Liadri alienates a lot of gw2 players

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

Dear dev and management,
This content, considering it’s limited time only, is very hard. Even for hardcore players the phase 2 depends largely on luck. The problem with the difficulty lies with the poor camera/player’s pov (I feel even more sorry for larger toons like Charr and Norns). Please redesign the camera zoom effect in the future. But for now I think this content have alienated those who aren’t lucky/aren’t rich/don’t have as much free time who are still
- mini collectors
- living story completionists
- low spec pc/bad connection laggy players
- Norns, Charrs,
- those with only 1 toon, I have almost 8.5k ap on ele but had to make a lvl 80 mesmer for this thing

Please at least make this achievement/mini obtainable during the activity rotation.

I know you are satisfying some playerbase with very hard/luck involved contents but think about how many you are neglecting in the process.

Update: I finally got it! All the stars alligned in the right moments— meat from Strugar/Chomper stayed after someone else’s fight and I got it for dps boost. All my phantasmal warden casted at the right moment both took away 80% of Liadri’s hp. And an orb spawned in the right time to rally me up! Luck and fast lvling a mesmer for this thing paid off.

(I still hope they fix the camera view, random enemies lingering after fights, got two Liadris one time but can’t target one of them)

(edited by Zaeon.3846)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shibby.7219

shibby.7219

All those in favour of having the difficulty reduced on this boss: (post a comment to show your support and your ideas on how to fix the issues)

From the mountain of bugs:
Obstructed cosmic rifts ( a bug which has been there since launch AC burrows I feel they should just be removed (the rift not the burrows))
Camera in circular dome ( smart idea arenanet the camera sucks as it is your just making it worst)
The targeting system ( it sucked kitten launch and it still sucks hard GW1 had a better system)
Previous bosses not despawning ((doesnt happen all the time) wasting tickets and money on repair)

Attacks
The AOE (overpowered I think the pattern should remain the same as phase 1 or either reduce the damage)

• The clones* ( same issue reduce damage)

Clearly designed for hardcore gamers. I wouldn’t mind the one-shot downs so much if it was a group event like in a dungeon but not in a 1vs1 fight, it’s just like quick scoping on CoD, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Arenanet need to remember not everyone is a hardcore gamer what happens to the casual games that arenanet are excluding with theses events. Not everyone wants to play a berserk practically all the guides online used a berserker build

I know a lot of people are complaining about this on the forums, and I think with good cause there are many issues that need resolving.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

1) Remove the Rifts> The Obstructed crap and constant pulls into AoE of Death is ridiculous.
2) Remove the timer from Liadri only, there problem solved. It takes more skill to learn and stay alive from all the 1 shot death visions/aoe that you cannot really see, than it does to beat a freaking timer on a cheap boss.

This boss is beyond frustrating, if you do manage to get her to phase 2 (After hitting her with 5 orbs of light due to bugged ones not counting) Then get her to 50% life, oh wait we are going to drop you 500 feet to your death again, because 1 shot mechanics are such great designs.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Miss Sugarific.8471

Miss Sugarific.8471

Totally support this.

Also, make it instanced so the zergs below us don’t make us lag so much.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Umm a couple of things, to counter your points.

1) use melee to kill the cosmic rifts (has a dev even stated if its a bug that they are immune to most ranged attacks, for all we know it could be there to make you take a melee weapon with you, or use a non projectile attack)
2) yeah the camera does kinda cause problems, but you can avoid it by staying towards the center of the dome (not saying that we should have to find a work around, but at least one exists)
3) if you’re in a party you can call target her to help with targeting (same as above)
4) that is annoying and should be fixed as it isn’t intended

And yes, this was designed for hardcore gamers, they said so. This doesn’t need a nerf. It is suppose to be hard, and they said they don’t expect everyone to be able to beat here, that’s the point of having hard content. I haven’t beaten her yet, but in the 10 or so times I’ve tried I’ve managed to get her to 50% twice and it’s almost always my own fault for going down (opposed to bad camera angle or the like).

The entire point of the dome battles was for the hardcore gamers, that’s why they even made the point of putting it in its own achievement panel, so people who couldn’t do it could “forget it” and not have to look at it (though to me that’s really silly, but apparently people complain whenever they can’t get an achievement).

If anything they aren’t excluding the casuals, they are finally including the “hardcore” games. People were able to beat her within 3 hours of launch, so it isn’t impossible. Their beta testers said that 5 of 60 (I think those are the right numbers) were able to beat her, but she was beaten with all classes, so again it’s possible. If you want the reward, which is just a mini, keep trying. If you don’t want to, then don’t. There are plenty of other things included for casuals in this update.

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

1) use melee to kill the cosmic rifts (has a dev even stated if its a bug that they are immune to most ranged attacks, for all we know it could be there to make you take a melee weapon with you, or use a non projectile attack)
2) yeah the camera does kinda cause problems, but you can avoid it by staying towards the center of the dome (not saying that we should have to find a work around, but at least one exists)
3) if you’re in a party you can call target her to help with targeting (same as above)

And yes, this was designed for hardcore gamers, they said so. This doesn’t need a nerf. It is suppose to be hard, and they said they don’t expect everyone to be able to beat here, that’s the point of having hard content. I haven’t beaten her yet, but in the 10 or so times I’ve tried I’ve managed to get her to 50% twice and it’s almost always my own fault for going down (opposed to bad camera angle or the like).

The entire point of the dome battles was for the hardcore gamers, that’s why they even made the point of putting it in its own achievement panel, so people who couldn’t do it could “forget it” and not have to look at it (though to me that’s really silly, but apparently people complain whenever they can’t get an achievement).

If anything they aren’t excluding the casuals, they are finally including the “hardcore” games. People were able to beat her within 3 hours of launch, so it isn’t impossible. Their beta testers said that 5 of 60 (I think those are the right numbers) were able to beat her, but she was beaten with all classes, so again it’s possible. If you want the reward, which is just a mini, keep trying. If you don’t want to, then don’t. There are plenty of other things included for casuals in this update.

Not everyone plays classes that have access to several evades, blocks, invulnerability, massive melee damage. So there really isn’t a fair option for some classes. Hell there is a video of a full zerk warrior just eating the shadow aoe and clone explosions as he kills Liadri in under 5 seconds flat. This challenge is broken. Period.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wilber.9748

Wilber.9748

please do fix the range bug. if i cant do this i have no hope on doing the 8 orb achi.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Alien.5890

Alien.5890

Liadria does not need any nerfs….It is a very painful learning experience. I don’t want my mini pet (which took 40+ tries) to become a mini reef rider. There is a pattern, if you do it enough you will begin to be able to find it much easier. Hell the rifts are better left alone past phase 1 anyways, they gave 2 rallies when I actually beat her.

-Don’t nerf her, she isn’t supposed to be beaten in under 10 tries.
(I will agree that the dome needs to be open with an invisible wall, I tried her on my charr a few times and it was silly.)

Human Mesmer, Sylvari Necro
Sylvari Thief, Charr Eng

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Noctes.2537

Noctes.2537

“Meh” to the cosmic rifts, they can stay or be changed, either way.
Yes to fixing the camera.
Yes (?) to the targeting system.
Yes to previous bosses not despawning.

NO to tampering with her actual mechanics.
You by no means need zerker gear to complete Liadri, and Anet by no means should nerf the fight so that anyone can defeat it. I’m glad that they’re finally making challenges that not everyone can succeed at on their first try or two.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I just hate how Rangers have to deal with the constant debuff of having their pet (~30% of ranger’s dmg) dead from aoe…

NSPride <3

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: shibby.7219

shibby.7219

Not everyone plays classes that have access to several evades, blocks, invulnerability, massive melee damage. So there really isn’t a fair option for some classes. Hell there is a video of a full zerk warrior just eating the shadow aoe and clone explosions as he kills Liadri in under 5 seconds flat. This challenge is broken. Period.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

+1 i vote for nerf, although i’ve beaten her. Because i didn’t feel any satisfaction even afterwards, it’s just plain stupid and luck dependant.

Also, you have to run specific gear to be able to make it, and that should not be the goal for an achievement.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Queen's Jubilee

Noctes.2537

@Shakki: I’ve completed Liadri on my ele with both zerker and knights gear, and on my guardian with knights gear. You do not need a “specific gear setup” or a “specific class/build” in order to kill her. All you need is the will to keep trying.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

You probably should first learn few things about the encounter. Or pay more attention when watching that video.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Remove/Increase the timer (5min maybe?) and i’ll be fine with the fight… if they want to make the orbs not obstructed too, that’d be great, although not needed.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

i give up to light up the darkness just because is ridiculous.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

@Shakki: I’ve completed Liadri on my ele with both zerker and knights gear, and on my guardian with knights gear. You do not need a “specific gear setup” or a “specific class/build” in order to kill her. All you need is the will to keep trying.

And what if it’s a failry new Player,who don’t have 8 chars wioth differenty gear but only one and no money to modify it for example has an Ele Support healing Power build, you think this player can kill her? i think not.

IMO everyone should have the Same skills and abilities in this little Arena for every Fight, so every class got the same chances, also revive alive out there, and no repair/teleport costs.

THAT would be fair imo andn ot that gold sink which demotivates most of the players.

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Queen's Jubilee

Noctes.2537

And what if it’s a failry new Player,who don’t have 8 chars wioth differenty gear but only one and no money to modify it for example has an Ele Support healing Power build, you think this player can kill her? i think not.

That person needs to do the best with what they have.
And perhaps they give it their all and they still don’t succeed. I see no problem with that. This boss is by no means beatable for everyone.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Ruby Highfarm.6073

Ruby Highfarm.6073

What about the peple who fought long and hard, and finally managed to succeed?
I don’t wan’t this game to turn into another game designed for 10-y-olds.
It was awesome when i finally made it. If there should be any nerf, it should be to remove the thing that blinds your screen.

Besides there is plenty of time for you to complete it.

On a slight off-note – I do think, that they should make sure that the game is challenging and not punishing, and rewarding when you succeed.

Game still needs lots of work

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Liadra doesn’t need to be nerfed, other classes besides warrior needs to be buffed to warrior levels.

All is vain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Squishy.3806

Squishy.3806

I personally enjoy the challenge but there are a few things that need to be fixed

Cosmic rifts – sometimes u get obstructed when trying to hit them which is extremely frustating

Dodging – I die more mid dodge than by the massive AoE attacks. Dodge is not working properly in the dome, a few people have seen this.

Previous competitor’s spawns – having a room filled with oozes and Liadri isn’t really fun at all

Finally if it was to be nerfed remove the timer don’t make her easier its a good challenge for us all

but please fix the DODGE!

[WL] Bogan Queen
Tarnished Coast

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vatras.2806

Vatras.2806

Arenanet need to remember not everyone is a hardcore gamer what happens to the casual games that arenanet are excluding with theses events. Not everyone wants to play a berserk practically all the guides online used a berserker build.

Just ask yourself? What content was there for hardcore players in the last 8 months? I can’t think of any content I couldn’t complete. For me as a hardcore player it’s finally nice to see that my needs for harder content are finally satisfied.
We, the hardcore players, had to suffer long enough from the “casual-festation” in this game.

And btw: I did not use a berserker build to defeat her… I just did it with my normal shout heal build on my warrior.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Arenanet need to remember not everyone is a hardcore gamer what happens to the casual games that arenanet are excluding with theses events. Not everyone wants to play a berserk practically all the guides online used a berserker build.

Just ask yourself? What content was there for hardcore players in the last 8 months? I can’t think of any content I couldn’t complete. For me as a hardcore player it’s finally nice to see that my needs for harder content are finally satisfied.
We, the hardcore players, had to suffer long enough from the “casual-festation” in this game.

Yeap, that’s right. +1

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I beat her…but still felt like half luck. Gotta get those orbs to spawn in the right place at the right times.

Just a few things I’d like to see changed really, which I think would keep the intended difficulty much the same, while removing some of the random chance.

1. Move the arenas to somewhere outside where all the big group events take place. Lag is a killer for this, and this just adds to the frustration.

2. Allow the camera to extend back further. The arena can stay the same size, but if we could get a more accurate view of what was behind us, it would let the player know what they are potentially running into.

3. Reduce the damage Liadri does during Phase 1. Yes, it can be avoided, but even avoiding it feels a bit random at a times. It makes a big difference going into phase 2 at 50% health or 90%. That damage at the beginning should just be there to make sure the player is moving.

4. Extend the time limit by 1 minute. Chances are, 3 minutes won’t make much of a difference compared to 2, but it will give just a bit of leeway to some of the classes that rely on pets to assist with damage.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grebo.8573

Grebo.8573

She does not need a nerf. Just learn the pattern to her aoe and kill the rifts they are the only challenge in the fight.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

+1
We finally get something hard and people want to nerf it? wtf..
What did you expect.. to stand next to Liadri and 100b her to get a free mini?
There’s enough bosses in the gauntlet casuals can do too.
Let the “hardcore” players have some fun too with harder bosses.

If there should be any nerf, it should be to remove the thing that blinds your screen.

Turn off Post processing in your graphics options to remove the blind effect

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

(edited by Sampo.9678)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m pretty sure petitions are against the forum rules..

On topic though the fight itself is not overly difficult. It may be for Elementalists (beat it on all my characters except for my Ele) but all in all the fight isn’t hard. The camera angles and RNG involved with the shades spawning right behind you is the problem.

So no, don’t nerf it, but open up the domes so we can see.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I agree with fixing the bugs, but I strongly disagree with nerfing the challenge to make it easier, especially the timer. As for the targeting- just do it manually with a mouse click.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Fix bugs yes. Nerf, no way. While I haven’t beaten her yet as I have only had time for a few tries per day, it seems just the right kind of difficult. The mechanics are fairly obvious, they are consistent and punish inattentiveness. It’s basically a 1 man raid encounter.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Need Name.7158

Need Name.7158

Why should it be nerfed? They stated that not everyone will be able to beat the encounter. Only real issues I have are the camera and that there definitely is a difference in difficulty between classes (but I honestly don’t think that it is possible to design an encounter that is perfectly fair, where no class has a benefit).

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: HikariNoTen.1402

HikariNoTen.1402

OP : I still haven’t finished the gauntlet as Liadri is the last boss I have to kill.
I agree with the bug problems and I had to deal with them too. However every game has bugs or bad points so deal with it, as a developper I know that kitten happens too often.

I really do not agree with you on the last point (damage and hardcore part). Having some hardcore challenge is great. Not everyone should manage everything on the first day. Playing in the arena has been fun, and in no point a no brain zerker rush for me. I wish more content is like that and hope to see some bosses using these new mechanics.

TehPwnerer, yep Liadri is a devil for an elementalist. I am really lacking the dps/burst to take her down before time is running out. I will change my build to a 30/30/0/0/10 and see if I can kill her.
I had to change my build for some bosses and adapt weapon sets (I love the elementalist S/F). The challenge is though will get on your nerves, while people will faceroll it

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

You probably should first learn few things about the encounter. Or pay more attention when watching that video.

I know the orbs need to be melee’d not all classes melee. Period.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

And what has to do with “eating the shadow aoe and clone explosions”?

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

Lets see, you sit in the aoe using Block, several evades, and invuln from endure pain. Funny Arcane shield on an ele dies to the shadow aoe. Yet Warriors block works just fine. I understand you want hard content, but everything should not be made just for warrior… How about raising all classes to warriors Health/Damage/Defense levels… Or better yet, lets see a Warrior nerf to bring them DOWN to the other classes levels.

@dani what class, cause all range spells i used said Obstructed repeatedly.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Lets see, you sit in the aoe using Block, several evades, and invuln from endure pain. Funny Arcane shield on an ele dies to the shadow aoe. Yet Warriors block works just fine. I understand you want hard content, but everything should not be made just for warrior… How about raising all classes to warriors Health/Damage/Defense levels… Or better yet, lets see a Warrior nerf to bring them DOWN to the other classes levels.

With any aoe range weapon skill ! Cluster bomb , arcing arrow !

About the warrior block defy pain and endure pain doesnt work and i think 1% of warriors beat liadri with shield , i mean gs is alot better !

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Eldrene Ay Ellan.9206

Eldrene Ay Ellan.9206

OP : I still haven’t finished the gauntlet as Liadri is the last boss I have to kill.
I agree with the bug problems and I had to deal with them too. However every game has bugs or bad points so deal with it, as a developper I know that kitten happens too often.

I really do not agree with you on the last point (damage and hardcore part). Having some hardcore challenge is great. Not everyone should manage everything on the first day. Playing in the arena has been fun, and in no point a no brain zerker rush for me. I wish more content is like that and hope to see some bosses using these new mechanics.

TehPwnerer, yep Liadri is a devil for an elementalist. I am really lacking the dps/burst to take her down before time is running out. I will change my build to a 30/30/0/0/10 and see if I can kill her.
I had to change my build for some bosses and adapt weapon sets (I love the elementalist S/F). The challenge is though will get on your nerves, while people will faceroll it

I wouldnt advise going without at least a couple points in water for cond cleanse.
Personally i beat her with 0/0/10/30/30 in full serker gear. Using FGS in phase 2 makes the encounter almost trivial as you have plenty of evades and ranged damage

“Bravery and beauty and wisdom and a love that death could not sunder.”

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

I use Greatsword, Axe and Mace with Bull’s Charge, Frenzy and “Fear Me!”.

Zero blocks, zero vigor, zero immunities, only one built-in evade. Every class can get that with Sigil of Energy.

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

I use Greatsword, Axe and Mace with Bull’s Charge, Frenzy and “Fear Me!”.

Zero blocks, zero vigor, zero immunities, only one built-in evade. Every class can get that with Sigil of Energy.

Well ive watched quite a few warrior videos doing it, and i know the shield block does block it. Also a free evade every 8 seconds on Whirlwind, that also counts. Just like mesmers #2 sword invulnerability counts for them

(edited by Otaur.9268)

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

With any aoe range weapon skill ! Cluster bomb , arcing arrow !

About the warrior block defy pain and endure pain doesnt work and i think 1% of warriors beat liadri with shield , i mean gs is alot better !

Endure pain and shield block do work as i tested it on warrior… And the 2 examples u gave for Range are aoe based attacks that explode hitting the rift underground… Try again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Please show me a video of a Warrior killing her under 5 seconds with Shield Stance.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

This thread will be probably closed. As far as i know petitions are not allowed on this forum….unfortunately….There is no good reason for it but Anet just want it that way…
If i would not have to farm tons of tickets and run through whole pavillion every time i die then i would accept its difficulty, But i have to do this all..
So nerf Liadri so we have bigger chance of defeating her or get rid of tickets and TP marathon..

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

Please show me a video of a Warrior killing her under 5 seconds with Shield Stance.

Never said all warriors kill her in under 5 seconds. I just said its been done, and by you, so the fact your arguing that" its not broken for warrior is pathetic. Just because you’re an elitist doesn’t mean it should be impossible for the other 80% of the population.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Arenanet need to remember not everyone is a hardcore gamer

They kept that in mind when they created the game, that’s why every dungeon is pretty easy, every encounter in the world that isn’t a champion is easy and most of the minigames are quite easy to pick up and understand.

what happens to the casual games that arenanet are excluding with theses events. Not everyone wants to play a berserk practically all the guides online used a berserker build

Liadri is the last encounter this means you had 11 fights before her and yet you are saying that a.net excludes players from those events?
It is one encounter in the game that actually makes you want to retrait (hence the respec npc in the middle of the map)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

I want to see it too !

in Queen's Jubilee

Wethospu.6437

Never said all warriors kill her in under 5 seconds. I just said its been done, and by you, so the fact your arguing that" its not broken for warrior is pathetic. Just because you’re an elitist doesn’t mean it should be impossible for the other 80% of the population.

Just one is enough. You said there is a video of a Warrior killing her under 5 seconds while “eating the shadow aoe and clone explosions”. As far as I know, Endure Pain doesn’t work against clones so that only leaves Shield Stance.

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

Just one is enough. You said there is a video of a Warrior killing her under 5 seconds while “eating the shadow aoe and clone explosions”. As far as I know, Endure Pain doesn’t work against clones so that only leaves Shield Stance.

Endure pain makes u invulnerable, the clones explode and do 0 damage.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

if I had more time I might do it on my ele naked… you can sure do it with ele just with a normal gear when you have some power… I might give it a try just too Show you it’s not gear depandent

IMO everyone should have the Same skills and abilities in this little Arena for every Fight, so every class got the same chances, also revive alive out there, and no repair/teleport costs.

THAT would be fair imo andn ot that gold sink which demotivates most of the players.

first scale 81 fractals

in Queen's Jubilee

Otaur.9268

That person needs to do the best with what they have.
And perhaps they give it their all and they still don’t succeed. I see no problem with that. This boss is by no means beatable for everyone.

Video of you doing this on Ele? I would love to see it, as her grasps alone out damage all the heals I have. And if I do go condition, I cannot stack them fast enough during phase 2 to beat the timer.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

Don’t nerf her.

Remove the Arena’s roof so Charr/Norn have a chance to zoom out a bit and see wtf is going on!

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The difficulty level of this does not need a nerf. Of course this was made for more hardcore people or those that enjoy challenge. I think all games need this sort of content to keep a variety players interested in the game. Should all dungeons be removed because some people don’t like to group up? No.

I will agree that the fight needs tweaking but only for playability issues, not difficulty (though it could be argued these playability issues are part of the difficulty :p ):

1. Move it to a place that doesn’t have a massive zerg below
2. No dome, allow us to zoom further out like we might do on Lupicus
3. Make the cosmic rifts rangeable
4. Perhaps remove the cosmic rifts from the 2nd phase or at least guarantee they won’t spawn were the one-shot aoe is going to drop. At least allow people a moment to recover from not killing it fast enough. Luck factors don’t make for fun fights.
5. Prevent the shadows from spawning on top of a player.
6. Allow solo target calling.. I’m not sure I could have done this without being in a party and having called target. It’s extremely hard to find her again when you’re worried about kiting.
7. Make the red aoe on the floor more visible.. though, once you’ve tried enough, you get a good idea of where it’s going to be.
8. Get rid of the blind (I turned off post processing.) If there’s a one-shot mechanism that requires people to look at the floor to avoid it, don’t blind them.
9. A bit longer of a timer. I had a few times where I just simply ran out of time. That was frustrating. And on my successful kill, the announcer was down to 1 when I got Liadri.
10. I actually think your idea of the clones doing less damage is a good idea.

I didn’t use any blocks, evades or invulnerability on my warrior, nor did I melee her (except at the very end when she had like 2% health left and the floor was about to drop out from under me.) The video of what that warrior did was exceptional and not something your average or even somewhat decent player is going to be able to pull off.

I do agree some classes need mobility builds with access to more vigour (cough necro cough.)

Lets see, you sit in the aoe using Block, several evades, and invuln from endure pain. Funny Arcane shield on an ele dies to the shadow aoe. Yet Warriors block works just fine. I understand you want hard content, but everything should not be made just for warrior…

I guess you support nerfing mesmer’s number 2 sword skill as well? They can just stand there and evade everything. Or the fact they can blink out of the aoe? Or that they don’t even have to attack Liadri directly and let their focus and pistol phantasms do all their dps?

Or how about thieves and the way they can zip around the arena? Or engi’s with all their vigor?

Seriously.. stop on the warrior hate. The class doesn’t by default make this encounter easy. It may be easier, I’ll grant that, but it still very much depends on the player.

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)