We NEED Light armors looking like Noble's!

in Human

Posted by: Pyro.2698

Pyro.2698

I’m an old GW1 mesmer addict. The cosmetic part about them was the best Thing about them and that almost didn’t follow at all into GW2. What happened?

I make My Mesmer wear Human t3 armor But it doesnt fit her Noble background at all. Too much skin showing For à Noble!

in Human

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

Try the Armageddon set from Orr.

in Human

Posted by: Shinya.8014

Shinya.8014

Try the Armageddon set from Orr.

Thats doesn’t look Noble at all ?

in Human

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

This is why I like my T2 or Heritage sets. Despite of the second one being lately altered to the point it looks like someone mismatched body types.
Hopefully the future steampunk set isn’t the only one that’s coming… And that they won’t be just dunegon sets.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Human

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I think the t2 cultural is intended to give that look. but yes, more would be nice.

in Human

Posted by: Vex.7486

Vex.7486

The Orr Temple Light armor? I’d say that looks like a nobles gear, both male & female versions look very regal in my opinion.

in Human

Posted by: Mejo.3198

Mejo.3198

I agree, there are too many light clothes that make you look like a prostitute as a female.

Less [skin] is more!

in Human

Pyro.2698

This is my Guild wars 1 mesmer. I’m still in love with her….
now i can’t use eighter that hair or that dress.

we need similar things for light armor

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I like that outfit, as well. It may be a little bit too coat-ish and a little archaic for the setting we’re in (250 years later) but they can modify & update it and still maintain the general aesthetic.

My problem with the armor in this game is that so much of it is too coat-like, or just flat out ugly. Light armor has the best variety and stylish-ness for sure, but we need a lot more on all ends of the spectrum, this goes for medium and heavy too.

personally, I like sexier/relatively risque armor sets depending on the character…But I think you can have sexy gear that isn’t naked as well and they should appeal to both tastes. My mesmer uses T2 cultural skins, wheras my thief uses t3 cultural. (both are human.)

in Human

Shinya.8014

I
Want
to
Wear
This
So
Bad!

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: Kuncis.6748

Kuncis.6748

I agree completely I loved the mesmer armor in GW1 it was so regal and elegant now everything is more or less underwear with butt skirts. Please PLEASE give us some of that GW1 elegance and you know Countess Anise’s armor because that is seriously beautiful.

in Human

Marge.4035

I’ve found these old pre-release screens, where you can gush over Anise’s corset top. I like it a lot, mostly because of this comparison with the elite Kurzick armor. Once I too thought it will be available, mostly because it was presented in mesmer class video.

Also, earrings. Where are all the pretty earrings?

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I agree OP….I play a noble human mesmer and I’d really like to see more elegant armor skins. As much as I like the new aetherblade armors, they’re not really to my taste.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

in Human

Posted by: Gobhoblin.7582

Gobhoblin.7582

Can’t help with the hair, but as for armour, if you have access to the HoM (and coming from GW1 you probably do) try the the light armour there. It looks quite similar to what you have posted.

Attachments:

Velcro – what a rip off…

in Human

Pyro.2698

Can’t help with the hair, but as for armour, if you have access to the HoM (and coming from GW1 you probably do) try the the light armour there. It looks quite similar to what you have posted.

I know that armor, i have access to that armor, i have that armor!
Though i’m not a huge fan of it, cuz of the things going on on with the hands and cuz of clipping issues with weapons. Also the waist looks wierd! ^^

in Human

Posted by: Kuncis.6748

Kuncis.6748

About the HoM set been using it since lvl 1 would like to have the ability to change my outfit now and then but there is absolutely nothing else to wear in the light armor department. None of the armor in game even comes close to a noble looking set. Too much skin showing or the skirts have weird leggings like the noble set and the cabalist set.

in Human

Posted by: Aidendale.4178

Aidendale.4178

I tend to feel there should be a range of tastes available along a “plausibility spectrum.” On the one side we would have more historical and realistic garb. On the other we would have the highly fanciful / impossible / skimpy outfits. Unfortunately the light armor options are overwhelmingly weighted towards the skimpy and exotic for females.

Also unfortunately new armor sets in MMOs tend to always try to one-up the last set in terms of do-dads, particle effects, and widgets they stick on the armor. I would encourage the designer to include a set of more minimalist outfits soon.

in Human

Shinya.8014

Indeed,,, i’d really like to see more outfits like the NOBLES wear in divinity’s Reach. (The NPC’s)

in Human

Posted by: Andrei.7183

Andrei.7183

I’ve found these old pre-release screens, where you can gush over Anise’s corset top. I like it a lot, mostly because of this comparison with the elite Kurzick armor. Once I too thought it will be available, mostly because it was presented in mesmer class video.

This. Like many, I read almost everything anet publicated while the game was in development and when I saw this image I was certain I would get this armor (also, my mesmer wore the same gw1 one, Kurzick Elite, so everything was like, destined XD). It looks even better with Anise’s skirt/pants/bottom thing.

And I completely agree with OP, the npc noblewoman’s dresses scream gw1 mesmer style, just look at the second image attatched!
Come on, its even the type of clothing that the mesmer concept art features.

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

Yes, ANet, please… Give us the armors in the comment above mine. I’ve been waiting for Anise’s armor since the launch, why won’t you give it to us??

in Human

Posted by: LemnzestManatee.2157

LemnzestManatee.2157

I absolutely love the purple female noble clothing, and I too have wanted it for my mesmer since I first saw it. I really wish Anet would offer new armor sets for each armor type with one mimicking each of the classes’ looks. For example, one of these as a mesmer look, a whimsical one for elementalist, a tight-fitted one for thief, etc. They could even release them as skins in the gem store. I would buy a mesmer one in a heartbeat.

Aisda Amaethon – 80 – Human Mesmer
Reitsuya Kanda – 2x – Human Thief
Aestrid Hlodviskin – 3x – Norn Ranger

in Human

Marge.4035

Here are some source posts, if someone likes to see:
http://aaroncoberly.wordpress.com/
http://yeewu.deviantart.com/gallery/34678315
http://dondon.cghub.com/images/page:2/

For some reason I like these. They’re simply more adorned versions of the low level skins we currently have (with some jewelry). What do you guys think?
http://yeewu.deviantart.com/art/Guild-Wars-2-Armor-Variants-215866602

(edited by Marge.4035)

in Human

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

I’m a RPer, and I do RP with the character on the screenshot below, and i think her armor fits the mesmer-noble look of Divinity’s Reach. Some may think it’s kittenty, I say it’s mesmerizing

Attachments: