13/09 Ring of Fire/Drakkar Lake/Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alex.2108

Alex.2108

Nice Fights against Lion and FRS in DL BL. And the siege at garrison just…..lol.
One question to CE tho: are all of the guys from CE ex ECL members?
Greets

Driven by Fury [dF]
Best Guard Kuba confirmed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

Greets

Not all.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Nice Fights against Lion and FRS in DL BL. And the siege at garrison just…..lol.
Greets

CE is a merge of Eclipse Gaming [ECL] and Apocaliptic Legends [Al] from SFR.
And I think some are from The Civil Rebels [RiOT], but not sure.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Apocalyptic Legends WAS the core wvw players from RiOT.

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

Much love to the Slippery HxH Warrior in SE gear. I must say you can sure move fast!

…oh and the Female Thief in Naz <3

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Monkeymonger.9235

Monkeymonger.9235

Sorry to TAG for joining the zerg on eb tonight. Your group was just a bit too much to take on our own. Gta dropped our numbers by quite a bit.
I have to admit that i feel pretty bad whenever we push on Rof side of the map, but at the moment we’re just desperate to get fights.

Also thanks to the drakkars that actually try to wipe us instead of dying while trying to get past us into the tower.

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Well, we were leading PUG zerg today as well (we were low on numbers too and some GH guilds were blobbing in ROF bl where we started), it’s been a while since I had the dorito on. We got killed more than couple times as to be expected, I hope RoF PUGs learnt something in process tho :P And I admit that I killed us sometimes trying to move with PUGs like I would do with guild :P

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Batista.3417

Batista.3417

We Love you Drakkar!!!

Attachments:

High Tier Are Kings – lvl 80 Warrior
[HT] officer , commander & Spiritual leader.
Gollems Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

1,3K Kills tonight
Not a bad raid

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Match-ups

Monkeymonger.9235

Well, we were leading PUG zerg today as well (we were low on numbers too and some GH guilds were blobbing in ROF bl where we started), it’s been a while since I had the dorito on. We got killed more than couple times as to be expected, I hope RoF PUGs learnt something in process tho :P And I admit that I killed us sometimes trying to move with PUGs like I would do with guild :P

Figured as much when i actually bothered to look at the map. It was just one of those “oh kitten” moments when we first saw your group and realized this might be a bit too much with 15 guys. Still had some of our best fights of the week tonight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Ring of Fire Scout from [Fire] (A Condi Warrior and a Axe/Shield+Hammer Warrior), thanks for being the only one “roamer” I’ve found in 5 hours of roaming in RoF BL.
This night was REALLY boring. No one from RoF even tried to capture the Bloodlust points. RoF, what are you doing?

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: fab.3298

fab.3298

Yeah, it wasn’t intentional. We roamed alone like always but the NE tower was the final point on the map so everyone in the zone ended up there. As a result it got zerged badly. We actually ended our raid after that since there wasn’t much to do and 3:1 fights in your favour aren’t much fun.

Fab The Guardian
[Re] Rerolled

in Match-ups

Batista.3417

Good Fights With Drakkar^^

Gollems Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

@Hihey: Rof is mostly busy being slaughtered by your monster blobs, sorry we can’t satisfy your needs to solo because of that!

in Match-ups

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Yeah, it wasn’t intentional. We roamed alone like always but the NE tower was the final point on the map so everyone in the zone ended up there. As a result it got zerged badly. We actually ended our raid after that since there wasn’t much to do and 3:1 fights in your favour aren’t much fun.

No hard feelings, I realize that it was last place on the map. It was hard for us to doa nything when you had more people in your guild groups (total) then we had PUGs ^^ so I had to jump EB to keep morale on reasonable level. Well, all that is to blame is stupid RNG that keeps throwing us on servers 5+ ranks higher (afair last even matchup that RoF had was 5 or 6 weeks ago, vs Dzagonur and Arborstone – and even taht one was even vs Dzag, Arbor got destroyed…)

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

hihey.1075

@Hihey: Rof is mostly busy being slaughtered by your monster blobs, sorry we can’t satisfy your needs to solo because of that!

Out of the 5 hours I’ve spent in your BL, we’ve been Outnumbered for 4 hours and 30 minutes.
The only few times we were not outnumbered were when the pugs train came and took your garri a few times (you even managed to take it back with a Mesmer lol). But I assure you, we were not more than 5 in your BL, roaming around and taking what could be taken without almost any opposition.

Anyhow, I’d hardly call a 20man group (that was the size of our karma train) a “blob”.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

Ring of Fire Scout from [Fire] (A Condi Warrior and a Axe/Shield+Hammer Warrior), thanks for being the only one “roamer” I’ve found in 5 hours of roaming in RoF BL.
This night was REALLY boring. No one from RoF even tried to capture the Bloodlust points. RoF, what are you doing?

We are bound in the never ending quest to slaughter dragons, capturing temples, getting matched up with servers 5+ ranks higher than us. Our research group has decided to find the most effective way to kill Tequel the Sunless. Once Rof has mastered this superior task, we shall capture bloodlust, one of the most kittened things to give the winning server a even bigger advantage!
Our roamers are busy getting slaughtered by your zergs, mate and it doesn`t matter if you will believe it or not: earlier this week we tried to roam with 3-4ppl just to get zerged by 10-15 peopel. Now we are just waiting for the next senseless matchup with another server 5+ ranks higher than us.
Thank you A-net, you know how to balance like in gw1 with power creeping, keep it up.

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

It’s not Anet’s fault, WvW will never be a fair fight because a lot of times it comes down to numbers, this you simply cannot balance.. it’s the nature of WvW. I personally like the matchup rotation system more, otherwise you’d be stuck in the same matchup for weeks.. but yes, it has its downsides such as facing servers with far superior numbers.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, feel free to mail Anet about it.. I certainly have no clue how to fix such a problem, except for free transfers (which would result in most people coming to GH tbh, rather than a server with no numbers and WvW structure).. Underworld for example is a “Very High” server and it has far less people in WvW than GH and GH is only medium size, I dunno how correct these population stats are or if they take in account inactive people etc.

There will always be unfair situations, such as getting nightcapped etc.. I stopped caring about points a long time ago and play for my own enjoyment.

in Match-ups

Bratwa.6582

It’s not Anet’s fault, WvW will never be a fair fight because a lot of times it comes down to numbers, this you simply cannot balance.. it’s the nature of WvW. I personally like the matchup rotation system more, otherwise you’d be stuck in the same matchup for weeks.. but yes, it has its downsides such as facing servers with far superior numbers.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, feel free to mail Anet about it.. I certainly have no clue how to fix such a problem, except for free transfers (which would result in most people coming to GH tbh, rather than a server with no numbers and WvW structure).. […]
There will always be unfair situations, such as getting nightcapped etc.. I […] play for my own enjoyment.

Devon Carver alrdy stated, that WvW isn`t meant to be balanced. A-nets fault is: free transfers destroyed at the very beginning any "balance"and another fault of them is to meassure Transfer cost by Server size, but not their current ranking.
How does it make sense to introduce a buff that gives the server with a better coverage a even greater advantage? Peopel wanted to have the maps changed, so did Anet it is great (less PvE like Krait and Quaggans). Fighting against the odds and holding your ground can be challangeing, but when the odds are getting boosted the hope of victory is getting crushed. Now Peopel want naturaly fair fights, but with bloodlust as it is now there is no place for real PvP.
I figure, that A-net will just ignore the playerbase till Leagues start and say that they cannot change bloodlust now, because they stated: while Leagues are in place there will be no wvw related updates only bug fixes.

Attachments:

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Our roamers are busy getting slaughtered by your zergs, mate and it doesn`t matter if you will believe it or not: earlier this week we tried to roam with 3-4ppl just to get zerged by 10-15 peopel.

Works both ways. I’ve been run over by RoF 5-15 man zergs countless of times too, more than by DL zergs actually. You just don’t pay attention to it when you guys do it. You just /laugh and /dance on the corpse like champs.
BTW, why does so many RoF players spam emotes when you kill someone 5+v1?

P.S. Thanks to that RoF P/P Perplexity thief for nice(and frikin’ annoying!) fight near RoF or DL BL Bay yesterday. To bad I got eventually overrun by some RoF group. Bad place to duel I guess.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Monkeymonger.9235

Since the update i haven’t been in a fight, neither smallscale nor raid, that i could honestly say was decided by bloodlust. There wasn’t a duel where i lost or won with a couple of thousand hp. Our raids wipe because i make a mistake or players get caught out of position – not because of 50-150 stat points.

It’s a bonus that we haven’t asked for. We were doing fine without it and i can’t stand to have our victories spoiled by it.
I do believe however that the bonus is vastly overrated. On a grand scale we win because we nightcap the kitten out of you. If you have no players online the buff doesn’t matter.

Edit: Also, it’s roaming. Sometimes you get zerged. Get over it.

in Match-ups

Bratwa.6582

Our roamers are busy getting slaughtered by your zergs, mate and it doesn`t matter if you will believe it or not: earlier this week we tried to roam with 3-4ppl just to get zerged by 10-15 peopel.

Works both ways. I’ve been run over by RoF 5-15 man zergs countless of times too, more than by DL zergs actually. You just don’t pay attention to it when you guys do it. You just /laugh and /dance on the corpse like champs.

P.S. Thanks to that RoF P/P Perplexity thief for nice(and frikin’ annoying!) fight near RoF or DL BL Bay yesterday. To bad I got eventually overrun by some RoF group. Bad place to duel I guess.

You know what, you literally asked for it:

Works both ways. I’ve been run over by GH 5-15 man zergs countless of times too, more than by DL zergs actually. You just don’t pay attention to it when you guys do it. You just /laugh and /dance on the corpse like champs.
BTW, why does so many GH players spam emotes when you kill someone 5+v1?

And i use ballista or rams or whatever i get from rankup chest to put in on corpses!
And i answered one guy, what happens to us when we go on a roaming trip, why we dont have many roamers out there at the moment.
And you are not reading properly.
And I am well aware what our zerglings are doing to roamers, dont jump to conclusions like “You just don’t pay attention to it when you guys do it”.
And i shall come to the forums to say my daily adventures, what kind of injustice happened to me.
But seriously….read….porperly

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Bratwa.6582

Since the update i haven’t been in a fight, neither smallscale nor raid, that i could honestly say was decided by bloodlust. There wasn’t a duel where i lost or won with a couple of thousand hp. Our raids wipe because i make a mistake or players get caught out of position – not because of 50-150 stat points.

It’s a bonus that we haven’t asked for. We were doing fine without it and i can’t stand to have our victories spoiled by it.
I do believe however that the bonus is vastly overrated. On a grand scale we win because we nightcap the kitten out of you. If you have no players online the buff doesn’t matter.

Edit: Also, it’s roaming. Sometimes you get zerged. Get over it.

I hope you are right, that it is vastly overrated, but i am really pessimitic towards bloodlust and its negative impact on wvw. :/

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arathor.7419

Arathor.7419

A wolf among sheep

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hipster.1264

Hipster.1264

Thanks for the fights- Greetings from us 15 [iCoN] Guys to all the Gunnars we did fight tonight- was fun.

Mirajane Grauwind Necro

(edited by Hipster.1264)

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

You know what, you literally asked for it:

Works both ways. I’ve been run over by GH 5-15 man zergs countless of times too, more than by DL zergs actually. You just don’t pay attention to it when you guys do it. You just /laugh and /dance on the corpse like champs.
BTW, why does so many GH players spam emotes when you kill someone 5+v1?

And i use ballista or rams or whatever i get from rankup chest to put in on corpses!
And i answered one guy, what happens to us when we go on a roaming trip, why we dont have many roamers out there at the moment.
And you are not reading properly.
And I am well aware what our zerglings are doing to roamers, dont jump to conclusions like “You just don’t pay attention to it when you guys do it”.
And i shall come to the forums to say my daily adventures, what kind of injustice happened to me.
But seriously….read….porperly

You seem to be quite mad. I like that.
I explained to you, that our roamers get zerged too. It happens to everyone. Your server is not special.
You know what I do when I get slaughtered by a group? I WP and start roaming again. It’s WvW and sometimes you just get zerged.

You: Well we dont roam because our peopel get zerged by GH.
Me: Our roamers get zerged too. You’re just seeing your own point of view.
You: I said we dont roam because our people get killed by your zerg. I know we do it too. Read porperly.

You’re not really making lot of sense.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

hihey.1075

Now this is what I call a pleasant sentry cap :]

Attachments:

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bear.4931

Bear.4931

As a RoF member i’m sure you are expecting me to moan about a guild or server blobbing. However, my screen was completely red due to the almost infinite number of enemies so i wouldn’t dream of naming names. That being said, we had some good fights and i actually quite enjoyed the match-up

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Well that sloppy warrior would be me :p
Gotta thank you too for the fun fights since I was getting quite bored with dull roaming at the time before I would have to head off to work

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bars T Death.6451

Bars T Death.6451

so we no know gunners hold ways if we cannot defeat with even numbers we have to order more if that dosn’t work get even more and so on till we can steam roll over enemy without any effort.

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

(edited by Bars T Death.6451)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

so we no know gunners hold ways if we cannot defeat with even numbers we have to order more if that dosn’t work get even more and so on till we can steam roll over enemy without any effort.

Made me chuckle.
Would read again.
9/10

Hello darkness, my old friend.

in Match-ups

Batista.3417

its not steam roll over enemy my friend,its called tactics and teamwork,dont miss teamwork and steam roll…at night we have a very good communication in gh,that make us win,which you guys in rof dont have.

Gollems Hold

in Match-ups

Bars T Death.6451

no i am right you run if there is even little bit resistance and wait for more to come plain and simple

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

in Match-ups

Monkeymonger.9235

Hold on a second, are you one of these guys that hid in the invulnerability areas with your friends while outnumbering us? Or one of these that ran into briar while outnumbering us and pew pew’d from the walls? Or one of the 4 guys that chased me to the spawn and ran away once a second player showed up?

You should realize that after the karma train leaves nobody cares about your border. It’s just a couple of insomniacs looking for a fight.

in Match-ups

Batista.3417

no i am right you run if there is even little bit resistance and wait for more to come plain and simple

That cuz they dont want to wipe you guys,the other group will be sad and will cry for not having you as lootbags,thats what we say everytime we see rof group running around thinking they gonna whack us,lol

Gollems Hold

in Match-ups

Bars T Death.6451

well there ya go gh now rest of night crew has gone to bed go cap rest and be bored few hours

Jade Quarry
All lvl 80’s

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

@Bars
Well mate i do remember we were ticking around 500 at prime time also.
Second since i play at nights and mornings what do you want us do don’t attack because you don’t have equal numbers?
Trust me we have been morning capped and night capped before and i know how it is like but you cannot blame the others for a broken mechanic of the game.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bear.4931

Bear.4931

its not steam roll over enemy my friend,its called tactics and teamwork,dont miss teamwork and steam roll…at night we have a very good communication in gh,that make us win,which you guys in rof dont have.

Hey thats not fair! Me and the other 2 guys on the night shift communicate very well thank you very much sir.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Obeet.6785

Obeet.6785

Psy had some awesome fight yesterday on Rof borderland, thanks to all we fight against!

Asura engineer//Human Warrior [Psy]

Outnumbered actions : http://www.youtube.com/user/Fiascot

in Match-ups

Posted by: WhiskeyJack.5839

WhiskeyJack.5839

Video of all our best fights this week from a FURY perspective.
We ran between 15-20 this week due to GTA V.
Thanks to everyone we faced in the field
Watch in 1080 and enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfKNUhYHFX8

Gunnars Hold
Furious Cookies[FURY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Please note you can’t watch that video on mobile devices. This is very unprofessional and I apologise for the inconvenience my fellow guildie caused with his hunger for viewers and revenue.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Match-ups

Monkeymonger.9235

I do apologize for the video itself. This week was filled with seemingly random lag spikes, which made it next to impossible for the melee to look decent. We’re in the process of educating our beloved train in how to follow a leader that jumps around the screen.

Also please excuse the severe lack of jump dodging. He’s learning.

in Match-ups

Bratwa.6582

@ Noss.4105 sigh you miss the point, as i said, read properly. to get mad it requires to take persons like you serious which i can`t as your respond indicates.

That`s why i so like gw2 forum, because it is PvForum. Peopel won`t even notice if you are making fun out of them.

Good Luck Drakkar Lake and Gunnars Hold on your next matchup.
I hope the fair weather players and bandwagoners won`t transfer away once GH gets a tough match.

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

in Match-ups

Toxikthrash.2704

Not sure if this has been asked before, can’t really be asked to go into detail looking.

The amount of roaming from both sides dramatically decreased from what i seem and they just run in a blob now.If it is a counter to GH blobs to just gain some points or whatever i do not know.. But i had seen the best part of five parties during the week and caught the occasional unlucky lad/lass to encounter the thief.

Sure you are getting slaughtered point wise but pweeeeese come out to play, i am getting bored running around capping sentry’s and waiting for people at North Camp to kill.

-Distrap, CHvc /VA

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

@ Noss.4105 sigh you miss the point, as i said, read properly. to get mad it requires to take persons like you serious which i can`t as your respond indicates.

That`s why i so like gw2 forum, because it is PvForum. Peopel won`t even notice if you are making fun out of them.

Good Luck Drakkar Lake and Gunnars Hold on your next matchup.
I hope the fair weather players and bandwagoners won`t transfer away once GH gets a tough match.

Care to tell your point then? What I read from your post, along with the whining about how unfair everything is for RoF, was that you don’t roam because there’s big bad zergs in WvW that kill you. To what I replied that it happens to everyone. It’s not a reason to abandon roaming.
If you really stop roaming after you get zerged, then it’s your poor morale to blame.

Oh, and trying to use the “You’re not worthy of my superior intelligence. Why should I waste my time on a lesser being like you?” -card to get out of an argument just shows that you don’t have anything to say.

Good luck to RoF on their next matchup too. I hope you get a bit better match this time.

P.S. You were little mad.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Toxikthrash.2704

Props to the iCoN thief I just had the pleasure of fighting with, one of the best i have fought so far. Alas real life calls and i did not feel like messing with a condinecro as well haha.

-Distrap, CHvc / VA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Erastmus.3785

Erastmus.3785

Well, this weeks matchup is coming to its closure and it has been an interesting first week on GH.. Thank you for the fights everybody! We’ll see who the RNG gods will pair us up with for the next matchup

Prissie – floppy-eared Asura elementalist
Crtitical Emergence [CE] – Gunnar’s Hold
My elementalist videos… http://www.youtube.com/user/erastmus/videos

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Thank you for the fun match up even when our morale was just so low with a few friends leaving RoF. I’d like to especially thank roamers on both sides, me and my partner had a lot of fun encounters winning or losing.

GG& good luck on your next match up and may it brings you even more fun =)

PS: MM mesmer, it must be fun laughing at peoples’ corpses when you’re not alone

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

PS: MM mesmer, it must be fun laughing at peoples’ corpses when you’re not alone

Yeah, I remember from my RoS times that some MM guys have no shame. Getting a kill in WvW is a huge achivement for some.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Yeah, I remember from my RoS times that some MM guys have no shame. Getting a kill in WvW is a huge achivement for some.

It’s hardly a guild wide nor guild specific thing, it will be individual players. RoS had plenty of them, dancing-laughing-jumping-rambuilding players. Bit silly to tar an entire guild with the same brush, or it could be applied to an entire server also, which would in that case include you ;p

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

(edited by Neandramathal.9536)