Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

So, I went to do the Sanctum Sprint, because I actually find it fun and it can be a blast.

But, I don’t know if it’s the Megaservers or just GW2 in general, I’m lagging so badly, with my skills not activating or, what’s even worse, acting wonky (as in I use the pull, get pulled half the way, then suddenly I drop to the ground), it’s just no fun.

I was running with 2 other players, and it’s a PvP instance, so there shouldn’t be zerg induced lagging.

Anyone else lagging stupidly during this? It’s especially annoying since movement is usually very forgiving concerning lag. Alas, when you try to jump and warp around the place or try to jump over a hole only to have your jump not actually activating, it’s just no use. :/

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Same here. Horrible, horrible lag. Interrupts my skills, teleports me back, makes me fall down in the middle of lightning pulls.
Whatever they’ve done to it in this patch, it’s terrible.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Nothing new here, really. As a vet of Sprint and lag, allow me to welcome you to having the game population finding something new to do after a 1.5 month dry spell.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

It’s worse this year than it was last, and it isn’t my internet, and I’m on a less laggy computer.. My connection speed is better than it was last year, but the lag heavily affects Aspect Arena (yay plummeting unexpectedly to your death using air skill five) and Sanctum Sprint is almost unplayable.

Air jump, sun burst, and lightning jump are all almost unbearable with this lag.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Sourde Noire.5286

Eh, I played the Sprint last year and at times when it was on activity rotation.
Last year I had no problems whatsoever, it was super smooth, and neither did I have prblems on the activity rotation.

But this year it’s unplayable for me. And the few matches I joined, people quickly left after complaining about the lag / not being able to take it anymore.

It’s a shame, because I really like this activity, even though the jump to the next checkpoint power-up is ludicrously overpowered.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Eh, I played the Sprint last year and at times when it was on activity rotation.
Last year I had no problems whatsoever, it was super smooth, and neither did I have prblems on the activity rotation.

But this year it’s unplayable for me. And the few matches I joined, people quickly left after complaining about the lag / not being able to take it anymore.

It’s a shame, because I really like this activity, even though the jump to the next checkpoint power-up is ludicrously overpowered.

That’s been my experience as well. And not even just this year, its seemed to get infinitely more laggy within the last month or two.

I frequently play Sprint with the activity rotation. Its the only activity I actually truly enjoy. But the last few times I’ve done it its been laggy as all heck, when previously even earlier in the year I’d play it lag-free. And I don’t think its anything to do with increases in number of people playing, the last laggy game I got into (prior to the patch yesterday, this was maybe 2 weeks ago) had only like 3-4 people but was still lagging all over the place.

Something got buggered up somewhere along the way, and fairly recently at that. I’d say something in the feature patch did it, whether that was the megaserver system or something unrelated.

I haven’t actually tried it since yesterday’s patch, but if my recent experiences and this thread are any indication its probably just as bad.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Sourde Noire.5286

I can only guess it has something to do with the PvP server(s), as I don’t have any problems in the Labyrinthine Cliffs with the skills. Only when I get in the activity they mess up, don’t activate at all or lag madly.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: DragonFlykm.8621

DragonFlykm.8621

It seems normal laggy for me. It always has been a laggy activity for me from the very start. I am in Australia though, so thanks to those who waited at the finish line last time to let me do the achievements.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Sprint had been lagging since release. Sure it got better there for a while, but I still have a deep seeded dislike of it.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Seems more laggy for me. Skills seems to active completely randomly. I kept all graphic setting on low but id didn’t help. Frustrating, Sanctum Sprint was one of my favorite minigames.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sprint had been lagging since release. Sure it got better there for a while, but I still have a deep seeded dislike of it.

Some people had lag problems with it from the start. Some didn’t. Probably differences in net connections, possibly some to do with hardware.

I was one of the ones that didn’t have much if any lag during the initial run. I played it during the initial release mostly lag-free, and all the way up until a month or so ago, when it suddenly became very laggy for me as well without me changing anything on my end.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Posted by: Zerkules.4128

Zerkules.4128

I have not had any lag in any of the events lately.

Sanctum Sprint Lagfest

Sourde Noire.5286

Then give us your latency, Zerkules, don’t hog it all for yourself!