10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jenrah.5403

Jenrah.5403

Please don’t attack the expert trolls here…. I disapprove of child abuse.

This week has been awesome. I’ve stomped, repaired, soloed, small grouped, zerged, won fights with less peeps and been crushed when we had more, all the usual. But mostly, it’s been great because the last few weeks other servers were saying Mag and others would chew us up and spit us out. I love that. It inspires my friends and I to prepare and improve, cause that’s why we’re here.

Despite all this inaccurate forum kitten about SBI chest beating I’ve heard nothing but a quiet determination to prepare for the months ahead, great cross-guild co-ordination and some of the best Drivers I have ever seen do their thing really well. Kudos in particular to Olaf, Full Metal Alkmst, Bannock & Aleman for their long hours and leadership.

Being competitive, the only score that matters, is the total at the end of the week. Full Stop. It’s a fact that it’s the only metric GW2 uses for WvW.

Every time I stomp a Mag, after reading their posts these last few days, I’ve thought of a saying we used to use when watching a football match……..

It reminds me of the drunken or infantile supporter behind you in the grand-stand welping over one of the variables that’s ‘caused’ their team to lose…….the Referee, the surface, the weather, their injuries etc. All the while insisting their team is obviously better. We would turn to them and on occasion mass chant……..“Look at the Scoreboard” followed by a golf clap of sorts.

I have no idea how we’ll go in the future but I’m excited by the challenge. All those crystal ballers can bite mine cause this week we won….and won well. Great job SBI. Keep up the hard work and lets see where the next few months takes us.

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Haha, I was thinking this exactly. I would not want to be known as the server that no one ever returns to, or that doesn’t welcome back former players. The only thing that shows is that a person holds grudges, or that the experience on the server was so bad – no one wants to return. I’d far rather be the opposite.. As you said, maybe that’s just what we get with our years.

Naw. We’re not into bandwagoners. Its better anyone who wants to bandwagon leaves mag. And take Oldsmeller with you if you go.

Except, didn’t you get a lot of transfers from BP? And some others recently? Or do those not count?

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I’ve thought of a saying we used to use when watching a football match……..

Terrible analogy. Football teams compete with an equal number of players and they don’t score points while their opponents sleep.

[AoN] All or Nothing

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: dawsm.5398

dawsm.5398

To the sylvari mesmer from Maguuma (VR guild, I believe?) that I had the pleasure of fighting near HIlls on SBI BL…

Keep tearing them up, regardless of what server they are from. You are one of the few I’ve encountered that knew how to handle your character and who also hasn’t fallen onto the “conditions” crutch. We are an endangered species.

You were also quite polite in chat, and such things are too often a rarity these days.

I regret having to leave after the blood-thirsty FA trio tore into us, wish I wasn’t so kitten ed tired but unconsciousness calls.

Make’em fear the butterflies.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

TIL some mid tier servers actually obsess over PPT

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

Terrible analogy. Football teams compete with an equal number of players and they don’t score points while their opponents sleep.

And your point is? Football teams might have the same number of players, but they are not equal. There are different coaches, talent levels, practice schedules, training schedules, the amount of time players practice on their own, etc, etc, etc. So yes, they do score points while their opponents sleep.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

And your point is? Football teams might have the same number of players, but they are not equal. There are different coaches, talent levels, practice schedules, training schedules, the amount of time players practice on their own, etc, etc, etc. So yes, they do score points while their opponents sleep.

Infallible logic.

[AoN] All or Nothing

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Jenrah.5403

I was referencing the ‘supporter’.

Not an unexpected reply. gg.

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

“We would turn to them and on occasion mass chant……..“Look at the Scoreboard” followed by a golf clap of sorts.”

“Scoreboard” works in sports because the teams are even. If you can’t see why that doesn’t work in WvW, then I’m not sure what to say.

[AoN] All or Nothing

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Haha, I was thinking this exactly. I would not want to be known as the server that no one ever returns to, or that doesn’t welcome back former players. The only thing that shows is that a person holds grudges, or that the experience on the server was so bad – no one wants to return. I’d far rather be the opposite.. As you said, maybe that’s just what we get with our years.

Naw. We’re not into bandwagoners. Its better anyone who wants to bandwagon leaves mag. And take Oldsmeller with you if you go.

Except, didn’t you get a lot of transfers from BP? And some others recently? Or do those not count?

Far as I know we have only one new guild of note and that is INC. That is hardly a bandwagon, nor is INC returning to Mag which is what was being discussed.

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Mag got BURN and GOAT like 3-4ish months ago from Borlis.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

I haven’t seen GOAT around and isn’t BURN on FA or SBI, seems like we fought them this week.

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I haven’t seen GOAT around and isn’t BURN on FA or SBI, seems like we fought them this week.

There’s a [BURN] on both FA and Mag. Two separate guilds.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

There’s a [BURN] on both FA and Mag. Two separate guilds.

Ok, good to know.

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Jenrah.5403

“We would turn to them and on occasion mass chant……..“Look at the Scoreboard” followed by a golf clap of sorts.”

“Scoreboard” works in sports because the teams are even. If you can’t see why that doesn’t work in WvW, then I’m not sure what to say.

Wow, missing the point by such a large margin TWICE would leave me speechless too.

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiro.3164

Kiro.3164

We were screwed by transfers once and survived, I am sure if it happens, we will again. The general consensus was we wanted to stay in the mid tier’s, that changed, we cant change it now. Not all of us wanted our transfers back, especially me and a whole slew of the WvW’ers that showed up every day for the T1->T5 fall . Some did, and thats their opinion. Thats not SBI’s as a whole.

If we make it to gold, we do, if we dont then we dont. If we continue to rise, we continue to rise, if we fall, well you get it. I am 99% sure those people who stayed after the first exodus are going to remain if it happens again. There is no question we will get decimated in gold, and I like to think it will help us all improve.

Im still glad we had this match up, even with you trolling Mags, I always had a soft spot for you guys, and FA has been pretty awesome as well. It has been a pretty great match, and its helped already. Going from Sat/Sun/Mon of getting curb stomped in EB to wiping both zergs past 2 nights means we’re doing somewhat better. Its been fun.

Looks like it will happen. One more week to know for sure. Good luck SBI! <3

Main: Lv80 Thief
Alts: Lv80 Necromancer, Lv80 Mesmer
[GoF] Blackgate

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

We have RISE, but I have seen some members in red names with RISE as their guild.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

We were screwed by transfers once and survived, I am sure if it happens, we will again. The general consensus was we wanted to stay in the mid tier’s, that changed, we cant change it now. Not all of us wanted our transfers back, especially me and a whole slew of the WvW’ers that showed up every day for the T1->T5 fall . Some did, and thats their opinion. Thats not SBI’s as a whole.

If we make it to gold, we do, if we dont then we dont. If we continue to rise, we continue to rise, if we fall, well you get it. I am 99% sure those people who stayed after the first exodus are going to remain if it happens again. There is no question we will get decimated in gold, and I like to think it will help us all improve.

Im still glad we had this match up, even with you trolling Mags, I always had a soft spot for you guys, and FA has been pretty awesome as well. It has been a pretty great match, and its helped already. Going from Sat/Sun/Mon of getting curb stomped in EB to wiping both zergs past 2 nights means we’re doing somewhat better. Its been fun.

I’ll follow Bannok into hell. Pretty sure I have a few times, but being a bearbow ranger makes all pvp hell.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

Wow, missing the point by such a large margin TWICE would leave me speechless too.

It’s clear what your point was in your novel-length pro-PPT post. Just because you wrote something nonsensical doesn’t mean you have to get defensive about it. We all make mistakes.

[AoN] All or Nothing

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

And this helped you move up in the rankings some. Not as dramatic as we have recently. But, back in April / May, I do remember you were around 8 / 9 in the rankings, and you moved up to around what, 6 / 7?

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

So, MAG, I have a question for you. Why do you bother to capture and defend things if you don’t care about PPT? Why not just run around and fight zergs, and individual players, if that is what you care about?

Just wondering, cause most of the posts on here are anti PPT, but yet you do love to Capture stuff, even when it isn’t defended at all.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

So, MAG, I have a question for you. Why do you bother to capture and defend things if you don’t care about PPT? Why not just run around and fight zergs, and individual players, if that is what you care about?

Just wondering, cause most of the posts on here are anti PPT, but yet you do love to Capture stuff, even when it isn’t defended at all.

Its how you get fights, generally if you attack keeps you get enemy numbers.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Jenrah.5403

It’s clear what your point was in your novel-length pro-PPT post. Just because you wrote something nonsensical doesn’t mean you have to get defensive about it. We all make mistakes.

Oh how sad, once again, I’m not into child abuse so I’m going to stop here with a yawn.

Feel free to read my post once again in an effort to grasp the detail. glhf.

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Jenrah.5403

Having read this entire thread……this might just be THE best post on it!

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

And this helped you move up in the rankings some. Not as dramatic as we have recently. But, back in April / May, I do remember you were around 8 / 9 in the rankings, and you moved up to around what, 6 / 7?

We have been 7-8 since April.

SBI has gone from 14 to 8 since the start of Sept when leagues were announced.

Why are you trying to compare the two?

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

Its how you get fights, generally if you attack keeps you get enemy numbers.

Not to mention the entire reward structure of WvW is designed around taking objectives.

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

That’s what a disproportionate number of us actually do on Mag most of the time.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

From what I hear, we’re pretty much in the same boat – hoping that we don’t end up in tier 1 (because a) we’d probably get creamed and b) because the queues and server lag will likely make it pretty unenjoyable. Somehow I doubt that A-net will improve their infrastructure enough to actually support the gameplay in tier 1 sufficiently.

All that being said – you guys have been giving us a good run this week. A lot of us feel that we’ve been able to best you folks in the open field/combat – but I guess the point-score speaks for itself….

Are you sure you play on mag?

Maguuma is 1000x better when they are being serious and not running their mouths on the forums. Once you get past wild boasts and the obligatory “if we had night coverage”, they are pretty neat folks.

I think he’s referring to the ‘if we get gold we’re jumping ship!’ attitude of kayonits

Attachments:

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

You are truly a Mag success story. In just one match-up, we will have tripled your post count (or more) and you can now proudly say you have posted on the official forms about Mag and Carrion armor. Mostly about Mag, but two topics is something to be celebrated.

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

I actually can solo camps still

I question the value of someone’s viewpoint when one of their highlights is soloing a camp.

~ AoN ~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Xirin.8593

You are truly a Mag success story. In just one match-up, we will have tripled your post count (or more) and you can now proudly say you have posted on the official forms about Mag and Carrion armor. Mostly about Mag, but two topics is something to be celebrated.

I always draw out the crazy PPT monkeys.

[AoN] All or Nothing

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Kiro.3164

I question the value of someone’s viewpoint when one of their highlights is soloing a camp.

I like roaming. Lol and the fact that I dont have to let the zerg wait to cap a camp when they can just run in and get siege.

[GoF] Blackgate

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: kartek.6428

kartek.6428

ppt roamers r best roamers

Kyra – Stormbluff Isle – [Agg] – Mesmer

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Kiro.3164

This week I cant, JadeBlob and Sanctum of Bags are zerging everywhere lol

[GoF] Blackgate

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Point invalidated by OP.

The only time anyone ever solos anything in T1 is because there are no less than 4 sets of orange swords elsewhere on the map calling all zerglings back to their motherships.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Kiro.3164

Point invalidated by OP.

The only time anyone ever solos anything in T1 is because there are no less than 4 sets of orange swords elsewhere on the map calling all zerglings back to their motherships.

As a thief, zergs kill me faster than PvX. But yea, following a BG tag will get you some badges. All the cool kids flock to it.

[GoF] Blackgate

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stillsky.2615

Stillsky.2615

We have been 7-8 since April.

SBI has gone from 14 to 8 since the start of Sept when leagues were announced.

Why are you trying to compare the two?

This! When I came to Mags from BP with [BURN] in the early summer, Mags was ranked 7th. Maguuma would’ve needed a lot more than the roughly 50 WvW players that [GOAT] and [BURN] brought if the hope was to rise in ranks.

aZn
~Maguuma~

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Jenrah.5403

God this is so lame. Take someone out of context for a post. I heard Mag was like this but until I’d seen it in detail I had no idea how infantile it was.

Again I will stop for fear of child abuse but guys……find another angle……ironically perhaps is your highlight of the week….. Taking our Garrison……once. 3 pages of ‘chest thumping’. Come on…..really?

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I see you are new to the forums.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xephyron.4702

Xephyron.4702

God this is so lame. Take someone out of context for a post. I heard Mag was like this but until I’d seen it in detail I had no idea how infantile it was.

Again I will stop for fear of child abuse but guys……find another angle……ironically perhaps is your highlight of the week….. Taking our Garrison……once. 3 pages of ‘chest thumping’. Come on…..really?

If Mag “chest thump” every time they take your garrison, then this thread would be 50 pages long by now.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

I love how SBI continues to blame our necros for being the reason we wipe you guys over and over and never faults themselves.

The reason our necros are so effective is because you let them be.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

Point invalidated by OP.

As a thief, zergs kill me faster than PvX. But yea, following a BG tag will get you some badges. All the cool kids flock to it.

Badges….Badges….We don’t need no stinking badges.

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Kiro.3164

Point invalidated by OP.

Badges….Badges….We don’t need no stinking badges.

Exactly.

[GoF] Blackgate

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

Though Mag was all about roamers, and small cough zergs. So, why are you knocking a fellow roamer?

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Andrew Clear.1750

I love how SBI continues to blame our necros for being the reason we wipe you guys over and over and never faults themselves.

So, what do you blame when we are wiping you over and over again? (And, it does happen).

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I blame the hut in ogre camp – we just continue to fall for that trap!

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Jenrah.5403

I see you are new to the forums.

lol, true man and good point. Forum Noob stating the obvious.

SBI

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shelior.2085

Shelior.2085

So, what do you blame when we are wiping you over and over again? (And, it does happen).

What are you talking about? SBI wiping the magnificent MAG large group that is definitely not a zerg because zergs are for losers and MAG does not support that kind of behavior?

If a SBI zerg did come across a mythical MAG zerg and some how the MAG zerg wiped then it was purely a coincidence that the entire MAG zerg was afk at the time, and even then it would take the SBI zerg 15 minutes to kill them all. Don’t you read the forums bro? All hail our MAG overlord!

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Acula.3496

Dr Acula.3496

Here’s a vid of round 3. RET won 5-2 but it could have easily been 2-5, you’ll understand why if you watch this video.

Hopefully someone with more hard drive space can upload other rounds. You also get to hear me call/verify pacify very loudly at the end so enjoy.

Nicely done RET!

Depressed Unicorns – Necro [Agg]

10/4/13 Mag/FA/SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

With even numbers? I guess if you count pugs standing in front of a hammer train.

Maguuma