Uninformed and now missed my chance...

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So concerning the entire event… I feel/felt very uninformed about the entire thing. From where to start, where to go, what to do, and ultimately the rewards at the end. Had I known that legendary precursors could come from the chest that spawned after the final event, I would have made more of an effort to attend. However, due to lag and confusion I didnt even think twice.

I had no idea that people were receiving some really awsome rewards, probably racking in several hundred gold in rewards. Precursors, several exotics, etc. I had no idea. I had no idea where to even begin or contribute to the event. The only contribution was when we invaded Southern Cove and killed some spiders, which I thought was halfway decent. Still, I had to ask in guild chat where to go. They said “find the icon of a ship..” Were they referring to the drawing of a ship in LA or maybe an actual little icon? I had no idea!

In short, I had no idea how or where to participate without soliciting help from my guild and I had no idea what rewards I could have received if I participated in the final event. Im sitting here on the forums after the fact reading that even though people got disconnected, theres a chance they have or will receive loot soon. Trials got loot, precursors even, etc. I had no idea that this stuff was available. I would have made more of an effort.

So now people have a few hundred more gold than I. And again, I am feeling somewhat slighted and behind everyone else both monetary and in terms of fractal levels. Since the dungeon became availble I’ve been feeling the NEED to log in every day to run at least one fractal a night to just keep up with the coat tails of the people 3,4,5 levels higher. I havent been to Orr, haven’t run any other dungeons, havent played an alt. Nothing. All of my availble time spent in GW2 now is to try to keep up with everyone in fractal levels in fear that I will be left behind… I don’t want to miss my chance at keeping up with everyone and this is just wrong when this is a game that I used to play at my own pace. Dont do the new dungeon you say? I find the dungeon awsome! I love it! Every bit of it! I WANT to experience it. I just want to do it on my own time, at my own pace without fear of missing out and being left behind.

This entire patch and event just created a fear of being left behind by the masses both interms of gold and fractal levels. I am so disappointed. I am trying to think of ways to stay afloat and continue playing the game but sadly my motivation is diminishing.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If you had read the event-information in-game it would have showed you quite clearly where the action was going on (First defend, second talk to NPCs and they give you information about what to do and so on)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Your fear of being left behind seems totally unfounded to me and I have to say I cannot relate even the slightest bit. I have not run the new dungeon yet at all, and I do not care at all if I run if for the first time today, in a week or in two weeks. It will most probably be there for YEARS.

As for the event: It was a surprise event so noone knew what exactly to expect. So everyone else had the same information as you. The event tracker clearly stated what the current objective was at all times, and the zerg of people was very hard to miss, at least on my overflow server.

About the rewards: I would have considered it extremely lame if they would have felt the need to make people participate by telling them “hey, come participate in our event, you may get precursors”. They told us for WEEKS to participate and when it would be. You chose to not participate, so you missed out. No sympathy from me, unlike for those who would have LIKED to participate without knowing about the nice rewards but could not because of real life/timezone issues.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in The Lost Shores

cesmode.4257

In response to both of you:

-The event information said “hey, the lionguard(or whoever) is counter attacking the karka land, go help”. Ok, how do I get there? Had it not been for a guild I would have ran around LA for 20 minutes, spamming map chat and eventually getting map chat surpressed by their stupid system. Where the hell is this phase taking place? I had no idea where.

-There are many people like me that didnt participate because of extreme lag/disconnects and bugs. I would venture that I COULDNT participate even if I wanted to because of these issues. Just because I cannot afford the uber PCs as some people, makes me ineligible to experience the final event and thus the “food stamp chest” at the end?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spoon.3826

Spoon.3826

Gotta agree with everything you said here!

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Sorry but that is not true. It did not just say what you wrote, it specifically told you to speak to the NPC sending people over to the island.

I have read a LOT of complaining posts about this event, and it seems noone else found it so difficult to find out where that NPC was, as your post is the only one where I read about this.

I was pretty sure where to go even before the event started, as there were two new points of interest introduced with the patches. One for the gate to the new dungeon and one for access to the island.

By the way my PC is a Core2Duo with 4 gigs of ram and is several years old. I did not have a single disconnect on the island during the whole event, and the lag there was bareable. The only place where the lag was really bad was in Lions Arch, but again – it seems the vast majority somehow managed anyway. Also while there were multiple bugs with other smaller questlines during the event, the concluding main event did NOT have bugs that would have prevented you from doing it. You just gave up.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Trillistar.4071

Trillistar.4071

In response to both of you:

-There are many people like me that didnt participate because of extreme lag/disconnects and bugs. I would venture that I COULDNT participate even if I wanted to because of these issues. Just because I cannot afford the uber PCs as some people, makes me ineligible to experience the final event and thus the “food stamp chest” at the end?

Uber pc didn’t help…the lag/dc problems were server side.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Didnt the special event window that was at the right side of the screen the whole weekend specify whats going on? Honest question, I dont remember what information exactly was in that field. I just cannot relate to your problem, I was never without an idea of where to go except during the scavenger hunt steps, and even those were easy.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

it wasnt just the side tracker. remember all those ‘annoying’ mails filling your box? they told you exactly what to do at each stage. before complaining about no information, you should at least make an attempt to look for some.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in The Lost Shores

cesmode.4257

In no exact wording, all I read was go talk to some NPC at some location in LA. I looked on the map, didnt see this location. I had no idea how to get find this NPC and how to get to Southern Cove.

And You are incorrect, I’ve seen several people complaining about the lack of information for this event. Im not sure what forums you are reading.

I checked my FPS when I was able to get to Southern Cove, a nice 8 FPS is bareable…right? No.

Q6600, Nvidia GTX 460, 8 gigs DDR2ram. 8 FPS. Sounds like server side lag…whatever the case is, 8 fps is not playable in any game. Period.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Hardist.3104

Hardist.3104

So concerning the entire event… I feel/felt very uninformed about the entire thing. From where to start, where to go, what to do, and ultimately the rewards at the end. Had I known that legendary precursors could come from the chest that spawned after the final event, I would have made more of an effort to attend. However, due to lag and confusion I didnt even think twice.

It was pretty obvious to me and my entire guild even, that the event would start somewhere in Lion’s Arch. If you had checked your map before the event even started, you could see some icons on it (they were pretty obvious on the mini map aswell). You could’ve talked to the NPC’s and learned something from them. You could even see two new Points of Interest. So where it would start was pretty obvious from the very beginning.

And it seems to me that the rewards are more important to you than the event itself. You must be having fun in this game if rewards is all you’re caring about. Sure, it’s nice to get some good rewards, but if the event itself isn’t even appealing to you, then don’t complain afterwards. And which lag do you think you are referring to? The lag in the very beginning, okay, I can see that. But that lasted for like what, 15 minutes (at least for everyone in my guild). After that, there was no more lag. Touch luck, but not something to stay away for.

Still, I had to ask in guild chat where to go. They said “find the icon of a ship..” Were they referring to the drawing of a ship in LA or maybe an actual little icon? I had no idea!

And you are blaming ArenaNet for the fact that YOU did not understand what YOUR GUILD told you? Then why didn’t you ask them what they meant with “an icon of a ship”? You’re complaining about your own incompetence, I’m sorry to say, and no offence intended.

In short, I had no idea how or where to participate without soliciting help from my guild and I had no idea what rewards I could have received if I participated in the final event.

First of all, how do you think your guild knew about everything that was going on? They must have had some knowledge about it. For me personally it was all ovbious, because we got in-game mails and we could simply talk to the NPC’s that were in Lion’s Arch and from there it was so ovbious where to go. If it fun if everything is already out there in the open before the event even started? Ask yourself this, how did you learn about traits, about your skills, about anything in this game? You learn by doing it. No difference in any of these events.

And second, about the rewards, do you need to know what you might or might not receive as a reward? Will you participate more / less in dungeons if you know what loot you can expect at the end? You should really ask yourself why you are playing this game and if this even if the right game for you.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pictish.3410

Pictish.3410

There was plenty of people asking where to go on my world certainly if they had not been to the new land beforehand(for the final event) and the box telling you an attack was underway against the ancient was misleading as you would port there only to find out it had already been defeated if you were late.

in The Lost Shores

Hardist.3104

So now people have a few hundred more gold than I. And again, I am feeling somewhat slighted and behind everyone else both monetary and in terms of fractal levels. Since the dungeon became availble I’ve been feeling the NEED to log in every day to run at least one fractal a night to just keep up with the coat tails of the people 3,4,5 levels higher. I havent been to Orr, haven’t run any other dungeons, havent played an alt. Nothing. All of my availble time spent in GW2 now is to try to keep up with everyone in fractal levels in fear that I will be left behind… I don’t want to miss my chance at keeping up with everyone and this is just wrong when this is a game that I used to play at my own pace.

Most people already had tons of more gold than I had, even before this event. And? Do you feel others are better because they have more gold? And btw, no, I did not get any items from the chest that I could sell for more than a gold. And if I would’ve gotten Dusk for example, and if I would have managed to sell that for 250 gold, all that gold would’ve gone straight to my guild. I don’t want to get an instant 250 gold for myself. That way, I won’t even have fun anymore in accomplishing everything myself.

In Fractals, I am at level 2, I have only played level 1 so far. I am still loving it. I am not even sure what is going to happen on the next levels. Will only the difficulty of the existing Fractals that I have experienced increase, or will there be total new Fractals? I don’t know and I don’t want to know. But what I do know is, I am in a guild where people not only help out each other, but also play together. Most of my guild is still at level 1 or 2. We’re all playing at our own pace. You DO NOT have to login to only play the Fractals just to keep up with the rest. You only need to do that if you are in the wrong guild, yes.

This entire patch and event just created a fear of being left behind by the masses both interms of gold and fractal levels. I am so disappointed.

So you are afraid because you have less gold than someone else. Why does that fear you, because those other people can get what, some 20 slots bags, some new gear or weapons perhaps or even a legendary. So what? Why does that fear you? Because you want to be the first of your guild to achieve certain things? Having less gold than others doesn’t make you worse and it doesn’t make others better.

You are blaming who, ArenaNet because you were “uninformed”? You were informed enough just like the rest of us. The fact that YOU decided not to participate means that YOU were the one that missed out on stuff by your own doing, not because of anyone else.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

Not everyone is 100g richer than you from the loot (I received just some rares, non-special). I agree that it could have been communicated slightly better in-game wise but not about them telling what rewards there were going to be. That would defeat any anticipation and excitement for the event. I just wanted to go for the participation of the one-time event. And as such, getting the items was a bonus. It won’t change anything with how I will play from now on and that’s all that matters for me.

At least you will have learned from this experience and will adapt to how ANet will execute events in the future (hopefully more better than on their behalf).

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Pictish.3410

Pictish.3410

And Hardist, all the events were lagged out for me and a lot of people throughout, people never got the cutscenes, people got Dced, loading screens getting stuck ect ect. You also need to remember the messed about with the content as well disabling quests, the scavenger hunts were a disaster.
Alot of people spent most of the final battle staring at Karka nads as you would move forward, freeze or suddenly have 4 giant vets standing above you which were not there before

in The Lost Shores

cesmode.4257

-I didnt say everyone is 100 gold richer, although there are certainly people that got handed out free candy, and those that did not.
-I received ONE in game mail while I was in the middle of FoTM. There were people in my guild that received dozens of in game mail, some that only received a few, some that received none. The mail system, IMO, was glitched this weekend. Understandable since a lot of the event was.
-I logged on in the middle of phase 2 with everyone in my guild already participating and too busy to point me in a better direction…since you know, that in game mail hadn’t been received yet! “Find a better guild”—eh? A fanboy’s response to every gripe. Well, I’ve already left that guild if youre wondering. “Find a better guild” is a lazy way out to responding to one’s gripes.

Hey, just take a look at the hundreds of threads, and thousands of posts more or less condeming this patch and event in every single aspect. We cant all be wrong can we? we cant all be whiney little kids, as you probably assume, can we? The number of upset/frustrated people far probably far outweigh the fanboys(and their brady bunch guilds who are “oh so helpful, and help all the low level fractal runners, and point people in the right direction, and run dungeons with them and—” desperately rushing to the defense of Arenanet.

in The Lost Shores

Hardist.3104

Q6600, Nvidia GTX 460, 8 gigs DDR2ram. 8 FPS. Sounds like server side lag…whatever the case is, 8 fps is not playable in any game. Period.

I have less specs, every graphic set to high plus I was recording the entire time using fraps. You either had bad luck with your server or you are doing something wrong yourself. Ofcourse server side lag sucks and I do agree if that was the case, I would have complained also, because the events were just simply a lot of fun. I wasn’t even thinking about any rewards at any given time during this whole event.

in The Lost Shores

cesmode.4257

There are lots of people that disagree with you, and apparently have had a very different experience than you. I am glad you were able to have fun and enjoy everything, lag free and all. But there are those of us that just didn’t see this weekend through rose-colored glasses. I guess these thousands of people play the game wrong.

in The Lost Shores

Hardist.3104

-I logged on in the middle of phase 2 with everyone in my guild already participating and too busy to point me in a better direction

Then yes, you are in a bad guild, if nobody is willing to help you out. And you must’ve left that guild for a reason it seems, and probably this was the reason. So no, it’s not a fanboy’s response, it’s a response to the fact that you were in a bad guild (looking at it from my perspective, guildmates being helpful, and so on).

But I’ve said what I wanted to say and I’ll move on again now Good luck in your upcoming events and with finding a suitable guild.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Geekcrux.1245

Geekcrux.1245

What made me mad was that I had to do the event on their schedule. Since I had other things going on, I didn’t get to enjoy the event and now never will. Does sent really want to create one time events like this all the time?

I sure hope not because it excludes people more people. I could care less about loot. I will never get to experience this part of the ga,me now.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

It may be that the OP missed the email stating ‘report to Sanctum Harbor Docks in Lions Arch’, with the ‘Show me’ button, and entitled ‘Urgent Lionsguard Operation’. This was sent on Saturday in regards to the Phase II.

It is true there was no such clear mail stating to go to the harbor again on Sunday for Phase III, but just the fact they mentioned Southsun Cove you would have known from either participating Saturday or seeing the mail in your box that you got, and if deleted, unfortunate.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Let’s hope they will make the events easier to understand with arrows that point us to the direct location. Sure we got some letter that explained us everything but why bother reading them? Lol if I want to read letters I’d travel back 50 years in time.
It’s also unfair that I didn’t get a reward for Phase 3. I wasn’t there but I payed for the game so it’s my right to get everything that is aviable.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

You are really exaggerating the problem (note I am not denying that there is some degree of a problem here).

You were not the only one that didn’t know where to go at all times, but most seemed to do. It is unfortunate that people on the map was not nicer at pointing it out to you, unfortunately some people just don’t care about others. However there were ways to know, Anet had event site up, there was updates here on the forum and there was the wiki page. I was confused too and maybe Anet can do that a tad better next time. But yeah not thaat big a problem.

A FEW people got lucky and got precursors, most got less epic loot. So it is hardly everyone that suddenly sit on a 100g. I don’t even know anyone that do. So relax a bit. You are really not as behind as you think.

I can sympathize a bit with the low fps and the decition to leave the event, but… that does not change that it was your choice. I’ve played dragon events and WvWvW with the fps at 2. So honestly, 8 does not seem like something that would make it impossible, friend of mine completed it at around that I think. (He did not get precursor btw, some decent loot, but nothing of that epic proportions)

As for the dungeon, you worry waaaaaaaay too much about getting left behind. People still run level 1 fractals. There will likely always be people for that. Why am I sure there will be people for it at all times? Because the game gets new people, because some people play new character, because some people… are actually nice and don’t mind helping.

You choose your playstyle. You choose if you stay or leave. If your playstyle cause you stress and worry… maybe you chose the wrong style.

I got kicked from the game and could not log back in although I wanted to participate (regardless of lag and without knowing the reward). I aint gonna complain. I know Anet is already looking into it, and if they don’t find a solution… well at least they tried and hopefully learned from the mistakes of this event. Had I chosen to leave… it would be all me. I would know that. And I would accept that I made a choice that made me miss out on a small chance of somthing nice.

So yeah… you do have a few good points here, but you also exaggerate some of those problems…. quite a bit.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

The website itself said it will take place on Southsun cove, if you prepared by reading it you would’ve known. I’m also sure there were some directions from LA like others had said.

Once on southsun it’s not hard to see the event symbols or read the meta event texts.

We also didn’t know about the rewards at the end, however i stuck through because of how big and how long the event was i had a feeling there was something good, or i was HOPING for something good lol but also ready to be disappointed and just i guess get some fun (ish) out of it.

However, i don’t think we should make such a big deal out of it. Yeah maybe its a lot of gold but that’s about it. I got exotics but i didn’t make that much since i’m an unlucky person anyway. My one or two exotics only sold for like 2 gold. other items were only rare. Most people didn’t get precursors despite how it seemed like there was a lot. It was like three – five people from the whole zerg from what i hear and from my experience, maybe like 10%. And they got like, one. since the price dropped they got like 200 -300 ish gold. And precursors also don’t sell that fast right? Bc it IS expensive.

If you’re looking for legendaries, there also no guarantee you’ll get what you need. It’s just random and you end up getting stuff that makes u feel good but isn’t THAT life changing.

(edited by takatsu.9416)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: prinzesslife.4758

prinzesslife.4758

Agree 100% with the OP, we were totally uninformed and totally demotivated to even participate in phase 3 after the fiasco that happend in phase 1 +2.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Quite frankly, it was pretty easy to get information about the event from this forum and the official wiki. Heck, we even had a sticky thread for it! And, of course, you could always ask other players ingame. I think you can expect a certain amount of self-initiative from people, especially those who feel like they must read up on everything first. We were even spammed with ingame-mail concerning information about the event!
Personally, I think it would be no fun to always tell us what the rewards will be beforehand…

Polka will never die

in The Lost Shores

cesmode.4257

So I need to frequent these gaming sites to stay informed?

Im sure there are tons of people, like myself, that do not want to read wikis or anything like that to experience content in the game they paid for. You shouldn’t have to rely on a website to provide you information on what is going to happen in the MMO. All of that information should be clearly laid out in the game, in this case it wasnt. I received only one mail, after phase 2 had started, the little event thingy in the upper right hand corner, in no exact words, just told me to help the lionguard invade the karka at southshorn cove…no idea how to get there. By boat, but where?
Since I did not check GW2 website over the weekend, I had no clue when exactly phase 3 was starting until it did. And since we/I have a life outside of the video game, I couldn’t participate in it. Even if I could, I think the lag and 8 FPS would have resulted in me just standing there, smashing the #1 key, hoping to get “gold” for the event.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

No, you need to read the email that was sent to you INGAME about the event and where to go.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

I can’t agree with any of that you wrote. There was a message on the screen through the entire event about where to go. There was always information about the correct map and the NPC! Most of the NPC’s was marked with a STAR. The final message pointed you specifically to “Southsun Cove” map. There you had events also marked on your map. Besides that, you were informed about all steps and events by mail.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

So I need to frequent these gaming sites to stay informed?

Im sure there are tons of people, like myself, that do not want to read wikis or anything like that to experience content in the game they paid for. You shouldn’t have to rely on a website to provide you information on what is going to happen in the MMO. All of that information should be clearly laid out in the game, in this case it wasnt. I received only one mail, after phase 2 had started, the little event thingy in the upper right hand corner, in no exact words, just told me to help the lionguard invade the karka at southshorn cove…no idea how to get there. By boat, but where?
Since I did not check GW2 website over the weekend, I had no clue when exactly phase 3 was starting until it did. And since we/I have a life outside of the video game, I couldn’t participate in it. Even if I could, I think the lag and 8 FPS would have resulted in me just standing there, smashing the #1 key, hoping to get “gold” for the event.

OK… I have to choose the side of others here.

1. You shouldn’t expect in-game mail system to give you advanced warning about any event phases. “Lion’s Arch is going to be invaded by Karka in a week’s time! Get ready with you pitchforks! and get ready for great loot!”. However they did put event information on this in various locations. Official website linked to official forums. Log-in bulletin board that links to website to forum. Also they had sent an e-mail to your linked e-mail address about the event as well. You decided to live in your protective bubble and ignore all these attempts to inform you.
2. Neither should you expect a walkthrough “Go to this guy, clap 5 times, go to this thing, pick it up, go to guy, give him stuff.” either, through the in-game mail or through the event description. This game wants to avoid the linear-based quest logs. Sure they could have given a better general direction to which areas to search in but no it shouldn’t be clearly laid out for you.
3. You’ve changed the reason for which you was not able to attend Phase 3. Your first post says it was due to “Lag and confusion” and now your recent post says “You have a life outside of the game”. You opted to “have a life” so you indeed you lost your chance. Uninformed however is inaccurate. I would say you were poorly directed.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

So you get in-game mails with the “Show Me” button showing you exactly where to go, you get your guild to tell you go to the guy with the “boat icon” and can’t find the guy with a boat over his head or the boat on the mini-map, you have been playing fractals non-stop, how did you find that dungeon? Did you spend the first day roaming around Tyria LFG for pretty new place? There were plenty of obviously pointed out ways to know what was going on IN GAME

Oh and I run a min-spec system and the only time I lagged was during the reinforcments stages which is kinda expected when they dump 30-40 karka on an already much too large zerg. Maybe I got lucky and was on an overflow that didn’t have as many issues as other servers, and if you had attended the event and got d/c just before the chest then this would be a legitimate complaint, but you didn’t. And now you come with all these excuses like you are the only one who plays this game and we didn’t all have the same information you did.

^^
My 2cents

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Celesica.5790

Celesica.5790

About the rewards: I would have considered it extremely lame if they would have felt the need to make people participate by telling them “hey, come participate in our event, you may get precursors”. They told us for WEEKS to participate and when it would be. You chose to not participate, so you missed out. No sympathy from me, unlike for those who would have LIKED to participate without knowing about the nice rewards but could not because of real life/timezone issues.

It’s not that we chose not to participate. The one-time event starts at 4AM Monday my timezone. We’ve got RL responsibilities too, but of course, we still wanted to know what happened in those events. I haven’t participated Phases 1 and 2 because again, that’s 4am my time, and knowing that the rewards were just meh (plus some people said the events were kinda buggy), I was kinda thankful I didn’t stay up late or wake up that early just to participate.

But the Phase 3 is a different one. If I only knew that those are the rewards, I would surely join. It would save me some silvers or golds and time to farm because they are awesome rewards. Even if it’s 4AM, I’d surely want to be there. But I didn’t know, and I thought it’ll be just same as the Mad King. The Mad King was epic, but it didn’t make me feel bad not attending since I can still face him in battle anytime.

But fortunately, I was able to make it to the event Monday morning my time. I set aside my paperworks just for the 2.5 hour-event, just because the moment I woke up and went online, I saw guildmates posting in Facebook the awesome stuff they got, and they’re encouraging us to participate. I did participate. Guess what? We got disconnected at the last part. No loot, yes. It’s sad, though I had fun doing it even though I didn’t do my RL work. Lol. And I’m still hoping to get the compensation Anet said.

I do hope they won’t do this again (not the one-time events because I love them, but the part where they give out this type of rewards in a one time event) because I still feel sorry for my fellow Oceanic players who weren’t able to make it. They missed the chance bigtime.