What do you think the "1 time surprise" will be? [spoilers]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

Q:

I don’t really know. Anyone got an idea?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

Everybody gets the Clock Tower achievement automatically granted, irritating the heck out of the folks trolling the Halloween Event forum.

Seriously, I’m hoping it’s just a party.

in Halloween Event

Mays.5839

Everybody gets the Clock Tower achievement automatically granted, irritating the heck out of the folks trolling the Halloween Event forum.

Seriously, I’m hoping it’s just a party.

I suppose so.. but if it’s a party, what will we do there? I mean, we can’t fight the Mad King cause what’ll happen with act 4?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chrollo.2173

Chrollo.2173

Well I already had the clock tower achievement feeling when, having grinded doors the second day to get the mob achievement they introduce a map crawling with halloween mobs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Direngrey.1247

Direngrey.1247

Since the Lion’s Arch statue is decaying and crumbling away, I definitely think that it will fall apart and we will :
A : Repair it.
B : Destroy whatever caused it.
C : Go through a portal where it was destroyed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

Either the lion in the square will explode or implode. End result will set free the Mad King again

Maybe it will even open up a portal to the last Mad King realm for the achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: IcicleTrepan.4125

IcicleTrepan.4125

I bet the Mad King shows up and drops magical goodies

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

The lion blows up, a wardrobe door appears, and we have to help a friendly lion & kill a witch.

Waitaminute…

in Halloween Event

Mays.5839

I bet the Mad King shows up and drops magical goodies

I like the sound of that.. wait..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Nothing for us , most likely simple watching the Mad king appear and go all , “im evil haha”.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Judging from the state of the fountain and after reading the book quests I have come to one conclusion.

We all gonna die.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

The actual end of the world. Hence why it will only happen once.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think Lion’s Arch will be attacked and a huge group event(causing lags and the sound bug) will happen where you need to defend it. Most mobs will appear around the statue. Will take a bit longer to finish the event. No achievements and the reward will be small.

Then maybe the party… or party will still take until Act 4. Should be something where you just need to get into the orange circle in Lion’s Arch and then automatically get the achievement.

The other thing were we could only get to 3/4 maybe at the last Act.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Endless Toilet Paper?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Endless Toilet Paper?

I’d totally love that. The statue is falling apart, we must use toilet paper to repair it, lol!

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: caufenkamp.7210

caufenkamp.7210

Im pretty certain that the Mad King will bust up through the statue in lions arch. It seems to decay more and more with each passing event. Now if it will spawn enemies thats still unknown. But im pretty sure after he bust out of the statue a “Party” will start.

Kinnuriel | 80 Elementalist | [MF] Malum Factum
www.malumfactum.com
Yak’s Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I predict whatever it is people will complain one or more of the following things:

1. The loot was not adequate.

2. The loot was too hard to get.

3. The loot was too easy to get.

4. People are selling loot for too much.

5. The loot is so common the loot is selling for very little.

6. There is no loot and there needs to be loot.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sjeufke.9346

Sjeufke.9346

mad king comes, kills us, the end!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I expect it to be mainly visual and the achievement for “Attend the Party.” It’s also likely we will get more ToT bags (probably personalized). Also very possible there will be a piece of town clothes, probably a hat, that will only be attainable to those who attended.

A little less likely would be something like everyone is sporadically and randomly transformed into a Halloween costume you can’t get out of forcing a huge costume brawl.

Two things I’d like to see is some way to get BLC keys as drops (unlikely) and something to spend corn, nougat, teeth, and skulls on that doesn’t also require 100g+ of normal materials. I want to use my Halloween currency to get Halloween stuff on Halloween (crazy right?)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

When i last went into LA, the lion statue didn’t behave like normal – normally permanent terrain props don’t have any loading time ie they’re never culled.

But the lion prop WAS culled, which revealled a deep indentation in the floor underneath it. The indent was ugly and not intended to be seen, but it implies that there may be some kind’ve “hole” prop like a vortex or hole that will suck the lion into it, or a crater where it explodes.

That’s my interpretation of it anyway as someone who’s got level design experience.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Illicit.2749

Illicit.2749

It probably has to be a portal to a new area in the Mad King’s world, because currently we can only explore 3 out of 4 areas for the achievement. I’m assuming you will only get the “Attend the Party” achievement if you are in the event area around the LA statue at a certain time during the start of Act 3.

Illicit – Guardian
Consul of Os Guild
Administrator – shiverpeaks.com

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

More candycorn.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TransparentlyOpaque.1824

TransparentlyOpaque.1824

One time event-

Everyone that attends gets a free Rare Halloween skin of their choice.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Flying minkeys, I mean monkeys (I really hope!!!).

If not that, a game of hide `n` seek in some underworld realm?

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Yuripa.7608

Yuripa.7608

It is completely stupid to have a 1 time event on a game available around the world and so many people will miss it. I really does make me so mad that they are like “you don’t want to miss this” but because they are so stupid and make it 1 time at 6am for me I will more than likely miss it and have to watch it on youtube.

“Whatever happens is going to be on livestreams instantly and then on YouTube about five minutes later. At least this way, everyone has a chance to experience it in the game, without having it spoiled by the rapid availability of video on the Internet.”

Makes me laugh, Most people will be using youtube to watch because we are forced to miss it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m assuming the lion statue will explode and trigger the start of Act 3.

Personally I’m hoping the start isn’t anything more than an animation because whilst I would love to see it I’m going to a gig tomorrow night and there’s no way I’m missing that for a game, even this one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ccdsurf.8639

ccdsurf.8639

lion comes alive as an aspect of the Mad King

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You will get 10 random precursors.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wreave.2138

Wreave.2138

Funny/Satisfying/Slightly Cruel Answer: Botters from all over Tyria will be summoned to to LA and shredded gloriously, gorily by the Mad King. And then banned forever.

Funny/Satisfying/Slightly Cruel Answer #2: Players will get an observation mode and watch ANet developers are forced to run clockwork – as Asura along with a mob of Charr and Norn who do not fall and continually stay on top of the devs toons. Devs won’t be allowed to logoff or quit for at least 12 hour or until they complete the event.

Fearful Answer: There will be some massive PvP event which will be different and fairly cool, but ruined at the end because it will be won by people who find some loophole that ANet overlooked. (E.g. last open beta event — which was won by people who popped elixirs.)

Seriously: I’ve been off playing MoP for a month and was looking forward to coming back and playing fun GW2 for the holiday. But I’ve seen too many of the Clockwork Tower type problems. Were it not for the strong ‘be sure to be there’ message, I think I would skip the Sunday event. But I really am afraid that some inadequately tested/thought out problem will show itself.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Something that will not really surprise me, and that will happen just once until next year, if it ever happens again.

I’ve imagined countless scenarios, from something typical like the Mad King poping from the Fountain as if it was a stripper cake, to someone else like Menzies or Palawa Joko appearing instead (or along, crashing the party) Thorn.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

Mad King bursts out of the lion statue. Not sure just a guess though.

@Wreave.2138
“But I’ve seen too many of the Clockwork Tower type problems. "

What problems? Challenging content is not a “problem”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

The globe under the lion will explode, and open up a new path somewhere in Mad King Thorn’s world, where we will do something special!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

I was pretty much assuming it would be like the first GW1 halloween – Mad King shows up, plays Simon Says, gives out free goodies and a unique pumpkin hat.

Hadn’t even considered it might be something else. Although having finished Mad Memories Part 2, it does seem as though we’re going to have to track down six bits of his body or something before he can turn up.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chuckles.3754

Chuckles.3754

An event starting that can’t be exploited for gold. Just kidding! (but kind of not)

Back on topic, I think the Mad King will transform the Lion into a demon who will terrorize all of Lion’s Arch, and we will have to work together with the npc’s to defeat it through a few dynamic events. Consequences being that the city is essentially shut down until the Lion is returned to normal.

As a show of thanks either the gods will come down and cause the lion to shoot candy corn out it’s mouth and cotton candy out of it’s butt (with rainbows coming out of the fountains), or Kormir will steal the statue.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Acerac.6428

Acerac.6428

I have work at that time, so it doesn’t really matter to me!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bella.3502

Bella.3502

I predict whatever it is people will complain one or more of the following things:

1. The loot was not adequate.

2. The loot was too hard to get.

3. The loot was too easy to get.

4. People are selling loot for too much.

5. The loot is so common the loot is selling for very little.

6. There is no loot and there needs to be loot.

Funny/Satisfying/Slightly Cruel Answer: Botters from all over Tyria will be summoned to to LA and shredded gloriously, gorily by the Mad King. And then banned forever.

Funny/Satisfying/Slightly Cruel Answer #2: Players will get an observation mode and watch ANet developers are forced to run clockwork – as Asura along with a mob of Charr and Norn who do not fall and continually stay on top of the devs toons. Devs won’t be allowed to logoff or quit for at least 12 hour or until they complete the event.

Fearful Answer: There will be some massive PvP event which will be different and fairly cool, but ruined at the end because it will be won by people who find some loophole that ANet overlooked. (E.g. last open beta event — which was won by people who popped elixirs.)

The two of you just made my day!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

Well I doubt it will be anything too valuable since many people cannot be online at that time for various reasons.

My guess is a special title.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

My prediction :

1 – Mad King comes back and start telling his funny jokes

2 – An emergency patch is realeased soon after to nerf Mad King’s jokes to make them much less funny

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

you need to pay 2000 gems to get into the event?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

The introduction to The Underworld.

It was really popular in Guild Wars 1 and you had to get there near Lion’s Arch. It was big on farming and it was hard. It’d be too perfect if the Mad King opened up a permanent portal to it, making this event like the http://www.wowwiki.com/Gates_of_Ahn'Qiraj in WoW. A one time event.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Underworld

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Glarpaso.9038

Glarpaso.9038

I´m guessing the statue will fall apart, some evil minions will appear, we’ll have to kill em’ all and then repair the statue. As a reward we´ll get a title and 8 Candy canes.

OR…

We´ll have to decorate LA with Mad King Thorn banners and such. Afterwards a Dev will join us and give intructions on how to behave. Also that the ones not laughing when the king himself is telling jokes, will get a permaban.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

The Mad King will burst out of the Lion’s Arch statue. After a few bad jokes, he will take off his pumpkin head, revealing his identity as Colin Johanson, who will then taunt everyone, “How do you guys like jumping now?”

Then he will take all of the gems of everyone in Lion’s Arch and vanish in a puff of smoke, saying, “So long, suckers!”

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

I’m pretty certain there won’t be any special rewards for it as ANet already knows that would cause an uproar. This probably has nothing to do with the ‘Attend the Party’ achievement too.

As others have said, the fountain is probably going to explode/implode/crumble and reveal something. King Thorn will likely make his entrance, play his old GW1 mini-game again and kill everyone that fails. Following that he’ll leave to hunt for his body parts, at which point the Act 3 scavenger hunt will begin wherein we have to beat him to said body parts.

The reason this is a one-time thing is simply because it’s going to be a permanent progression of the story in some form (and likely whatever happens to the fountain will be permanent too).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I agree with those who say it will probably be something with the statue exploding/falling apart and Mad King Thorn appearing. I don’t think there will be any sort of rewards that are given ONLY at that time. There might be something you can get at that time, but it will be something anyone can get during the rest of the event!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

I think the clue to guessing what will happen lies in considering why the decision was taken to make it a one time non repeatable event.

The only logical conclusion I can draw is that something is going to happen tomorrow that makes some sort of change to the world – Hence it cannot be repeated without reverting the world back to it’s previous state. This could be a cosmetic change or the introduction of some major new content.

in Halloween Event

Mays.5839

We’re edging closer! Any ideas?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

I’m betting the lion statue blows up, killing everyone gathered in the Lion’s Arch Grand Piazza. Then the servers go down.

Surprise!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Well that was brilliant!!

I guess I should`ve read the clickable instead of entering solo, but completed it anyway hehe

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…