11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Great post, but you don’t speak for the server or its leaders.

Nor do you; and furthermore, who are these “server leaders” you speak of, because I sure don’t see anyone fitting that description in WvW or in TS.

You should tag up and lead a guild.

I do lead a guild; Painfetish. Me. One person.

I was one of 3 co-founders of HF (with Garv and Alpaca Owl) which was one of the more dedicated WvW guilds, I believe, and eventually melded into…Choo, I think it was? Garvzhog quit when he saw that the “zerg guilds” were moving in- this was just after we’d beaten Dragonbrand for the first time ever, and before guilds started “hopping” to our server because they heard we were never-give-uppers.

Alpaca Owl…I think he/she/it got bored and just stopped playing, not sure. He/she/it was more of a cheerleader than a commander anyway.

The three of us (I played Fangjaw at the time) used to command PUG groups and HF before commander tags were as common as flies. None of us had one. We did just fine, because we actually liked each other, respected each other, and listened to everyone around us.

Then, much to my disappointment, SoR became a zerg server. One way, one mind.

Feh.

Make a return to active command and turn things around. Simple solution.

Not remotely interested. I don’t need to log into a videogame and be hassled by catcalls and jeers because I had the “stupid” idea of defending the north camp at the east and west gates (natural chokepoints) instead of calling in the entire map for help every time it’s attacked.

It’s ok; I’m not a fit for the server anymore. I can live with that.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in Match-ups

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

It’s one thing to stay on the server I joined back at launch in order to encourage community building, another entirely to hang on to the past, and so I am going to be moving on…where I don’t know yet.

SoR has lost its backbone. Many of the WvW guilds seem to be more concerned with their own prestige and maintaining (or growing) their spot in the “pecking order” than actually winning the matchup.

-No evolution of tactics. It’s always their blob versus our blob. Always. I play WvW about 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week (sabbaticals have their perks!) and it’s the exact same game plan every day, on every map; the blob is either capturing something, or rushing to defend something at the last second. No exceptions.

-No room for dialogue. Constructive criticism is ignored or (more likely) ridiculed in map chat, and the critic is labeled a troll and placed on ignore at the Commanders’ insistence.

-We’re not winning? Participation drops.

It may not yet be reflected in the score, but Sanctum of Rall, how far have you fallen…

Reading your post history…You wanted SOR to lose to drop tiers, and now that it’s happening…

Your post 5 months ago, long before “How far you have you fallen”….
“I hope they turn too. I’m sick and tired of T1, everyone here takes this game far too seriously. I legitimately hope we on SoR lose next week and drop a tier. Or three.”

Another one 5 months ago…this is good stuff!
“I don’t see it happening any time soon, but I sincerely hope our population on SoR shrinks and we drop a tier or two….”

How was SOR doing 5 months ago? boy you were raging!
“Speaking as someone who is constantly referred to as a troll by the people on my own server (mostly for calling out some of our kitten commanders when everyone else is busy lapping at their toes), may I say; tell them to kitten off. Seriously.”

“My attitude is, most if not all of these people are people I’ll never meet, and don’t care to meet. Their opinions and any stink they raise because I speak my mind are worth exactly nothing to me. Their criticisms should mean just as much to you.”

Yep and despite my wanting the server to drop down in tiers (and I still think it’s what’s best for them in the long run), I’m leaving. The people I used to play with have all moved on, and the server’s overall mentality has changed far beyond what it once was. If it’s ok for you, that’s good.

So what was up 5 months ago? Sheesh you were raging hard.

I’m not sure…I think that may have been a time when someone else got labeled a troll in map chat for suggesting we defend things instead of flipping them, and it got my hackles up and I started yelling at the “commanders” for it. Usually has that effect on me.

Watch this, it starts at the 1 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5kjxdznWPjs

Not sure what the point of the video is; don’t follow the commanders if you don’t want to?

I don’t. I try to stay as far away from their strategic abortions as I possibly can, but unfortunately…most people do follow them and their very bad ideas, and that means that’s where the fights will be, and that means that for someone who likes RvR, being in the general vicinity of the commanders- no matter how inflexible they may be – is a sort of necessity.

Unless you feel like sitting solo in a camp, guarding it (which I have done many a time) or walking yaks (which I have also done many a time) or repairing gates and walls while the zerg rushes off to the next crisis.

That commander is pretty hot huh? had the gothic look goin on and her voice in teamspeak has to be smexy! I’d follow her anytime!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Man, I am hoping that SoR can get their stuff back together. I am not even in t1, but I enjoy the fact that their are 3 servers that can actually compete for #1.

From an outsiders perspective, I am not used to seeing SoR getting spanked. Getting closer to t1.5 status.

I’m pullin for you SoR.

Also, SoS, you should rally all the people you can. You have a great chance at nabbing an upset like Darkhaven did last week. Get yourself 3 points instead of 1 this week, and it might go along way in the overall standings.

Some people are talking about how anet should have locked transfers when seasons started, but it is good that they didn’t. Some people did transfer off because of queues, and, in my opinion, I believe that is a valid reason for people to transfer.

in Match-ups

Posted by: kanderous.7512

kanderous.7512

Nor do you; and furthermore, who are these “server leaders” you speak of, because I sure don’t see anyone fitting that description in WvW or in TS.

I was one of 3 co-founders of HF (with Garv and Alpaca Owl) which was one of the more dedicated WvW guilds, I believe, and eventually melded into…Choo, I think it was? Garvzhog quit when he saw that the “zerg guilds” were moving in- this was just after we’d beaten Dragonbrand for the first time ever, and before guilds started “hopping” to our server because they heard we were never-give-uppers.

Alpaca Owl…I think he/she/it got bored and just stopped playing, not sure. He/she/it was more of a cheerleader than a commander anyway.

The three of us (I played Fangjaw at the time) used to command PUG groups and HF before commander tags were as common as flies. None of us had one. We did just fine, because we actually liked each other, respected each other, and listened to everyone around us.

Feh.

Not remotely interested. I don’t need to log into a videogame and be hassled by catcalls and jeers because I had the “stupid” idea of defending the north camp at the east and west gates (natural chokepoints) instead of calling in the entire map for help every time it’s attacked.

Yeah. I don’t think that’s going to cut it even with siege set up. It’s just the way the game’s structured, the enemy zerg would just run past because there’s no objective there.

I believe that those gates would have worked if the old orb system were still in place as as a prime area to ambush from. Since those are long gone, there’s just no reason.

“I was literally double fisting water and soymilk into my mouth” ~ Tytos Hill

in Match-ups

Posted by: papascoobs.7239

papascoobs.7239

It’s one thing to stay on the server I joined back at launch in order to encourage community building, another entirely to hang on to the past, and so I am going to be moving on…where I don’t know yet.

SoR has lost its backbone. Many of the WvW guilds seem to be more concerned with their own prestige and maintaining (or growing) their spot in the “pecking order” than actually winning the matchup.

-No evolution of tactics. It’s always their blob versus our blob. Always. I play WvW about 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week (sabbaticals have their perks!) and it’s the exact same game plan every day, on every map; the blob is either capturing something, or rushing to defend something at the last second. No exceptions.

-No room for dialogue. Constructive criticism is ignored or (more likely) ridiculed in map chat, and the critic is labeled a troll and placed on ignore at the Commanders’ insistence.

It may not yet be reflected in the score, but Sanctum of Rall, how far have you fallen…

Reading your post history…You wanted SOR to lose to drop tiers, and now that it’s happening…

“I hope they turn too. I’m sick and tired of T1, everyone here takes this game far too seriously. I legitimately hope we on SoR lose next week and drop a tier. Or three.”

“I don’t see it happening any time soon, but I sincerely hope our population on SoR shrinks and we drop a tier or two….”

“Speaking as someone who is constantly referred to as a troll by the people on my own server (mostly for calling out some of our kitten commanders when everyone else is busy lapping at their toes), may I say; tell them to kitten off. Seriously.”

“My attitude is, most if not all of these people are people I’ll never meet, and don’t care to meet. Their opinions and any stink they raise because I speak my mind are worth exactly nothing to me. Their criticisms should mean just as much to you.”

Yep and despite my wanting the server to drop down in tiers (and I still think it’s what’s best for them in the long run), I’m leaving. The people I used to play with have all moved on, and the server’s overall mentality has changed far beyond what it once was. If it’s ok for you, that’s good.

I’m not sure…I think that may have been a time when someone else got labeled a troll in map chat for suggesting we defend things instead of flipping them, and it got my hackles up and I started yelling at the “commanders” for it. Usually has that effect on me.

Not sure what the point of the video is; don’t follow the commanders if you don’t want to?

I don’t. I try to stay as far away from their strategic abortions as I possibly can, but unfortunately…most people do follow them and their very bad ideas, and that means that’s where the fights will be, and that means that for someone who likes RvR, being in the general vicinity of the commanders- no matter how inflexible they may be – is a sort of necessity.

Unless you feel like sitting solo in a camp, guarding it (which I have done many a time) or walking yaks (which I have also done many a time) or repairing gates and walls while the zerg rushes off to the next crisis.

That commander is pretty hot huh? had the gothic look goin on and her voice in teamspeak has to be smexy! I’d follow her anytime!!

Wait, I know that voice, its Smokee in drag!!!!!!

Papascoobs 80 Necro HB
Your friendly WvW plague and pestilence distributer

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Wait, I know that voice, its Smokee in drag!!!!!!

haha, good one!

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Feh.

My "stupid* idea is usually to follow a commander for a bit and if I don’t agree with what they doin I just stop following them. If they are the only commander tag on map, I change to another. Difficult concept I know and it takes a lot of willpower

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Feh.

Yeah. I don’t think that’s going to cut it even with siege set up. It’s just the way the game’s structured, the zerg would just run past because there’s no objective there.

I believe that those gates would have worked if the old orb system were still in place as as a prime area to ambush from. Since those are long gone, there’s just no reason.

It would stop anything short of a zerg, though. I don’t know about other servers, but on SoR the north camp is frequently lost to 8-10 players. Siege at the gates stops that and forces the enemy to devote more time and effort to steal a simple camp.

Tried it by myself this past summer; one ballista, my turrets (engi) and the guards were enough to hold off 3 havoc pushes by…I wanna say 8 people but one may have been a Mesmer and clones, it was a kittenaotic.

Anytime you can hold onto an objective with 1 person instead of 10-15, that’s a plus in my book.

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

SOR, whats happening? I’ve seen you guys climb your way from tier 7 to the top. you’ll be surprise to know that alot of BG respect sor than any other server. Your death will not do any good to us, DONT GIVE UP! and just likes bg’s fav phrase, BELIEVE! and ENDURE!

Its not sor its BG that is now the most stacked server in the game

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Feh.

My "stupid* idea is usually to follow a commander for a bit and if I don’t agree with what they doin I just stop following them. If they are the only commander tag on map, I change to another. Difficult concept I know and it takes a lot of willpower

…or you could just stay on the one map, and ignore the commanders.

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

Feh.

Yeah. I don’t think that’s going to cut it even with siege set up. It’s just the way the game’s structured, the zerg would just run past because there’s no objective there.

It would stop anything short of a zerg, though. I don’t know about other servers, but on SoR the north camp is frequently lost to 8-10 players. Siege at the gates stops that and forces the enemy to devote more time and effort to steal a simple camp.

Tried it by myself this past summer; one ballista, my turrets (engi) and the guards were enough to hold off 3 havoc pushes by…I wanna say 8 people but one may have been a Mesmer and clones, it was a kittenaotic.

Anytime you can hold onto an objective with 1 person instead of 10-15, that’s a plus in my book.

What my team would do is shadow refuge behind you and pull you off that ballista. No NPC guards.

Not sure why the group you encountered didn’t do that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

Thanks for some proper fights, ZDs. Your staying up late is appreciated, although it’d be nice if you spent less time bunkering down in keeps.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Everybody loves backseat drivers.
You complained about two mutually exclusive things there, map blobs and guilds ducking the blob…
Hint: Guilds run tagless in an attempt to split up blobs.

Here’s another hint; how about breaking up the existing blob by explicitly forming 5 groups, 5 different commanders with 7 people assigned each. The PUGs can follow whoever they want. Make each group independent, and assign them a map quadrant.

How about using those 5 groups to hit 2 supply camps down south, 2 up north, and a tower at the same time?

How about all 5 groups coming together to assault a target with a massed force only when needed, then breaking up again to function independently, spreading out BG’s forces?

How about giving that big, lumbering, easily outmaneuvered BG blob 5 different groups to swat at the same time, and see if they can be everywhere at once?

There are tried and true tactics for a smaller force to deal with a numerically superior force, and they work in videogames too. Try them someday before you kitten all over them. It might give you something else to do in comms besides yell “Shift left kitten left empower empower water fields water fields, blast blast blast!!!”

I remember alpaca, was a while back.
On your tactics: Completely impractical for use with a pug group. Ask for 5, get ten or none. More than likely none because everybody wants to be on the bag wagon.
BECAUSE 2) Most randoms are casual. They mine the ore, cap the sentry, what have you instead of what needs doing. Its called cat herding for a reason. At least in TW, small groups DO split off. But it’s done in gchat or whisper, you’d never know BECAUSE 3) there are whole tiers of information and command/control you as a sulking solo are oblivious of. Based on the novice-level suggestions, oblivious seems to be a theme..

And the last part…. Yeah, TW sucks at organization? Lacks understanding of skirmish engagements and use of extensions? (Those are the names of the “against numerically superior forces” tactics we don’t know about BTW) I mean sheesh, if we’re bad what does that say about the rest of the game?
By all means, lead us to glory O armchair Marshall. I’d donate an evening to your grasping reality lol

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Ballistas have a long range, and traited engineer turrets deployed in a triangle around me make thieves and mesmers unhappy. I also have 20 points into ballista mastery. Spread shot is a kitten.

Also, I was just 1 person; my point is that more people = greater stopping power. It’s just naturally easier for fewer people to hold a choke than it is for fewer people to fight many.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

Thanks for some proper fights, ZDs. Your staying up late is appreciated, although it’d be nice if you spent less time bunkering down in keeps.

They play for win. Wiping iron blob and getting all the points <3. Real hero

BG

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

We don’t see ZDs posting on the forums bragging about who they farmed. I wonder why…?

On another note, another troll in this tier is born. Please welcome fractalchaos! His name tells us all we need to know about which aspect of the game he is an expert in.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Eight people would roll through the two guards and one player (regardless of class) at that choke. I’ve done it enough with fewer people to know. If this is representative of the kinds of ideas you think will bolster SoR’s performance, then it’s no wonder they’re ignored.

The problem with SoR right now is that (for whatever reason) there are few commanders online after 9 pm PST, and most of the ‘Rallians’ on the map aren’t in TS and are unorganized and outmatched by the organized groups fielded by the other servers.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

(edited by Poxheart.2845)

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

SoR: 28 730
SoS: 23 613

dat ain’t right

in Match-ups

kanderous.7512

We don’t see ZDs posting on the forums bragging about who they farmed. I wonder why…?

On another note, another troll in this tier is born. Please welcome fractalchaos! His name tells us all we need to know about which aspect of the game he is an expert in.

I don’t think many of their members speak english…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

No, the rest of BG guilds/players do it, hiding among their blob and come in the forum brag how they wipe IRON 28man “blob”

Anyways, thank you for some good fights tonight, can’t wait for more tomorow

(edited by Botinhas.2018)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

ZDs actually started logging in about Midnight ET, fielding 10 people to walk yaks in BGBL. It’s a big change because this was previously uncontested that a single thief could disrupt supply caravans headed to Garry.

That additional manpower creates a very effective havoc group for that hour, and I admit that they are more skilled and coordinated than any other permanent BG guild.

They’re a great addition to your team, don’t lose them at the end of the season.

“They [ZDs] are more skilled and coordinated than any other permanent BG guild”.

Boom. They will carry BG on their backs for the next 4 weeks.

ZDs apparently runs for 24 hours now.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

On your tactics: Completely impractical for use with a pug group.

I didn’t say PUG group, that’s your projection. I said “explicitly form groups; the PUGS can follow (whatever commander) who they want”. Take 7 TW with you, and off you go. Have 7 RISE follow one of their commanders, and off you go. 7 FEAR, 7 DIE, 7 LUN, 7 HEL, 7 WR, 7 GSCH, and whatever PUGs decide to follow you. You only need to keep a grip of your 7 guildies, and are you telling me a commander can’t keep 7 of his own in check?

More than likely none because everybody wants to be on the bag wagon.

*Does that include your own guild members? *

BECAUSE 2) Most randoms are casual. They mine the ore, cap the sentry, what have you instead of what needs doing. Its called cat herding for a reason.

As stated above twice; 5 guild groups. Not PUGs.

At least in TW, small groups DO split off. But it’s done in gchat or whisper, you’d never know BECAUSE 3) there are whole tiers of information and command/control you as a sulking solo are oblivious of.

I know all about your separate CCOMS channel. It’s not relevant to the discussion. If a bunch of people with bad ideas get together and talk about them while rejecting everyone else’s suggestions, the bad ideas will not suddenly become viable.

Based on the novice-level suggestions, oblivious seems to be a theme..

Ad hominem. I’ve read many of your posts, so I know you’re skilled with them. Continue.

And the last part…. Yeah, TW sucks at organization? Lacks understanding of skirmish engagements and use of extensions? (Those are the names of the “against numerically superior forces” tactics we don’t know about BTW) I mean sheesh, if we’re bad what does that say about the rest of the game?
By all means, lead us to glory O armchair Marshall. I’d donate an evening to your grasping reality lol

TW is nothing short of pure art when it comes to combat in the open-field, but you’re panicky, rank amateurs at prioritizing targets on the map and at having an overarching plan before the match even starts. Starved for supply, you rush off to save a tower but give up 2 camps. You send your only large force to capture a keep while THEIR only large force takes garrison. You win fights, but lose objectives. Always have.

You break up into smaller groups often, really? So where are the results? The map looks the same to me. When the BG zerg is focused on us for 10+ minutes as we assault Bay, I scan the map and see no camps flipping, no other objectives with swords, and all of the ruins held by BG…what are your mythical splinter groups doing, “strategizing” in TS? Pffft….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

This probably should be posted on the sor forums, but since it seems sor doesn’t want to care about their server pride at the moment I’m just going to spill it here.

There’s been a problem brewing on sor for some time, it just hadn’t reared it’s ugly head before the season started but it’s something I noticed as the weeks went by, a certain attitude from sor guilds and and sor commanders. Last week “for the fights” mantra I kept hearing really made me disappointed in sor as well. Look, every player and guild has the right to play the game however they want, I’ve been a part of guilds like that, but there is a time and place for these things.

We all have had an entire year to go around to just “for the fights!” and not worry about the scoreboard, the moment we started the season that should have been put aside until certain things happened. When we’re far ahead or behind in score with no chance of the score flipping towards the end of the week, hey forget the siege and go for the fights, no one would have a problem with that.

The first three days of a match up when we’re all fighting to take the lead put your efforts before yourselves and do something for your server, get the points from ppt or grab the orb buff and get to stomp. If you can’t find it in yourself to help your server win a match up in a season then please get off the top 3 servers where everyone went to get the top competition. You can find fights just as well fighting on the other side and arrange your gvg’s as well if that’s your thing.

It’s sad that sor is not motivated by the season, servers like maguuma and sos fought and stayed in gold league while others may have tanked, even though they have no chance to compete in it. I’m glad they’re making a wvw overflow map, a lot of guilds are going to fit right in there, no points for the server, plenty for yourselves, and nothing but fights.

Sor is self destructing because of the guilds, some of them are unwilling to play with others, they pull good players from the server into their guild and then play among themselves. I’ve heard commanders sound disgusted they have too many pugs with them, some will do things to shake them off, some commanders are unwilling to work with pugs at all, which I think is very important to maintaining numbers on your side.

If you are not out there leading whether we’re winning or losing with the pugs they will give up wandering around aimlessly getting slaughtered. But I suppose that’s what you want right? well 12:30pm on a saturday outmanned on a bl, the pugs have already given up and the ap hunters are gone so who’s left to fill the space?

Now you guilds have what you wanted, an open queue and a ton of bg to fight, but the price? There is hurt pride and broken morale all in the name of just looking for fights to fill your bags up, and it’s only week 3 of 7 where we were expected to compete for first, instead what’s left of the season is talk of waiting to 2v1 with jq on bg on week 7, so I guess we should just get the karma train running for 4 weeks huh.

I know commanding the pug zerg can be trying on the nerves, but if you want better players you need to train and lead them, all I ever hear is blame being set on them for anything that goes wrong. Even the week before the season I mentioned in chat that commanders should be out and leading, and yet I got back the “it’s training week for guilds” that attitude was bound to bite us back.

Then I constantly hear well bg has two times our numbers, of course they do they use their pugs, you fight with your minimum numbers and claim to have better skill but unless the lag and skill lag goes away completely, or you have more skillful players than the other side then it means nothing, numbers will crush you and be available at more places than you can be at once. Your pugs will also not get better if you keep throwing them to the wolves, ridicule them, and blame them for everything.

We still have a number of excellent guilds and commanders around, I appreciate the work they do to coordinate us and creating the fun that can be had from wvw. I don’t need to name other guilds or commanders this was in regards to, if you read this and are offended then really ask yourself if it’s true, do you care enough to help the server or not, if you’re not offended then I’ll say keep on fighting please, the people that follow appreciate it, Rally up Rall.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Thank you ever so much for proving my point.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Eight people would roll through the two guards and one player (regardless of class) at that choke. I’ve done it enough with fewer people to know. If this is representative of the kinds of ideas you think will bolster SoR’s performance, then it’s no wonder they’re ignored.

The problem with SoR right now is that (for whatever reason) there are few commanders online after 9 pm PST, and most of the ‘Rallians’ on the map aren’t in TS and are unorganized and outmatched by the organized groups fielded by the other servers.

…and yet they had their assed handed to them. You’ve seen it fail, and I’ve seen it work. Who’s right?

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

There’s been 3 long kitten posts from disgruntled SoR players so far. Good luck, really.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

This probably should be posted on the sor forums, but since it seems sor doesn’t want to care about their server pride at the moment I’m just going to spill it here.

There’s been a problem brewing on sor for some time, it just hadn’t reared it’s ugly head before the season started but it’s something I noticed as the weeks went by, a certain attitude from sor guilds and and sor commanders. Last week “for the fights” mantra I kept hearing really made me disappointed in sor as well. Look, every player and guild has the right to play the game however they want, I’ve been a part of guilds like that, but there is a time and place for these things.

We all have had an entire year to go around to just “for the fights!” and not worry about the scoreboard, the moment we started the season that should have been put aside until certain things happened. When we’re far ahead or behind in score with no chance of the score flipping towards the end of the week, hey forget the siege and go for the fights, no one would have a problem with that.

The first three days of a match up when we’re all fighting to take the lead put your efforts before yourselves and do something for your server, get the points from ppt or grab the orb buff and get to stomp. If you can’t find it in yourself to help your server win a match up in a season then please get off the top 3 servers where everyone went to get the top competition. You can find fights just as well fighting on the other side and arrange your gvg’s as well if that’s your thing.

It’s sad that sor is not motivated by the season, servers like maguuma and sos fought and stayed in gold league while others may have tanked, even though they have no chance to compete in it. I’m glad they’re making a wvw overflow map, a lot of guilds are going to fit right in there, no points for the server, plenty for yourselves, and nothing but fights.

Sor is self destructing because of the guilds, some of them are unwilling to play with others, they pull good players from the server into their guild and then play among themselves. I’ve heard commanders sound disgusted they have too many pugs with them, some will do things to shake them off, some commanders are unwilling to work with pugs at all, which I think is very important to maintaining numbers on your side.

If you are not out there leading whether we’re winning or losing with the pugs they will give up wandering around aimlessly getting slaughtered. But I suppose that’s what you want right? well 12:30pm on a saturday outmanned on a bl, the pugs have already given up and the ap hunters are gone so who’s left to fill the space?

Now you guilds have what you wanted, an open queue and a ton of bg to fight, but the price? There is hurt pride and broken morale all in the name of just looking for fights to fill your bags up, and it’s only week 3 of 7 where we were expected to compete for first, instead what’s left of the season is talk of waiting to 2v1 with jq on bg on week 7, so I guess we should just get the karma train running for 4 weeks huh.

I know commanding the pug zerg can be trying on the nerves, but if you want better players you need to train and lead them, all I ever hear is blame being set on them for anything that goes wrong. Even the week before the season I mentioned in chat that commanders should be out and leading, and yet I got back the “it’s training week for guilds” that attitude was bound to bite us back.

Then I constantly hear well bg has two times our numbers, of course they do they use their pugs, you fight with your minimum numbers and claim to have better skill but unless the lag and skill lag goes away completely, or you have more skillful players than the other side then it means nothing, numbers will crush you and be available at more places than you can be at once. Your pugs will also not get better if you keep throwing them to the wolves, ridicule them, and blame them for everything.

We still have a number of excellent guilds and commanders around, I appreciate the work they do to coordinate us and creating the fun that can be had from wvw. I don’t need to name other guilds or commanders this was in regards to, if you read this and are offended then really ask yourself if it’s true, do you care enough to help the server or not, if you’re not offended then I’ll say keep on fighting please, the people that follow appreciate it, Rally up Rall.

They will not be offended by your post; to them, you’re a PUG, a nobody, and this will be labeled as a troll or a whine.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

All I see is BG qq about SoR, but didin’t occur to you that we SoR organised WvW guilds are actually having fun in primetime? Stop teaching us how to play in T1.

BG is talking abour pride.. you should have some pride and stop this blobbing madness. Matchup is over so turn off the tag and step up for the proper fights.

[IRON]

(edited by Skoti.3195)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dkarpostag.5849

dkarpostag.5849

A lot of us do. And not everyone of us is Russian. There is no need for us to prove something in forums, we give what we have in field.
Thanks for fights to TW and IRON when you where separate.

Norn Necro
Marching with ZDs
Seafarer’s Rest

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

There’s been 3 long kitten posts from disgruntled SoR players so far. Good luck, really.

What you’re seeing though is- I think -SoR players unhappy with the server’s current “attitude” as opposed to the fact that we are losing the match. It’s more a question of discontent, really. I think most SoR players don’t care if we win or lose, but when they start to feel like nothing they say or do is ever good enough and that they have no say in how their server plans its matches…it takes its toll.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I think BGs are sharpening their blades for the next encounter with JQ. Don’t expect JQ to beat BG.

I’m predicting you won’t be posting for a week if BG does start losing to JQ.

I stoped posting in WvW when i was going for spvp 3 weeks straight for R40 tiger finisher and thats not going to happen now until next season, so whatever I ll post in WvW now. (btw i am done with spvp unless Anet fix the crazy requirements to go further…)

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

What you’re seeing though is- I think -SoR players unhappy with the server’s current “attitude” as opposed to the fact that we are losing the match. It’s more a question of discontent, really. I think most SoR players don’t care if we win or lose, but when they start to feel like nothing they say or do is ever good enough and that they have no say in how their server plans its matches…it takes its toll.

You haven’t transferred yet?

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

snipped .

Cliff note version?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

A lot of us do. And not everyone of us is Russian. There is no need for us to prove something in forums, we give what we have in field.
Thanks for fights to TW and IRON when you where separate.

Why are your server mates so serious and cynical? All I said was thank you for the good fights. Didn’t know there was a double meaning to it lol.

But again, thanks for the fights. Hope you will run separately as well!

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

They will not be offended by your post; to them, you’re a PUG, a nobody, and this will be labeled as a troll or a whine.

I was about to say…sounds like elitism runs rather deep here.

in Match-ups

Neuromancer.2148

I’ve been on Blackgate through many ups and downs – attitude is most definitely a key factor into how well a server plays. Here’s hoping that you get your internal issues sorted out soon.

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

There is no need for us to prove something in forums, we give what we have in field.

Of course not, you guys are just a week old transfer with no history in these matchups so what’s there to say?

Now BG vs JQ vs SOR is a different breed. I think SOR and BG for one has been going at each others throats for over a year with many of their mainstays still kicking and active on their respective servers so the vibe in these threads are going to come naturally as expected with any long time rival.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Come on guys. It’s nothing like BG is getting more stack or something. We’re basicly the same. It’s just some in SoR decided to slack or basicly play BF4 too much while BG is just the same o’BG who fight nonstop?

To those who try to claimed BG overstack, let me summarize what we get/lose recently:
BG gained EU-[COIN] wvw average25, Early EU-[ZDs] wvw average35
BG lost Oceanic/SEA-[MERC] wvw average30, Oceanic/SEA-[SUPR] wvw average20

So bacicly we lost loads of our oceanic, ton of great commanders like Tarkus/Ralikh/Sehoon etc who always leading wvw and overtime a lot but we gained more EU in mostly the same proportion. That’s it. Yes you might say we’re getting more behind the scene, but i’m sure everybody does.

To IRON, can we all stop PvForum and get ingame to fight instead? I’m really sick of you guys trying hard to flame everything & everyone we gained. You guys used to come earlier into late SEA and kitten d all our waypoints and dominated the EU for months. Now it’s just a shift of population, embrace it and let’s have some good community spirit rather than being forum trolls. I dunno if it’s “your guild” propaganda or something to allow such players to troll forum this much, but if you were in my guild, you’re going to get warned for being a kittenicially.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

(edited by Tajz.9826)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lemrish.5970

Lemrish.5970

I didn’t say PUG group, that’s your projection. I said “explicitly form groups; the PUGS can follow (whatever commander) who they want”. Take 7 TW with you, and off you go. Have 7 RISE follow one of their commanders, and off you go. 7 FEAR, 7 DIE, 7 LUN, 7 HEL, 7 WR, 7 GSCH, and whatever PUGs decide to follow you. You only need to keep a grip of your 7 guildies, and are you telling me a commander can’t keep 7 of his own in check?

BECAUSE 2) Most randoms are casual. They mine the ore, cap the sentry, what have you instead of what needs doing. Its called cat herding for a reason.

At least in TW, small groups DO split off. But it’s done in gchat or whisper, you’d never know BECAUSE 3) there are whole tiers of information and command/control you as a sulking solo are oblivious of.

I know all about your separate CCOMS channel. It’s not relevant to the discussion. If a bunch of people with bad ideas get together and talk about them while rejecting everyone else’s suggestions, the bad ideas will not suddenly become viable.

Ad hominem. I’ve read many of your posts, so I know you’re skilled with them. Continue.

TW is nothing short of pure art when it comes to combat in the open-field, but you’re panicky, rank amateurs at prioritizing targets on the map and at having an overarching plan before the match even starts. Starved for supply, you rush off to save a tower but give up 2 camps. You send your only large force to capture a keep while THEIR only large force takes garrison. You win fights, but lose objectives. Always have.

You break up into smaller groups often, really? So where are the results? The map looks the same to me. When the BG zerg is focused on us for 10+ minutes as we assault Bay, I scan the map and see no camps flipping, no other objectives with swords, and all of the ruins held by BG…what are your mythical splinter groups doing, “strategizing” in TS? Pffft….

Well said

Trolled SoR to Tier 7
Click on my post history for tips on trolling kthnxbai

in Match-ups

Posted by: Botinhas.2018

Botinhas.2018

Early EU-[ZDs] wvw average25

I really have to stop drinking while on WvW, everytime i see them they are close to 40,

in Match-ups

Posted by: ceg.4875

ceg.4875

This thread is out of Control.

All T1 servers have upgraded personnel, whether actively or passively through the past year.

What is BG without JQ and SOR? And vice versa.

The top 3 need each other, embrace the challenge. Otherwise there would be no competition.

Powers will shift again, others will QQ. Put your big boy pants on.

Ceg – BG

Ceg – Officer of RUIN
Blackgate

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

I’ve been on Blackgate through many ups and downs – attitude is most definitely a key factor into how well a server plays. Here’s hoping that you get your internal issues sorted out soon.

Well put and when a server is down the excess weight tends to leave which allows the server to trim the fat. One cancer in chat spewing garbage can disrupt a whole map of players. I think a few of us saw the drama unfolding on JQ months back between Rawnoodles and some of the JQ commanders back in the day when word got out they were going at it for hours on map chat throwing obscenities at one another.

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

This thread is out of Control.

All T1 servers have upgraded personnel, whether actively or passively through the past year.

What is BG without JQ and SOR? And vice versa.

The top 3 need each other, embrace the challenge. Otherwise there would be no competition.

Powers will shift again, others will QQ. Put your big boy pants on.

Ceg – BG

If only ANet didn’t kitten everyone over by putting T2 servers in our match ups.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Early EU-[ZDs] wvw average25

I really have to stop drinking while on WvW, everytime i see them they are close to 40,

Changed to 35 for you. But will that really change anything at all? The current wvw active numbers still remain nearly equal.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lemrish.5970

Lemrish.5970

I’m really not surprised by the elitist attitude of SOR guilds based off of how they portray themselves on this forum. It’s a shame that they discredit the militia that put in many hours every day. Hope you find a home that appreciates your efforts.

/slaute

Trolled SoR to Tier 7
Click on my post history for tips on trolling kthnxbai

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Nope. Are you concerned?

Once I do, I’ll still keep tabs on SoR to see if there’s been a change of mindset.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunt.6835

Sunt.6835

Well said

Agree …. Well said

BG

in Match-ups

scootshoot.6583

Nope. Are you concerned?

Once I do, I’ll still keep tabs on SoR to see if there’s been a change of mindset.

Naw, just reminding you. You stated you were transferring off so was surprised you were still around hours later talking about SOR.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Well put and when a server is down the excess weight tends to leave which allows the server to trim the fat. One cancer in chat spewing garbage can disrupt a whole map of players. I think a few of us saw the drama unfolding on JQ months back between Rawnoodles and some of the JQ commanders back in the day when word got out they were going at it for hours on map chat throwing obscenities at one another.

When that “excess weight” includes players who have fought for the server since launch and done nothing but try to help said server win, doing all the menial things that the zerg has no time for (gotta get them bagz, right?), you’ve got a problem.

in Match-ups

FractalChaos.6539

Nope. Are you concerned?

Naw, just reminding you. You stated you were transferring off so was surprised you were still around hours later talking about SOR.

I like my server, or used to. I fully intend to transfer, but it’ll be when I’m ready…not because someone thinks they can troll me into it.