Husband & Wife LF casual guild (Crystal D)

in Guilds

Posted by: Kawil.1689

Kawil.1689

Greetings…The Wife and I both played GW1 for many years and have been playing GW2 since beta. My Wife is an alt-oholic (different races and profs) while I have 1 main character…my Necro (which is human).

Here’s the thing…we have kids, a life and we work so our gaming times are, at times, sporadic. We mostly play in the evening/night PST (dailies and messing around). We’re NOT hardcore…we are FUN and that’s what we like to have. We don’t run dungeons nor do we WvW or PvP. Pretty much…we want a group of friends to play with and talk to. It’s not that we don’t like dungeons (WvW & PvP is not something we do though), we just like doing them with friends and having fun. In fact, fractals sound really fun to us…we just don’t want to LFG randomly or run with those who are really hardcore. Also, we are not interested in changing servers.

In GW1 we ran and co-ran fairly large guilds and alliances so we know the ins and outs of management/events/stuff like that. This DOES NOT mean we want to do this, lol…it’s just some added info for you all. We do have our own guild (a carryover from GW1…people move on as ya know so not many members ATM) but we’d be happy to represent the guild we play with and we’d only change if we needed to check our own guild bank.

So…if these minor demands are to your liking and/or you’d like more info…let us know here or message me in-game. Thanks for reading!

What do we have here….a little boy!

in Guilds

Posted by: WIKDprophecy.9574

WIKDprophecy.9574

You guys sound like a perfect fit for my guild Valors Edge on Ehmry Bay, we are very casual and a family ran guild me and my wife run it her 16yo son plays as well as my best friend since 2nd grade. we also have lifes including a 2yo son that takes up a lot of time, our gametime can be sporadic as well and sounds like your wife would be good friends with mine also a altoholic and packrat. if interested visit www.valorsedge.com or look us up on facebook, my in game name is Sir Chase O’Hara, I am a commander and a wvw junkie but I also pve and love spending time with my guild mates even if its just running around doing karma events.

thx
chase

in Guilds

Posted by: WIKDprophecy.9574

WIKDprophecy.9574

also to your point there is not requirement for this guild, we have a rp guild and a bank guild then heres valors edge, we have ts website forums the workx we were in gw1 for a loooooong time as well, and have been on ehmry bay since beta weekend 1. our main goal at valors edge is to have fun its our hideout from real life lol our escape to sometype of freedom

in Guilds

Posted by: LLunatic.5280

LLunatic.5280

Hey there Kawil. I think you and your wife might be a good fit for Forbidden but you say you are not interested in changing servers and you didnt say what server you guys were on :P

Guild Master Forbidden
http://tinyurl.com/theforbidden
Come check us out!

in Guilds

Posted by: Specs.2195

Specs.2195

Hi there, I represent Binary Alliance, a guild on CD dedicated to having fun, and we might be the kind of guild you are looking for.

For more information about us, please see out guild posting:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Crystal-Desert-Binary-Alliance-Recruiting-1/first#post1763641

or our website:
http://www.binary-alliance.com/about-us

or feel free to give me a shout any time in game.

There is no signature here.

in Guilds

Posted by: harvschmarv.3089

harvschmarv.3089

I too have a job, wife, kids, and sometimes a demanding career. I hear ya. If you haven’t found what you’re looking for, I’m pretty happy with a guild I recently found. madcastgaming.com – and if you have questions, my in-game name is Cirah. Best of luck either way man.

in Guilds

Posted by: RedJustice.1548

RedJustice.1548

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Kawil! Let me add on some details to what Cirah has said about MadCast.

My guild, MadCast Gaming, is on Sanctum of Rall, but you can feel free to guest for as long as you want. Some of our members never transfer, so that is ok, but if you ever want to transfer in the future, we are happy to help dedicated and involved members save for the transfer. Since you are not that interested in a WvW guild, I don’t anticipate it would be a huge barrier to you two.

MadCast is a gaming community that is bigger than GW2, but we are working on growing our GW2 sector right now. You can check out our website at www.madcastgaming.com. I especially suggest you read through the forums some to get a feel for what we are all about! Here are some points you may find attractive about MadCast:

We have a mature community. While MadCast has no specific age requirements we do have high expectations for maturity. You will find kind, patient people and no drama. The vast majority of our members are over 18 (especially in GW2). Most of our GW2 members are older with careers, and many have families and children.

We are a serious community with casual gameplay. In other words, the main expectations we have for members revolves around positive contribution to the community and not on a packed GW2 schedule attendance. If you are active in the forums and show up to a few events a week, that is good enough for us. Our community is made out of all levels of players. We have many very new players, some new to gaming in general, and our environment is built on kindness and helpfulness. People will be happy to answer you questions and guide you through things no matter how basic or advanced.

We have a super awesome, active TeamSpeak group. We enforce strict rules of respectfulness and tolerance among our players, making it a safe friendly place for everyone. People of all types feel comfortable joining in the conversation and making new friends.

Our community is bigger than in-game. We have a website with a lot of activity and heavy forum use. This is a huge asset because we have people who play all kinds of games over at MadCast, and the forums really serve as the uniting factor among people.

If you check out our website, you will see information about becoming a Full Member of MadCast. This is not something you need to do right away. Our guild welcomes ‘Associate’ Members, meaning we will add you to the guild, you are free to use our TeamSpeak and join our Forums, but you do not have complete access rights for inviting people to the guild yourself, or accessing certain Full Member parts of our forum. This is a good way to find out if MadCast is the right fit for you before applying. In the long run, to gain any ranking position, we require people to be an official MadCast Full Member.

If you want to, I’d love to invite you to join us and meet some of our members. I would encourage you to join us in our TeamSpeak (you can find information about that here: http://www.madcastgaming.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?2-New-to-MadCast). Alternatively, you can private message me in game, and I would be happy to add you in to one of our parties. TeamSpeak is our main form of communication, and even if you aren’t comfortable using your mic, it would be great if you installed it just to listen to the chatter. Quite a few of our members participate this way.

If you have any questions you can message me in game, post here, or join our forums and ask there. Good luck finding a place for you! <3

in Guilds

Posted by: Kawil.1689

Kawil.1689

Thanks everyone for your responses. M’Lady and I are checking everyone out. @LLunatic…I did say in the title what server we are on (Crystal D) but I apologize for the short version. It seems the title was too long and so…there ya go. Also, you are correct in that we aren’t interested in changing servers. Let me clarify that: We aren’t interested in changing simply to join a guild. Guesting is something we might do but we are happy in Crystal D (sorry, I had to use the shortened version…it kinda rolls together really well, lol) and we’re hoping to find a guild on here. Thanks again to all!

What do we have here….a little boy!