Queen's Gauntlet is breaking the economy

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lucas.5619

Lucas.5619

All the dimishing returns implemented on this game and the dungeon reward system was to balance the gold-making between classes.

It wall all good until BAM Queens gauntlet being farmed by a couple classes which allows them do make 100-200g a day!!!! thays a legendary in a week guys!!!

A few people are getting super rich, while other dont even have the chance to make decent gold because of the DR and Dungeon reward system. Or because their classes just suck for the gauntlet fights with 4-5 gambits.

To make it more evident, when COF farming was on, 100gems were worth around 3gold… now 100 gems are 4gold!!

The game’s Gold-sink is going down the drain.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

Everyone can be in the gauntlet :/ how do they not have a chance?
They even level you up.

Its not breaking anything, maybe some prices changed, but they will go back to normal when the event is done. calm your kitten xD

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Can you provide more evidence for the economy being broken than “now 100 gems are 4gold!!”? That’s not a very compelling argument. This could be due to the announcement that past-limited time items will be offered in a sale in late August, and people are buying their gems now so they don’t have to later when prices really spike.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I agree completely. Even though I’m been farming the gauntlet like mad, I don’t think it’s something that should be allowed. It’s just too much cash for too little effort in too little time. I don’t know why Anet is allowing it to happen.

Because of this I’ve stopped dungeon runs, dailies, world boss events…pretty much everything except gold farming. That’s a pretty messed up incentive system right there.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

That doesn’t mention that it also ties up all the gauntlets because 2-3 thieves are waiting in line to run deadeye over and over.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i don’t know, i was hoping this would be a chance to get cheaper materials for my legendary, but everything’s about the same. the overflow of money comes with an overflow of stuff to sell as well, so i think it’s balancing itself out in a weird way.

personally, i’m using the gauntlet to level my alts. got at least 10 levels on one of them already, in just 2-3 days of casually playing it.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

i don’t know, i was hoping this would be a chance to get cheaper materials for my legendary, but everything’s about the same. the overflow of money comes with an overflow of stuff to sell as well, so i think it’s balancing itself out in a weird way.

personally, i’m using the gauntlet to level my alts. got at least 10 levels on one of them already, in just 2-3 days of casually playing it.

Except the gauntlet doesn’t drop materials, so there’s no overflow of stuff to sell, only gold.

This topic isn’t about farming the pavilion mobs. Those drop materials just fine, and the money you make isn’t all that amazing. If the pavilion were the only farming thing here, there’d be no problem whatsoever.

This topic is about people farming certain gauntlet boss battles (which drop no materials except sprockets) to make upwards of 20g an hour at times. That’s pure gold being generated by the game and put straight into players’ hands at a very fast rate.

There isn’t much evidence of the effect on the economy just yet, but with so much gold being created I don’t see how it won’t eventually cause some issues.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I dont see any problem with a limited time event that allows players to make money.
Also making 100g a week is the stretching it very far.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

I dont see any problem with a limited time event that allows players to make money.
Also making 100g a week is the stretching it very far.

I’m a pretty casual farmer and I’ve got 150g from the gauntlet since Monday.

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

So why cry about nerfing it now? “I got my money, now nerf it before others make significant profit” ??

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

So why cry about nerfing it now? “I got my money, now nerf it before others make significant profit” ??

What do you want me to do instead?

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

If you are asking to nerf something that you earned 150g from in matter of days then perhaps you shld delete the gold you got out it, only seems fair since if it really is that “game breaking” you exploitted the game knowning this.
If you do that then sure I will agree with your point.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

If you are asking to nerf something that you earned 150g from in matter of days then perhaps you shld delete the gold you got out it, only seems fair since if it really is that “game breaking” you exploitted the game knowning this.
If you do that then sure I will agree with your point.

Do I look like an idiot to delete gold I worked for? The fact that I made use of it while it was available doesn’t change the fact that I think it’s bad for the economy. And it’s not an “exploit”. Farming the gauntlet is clearly intended by the developers. I’m not exploiting some coding bug or oversight here. It’s all on the up and up.

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

There you go you said it yourself, “Farming the gauntlet is clearly intended by the developers.”
No nerf is needed here, time to close the thread.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Farming the gauntlet is clearly intended by the developers. I’m not exploiting some coding bug or oversight here. It’s all on the up and up.

An “exploit” doesn’t necessarily have to be a coding bug or something. Pretty much anything not working entirely as intended that can be exploited for an advantage (See, the word is right there!) is an “exploit”.

In this case it seems like ANet is just accepting that they balanced things poorly are are trying to fix it without being punitive about it, but thus far people are still farming it just fine. =O

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Except the gauntlet doesn’t drop materials, so there’s no overflow of stuff to sell, only gold.

This topic isn’t about farming the pavilion mobs. Those drop materials just fine, and the money you make isn’t all that amazing. If the pavilion were the only farming thing here, there’d be no problem whatsoever.

This topic is about people farming certain gauntlet boss battles (which drop no materials except sprockets) to make upwards of 20g an hour at times. That’s pure gold being generated by the game and put straight into players’ hands at a very fast rate.

There isn’t much evidence of the effect on the economy just yet, but with so much gold being created I don’t see how it won’t eventually cause some issues.

You are completely missing the big picture. The effects on the economy are caused by the amount of gold generated; it doen’t matter at all how is it shared between players.
Flipping materials on the AH, for example, can grant to a player insane amounts of money while being economically healthy since actually destroys gold through taxes.

People making over 20g/hour are using an empty arena. We have 6 arenas on each server/overflow, so if we have one single farmer on each one of them (highly unlikely) the total gold generation would be of about 120g/hour.
That would let us with 69 people zerg training. Even in this (extreme) case, each one of these players potentially getting about 2g/hour would be enough for the Pavilion to have a bigger effect on economy than the Gauntlet.

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

What’s funny is that they’ll nerf this but leave TP profiteers alone as usual..

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

That means what, exactly? You’re not familiar with the term “inflation”, are you? =)

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

There you go you said it yourself, “Farming the gauntlet is clearly intended by the developers.”

While it’s definitely intended, I still have a right to draw their attention to it and voice my opinion. And also continue to farm at the same time so I don’t miss out.

I don’t see what the problem is in all this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Hevosin.9187

Hevosin.9187

Good, I want more gold on the market. I want to see 100g be common, not rare. I don’t even have 80g yet, I don’t know where or people make these crazy high numbers from.

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

It is threads like this that cause Anet to put in little to 0 rewarding content in the game, then its the same players who come back and cry about why is everything nerfed.

Also gotta love the players who take advantage of a farm and then ask for a nerf…..

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

Farming the gauntlet is clearly intended by the developers. I’m not exploiting some coding bug or oversight here. It’s all on the up and up.

An “exploit” doesn’t necessarily have to be a coding bug or something. Pretty much anything not working entirely as intended that can be exploited for an advantage (See, the word is right there!) is an “exploit”.

In this case it seems like ANet is just accepting that they balanced things poorly are are trying to fix it without being punitive about it, but thus far people are still farming it just fine. =O

For punitive action, I would have to be doing something I knew was “wrong”. Sure, the gauntlet has been a bonanza for me, but it was pretty obvious to everyone what was going on. I refuse to believe that Anet is so dumb as to not know their own game better than I do. Not to mention that it’s done all in the open for everyone to see. And publicly posted here on the forums. And youtube.

Calling this an exploit…that’s just illogical.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

It is threads like this that cause Anet to put in little to 0 rewarding content in the game, then its the same players who come back and cry about why is everything nerfed.

Also gotta love the players who take advantage of a farm and then ask for a nerf…..

Again…you want us to do what exactly? Not farm? Not ask for a nerf that we think will be good for the economy?

You’re not giving a lot of reasonable options here.

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

For punitive action, I would have to be doing something I knew was “wrong”.

That’s not accurate at all. Not sure where you got that idea from, this isn’t a court of law or something.

in Queen's Jubilee

ZilentNight.5089

While it’s definitely intended, I still have a right to draw their attention to it and voice my opinion. And also continue to farm at the same time so I don’t miss out.

So what you are essentially saying is, “I am going to continue to break the game’s economy by farming this way but please Anet, do not allow me to take advantage of this anymore”

O.o….

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

For punitive action, I would have to be doing something I knew was “wrong”.

That’s not accurate at all. Not sure where you got that idea from, this isn’t a court of law or something.

You’re right. It’s not a court of law. And guess what? I’ll take my chances since neither you nor I are qualified to precisely nail down what an “exploit” is. But we all know it when we see it.

FYI, see this thread. An Anet employee clearly admits he knows what’s going on and that there are plans to handle the extra gold. Doesn’t seem like an “exploit” situation to me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Vargamonth.2047

You guys keep insisting on the Gauntlet breaking the economy, which is false.
The Pavilion is clearly more harmful in terms of inflation.

in Queen's Jubilee

bhagwad.4281

So what you are essentially saying is, “I am going to continue to break the game’s economy by farming this way but please Anet, do not allow me to take advantage of this anymore”

O.o….

It’s just my opinion that this is breaking the economy. Obviously Anet knows what is happening and no one is trying to hide the fact that we’re making lots of money by guantlet farming. They’ve had two patches to give them the chance to implement diminishing returns or introduce timers for bosses and they haven’t.

Anet has been in the MMO business for a while. They would have to be completely ignorant and uninformed to think that people would not find a new way to kill bosses or find new bosses to kill.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

That means what, exactly? You’re not familiar with the term “inflation”, are you? =)

I have nothing against Anet dealing with inflation, but I dont like that a few lucky/diligent TP traders have access to much higher personal profit potential, and they dont get touched just because they siphon gold off the market instead of creating it. Everything on the TP should be acct bound when bought or the TP tax system should be overhauled.

in Queen's Jubilee

Bovinity.8610

I have nothing against Anet dealing with inflation, but I dont like that a few lucky/diligent TP traders have access to much higher personal profit potential, and they dont get touched just because they siphon gold off the market instead of creating it. Everything on the TP should be acct bound when bought or the TP tax system should be overhauled.

That makes zero sense and just reeks of envy or something.

Moving existing money and commodities around within the system is what makes the system work, and contrary to what people want you to believe, it doesn’t “raise prices so I can’t afford things.”

It’s massive injections of new money and commodities out of nowhere that have the potential to drastically alter the system.

Also, the tax is already huge. Not sure what you would do to “overhaul” it.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Please, try to think about what you’re writting beforehand. The pavilion main rewards are a lot of T5/T6 golds and exotics which leads to an increasing amount of supply of said items. With more and more of those coming on the TP, the prices are expected to drop and not to rise, so no inflation here.
On the other hand, the gauntlet farming is similar to old CoF in the way it rewards player with raw gold, which means people are generally more wealthy and can buy in mass → generate inflation.

Get your facts straight next time, please.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Join our discussion here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Economy-concerns/first#post2635282

I tried to get John Smith to provide more information, but so far I’ve failed. :P

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Queen's Jubilee

Vargamonth.2047

Please, try to think about what you’re writting beforehand. The pavilion main rewards are a lot of T5/T6 golds and exotics which leads to an increasing amount of supply of said items. With more and more of those coming on the TP, the prices are expected to drop and not to rise, so no inflation here.
On the other hand, the gauntlet farming is similar to old CoF in the way it rewards player with raw gold, which means people are generally more wealthy and can buy in mass -> generate inflation.

Get your facts straight next time, please.

There’s enough silver from champion bags and vendor trash to get those 2g/hour.
Those materials are a completely different story; they are going to make prices drop ONLY for themselves and for items created with them. Gems, for example, are not going to notice it; in fact, their price might even rise.

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

All the dimishing returns implemented on this game and the dungeon reward system was to balance the gold-making between classes.

It wall all good until BAM Queens gauntlet being farmed by a couple classes which allows them do make 100-200g a day!!!! thays a legendary in a week guys!!!

A few people are getting super rich, while other dont even have the chance to make decent gold because of the DR and Dungeon reward system. Or because their classes just suck for the gauntlet fights with 4-5 gambits.

To make it more evident, when COF farming was on, 100gems were worth around 3gold… now 100 gems are 4gold!!

The game’s Gold-sink is going down the drain.

Gems are up cause ppl are buying them for gemstore crap. Other ppl making money isn’t your problem. You not making it is your’s. Do something about it. Play and earn, stop pretending your qqing is concern about the economy.