America also have Spanish.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

That’s it, we also live in America and have to stacked in EN forum since the spanish forum is from Spain and that’s EU. Can we have a least one Spanish Sub Forum in NA community?

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

meanwhile, add french and chinese too. OR nope

kishter.9578

So america (Spanish) player don’t deserved a Sub forum because what again? prejudice?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

- or learn English.

Hell Avenger.7021

So america (Spanish) player don’t deserved a Sub forum because what again? prejudice?

are you having prejudice against french Canadian and Chinese? When did America = U.S.A only

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

EN should be your clue as to language.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

The Spanish forums are not restricted by continent. Any Spanish speaker is free to post on those forums, just as any English speaker is free to post on these forums.

Hell Avenger.7021

The Spanish forums are not restricted by continent. Any Spanish speaker is free to post on those forums, just as any English speaker is free to post on these forums.

exactement!

kishter.9578

are you having prejudice against french Canadian and Chinese? When did America = U.S.A only

Cmon dont make me write all this, your better than this bro.

America:
1 Antigua y Barbuda =English
2 Argentina = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
3 Bahamas = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
4 Barbados=English
5 Belice=English
6 Bolivia = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
7 Brasil =Portuguese
8 Canadá =English French
9 Chile = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
10 Colombia = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
11 Costa Rica = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
12 Cuba = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
13 Dominica =English
14 Ecuador = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
15 El Salvador = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
16 Estados Unidos=English
17 Granada=English
18 Guatemala = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
19 Guyana = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
20 Haití =French
21 Honduras = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
22 Jamaica =English
23 México = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
24 Nicaragua = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
25 Panamá = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
26 Paraguay = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
27 Perú = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
28 República Dominicana = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
29 San Cristóbal y Nieves = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
30 San Vicente y las Granadinas = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
31 Santa Lucía=English
32 Surinam =Neerlandés
33 Trinidad y Tobago
34 Uruguay = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)
35 Venezuela = Spanish (posible Gw2 Player)

So based in the Language calculate: 65% of the country in america where Gw2 servers are situated speak Spanish, A sub Forum in America Community is so much to ask?

I understand that, but how can i get a good information about my server time events when im in the EU forum?

(edited by kishter.9578)

Posted by: Shyhalu.4891

Shyhalu.4891

Just go talk in the Spanish sub forum.. what is the issue? Unless you’re racist against Spanish speakers from other countries outside America….

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

America:
4 Barbados=English
5 Belice=English
7 Brasil =Portuguese
8 Canadá =English French
13 Dominica =English
17 Granada=English
20 Haití =French
22 Jamaica =English
31 Santa Lucía=English
32 Surinam =Neerlandés
33 Trinidad y Tobago

So based in the Language calculate: 65% of the country in america where Gw2 servers are situated speak Spanish, A sub Forum in America Community is so much to ask?

It’s an American server where we speak English. It doesn’t matter if the majority of the population speaks Spanish when It’s in America. The land of English.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Mark answered. This thread can go no where good from there.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

kishter.9578

Mark answered. This thread can go no where good from there.

Your right, We Dont Deserved

Close this.

Posted by: Shyhalu.4891

Shyhalu.4891

More like, you already have.

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

Just when did this stupidity start?

America is short for United States of America, a country located in North America the continent. There is also a continent called South America and a strip of land between the two called Central America. These are collectively sometimes referred to as the Americas, but this is distinctly different than America.

You daily geography lesson.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

The forums are broken up by language, not by region. I don’t see the problem here (other than some blatant racism here and there…)

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

The issue is that it’s apparently a euro-centric forum, with euro time zones, as far as I can tell, and that’s not helpful to someone who lives over on this side of the pond.

I’m french-canadian; if I had to go to France’s servers/forums for infos, that wouldn’t help me much either, since I’m on an NA server. Fortunately, I’m used to gaming in english.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Spectrals.4682

Spectrals.4682

I can’t believe I just found this post! I am learning Spanish and German however I have mastered the English language. What is a better way to learn a language then to talk to those who speak it?

I am making a guild for people of any language (mainly Spanish, Chinese, English and German) for us to help communicate and improve our speech.

The way the guild will work out is there will be an officer for each language. That officer will help communicate and teach others their given language thus mutually benefiting everyone.

If you are interested please mail me : Scarlet Warrior

YOLO … Yea, right until you respawn

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

The forums are not restricted by continent. By posting on the other language forums, you are not posting to EU servers. Players on any forum can play in either region. As has been displayed above, there are plenty of Spanish speakers all over the Americas and they are all free to post on any of the forums (English, Spanish, French or German) provided they are capable of communicating in that language.

The ES forum is not, in any way, limited to Europeans.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

As a native Spanish speaker, from Guatemala but living in the US, I don’t think that using the Spanish forums is a bad thing. Just start a few threads directed towards players from the American servers that speak Spanish. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind sharing thier space with us. Si somos compadres mano!!

Though I would like to ask ANet; why isn’t there an American server for Spanish speakers?
It’s the second most common language in the US, and it wouldn’t surprise me if people from Central and Spanish-speaking South American countries play this game too.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Even though I believe the OP could easily just use the Spanish forums (and didn’t even need to start a thread) I’d be tempted to side with him for no other reason than the “This is Murica an’ we speak English”crowd grates on me far more than his request does.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Even though I believe the OP could easily just use the Spanish forums (and didn’t even need to start a thread) I’d be tempted to side with him for no other reason than the “This is Murica an’ we speak English”crowd grates on me far more than his request does.

That too.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

And I’d like my danish server and wiki too. Get real.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

America:
4 Barbados=English
5 Belice=English
7 Brasil =Portuguese
8 Canadá =English French
13 Dominica =English
17 Granada=English
20 Haití =French
22 Jamaica =English
31 Santa Lucía=English
32 Surinam =Neerlandés
33 Trinidad y Tobago

I understand that, but how can i get a good information about my server time events when im in the EU forum?

One quick comments… Guyana speaks english, not spanish.

BTW, Venezuelan player here, though I’ve never really posted in the spanish versions of the forums (I’ve just never liked when names are translated, not only in this game but in every game, book, movie and the like… I just prefer how “Evon Gnashblade” or “Lion’s Arch” sound than “Evon Filorrechina” or “Arco del León”, personal preference I guess). I would completely support the creation of a subforum for spanish, but to be honest I don’t see many people that do play in spanish and would post there and aren’t already posting on the spanish forum, specially considering that the website automatically directs you to the forum language based on the browser language, so anyone with a browser in spanish on his/her computer would end up by default on the spanish forums, and would have to pick up english on the flags on top to go there (and I know that, it’s a personal per peeve of mine that the page sometimes directs me to the spanish version even if I’m writting the URL of the english version).

I also understand the problem of playing on the european servers, both from a latency point of view and on a timezone one, being played WoW for years in european servers (it’s where friends were already playing), but by now, unless Anet plans on opening new servers, something I don’t think it’s needed for the time being, I don’t see how they can do anything about it by now without causing unnecesary grief to players (for example, declaring a server the spanish one and having lots of stablished players that don’t speak spanish on it). What could be done is to try to select a server (preferably one with a strong latinamerican community to begin with), and do like the oceanic players did, declare it the unnoficial american spanish server and campaign for people to move there or new latinamerican players to create their characters there.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

The forums are not restricted by continent. By posting on the other language forums, you are not posting to EU servers. Players on any forum can play in either region. As has been displayed above, there are plenty of Spanish speakers all over the Americas and they are all free to post on any of the forums (English, Spanish, French or German) provided they are capable of communicating in that language.

How the people can talk of a WvW match in EU forum if the servers talks in this forum?

kishter.9578

I dont want to Use the EU forum because im from America and this is where all the people who i play use to be.

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Next

How the people can talk of a WvW match in EU forum if the servers talks in this forum?

There is nothing preventing you from creating a matchup thread in the ES forums regarding the matchup you are currently engaged in on NA servers. The forums are not restricted by region. Plenty of players on EU servers post on the EN forums. There nothing preventing players on NA servers who speak Spanish from posting on the ES forums.

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

im spanish and i dont like post on spanish forums… Am i a bad person? >.<

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

The forums are divided by Language, not Region. Otherwise, there would be forums for English (UK), English (USA), English (Canada), English (Australia), English (NZ), and so on. You are trying to create a controversy where there is none. The Spanish Language forums are likewise not Spanish (Spain) or Spanish (Mexico) or Spanish (USA), they are for everyone, everywhere, who speaks Spanish.

If you would like a sub-section of the English forum for Spanish-speakers in North and South America, I would like an English sub-section of the German forums for my uncle who used to live in Germany on a US Airforce base.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

How about America having Native American Dialects Subforums since the Native Americans are the original Americans?

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

I am Belgian and I speak Dutch, do I have my own forums and servers? Nope, and I am not complaining.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I dont want to Use the EU forum because im from America and this is where all the people who i play use to be.

There IS no EU-forum. We Europeans post on the “American” forum if I’d follow your logic, as long as we do so in English. The Spanish (language) forum is in no way a EU forum.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

You don’t seem to understand that there are no EU forums or American forums. The English forums are open to everyone who speaks English, regardless of whether they pay on EU or American servers and regardless of nationality. We talk about WvW matches between EU servers and WvW American servers in the same forum all the time.

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Previous

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

As has been pointed out multiple times: The forums are based on language, not region.