Dear Kiel voters: We tried to warn you

in Fractured

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Agreed. I’m so bummed out that we’re never going to get to play through the origins of Abaddon’s secret alliance with Scarlet.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Agreed. I’m so bummed out that we’re never going to get to play through the origins of Abaddon’s secret alliance with Scarlet.

Noooooo! It can’t be! That’s impossible!

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

in Fractured

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

If Scarlet isn’t dead by TESO I think I’m done with this game.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Fractured

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

We know for a fact that Scarlet wouldn’t be involved with the Abaddon Fractal. The Reactor’s meltdown was recent, thus it makes perfect sense for her to be involved with the Inquest’s research. Abaddon’s battle was at the dawn of magic, before there were Dragons.

Basically, people who voted for Kiel, voted for Scarlet. People who voted for Evon, voted for the best Fractal idea that Anet could have provided. It’s a shame that it’ll never happen now.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Fractured

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hey, remember that time when we thought Thaumanova Reactor fractal actually had something to do with Dragons? ;D

in Fractured

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Uh you don’t say Scarlet is another Varesh Ossa.Gone nuts for seeing Realm of Torment.

in Fractured

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Hey, remember that time when we thought Thaumanova Reactor fractal actually had something to do with Dragons? ;D

It does have something to do with dragons.

Scarlet says so.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Fractured

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

We know for a fact that Scarlet wouldn’t be involved with the Abaddon Fractal. The Reactor’s meltdown was recent, thus it makes perfect sense for her to be involved with the Inquest’s research. Abaddon’s battle was at the dawn of magic, before there were Dragons.

Basically, people who voted for Kiel, voted for Scarlet. People who voted for Evon, voted for the best Fractal idea that Anet could have provided. It’s a shame that it’ll never happen now.

We know for a fact Scarlet was written to be involved with this update regardless of player vote. Her presence was written in months in advance, the writers have said as much on the forums.

The fallout (Ha!) if Evon had one would have been soooooooo much worse. Be grateful it wont happen now.

in Fractured

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Lol. Have fun.

I tested it and, man, it sucks.

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

According to the new “lore” of gw2 magic (and dragons) was before human gods, and the war between Five Gods and Abaddon was about… well, nothing important, really.
Also, since when any Scarlet LS actually made sense? Considering what has already taken place, i’m pretty sure the devs would’ve found a way for Scarlet to be there as well.

The only time Scarlet would have been a part of the Abaddon Fractal, would be after we finished and exited. She wasn’t around during the time of the god wars, thus wouldn’t have been apart of the actual Fractal instance.

Two words: “time travel”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Fractured

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

We know for a fact Scarlet was written to be involved with this update regardless of player vote. Her presence was written in months in advance, the writers have said as much on the forums.

The fallout (Ha!) if Evon had one would have been soooooooo much worse. Be grateful it wont happen now.

Evon is different than Kiel. He knows what he’s doing, thus his paid research would have been clean and bug free. The only time Scarlet would have been a part of the Abaddon Fractal, would be after we finished and exited. She wasn’t around during the time of the god wars, thus wouldn’t have been apart of the actual Fractal instance.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

Lol. Have fun.

Grats on violating the NDA.

I have my own reasons for wanting to play it. I’ve seen the combat and I’m actually picqued about not having tab target autoattack combat.

in Fractured

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Lol. Have fun.

I have my own reasons for wanting to play it. I’ve seen the combat and I’m actually picqued about not having tab target autoattack combat.

Violating the NDA? I haven’t revealed anything about the game. I just said that it wasn’t particularly good to my liking or others’.

Apparently, sharing your opinion suddenly reveals everyone everything about the game itself. I’ll be more careful.

in Fractured

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I don’t care about WPs or Keys.
Abaddon has/had a better story. Period.

So the Fall of Abaddon is a better story than a story we haven’t even seen yet? Glad you can read the future then. Tell me what else you know about in that crystal ball of yours.

Again, anyone with any critical thinking skill could tell you the story of Thaumanova reactor.

1. Inquest sabateurs
2. Some McGuffin plot device “Chaos Magic”
3. Reactor goes Chernobyl
4. Scarlet is revealed to be the mastermind

That’s really all there is to it.

GW2 NEEDS some more connections to GW1. The devs need to stop trying to make GW2 have absolutely nothing to do with its own lore history.

Been saying that since the voting began months ago and to this day I can’t believe people voted for Evon. Couldn’t agree with your entire post more.

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

Lol. Have fun.

Violating the NDA? I haven’t revealed anything about the game. I just said that it wasn’t particularly good to my liking or others’.

Apparently, sharing your opinion suddenly reveals everyone everything about the game itself. I’ll be more careful.

Even revealing that you participated in the beta is violating the NDA.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I would have ignored this, but no. Abaddon was not before the Dragons. The Dragons actually predate the gods. Abaddon was aware of the Dragons and was trying to make magic available to everyone, potentially so that it would be diminished enough to prevent the Dragons from returning. Or possibly to get them to return. Hard to say really.

In any case it wasn’t the Dawn of anything, it was just a time in the past. And since Scarlet has weird teleportation powers, access to chaos energy, and potentially access to temporal instabilities, there is nothing to say she couldn’t have become involved in all that too. She seems pretty interested in the Dragons and Abaddon is deeply connected to them, even if the why and how isn’t entirely understood.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

-Snip-

>Completely misses the Star Wars reference.

I mean…really? I’ll grant that Luke’s line was different from what I quoted, but still…

REALLY?

in Fractured

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

This Thaumanova reactor = bad quality story/map design. It’s just a content filler. Do all of you ‘evan’-voters seriously want the very important lore about the Gods to be told in such terrible way? Wich such low story telling quality? I’m pretty certain if it came out, the forums would have 1000+ complaint posts in under a day.

And that’s the only reason i voted kiel. fracs (or dungeons), do not represent well enough story, to ever be qualified to do such an crazy important part of lore as the Gods.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Fractured

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

So the Fall of Abaddon is a better story than a story we haven’t even seen yet? Glad you can read the future then. Tell me what else you know about in that crystal ball of yours.

Again, anyone with any critical thinking skill could tell you the story of Thaumanova reactor.

1. Inquest sabateurs

GW2 NEEDS some more connections to GW1. The devs need to stop trying to make GW2 have absolutely nothing to do with its own lore history.

Been saying that since the voting began months ago and to this day I can’t believe people voted for Evon. Couldn’t agree with your entire post more.

Yes GW2 should just be an updated GW1, we wouldn’t want the sequel to be its own game or something. Lets not get crazy here. I understand theres a difference between little nods to the first one (Nods you can find around the world that have been there since release if you take the time to look for them) and just flat out telling the same story. But that’s what you’re asking them to do. Tell you the same story in a different game. Guild Wars needs to move forward, Anet needs to move forward, you need to move forward.

You’re lying to yourself if you think the abbadon fractal would be any different. We’d find out that Scarlet was somehow involved, and maybe behind the entire thing. If anything we saved you from seeing something you care about so much being injected with Scarlet.

in Fractured

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I rather have Scarlet destroying the Thaumanova lore (which is extremely insignificant compared to abbadon) than Abbadons lore.

Seriously, had Evon won I have no doubt Anet would do something like letting Scarlet travel back in time and kill abbadon (LATER TATER!)

Of course a battle of the gods is a lot more interesting than a Chernobyl disaster, but I’m sure the fractal would have turned out horrible. They would shove Scarlet in there one way or another.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Fractured

Posted by: megakittytron.5971

megakittytron.5971

So, what is this Abaddon that everyone is going on about? I understand he is from gw1, but i never played that. Running about with my little warrior asura i found a blown up reactor with my sick coughing fellow brothers and sisters. I wanted to investigate immediately! So I voted for Ellen Kiel and she opened up an investigation. I said “for great justice!” and ran into that reactor and had a fun time with my friends. Finally, I had closure as to what happened to my fellow asuras! Do I care about abaddon? Not really, because he is not in the current game. I’m also not going to read up about him either. So please, stop attacking the Kiel voters. Sick Asuras are important too.

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

1. Inquest sabateurs

Yes GW2 should just be an updated GW1, we wouldn’t want the sequel to be its own game or something. Lets not get crazy here. I understand theres a difference between little nods to the first one (Nods you can find around the world that have been there since release if you take the time to look for them) and just flat out telling the same story. But that’s what you’re asking them to do. Tell you the same story in a different game. Guild Wars needs to move forward, Anet needs to move forward, you need to move forward.

You’re lying to yourself if you think the abbadon fractal would be any different. We’d find out that Scarlet was somehow involved, and maybe behind the entire thing. If anything we saved you from seeing something you care about so much being injected with Scarlet.

It needs ties to the old game, not just references hidden as easter eggs.

GW1 had a good story and strong storytelling. There’s no reason to not at least tie the history of GW1 to GW2

GW2 is still its own game, in a lot of ways. Asking for the WORLDS to at least be shared between the two games is reasonable.

If “Moving forward” means more Mary Sue Sylvari written by one of the worst writers I have the displeasure of reading from, then count me out.