One more replay and thats it!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Hello all,

Can we just stop complaining about the last event?
Lets ask for 1 more replay at a set time and thats it. Enough. Now people know where the event starts and what to do. Even if people crash, thats bad luck and lets not speak again about it. Move forward.

Thanks and best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

Yeah! This is what I’m asking for! And please don’t let the other people get another loot again if they already got one. 1 per account is enough. xD

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gwydion.7624

Gwydion.7624

Hello all,

Can we just stop complaining about the last event?
Lets ask for 1 more replay at a set time and thats it. Enough. Now people know where the event starts and what to do. Even if people crash, thats bad luck and lets not speak again about it. Move forward.

Thanks and best regards,

Red

The whole problem with this failure of an event was that there was only 1 run at 1 set time in wich you could participate only 1ce.

How can you call it bad luck/whining when:

- people dc due to servers unable to handle load
- people can’t log back in after a dc
- people (like me) spend 2.5 hours trying to log on and couldn’t get access
- entire servers went down prior to the end of phase 3

You are suggesting to solve this problem by making the same mistake all over again…

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mr Quikeh.5461

Mr Quikeh.5461

except when its done at a time some people cant make
great idea, theoretically,
practically itll never work!
…personally if people KNEW what items were up for grabs more people would have joined, unfortunatly people are pissed because they missed out….because they didnt know what was up for grabs…

its like taking part in the Xfactor, winning, and finding out your doing kariokee in your local pub for winning…..if people know whats up for grabs, common sense will prevail…hopefully

….i hate the Xfactor by the way

in The Lost Shores

RedBaron.6058

Doing something is better than doing nothing, in this case…it is what I call a second chance.

Thats all.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in The Lost Shores

RedBaron.6058

The difference is that now people know what is a stake and will prepare, will stop the permanent downloads they have eating most of bandwidth, arrange their personal agenda to be present, defragment the pc, update the pc drivers, run only the game and close the other 20 windows open in a multitude of different pages pumping flash adverts.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Gwydion.7624

Gwydion.7624

The difference is that now people know what is a stake and will prepare, will stop the permanent downloads they have eating most of bandwidth, arrange their personal agenda to be present, defragment the pc, update the pc drivers, run only the game and close the other 20 windows open in a multitude of different pages pumping flash adverts.

And how will that make Anets servers more stable?

The problem wasn’t with people’s pc’s, it was Anet servers that weren’t able to handle the tremendous load of all these people logging on and doing the event. The fact that I spend 2.5 hours trying to log on is enough prove of this.

If you are unable to participate due to hardware/software issues of your own, then it’s you’re own kitten fault! keep your system up to date, simple.

However loads of people, myself included, were unable to participate due to Anet’s infrastructure not being up to the task. A rerrun of the event wont change this, the ammount of strain on the servers will be to much again.

Only solution are timed (1 every few hours) reruns and only 1 chance to open the chest.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Giseth.9708

Giseth.9708

Connection doesn’t have anything to do with this, i run GW2 and Mumble at once all the time, probably 3-4 hours a day.. Only during this event it crashes and can’t login ? .. Weird..
Its Anets fault, and they should come up with a way to make us happy with spending 2 hour and getting nothing..