Mad king solo

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

I did it at 19:27 GMT, 80 guardian, anyone been faster?

here the pics:

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2ur71qq.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/nf1w9f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/23rtu2p.jpg[/IMG]

yeah he knocked me once down but couldn’t finish me, too easy :P

(edited by Tito.3270)

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PaladinKiller.8051

PaladinKiller.8051

That’s about exactly the speed I did it on my 80 engineer.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

Whip the kittens out guys we solo’d a boss at level 80 with a level 2 requirement!

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I wish I had my mesmer to 80 already > < I can handle swarms generally and single targets for mesmers are a joke XD It would be so fun. Can’t do it at level 45 with lack of traits and gear tho xD

^ lol its easy but the swarms at the beginning were still alot, got caught off guard

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrMT.4061

MrMT.4061

I was soloing fine until the king left the fight. Yep. He spawned a couple of scarecrows and went home.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

you have to kill the scarecrows I think. Then he will spawn again.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I was soloing fine until the king left the fight. Yep. He spawned a couple of scarecrows and went home.

You have to go down a level. After you get him to a point in his health he teleports to a platform below you.

I love seeing people getting groups and still cant do it sometimes.

Solo it as a thief.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

Soloed it as a warrior

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Solo is a pain on a 41 necro only at 70% the extra mob spawns are messing me up.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nyaru.7954

Nyaru.7954

But you can kill the mobs before pulling the boss.

49 Guardian here, I don’t get it, I couldn’t even take 1% of his bar, I fought for like 2 minutes and left. Am I missing something or?

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Echelon.5384

Echelon.5384

the level 49 part maybe?

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Tito.3270

do you get upscaled to 80 nyaru?

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GrannyPwnage.3465

GrannyPwnage.3465

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Solo’d it as a level 80 Ele. Not too hard, but had a close call with about getting feared off a ledge. lol

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

Why are we supposed to solo this??? All that, and it’s like a personal story instance? What the I don’t even..?

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Olorin.4673

Olorin.4673

Also solo’d as a guardian.I freakin love this class

http://i.imgur.com/YdvPQ.jpg

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nyaru.7954

Nyaru.7954

Yes I did get upscaled to 80, I was doing normal damage, it just looked like he had billions of HP

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

had to soloed hi with my necro

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Cheesed my way through it solo. You can snipe him from ledges/platforms. >_>

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Jorn Wolfgang.3712

I want to finish it but looking at 30+ deaths here with scarecrows fearing me off the edges and him attacking me as I jump down. Currently at 60% hp this is a pain.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I was hoping it’d be more like the labyrinth. Maybe capped at just a few players, but solo? Sorry, I’m gonna have to pass on that. I’ll let someone else have him.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

i just finished soloing him, Ranger 80 full CoF gear /w Bezerker Longbow / Shortbow

didnt have trouble with fear, Capt America Shield, or anything, was rather boring and ueventfull

had more trouble getting to bottom level then i did with boss

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LiuliRenai.3928

LiuliRenai.3928

To those interested in soloing him or getting bugged parties and are stubborn, I posted some tips here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/halloween/Tips-to-solo-Act-3-Mad-Realm-Boss

Liuli – Mesmer – Piken Square

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

I got into the instance alone, my group spawned elsewhere. I was able to defeat Mad King alone as Mesmer 80. Had green grind set on me, orange weapons. Died once due to fear, got into down state once, but was able to rise.
Rewards: one green warhorn, one tonic.
Experience: priceless.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Soulblazer.3105

Soulblazer.3105

Solo’d with my 80 Ele with a little help from my lovely Earth Elemental. Only problem was the fear that gave me heart attacks stopping at the edge of the cliff and the leaps of faith I had to make after the Mad King went to 75% health and teleported down.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cathach.5807

Cathach.5807

Since it was announced as one-time event i thought i have to be fast and didn’t read the description. So i went in there alone with my necro because i didn’t realize that it’s a group dungeon. Was tough but i got him solo.

When the Mad King died i had a fear on me that send me from the platform after he died. So maybe we should call it a draw? But i got my loot anyways.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DotcomDUH.6790

DotcomDUH.6790

I solo’d him also as a guardian. So easy. its funny watching people in LA complain about fighting him..

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Soloed him (80 guardian).

He feared me off the ledge once.

Attachments:

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: boocha.3972

boocha.3972

Yup, solo’d as lv80 Guardian. Wasn’t really that hard.
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/126004859-4.jpg

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nostradamus.3507

Nostradamus.3507

I soloed him as a mesmer without dying. It took some time but it was doable.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

I don’t see how anyone could have soloed this … took 5 of us a bit of time to finally get him down. Guess it shows how much stronger some classes are compared to others.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: boocha.3972

boocha.3972

I don’t see how anyone could have soloed this … took 5 of us a bit of time to finally get him down. Guess it shows how much stronger some classes are compared to others.

Well it took a pretty kitten long time but the thing is that he doesn’t hit that hard. I didn’t die even once with my Guardian.

The hardest part was by far the first phase when he spawned all those mobs and you had to do the emotes.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I soloed him as a lvl 80 guardian, but got feared off some times. took me about 45min to solo him.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Midi.1504

Midi.1504

Soloed as a 80 guardian with rare gear… Only tricky part is to clear the mobs one by one, before enganing him

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

I got tired of waiting for the “can’t join the instance as a group” problem to fix itself, so I figured I’d give it a try on my own. Once I got past all the immobilize-spamming ads at the start, it actually wasn’t as difficult as I expected it to be given the full group recommendation.

Having a ranger pet is a big help though – since the pet took most of the fears I didn’t have to worry about being run off the edge too much.

Attachments:

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Creature.4038

Creature.4038

Solod him as lvl 80 mesmer, it was not even hard at all, just keep a good distance and dodge the pumpkins and stuff on the ground. It took about 30-40 mins though lol but it was worth, alot of fun! Not only that arachnophobia dropped from the chest!

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Tito.3270

Well, by now 7/8 classes on this thread have posted that they have soloed him, so it’s not about overpowered classes but bad players i guess :P

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Rosen Myst.7641

I tried it solo at first not knowing what to expect and all the adds burned down my hp. So you guys are all definitely better players than me. I had a huge repair bill afterwards. But definitely a good challenge for many.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I have him to 20% hp, but for the life of me i can’t figure out how to get to the bottom platform

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kathvely.3178

kathvely.3178

Soloed him as a lvl 80 guardian. Took awhile and died a few times but it was still fun. You basically live in the huts. Use the walls to avoid his attacks. Hit him when he spawns on you and his hit box goes through the wall. Its a little exploitish but you still need to run out and attack with range when he is far or it would take forever. Either way you will still die a few times until you get the dodges and movement right.

(edited by kathvely.3178)

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I just finished him solo on my Elementalist. Got killed a few times, but it was very manageable.
Gonna make a video later.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Solo’d, 80 Thief. Got an exotic as well

I stayed out in the open and used my backup (CoE golemancer outfit and Thieves Guild) to keep a little aggro away, and evaded constantly with shortbow. Took down all the spider mobs first, but that didn’t take long.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DownPour.5903

DownPour.5903

Took me tll 19:55 gmt with my necro.. wooo.. isuck

Desolation

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Tito.3270

And there we are, 8/8 classes have done it solo, so it’s deffinatly not about OP classes

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

MajorMelchett.6042

So how do you get to the last platform?, the only way i can see the drop is to high.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Rosen Myst.7641

_Well, by now 7/8 classes on this thread have posted that they have soloed him, so it’s not about overpowered classes but bad players i guess _

Yeah … I did notice one ranger that posted … but overall you’ll notice that most of the posters are not light weights. Once you understand the fight tho I suppose it would be a lot easier. Anyway .. gratz to all of you.

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alverad.3167

Alverad.3167

So hyped, such a disapointment – gather a group, each of us gets zoned in seperately, 3 people quit, two of us continue on our own and after few initial deaths on the first trash, soloed the whole thing, which was, to put it lightly, very underwhelming and bugged – MK randomly porting here and there only to return to a previous spot a moment later requiring me to clear all the respawned trash again to get to him at the level he was at 5 minutes earlier. Not to mention server crashes at 19.00 GMT, so did not even get to experience the cut scene, whatever it might have been. Oh, and a 10 slot bag? Really?

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Tito.3270

there are small platforms in between the levels you can jump to

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

Posted by: qcatone.1954

qcatone.1954

Kill him solo with my thief. It takes arond 25 minutes. Have no sreenshotes ;/

Qinasis [DTF]
[Incinerator] 24 october 20.14GMT
[Bolt] 3 february 15.12GMT

Mad king solo

in Halloween Event

MajorMelchett.6042

@tito, i know i’m on the last platform, but there is no more smaller ones to jump to, the only 1 i can see is to high for my 16k health to take Oo.