Who's responsible for the Skipping Stones JP?

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

JP’s in MMO/MMORPG/RPG games have never been fun honestly. Hate to go off topic with another game but it will be brief. SW:ToR. Jumping in that game is a pain and doesn’t feel very fluid which makes their JP’s pretty tough in the long run. GW2, jumping feels fluid. Dodging is a mechanic that fits well. The JP’s while some may be difficult, are not stressful and end up being a blast in the long run

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Alvarez.9840

Alvarez.9840

The most excellent part of this jumping puzzle is, there are two difficulty scale and people can choose the ideal one to complete it.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I liked this jumping puzzle overall as well. However apparently there is a way to pretty much bypass all the stepping stones (not counting mesmer). I didn’t do it but I think it involves going to the water near the end of the stepping stones and getting up from there.

I would say one thing I didn’t like was that when I got past the ships and on the rocks, I didn’t really have any idea of where to go. I didn’t see the path off to the right. Normally on jumping puzzles I know what direction to go but at that point I didn’t know if I should go left or right or up or jump down somewhere.

But yeah it’s a good jumping puzzle.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

Also kudos to whoever created Fractals. I haven’t been through all of them yet but so far they are tons of more fun than regular dungeons (except the swamp but that’s just me).

Not just you I think – the swamp map is a nightmare. But it’s another case where a mesmer portal can be ever so helpful ^^

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Spikedadragon.6015

Spikedadragon.6015

Found out today while trying to run it that the map is level 80 now, so was a ball to get over to the starting point.
Thankfully it’s still possible as the ridge scales will chase you but if you don’t stop you can out run them. Now not lucky if you happen upon a shark while swimming, or sea scorpion, even kraka. Oh boy! My main character is level 60 btw, so hence why this matters to me.
And yes I believe the exploit is still there but never tried it so not sure. I know somebody was there just yesterday with a Mesmer porting people up that would pay them, as mention in this thread earlier too.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

I liked this jumping puzzle overall as well. However apparently there is a way to pretty much bypass all the stepping stones (not counting mesmer). I didn’t do it but I think it involves going to the water near the end of the stepping stones and getting up from there.

yea there is, it allows you to skip probably 3/4 of the stones, you still have to do one last stretch of 4 or 5 though.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Someone wanted 10s for porting people up?? Man, and there I was with my mesmer doing it for free…

But yeah, I actually really like this JP. Unlike the clock tower there are some resting spots so you don’t feel so pressured to do it right all the time – and of course, there’s no wait to get back to it, you just run back and restart (and there is no sadistic Asura going tick-tock-the-mouse-ran-up-the-clock at you every single time).

I did it once the proper way, but have admittedly been using the shortcut to get back up there since (mostly do it on my mesmer for ports), oops.

in The Lost Shores

Posted by: Aufero.2893

Aufero.2893

The Skipping Stones jump puzzle was co-authored by a couple of the members of the team. Jordan Anton did the design, and he was partnered with Jason Jones on the environment art. But the spirit of Josh lives in all of us whenever we create one of these puzzles. ;-)

Congratulations to both of them, then. It’s a fantastic puzzle, I loved it. (And that’s despite a personal antipathy for timed jumping puzzles.)