Human female voice

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Is there anyone that likes the human female voice?

I personally hate it and just turn off audio because of it.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

i’ll admit it doesnt match some of the faces, i like it for my char though bcuz i feel like it matches her

Attachments:

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: VulShanna.5702

VulShanna.5702

I like the voice, too. But that might be because I usually make young looking characters, and the voice sounds a bit young ranged 18-25.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Passiflora.2047

Passiflora.2047

I don’t particularly like it, I find it sounds too “arrogant; pertly self-assertive; conceited” for my taste, and a bit cheesy. It is fairly tolerable though, I suppose, and nowhere near as annoying to me (in those regards) as the male voice. xD It really depends on if it goes well with your character or not.

""The word for this definition is apparently censored, lol

(edited by Passiflora.2047)

Human female voice

in Human

Phira.3970

It is most certainly not young sounding. I am 21 and attend college. No girls around my age sounds like that. In fact, the voice sounds like a voice that would come from a really fat teacher that is 30-40 years of age. And I don’t know, it just sounds like a phat voice to me, kind of like how Fat Albert’s voice just sounds inherently phat but maybe that’s just me.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

I like the voice, too. But that might be because I usually make young looking characters, and the voice sounds a bit young ranged 18-25.

If that’s how you feel, then try to listen to Norn Female’s voice.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Eucalypta.4701

Eucalypta.4701

After I played, I can’t seem to get her humming out of my head.
I even sometimes catch myself doing it too! >_<

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Sierra.6352

Sierra.6352

I find the voice rather nice actually. Except for the shouts. (Or at least guardian shouts).

It takes body and soul, to reach your goal!

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Valior.4712

Valior.4712

Like it, not sure if it’s just my imagination but I have the feeling it’s same voice as GW1 female player character. (only annoying part is the phrase after minion dies)

Pike ‘n’ Square
Nythanryn Zior, human necromancer | and others

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Remmel.4617

Remmel.4617

Like it, not sure if it’s just my imagination but I have the feeling it’s same voice as GW1 female player character. (only annoying part is the phrase after minion dies)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Stewart

Says nothing about GW1.

Remel Shomari, Asura | Remel Soule, Human
[WvW]
Sanctum of Rall

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Not your imagination, it’s April Stewart, who voiced female lead in GW:N and EOTN, also was a GW:P narrator. She does a great job imo, her voice is pleasant, I can take it even when she over-dramatize sometimes during the PS.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

The voice sounds 30-40.

it definitely does NOT sound 18-25.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

The voice sounds 30-40.

it definitely does NOT sound 18-25.

I agree…. definitely 30+ years old…her voice annoys me because it does sound older and my characters look like they’re 20-25 years old…I wish there would be a choice of voices kinda like Aion, I would have picked the asura voice rather than the human (it’s not as annoying as humans).

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Human female voice

in Human

Phira.3970

Hehe imagine if we could choose all these voices as an option. I also would’ve preferred any of the female voices over the current gw2 human female voice. They all sound much more sexier imo

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

From the wiki:
‘April is the voice of Liane Cartman, Sharon Marsh, Carol McCormick, Shelley Marsh, Mayor McDaniels, Principal Victoria, Wendy Testaburger and numerous other characters starring in South Park.’

It’s Cartman’s mom! What’s not to like? :P

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It’s Cartman’s mom! What’s not to like? :P

Well, that’s actually a very good reason not to like it. There’s only 1 South Park episode that’s watchable, but like they say, even a blind man hits something once in a while.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I find the voice rather nice actually. Except for the shouts. (Or at least guardian shouts).

Agreed.

On my elementalist, I have no problems with the voice.

I just made a new guardian last night and took “Retreat!” as my first utility… don’t get me wrong, I think the voice acting is quality, but for a skill that I use to advance / run around cities faster… it has an inherent strain and desperation that is not at all consistent with how I use the skill.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I didn’t like her voice acts in gw 1 or gw 2 that much. I kinda deal with it as I trick my mind into hearing a much younger and youthful voice for my female humans.

Granted my ele is supposed to be 40 yet looks in her 20s, she should have more of a voice reflecting her appearance and youthfulness and Canthan heritage.

A bit higher pitched but mature enough to not sound overly squeaky and teen-like (more along the second voice in that warcraft 3 vid posted).

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

If that’s how you feel, then try to listen to Norn Female’s voice.

Now that I DO hate, it’s way too deep and just doesn’t fit a lot of the characters options.

I like the human female voice.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

I like it,

On the other hand i don’t like the human male voice,

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

It bugs me. Not enough to mute the game, though. But I do like the males.

Another thing that bugs me; Character Customization has come a long way in many newer MMO’s. So you have the possibility of many different looks, but for every look, the voice is the same? I know it would cost the company more, but.. It bugs me!!

ET and proud to be!

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I really like her voice.. did some personal story today and yep.. I like it very much lol.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I like the voice, but I don’t like it on my character lol. Doesn’t match any of my toons that are human!

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Woodbine.2514

Woodbine.2514

It’s not the actual voice that gets on my nerves so much as the ||: repetition :|| of phrases.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

Im not bothered with it. The only FemVoice I cant seem to bear is the Norn one but that’s just me

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Im not bothered with it. The only FemVoice I cant seem to bear is the Norn one but that’s just me

That is actually the reason i don’t play with my female norn necro anymore xP Those moans are horrible…
I do like the female human voice though, it’s very nice and feminine, unlike norn’s.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I like it. o_o)-b

You know what would be interesting, though? Is if they had something like an autotune slider in character creation. Nothing huge, but something that would adjust the pitch of your character’s voice slightly. I’m not sure how feasible that would be, but it would add an extra element of uniqueness to our characters, I think.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Tondrin.7806

Tondrin.7806

I like it. o_o)-b

You know what would be interesting, though? Is if they had something like an autotune slider in character creation. Nothing huge, but something that would adjust the pitch of your character’s voice slightly. I’m not sure how feasible that would be, but it would add an extra element of uniqueness to our characters, I think.

All I can say is norn women need this.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I like it. o_o)-b

That’d be nice.

In NWN you could pick a voice for your character out of a whole bunch; not just the sound would be different but also the personality (very much so). But in NWN the characters only evr said the generic phrases (in combat and such) and didn’t talk nearly as much as in GW2 (personal stories…). I wouldn’t expect ANet to make various choices available and then change the text, animation and voice acting for each single line based on the player selection, that’d eat up way too many resources. But man, it’d sure be nice. To be honest though, when I started playing and did the “I overcome them with my charm/dignity/ferocity” tpye of thing during character creation, I did really think it would impact the voice acting. But that was before I know how much dialogue there was going to be.

Re: Female Human voise: It’s okay. Not all the voice acting is spot on for my character but I never had that expectation.

Re: Female Norn voice: I don’t mind it one bit; I know many players have a problem with it sounding “too deep” but if you compare it to other Nron voices (Eir Stegalkin?!) it is rather high-pitched by comparison; I think it is already quite a compromise between what a Norn woman “should” sound like and what human players are used to hearing / want to hear.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: TheLazyOne.8509

TheLazyOne.8509

I like April Stewart’s voice/performance too.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

It would be nice if we had the ability to adjust the pitch of the voices, as I also feel the voice does not match my character.

Human female voice

in Human

Posted by: Nymeria.1653

Nymeria.1653

I have more than one human, so I’d like to have more voices because I hate the fact that they have the same voice :P but in general I don’t dislike this voice