by sitting out, and being told to sit at the center pad and wait.

It’s a question of inclusive play or exclusive play, I thought GW2 was aiming for inclusive, the boss blitz on the other hand…

Tell that self appointed leader to sit out if he feels it’s that important. Watch him say no. Then ignore him and go help wherever you can, ideally whoever is shortest on people. Each boss can handle at least 15 easily. Like I posted earlier, we were getting shurakk down in 2-3mins with 15 a few times last night. 3-4 hours last night, full map the whole time, 18 golds in a row, never had issues where people were told to GTFO, told to move from one boss to another sure, but there was always somewhere where people could go.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Tell that self appointed leader to sit out if he feels it’s that important. Watch him say no. Then ignore him and go help wherever you can, ideally whoever is shortest on people. Each boss can handle at least 15 easily. Like I posted earlier, we were getting shurakk down in 2-3mins with 15 a few times last night. 3-4 hours last night, full map the whole time, 18 golds in a row, never had issues where people were told to GTFO, told to move from one boss to another sure, but there was always somewhere where people could go.

^^; that’s what most people do, then they get called out in map chat…

The simple solution would be fix scaleing so if the fight has 15 people it’s doable in the right amount of time… VS go over 15 and GG no gold:/

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

In my experience, 15 is the limit for minimum headaches/scaling. Aiming for 10-15 is much better, depending on how full the map is.

@Miku: That map leader wanted 12 – better safe than sorry – but again, you can go up to 15. You may be told to sit in the center if there’s a round in progress, but generally before the next one starts, you can pick which boss you’d like to do; there’ll only be a problem if there’s too many people for that boss. Then, they won’t single you out and say “MOVE!” unless you’re a Mesmer/Guardian and Pyro doesn’t have enough reflects, or you’re a Necro/Engi and Boom has no poisoners; they’ll just say, “Can 1-2 to go X boss?” and you can volunteer, or let others do it.

I don’t know if you were including this part, but being asked to stay in the center after you’ve finished your boss is not ridiculous, exclusive, etc. at all. I hope you agree with that part. Boss Blitz, much like Teq/Great Jungle Wurm, is an event where if you listen to someone organizing (who knows what he’s doing) and play your part, you’ll get tons of loot. It’s as simple as that.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo